THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Hot Core's Elk Hunting Experience????????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hot Core's Elk Hunting Experience????????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
EekerGolly HC, I think you've pissed a few people off a time or two. digginroger
Hey Roger, When you point out a fool is a Lier, an idiot, a know-nothing, legend(only) in their own mind, or even an aleged scam artist, you would think they would be Thankful that someone took the time to straighten them out. rotflmo

But this bunch of scum doesn't even realize I'm only helping them(look like the worthless trash they are). rotflmo

Hot Core

If that is your answer to backing up what you have said on the forum re Elk and the challenge put out in this thread, then I think you may have missed out on 2 very important pieces of anatomy between your legs.

If you answer the questions - and back up what you say, most people on here and in this thread will say well done.

Don't back it up and you will continue to be ridiculed.

Now show everyone you have some bloody balls and stop pussying around like an old woman.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm still not sure of the gist of this thread.

The last time I went on an elk hunt, we pitched tents on the side of a mountain road a little over 8000ft, east of Missoula valley. There were 10 in our hunting party, including our guide. We were carrying everything from 30-06s, 7mmRemMags, 300WinMags, and 338WinMags, and drove up in 4x4s with great tires.

When one of the locals from Missoula came up to visit us, he was driving a '62 Chevy with bald tires and carried a 270Win.

If you guessed that our townie had killed more elk than everyone in our hunting party combined, you'd be correct.

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SST:
When one of the locals from Missoula came up to visit us, he was driving a '62 Chevy with bald tires and carried a 270Win.

If you guessed that our townie had killed more elk than everyone in our hunting party combined, you'd be correct.

A good friend of mine who is no longer with us killed a 350 BC bull with his 270 at 550 yards. There is no reason to doubt what a .270 Winchester can do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
I've often thought about how an AR member party would be. If everyone got to meet each other face to face. Probably be one for the books....

as it turns out, they are frequently nice as pie while facing you ...

The reason we are all here is that we have a common interest. I bet a lot of the animosity toward one another would disappear if we were all in a big convention room sipping some whisky (MM) and having conversation.

Sometimes the written word is taken wrong without the context of sight, sound, and inflection.

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:

The reason we are all here is that we have a common interest.

The reason I'm here is because of the common interest in the shooting and hunting sport.

Certainly I can't speak for everyone, since it seems the reason some are all here is because they are not all there. Wink

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you guys are asking Hot Bore for his elk hunting experiences.... you are assuming that he knows the difference between an Elk and a Farm Mule...

BOOM........ horse....... diggin

animal

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/B17G:
When you guys are asking Hot Bore for his elk hunting experiences.... you are assuming that he knows the difference between an Elk and a Farm Mule...

BOOM........ horse....... diggin

animal

LOL

Very good. Big Grin

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last year Hotsh*t went to Kentucky to tend to a sick relative. He was concerned about choosing a proper bullet for groundhogs as he didn't want any pass-throughs with all the high-priced race horses around. I wonder how high the pile of chucks was. Were any pics posted like this one I shot with my 22-250?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
During my 8 years of AR membership I learned several interesting things from HC posts. Nevertheless, he often proved to be a (very) haughty, aggressive and sarcastic character, thus diminishing his worth; therefore, since a couple of years, I sometimes avoid to read his posts. I'm not surprised at all that several members took a strong dislike to him. Furthermore, those members' objections seem to be mostly reasonable, while HC defence is questionable.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kabluewy:
quote:

The reason we are all here is that we have a common interest.

The reason I'm here is because of the common interest in the shooting and hunting sport.

Certainly I can't speak for everyone, since it seems the reason some are all here is because they are not all there. Wink

KB

Nice....

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
I suppose I hadn't paid attention, and didn't know that HC had pissed so many off. There are a lot of posts that I just ignore, but I found it amuzing that he and teancum had a "thing" going. It would be a shame should HC runn oft, since he did such a good job tormenting teancum. Wink http://www.urbandictionary.com...p?term=r-u-n-n-o-f-t

KB

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
...It would be a shame should HC runn oft, since he did such a good job tormenting teancum. Wink...
That would be teenScum, resident Board Lier(and of course his pitiful and pathetic[Legends-in-their-own-minds] band of stooges). And don't forget the Alleged Scam Artist - seafire.

270Win for Elk??? jumping

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Uhh - oops - no worry, I'm taking lessons on the moon walk in an effort to backtrack. Roll Eyes Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...4sd8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_FzgtLVzbI

KB

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
...It would be a shame should HC runn oft, since he did such a good job tormenting teancum. Wink...
That would be teenScum, resident Board Lier(and of course his pitiful and pathetic[Legends-in-their-own-minds] band of stooges). And don't forget the Alleged Scam Artist - seafire.

