Cleavon Little .... Bart
Gene Wilder .... Jim (The Waco Kid)
Slim Pickens .... Taggart
David Huddleston .... Olson Johnson
Liam Dunn .... Rev. Johnson
Alex Karras .... Mongo
John Hillerman .... Howard Johnson
George Furth .... Van Johnson
Jack Starrett .... Gabby Johnson (as Claude Ennis Starrett Jr.)
Mel Brooks .... Gov. William J. LePetomaine/Indian chief/World War I aviator in badmen lineup)
Harvey Korman .... Hedley Lamarr
Madeline Kahn .... Lili Von Shtupp
Carol DeLuise .... Harriett Johnson (as Carol Arthur)
Richard Collier .... Dr. Sam Johnson
Charles McGregor .... Charlie

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
To Saeed, DRG, and anyone else who has a hand in keeping this site up and going.
THANK YOU!

My personal beliefs aside, I wish everyone here, a happy time with their families, celebrating the religion of their choice. Including the choice of not choosing at all.

Ben589, you forgot a couple

"What in the wide, wide world of sports is a goin' on around here?"

and my personal favorite:
"Are we awake?"
"We're not sure....are we....black?"
"Yes we are"
"Then we're awake, but we're very, very confused."

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Here. Take this shovel and put it to some good use.

Gentlemen, this bill will be a giant step forward in the treatment of the insane gambler.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
INCREDIBLE thread. The degree to which many people on this site wear social and political blinders never ceases to amaze.

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well hell,

Those of you offended by the banner really should spend a winter in the Northcountry......I've read the Bible, the Koran, the Mormon Bible, and several other "good books" and, although there was much good in each, not one produced enough light to make today have one second more daylight.....but day after tomorrow, we'll pick up one more minute of daylight regardless of which book you believe.
Get outside, appreciate, respect and give thanks for that you've been given by which ever God you choose to believe in.

Allen D, it's too bad that your stairway to heaven leads you away from so many good people.

To the real members of AR, and I know you won't be offended, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. I would be remiss, as an Alaskan, not to thank the Great Spirit for the Winter Solstice....you take sunlight for granted until you live up here.

Thank you Saeed and Don for the enjoyment you provide.

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Opinions are like a**holes..and looks like there are alot of both around hereSmiler Great place to chat by the way.

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
If you, Allan Day, ran from what you were afraid of, I have to think that that big buff would have had you spread over half of Africa. (Unless you shot it in a cage in Texas) Anyway...

December 21st is a day, just a day like any other, even December 25th... get it yet? for some it's a day of celebration. and for others it's not. By your statement you're saying you'd run, retreat, and hide from places people don't think like you. Well, guess what, this is a tiny planet and you're in the minority. White < 50%, Christian <50%, disposable income <50%, educated <50% the list can go on ad nausium...

My question is: To where are you going to run?

I started a thread on this topic too!

I guess YOU put the "RANT in intolerant...

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Collins:

Whereas your ad hominem attack and slur on Allen's hunting ethics is a "special" kind of tolerance, eh?

Participation in this forum is a voluntary action. The man merely stated he would cease participationg because he was offended by the new heading on the page. Not sure why that should be interpreted as "fear" of anything.

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
(Unless you shot it in a cage in Texas)

Or maybe a cage in the Frikken Great White North, NY. Asshole

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
There's a banner at the top of the page? Big Grin Huh, that's a new one, I just skip to the good stuff and start reading about hunting and shooting. Seems like that's what this board is all about anyway (political forum aside). Confused

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since the very beginning there has been a winter solstice that every sane human looking toward spring can celebrate.

Every single fucking religion in the world has tried to steal the solstice as its own proprietary holiday.

The very best hunters have always been the Pagans, who celebrate the solstice for what it is, not the made-up birthday of some little over-hyped ethnic fortune-teller.

Posts: 515 | Location: AZ | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's a banner at the top of the page? Huh, that's a new one, I just skip to the good stuff and start reading about hunting and shooting. Seems like that's what this board is all about anyway (political forum aside).

Amen!! Let's get back to guns and hunting...

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
Uh, am I missing something here... I thought it was funny.