Hotsh#t ye olde sumbi$ch

How the heck are you??? Long time no hear!!!

We were all worried about you there for a while as you didn't seem to want to respond to my questions about your elk hunting (LOOKIN' for you)experiences. With the help of other posters on this thread the question total is now up to 8.

Go ahead and elucidate us on your elk hunting/killing experience as asked. There are 1976 views waiting to hear form you on your experience in the elk hunting pursuits that you've had. Just answer the questions as asked and then we will know from what background or experience you are talking from. You can do it and please know that we're all behind you here on this thread. Well maybe one or two are behind you. animal

Wait a second................ you have killed some elk haven't you??????? bsflag

Respectfully yours,

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
quote:
quote:

Hotsh#t ye olde sumbi$ch

How the heck are you??? Long time no hear!!!

We were all worried about you there for a while as you didn't seem to want to respond to my questions about your elk hunting (LOOKIN' for you)experiences. With the help of other posters on this thread the question total is now up to 8.

Go ahead and elucidate us on your elk hunting/killing experience as asked. There are 1976 views waiting to hear form you on your experience in the elk hunting pursuits that you've had. Just answer the questions as asked and then we will know from what background or experience you are talking from. You can do it and please know that we're all behind you here on this thread. Well maybe one or two are behind you. animal

Wait a second................ you have killed some elk haven't you??????? bsflag
Respectfully yours,

Oooohh, low blow. animal animal

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like this pissers contest will go on forever. So I'll just grab a beer and popcorn and watch. Big Grin

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
Looks to me like this pissers contest will go on forever. So I'll just grab a beer and popcorn and watch. Big Grin

That's half the fun - sitting back and watching ......

to see if HOT Core has any BALLS to answer the original question.

I somehow doubt it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
...to see if HOT Core has any BALLS to answer the original question. ...
rotflmo Dumber than a box of teenScums. It's already been answered in a previous thread you fool.

Nope - I've not shot ANY Elk with a 270Win and never will. Only a person that has no knowledge about Ballistics and Elk anatomy would even consider such stupidity.

Same as the dolts using 22cal on Deer - totally clueless.
-----

Hang in there RamRod. tu2 flame

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As, I have posted before, some of the most experienced and successful hunters I have known in my 45+ years of BC hunting shot many bull Elk with .270Win. rifles, primarily P-64 Mod. 70s. The last Elk I witnessed killed was with a .30-06 and I was about 5 minutes behind the guy who got it, a VERY nice 6x6, in Sept., 2006. ONE lung shot did the job as it usually does.

I have shot Elk and seen them shot to a total of several dozen and, I will be packing my P-64 Fwt. in .270Win. with 150NPs at 2900 this new season in the area of BC where I was born. It has a solid bottom Micky Edge "handle", Brockman "peep and post", Talleys and a Zeiss Conquest 3x9 and I have TOTAL confidence in this combo where quickly droppping one of our legal 6pts is concerned.

Maybe Elk in other places are tougher than in BC and Alberta, but, after considerable field experience with them, I know that a .270Win and appropriate bullet is a fine choice for hunting them.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only a person that has no knowledge about Ballistics and Elk anatomy would even consider such stupidity.

-----

which covers about 90% of all caribu shot .. the inuits are kinda fond of the mini14 for bo hunting .. i reckon ignoreance is bless..

and I too have not shot many thousand of elk with a 270 ... or 22 ..

In fact, none at all, though that will probably change...

so, hotsore, how many elk have you killed with ANY firearm, including those arse shot lefty?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38487 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Only a person that has no knowledge about Ballistics and Elk anatomy would even consider such stupidity.

-----

which covers about 90% of all caribu shot .. the inuits are kinda fond of the mini14 for bo hunting .. i reckon ignoreance is bless..

so, hotsore, how many elk have you killed with ANY firearm, including those arse shot lefty?

I do believe that was the original question tu2

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwp475:
quote:
quote:

-----

I do believe that was the original question tu2

Thanks jwp475 that was the original question.

Hey Hotsh#t Ye old butt shooter good to finally hear from you and you almost answered the original questions about your elk hunting experience. But you tried to pull an Obama on us with your answer of "Nope - I've not shot ANY Elk with a 270Win and never will." You sly old dog, you thought that was an answer that would suffice but you are dodging the issue, you stinker. Let me post the original questions again so that you can directly answer them. We're all anxious to know the experience that you have to support your comments. Here you go....

Hotsh#t

Ye olde sum b####

Perhaps a better question for you would be:

1. How many elk have you killed???

2. How many elk have you "LOOKED AT"???

3. How many elk have you seen killed???

4. Do you still use those Blue Dot loads in your Model 70 for elk hunting???

There you go that should be easier for you now. Go ahead and inform us of your elk hunting background, we know that you can do it and there are many here on the forum pulling for you...............Wait a second I think there are only 3 on the forum pulling for you!!!!!!!

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Just one question: How many lives would one have to live to shoot 1,000 elk -- legally?? Confused

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
legally? in texas? its more a question of money! Only a couple far west counties have elk season, and 99.9% of elk in texas are livestock, not native game.

However, hotsore claims to have shot MANY THOUSANDS of deer, in S. Carolina ... on depredation he says ...

Well, he didn't say he killed or recovered that many .. i guess cabella's big game hunter on the PC must "count" for some of those many thousands ...

oh, lets NOT raise the P P P P P P word!

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
heck, i haven't even killed "many HUNDREDS" of boars, rabbitts, birds, deer, or turkeys COMBINDED ..

snakes, well, that's probably a different story!

I doubt i've killed "many thousands" of skeeters .. undoubtably millions of ants, though...

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
heck, i haven't even killed "many HUNDREDS" of boars, rabbitts, birds, deer, or turkeys COMBINDED ..

snakes, well, that's probably a different story!

I doubt i've killed "many thousands" of skeeters .. undoubtably millions of ants, though...

You really need to get out more jeffe.

Perhaps a trip to Argentina will raise your totals!

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
R,
funny thing is, i don't like shooting doves .. could be that i am only fair are it .. but largest part is I don't like to eat them .. and if I don't eat them, they have to be a pest for me to shoot them ...

i could down for a buffalo, boar and red stag hunt!

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I actually killed over 2000 doves in a week. Did have to go to Bolivia to do it and ice the shoulder down in the evening. We kept less than 50 but the locals loved them. All my big game in total might make 50 that is only do to several years of hog control on the deer lease.

Good think my wife's elk and Oryx can't read because they would have probably walked off from her 7x57 with the little 140gr bullets. Instead she has 3 elk (if my memory is working) and one Oryx with 4 shots.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, sshhhhh....! quiet! You don't need a week to kill 2000.

1000 in the morning and 1000 in the evening in Argentina.

If you shoot a Browning auto, no shoulder problems!

We only ate them a couple of times. The food is absolutely first rate! I eat more here and have a great recipe if you're interested...

Thousands of rabbits, p-dogs, doves, pigeons, ducks, geese...yes

Thousands of Big Game animals? I don't think I have the stomach for it. 2 or 3 a year would be great!

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I actually killed over 2000 doves in a week.

I called it a week. Actually 3 evenings shooting. 2 nights layoff 4 days then a 3rd night. Other 4 days we were fishing for Peacock Bass.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You do have to lay off.

I don't think I could have taken 3 straight days of that hot shooting without really taking it easy and choosing my shots. It was my first trip and when you see all those targets, you just can't help loading and shooting as much and as fast as you can!

Hey jeffe!
The doves ARE pests down there, destroying crops at a high rate.

Sorry for the interruption....I'll sit back and watch you guys continue to go at it! coffee popcorn

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey R & RamRod, What are you two doing? This is supposed to be about the stupidest fools on the Board giving "me" a hard time because I called them on their ignorance. rotflmo

Here you all go talking about actually Killing thousands of Doves and now they are apt to give you all a hard time. Hang in there! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey R & RamRod, What are you two doing? This is supposed to be about the stupidest fools on the Board giving "me" a hard time because I called them on their ignorance. rotflmo

Here you all go talking about actually Killing thousands of Doves and now they are apt to give you all a hard time. Hang in there! Big Grin

Hot core

This thread is about YOU proving that you have shot whatever you said you have shot in regards to Elk.

Stop deflecting the discussion and answer the question.

And people do shoot thousands of doves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey HC!

Tell 'em to bring it on!

You should probably have some of these so they don't have a leg to stand on!............

And another guy documenting it so you can make 'em look bad!.............

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Here's the result last time HotCore and I went dove shooting....

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
Winston Churchill

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
Winston Churchill

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why do you even waste time on HotCore. I have been aware of him for years and most times I just skip over his posts because they are either garbage or just plain wrong.

That he makes outlandish claims should come as no surprise. Its his nature.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That about says it all and is the simple truth.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vapodog:
Here's the result last time HotCore and I went dove shooting....

Way to be vapo and HC!

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Way to be vapo and HC!

You should have seen the pile of deer!... dancing

Winston Churchill