That's how it hit me at first, then when the laughter subsided, I quaked in chuckles some more. Now that I see there is a serious side to the matter, I still feel that other people are entitled to their opinion regardless of my Pagan, or whatever beliefs. Go with God, which ever one suits you.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
To all of the great folks at AR:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive,
gender-neutral celebration of a holiday on or near the date of the winter solstice, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious and/or secular persuasion of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, inclusive of the choice to not engage in the practice of any religious or secular traditions.

May you have a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted Western calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose diverse contributions to society have helped make America great. [This statement made without implication that America is of relatively greater value than any other nation, country, kingdom, realm, emirate, sultanate, principality, or geo- political state of any kind, whether or not officially recognized by any other nation, country, kingdom, realm, emirate, sultanate, principality, or geo-political state, or that the United States of America is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, gender, physical ability, religious faith, sexual orientation or choice of computer platform of the wisher.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Pete

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas everyone Smiler

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mousegun
posted Hide Post
Dock that Chink a days pay fer nappin on the job!

Mornin', ma'am. And isn't it a lovely mornin'
Up yours nigger

Mongo like candy.

Dang that was lucky. Doggone near lost a four hundred dollar handcart.

God darnit Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

Hey, where the white women at

Sir, he specifically requested two "niggers". Well, to tell the family secret, my grandmother was Dutch.

How many times have I told you to wash your hands after a weekly cross burning?

Now if that don't beat all. Here we take the good time and trouble to slaughter every last Indian in the West, and for what? So we can appoint a sheriff that's blacker than any Indian. I AM depressed.

Qualifications?
Rape, murder, arson, and rape.
You said rape twice.
I like rape.

And how can we forget: BADGES...We dont need no steenking badges.

I think AD stood up for what he belives in. Not something you see a lot of anymore. Yeah, I know he's intolerant and insensitive and a biggot and probly worse than all that. But, he has his beliefs and dosent want to be associated with evil or satan. I have no problem with that, politically correct or not.

------------------------------------
Originally posted by BART185

I've had another member on this board post an aireal photograph of my neighborhood,post my wifes name,dig up old ads on GunsAmerica,call me out on everything that I posted. Hell,obmuteR told me to FIST MYSELF. But you are the biggest jackass that I've seen yet, on this board!
--------------------------------------

-Ratboy

Posts: 194 | Location: Copperhead Road | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I surely hope our Druid members don't take offense Sunday when we put up our Christmas banner.

Don

Well I sure expect to see a Happy Quanza Banner too. thumb

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My thanks to Don and Saeed - this is a really nice banner and funny as hell! beer

We'll celebrate Christmas in a few days, I am sure. Looking at the anger over this joke, I wonder if some idiot would end up protesting the Christmas banner when it is up on AR like some have the Eid one and this very obvious joke.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandView:
quote:

Whereas your ad hominem attack and slur on Allen's hunting ethics is a "special" kind of tolerance, eh?

Participation in this forum is a voluntary action. The man merely stated he would cease participationg because he was offended by the new heading on the page. Not sure why that should be interpreted as "fear" of anything.

GV

Nope... my point is that if you're brave enough to face a truly wild buff, people with a different view of the cosmos shouldn't frighten you...

Hence...

If if I say, "Happy Winter Solstice" an intelligent and brave man would be able to say "And to you" without having to run and hide under the cover of intolerance.

Happy hunting!
BTW mousegun the first black firefighter officer in "Great White North NY" lives across the street from me... My typical greeting to him is "Oh Boyyyyyssssss" to which he responds... "ways da white women at..." I buy him a beer every chance I get!

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh please don't leave, Allen. I just don't know how the forum will get along without your egotistical, arrogant, and "my shit don't stink" opinions. It's gonna be hard, and it's gonna be painfull, but we'll probably get over it eventually. Oh yeah, one more thing. Have someone explain to you the meaning of humility. If you listen real carefully you might eventually figure out what it means. Hope everything works out for you.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope... my point is that if you're brave enough to face a truly wild buff, people with a different view of the cosmos shouldn't frighten you...

Hence...

If if I say, "Happy Winter Solstice" an intelligent and brave man would be able to say "And to you" without having to run and hide under the cover of intolerance.

That's a remarkable leap in logic to infer "fear" and "intolerance" from the two statements that initiated this thread.

Your agenda is far more transparent than that which you infer upon Allen. However, you have lots of company.

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
Oh please don't leave, Allen. I just don't know how the forum will get along without your egotistical, arrogant, and "my shit don't stink" opinions. It's gonna be hard, and it's gonna be painfull, but we'll probably get over it eventually. Oh yeah, one more thing. Have someone explain to you the meaning of humility. If you listen real carefully you might eventually figure out what it means. Hope everything works out for you.

dont kick a guy on his way out...if you dissagree state your case...

p.s. where in cali are you...do you hunt boar?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
"We gaze up at the same stars, the sky covers us all, the same universe encompasses us. What does it matter what practical system we adopt in our search for the truth? Not by one avenue alone can we arrive at so tremendous a secret."

As told to Caesar in 384c.e. by Symmachus, a Pagan Senator who was promoting religious tolerance.

Later, when Rome fell the Pagans blamed the Christians for it, saying it was the Old Gods wrath for being disregarded.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen Day has just displayed how " precious " he is. How dare anyone disagree with him.
Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Does this spell the end for all the old assholes, that question your manhood for liking guns other than the M70?

I think not, but at least we've trimmed the herd.

Maybe we can cut some more fat and quit fighting between us. That would be nice, can we get rid of the damn bowhunters too?

jumping

Just kidding! Mostly!

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, all I have to say is that this should be HotCore's best Christmas present ever!

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
That would be nice, can we get rid of the damn bowhunters too?

Just kidding! Mostly!

Haaayyyyyy, watch it. Mad Wink

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
If that banner flew in the face of everything Mr. Day believed in wouldn't resigning from AR also fly in the face of those same beliefs??

If Mr. Day is a Christian and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ then were does he suppose we would be had Jesus resigned and turned away from everything that flew in the face of what he represented?? Hmmmmmm. Didn't he stand facing everything that flew at him and DISCUSSED IT IN AN OPEN FORUM for all who believed????

Mr. Day, Instead if resigning from what flies in the face of your beliefs why not stand for what you believe?????

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for Allen but it's easy to assume, like any one of us, he may have been half awake and not in the frame of mind to "get" the joke... on my computer his thread was made at 5:48 am. I know I've been there before and will probably be there again. It's hard to right the boat when you've jerked the rudder and that's an easy thing to do when you believe your values to be under assault, even if your assumption was erroneous. Allen's a good guy and it's chicken shit to pile drive a guy behind his back...

One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Hey Clem,

You ever see that movie "Escanaba in da Moonlight"?

It's about a hunting camp in the U.P.

My wife's from Michigan (Fenton), and she has a lot of family in the U.P. area.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Joke or not I say good riddance. World is too small to get your panties in a wrinkle over something stupid like this!

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JBabcock speaks the truth. Everyone is free to argue with it.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by boom stick:
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

I think I stated my case and opinion of his leaving pretty well.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brad, I didn't see anyone pile on behind his back, I thought it was here for all to see, even him. The only way it can be behind his back is if he turns it. And I kind of liked Allen. One must say, he is a man of his word. He hasn't been back.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Larry, you're picking nits... "behind his back" is a figure of speech. Small minded people love to take shots in situation's like this...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good job, Don & Saeed. I think AR is tops.

Posts: 367 | Location: WV | Registered: 06 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
Originally posted by boom stick:

[/QUOTE]

I think I stated my case and opinion of his leaving pretty well.[/QUOTE]

just seemed more sarcasm and judgement which you accuse him of...not realy taking the high road...to each his own and good hunting Wink

p.s. do you hunt boar?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Clem:

If Mr. Day is a Christian and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ then were does he suppose we would be had Jesus resigned and turned away from everything that flew in the face of what he represented?? Hmmmmmm. Didn't he stand facing everything that flew at him and DISCUSSED IT IN AN OPEN FORUM for all who believed????
QUOTE]

What's that, Clem? You mean Allen Day ISN'T Jesus Christ? I've been misled all this time!

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I have learned a lot from all of you here on AR but this has to be the most inane thread I have ever read. Some of you just need to sit back and take a deep breath. Now I don't have any more patience with American "political correctness" than many of you but this is just ridiculous. Merry Christmas dammit! Confused

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ben589:
Hey Clem,

You ever see that movie "Escanaba in da Moonlight"?

It's about a hunting camp in the U.P.

My wife's from Michigan (Fenton), and she has a lot of family in the U.P. area.

So are you a Yoopers fan too, ya hey dere?

U.P. or not, they have some of the funniest hunting and fishing songs around.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote