THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Hot Core's Elk Hunting Experience????????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hot Core's Elk Hunting Experience????????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Hey Jerry, I'm sure glad you are sticking around in this thread. It gives me a chance to ask a real Elk Killing Expert about your vast experience with using the 270Win on them.

How many have you Killed that meet all these requirements at the same time:
1. That only took one shot from your 270Win(mo other shooters Killing it for you)
2. That you recovered the same day you took that one shot
3. That was more than 900 pounds
4. That had legal Antlers

******************************************************************************************

Hotsh#t

Ye olde sum b####

Perhaps a better question for you would be:

1. How many elk have you killed???

2. How many elk have you "LOOKED AT"???

3. How many elk have you seen killed???

4. Do you still use those Blue Dot loads in your Model 70 for elk hunting???

**************************************************************************************

Hotsh#t my dearest hunting buddy, aka the slayer of "thousands", Ye ole butt shooter, and the Blue dot Boy

You must be on vacation because you haven't answered any of MY questions on your elk hunting experience. That makes me wonder about your experience in the elk hunting area other than "LOOKIN".

Is it possible that you haven't taken ANY elk of ANY SIZE??? Please tell me this isn't so. For to do so would invalidate all your bullsh#t on elk hunting and disclose the liar that you are. Do you think it's possible that since you haven't kill ANY Elk of ANY SIZE that you could be fibbing on those thousands of deer kills?????? We both know we don't want that to happen. Perhaps you have misplaced your hunting log with the numerous elk kills in it. Pray tell what a tragedy that would be and I hope that isn't so.

Kindly note your experience in the elk hunting area, as requested, to support your theories that you are the suppository of all knowledge relating to elk hunting. Many of us on this board are waiting anxiously for the diarrhea of knowledge that would gush forth from such a revelation.

Respectfully yours.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't hold your breath.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Hotcore:

"In fact there are Elk in the North Eastern corner of the Carolinas - BIGG'UNS at that."

"Re-introduction in this area has been a HUGE success."

Fact: The Elk herd in NC is in Northwestern NC, not Northeastern. As of 2009 the whole herd topped a whopping 110 animals. 52 were introduced in 2001, so that means they have roughly doubled in 8 years. It is illegal to get within 50 yds or even disturb them from any distance let alone shoot them. If Hotcore has seen many Elk in NC it had to be from making hundreds of drives through the park and counting the same ones multiple times!.

http://www.ncelk.org/herd.htm

Northeastern NC is coastal plain topography with swamps and tidal estuaries.

"Having used a 7mmRemMag probably longer than you have been alive, and having looked at many Elk up close, that is how I based my post. I do not believe in using an Inadequate Cartridge on any Game. It speaks poorly for the person's understanding of their anatomy and tenacity for life."

So basically he is saying he has never shot a .270 and has never actually killed an Elk, just "looked at them". Yet he feels his 7mm Mag which is a massive .007 larger in diameter, and a blistering 150 fps faster with similar weight bullets, is an Elk slayer and the .270 is totally inadequate. Hmmmmmm.

The late Frank Barnes said of the .270 Win in the 6th Edition of Cartridges of the World, 1989: "Some disagree, but current evidence forces the conclusion that the .270 is adequate for any North American big game and many African plains animals as well. Assuming the hunter uses the proper bullet weight and type for the job at hand, the .270 will deliver reliable performance."

I agree that knowing the animals anatomy is important. But as many have noted, if you put the bullet in the "wheel house" said beast will die. That is true of any round fired.

Posts: 3682 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
shot whilest sitting, left handed, in the rump, whilest a guy that moved "too fast for a second shot" and the animal bawls from pain, shoots the elk in the ear with a 25 acp ..

thousands of times!
MANY thousands of times...

you go, lefty.. trust me, you are a legend in your own mind ...

say, just for clarity, who got "credit" for the deer-ear-shot-with-a-25-acp? the guyshooting wonder or the guy that put the animal down?

I seem to recall words to the effect of the HUMANE and ETHICAL hunter got run-off ..

strange world...

many THOUSAND deer...

laughing stock of AR .. right there with hollywood

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38487 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:

Respectfully yours.

Yea, right. Since when? Wink popcorn

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The silence is deafening. rotflmo

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Must be summer, the hot weather pissing matches have begun. popcorn

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob in TX:
Must be summer, the hot weather pissing matches have begun. popcorn

Getting almost as bad as the Political Forum. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Truth be told, I've never seen a pic of a rifle, a target, or even a groundhog that Hotsh*t claims, much less a deer or elk. Just bold talk.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't care about pictures, one way or the other and have very few of my own after decades in BC-Alberta and into the "Territories". I tend to take other men at their word as real bushmen are scrupulously honest, IME, and do not concern myself with issues of who shot what, when.

There are a FEW posers on every forum that I have spent time on and these can usually be recognized by huge numbers of posts per annum and a never-failing tendency to viciously attack and denigrate other posters, whom they do not know and have never met.

From what I have seen here, HC is one of the worst in this respect and he has attacked people here for no other reason than to gratify his own nasty temper. He ponificates on matters such as rifle make and cartridge-bullet choice for game and under conditions which he has zero experience of and then, if another dares to disagree, he attacks and spews nasty personal slurs.....like a 13 yr. old girl.

Best to just ignore him and not waste time with his opinion on "Elk" cartridges or the fine .270Win., a most useful Elk round as I have witnessed in probably a dozen kills with it. My .338WMs DO make a bigger hole, but, my .270-150NPs kill perfectly well and quite a number of the most successful BC Elk hunters I have known preferred and used this round, due to the light rifles and moderate recoil.

So, let HC live with his foul temper and fantasies and move on, that is what I think.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
You know since I was the subject of Ol Hotcore's wrath, I am glad to see this continuing. Teancum, I am sure has it right. When I answered Hot's qualification of an elk I had shot, he had nothing to say at all, however, quite besides the point. When someone, anyone, starts knocking an excellent successful cartridge, regardless of caliber, they most likely lack the experience necessary to do so.

Get um Teancum, you're right on!

Jerry

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortuneately TEANCUM was a little short sighted as he forgot to list several very important questions for HC;

5. Does CHE increase with the size of the elk?

6. Does the number of antler points increase CHE?

7. If an antlerless elk does that decrease CHE?

8. How many "one shot" shot elk does it take before you get a meaningful CHE sample?

Etc. ad nauseum.......

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Gibson:
Unfortuneately TEANCUM was a little short sighted as he forgot to list several very important questions for HC;

5. Does CHE increase with the size of the elk?

6. Does the number of antler points increase CHE?

7. If an antlerless elk does that decrease CHE?

8. How many "one shot" shot elk does it take before you get a meaningful CHE sample?

Etc. ad nauseum.......

Larry Gibson

Larry

Point well taken. How careless of me to overlook those additional points. Thanks for bringing those points to my attention.

I am spending anxious moments waiting for Hotsh#t's responses to, now, the list of 8 points that would quantify his experiences with the elk, other than "LOOKIN"

Quite a while ago when I first found this forum I was posting away on some subject here when Hotsh#t jump my butt about a post with a vile remark or two. Not being one to run from a scrap it's been fun to turn the hose on the old Hotsh#t and see how well he responds. Most of the time he will slink off and not post for a while hoping the flare up will pass. Perhaps we can do our best to keep this thread fresh to offer him the chance to put up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I still want to see that 900 lb Elk! Must be full of non-lethal hits with a 270. My biggest one was maybe, MAYBE 700lbs live weight.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Quite a while ago when I first found this forum I was posting away on some subject here when Hotsh#t jump my butt about a post with a vile remark or two. Not being one to run from a scrap it's been fun to turn the hose on the old Hotsh#t and see how well he responds. Most of the time he will slink off and not post for a while hoping the flare up will pass. Perhaps we can do our best to keep this thread fresh to offer his the chance to put up.

A sure sign of a BS Artist is if they don't back up what they say.

Even though it can get a bit "hot" on here, from myself included, if you
know what you are talking about people accept that you have a different
view / opinion, but "hot" doesn't even describe it if you crap on.

I look forward to his reply !!!

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, (and I use the term loosely)

I usually don't get involved in these pissing match threads but I would appreciate if you would not take your pissing matches into other threads that don't involve it. Please don't chase people around the forums ruining other threads for your own gratification.

Thanks,

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12545 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

I usually don't get involved in these pissing match threads but I would appreciate if you would not take your pissing matches into other threads that don't involve it. Please don't chase people around the forums ruining other threads for your own gratification.

Thanks,

Frank

Perhaps your appreciations would be better direct to Hot Core.

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks,

+2

Please keep it here, at least I can avoid it and it may not run off some of AR's new posters who may not have the same amount of scar tissue built up and who won't understand the depths of acrimony, whether justified or not.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Once again Jeff, and read this thread's title if you missed it, this isn't about YOU.

We're all waiting for Hotsh*t's response. And we know he's been around cause he's posted on other threads in the interim. Perhaps he's busy PMing all his sycophants as to how to get his story straight.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sticking to the topic. You are not.

EDIT: FYI, if this post seems incongruous it's cause Jeff removed his babbling, smart aleck post that used to be between my two.

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
Hey Hotsh#t

Seems like your not big into answering questions. Go ahead illuminate us with your elk hunting experience beyond lookin'.

Respectfully yours,

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
Somebody tell me how to post a picture on this site. While the Big elk in question, was shot in 1995. I do have the antlers on the wall in my den. I'd be happy to take a photo, and put it here for you to see. The weight, by the way, was estimated by the boys at the meat locker, based on their vast experience.In Springerville Arizona, they see a lot of Huge elk, every year.

Jerry

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Hotsh#t

Seems like your not big into answering questions. Go ahead illuminate us with your elk hunting experience beyond lookin'.

Respectfully yours,

Don't they call it selective amnesia?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to see HOT Bore is still dodging the branding iron of truth......

and Glad to See Teancum is still calling the ol Boy on his BS...

Must be hard for HotBore to keep up his "pompous ass" 'expert' status...in the crowd where it is easily to dispel his outlandish claims....

and NE North Carolina only has an Elk herd of 110 animals...Hot Bore has shot thousands of those also...

BOOM........ horse

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, he well deserves to be "outed" for his vicious and uncalled for attacks on other posters. I guess "what goes around, comes around, " eh.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods:
quote:

Thanks,

+2

Please keep it here, at least I can avoid it and it may not run off some of AR's new posters who may not have the same amount of scar tissue built up and who won't understand the depths of acrimony, whether justified or not.

Spot on.

It's aggravating to have some interest in a topic and follow a thread only to have it spoiled by posters who have nothing to add except pointed words for another poster.

I find it strange that members who have some dislike for each other obviously enable the "notify me when so-and-so posts" tab simply to jump in and beat up on each other. Talk about having too much idle time... Weird.

I've often thought about how an AR member party would be. If everyone got to meet each other face to face. Probably be one for the books....

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
This post is entitled Hot Core's Elk Hunting experience, is it not. You guys that are offended, don't open the thread. You have a choice, and for all you know we are gentelmen, who take exception at demeaning comments, about man, beast, or cartridge!

Jerry

One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Eden:
This post is entitled Hot Core's Elk Hunting experience, is it not. You guys that are offended, don't open the thread. You have a choice, and for all you know we are gentelmen, who take exception at demeaning comments, about man, beast, or cartridge!

Jerry

Think of it as a roast. Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
I've often thought about how an AR member party would be. If everyone got to meet each other face to face. Probably be one for the books....

as it turns out, they are frequently nice as pie while facing you ...

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Eden:

Jerry

Jerry

It's better in a thread of it's own instead of messing up multiple other threads.

You just have to see the Bullet testing threads which became very confused / agressive etc to se how it can mangle them from the original topic.

And anyway, too many trolls, arm chair experts and internet regurgitators of internet myths etc on forums (just see some of the crap regurgitated in the DR forum) that I have no problem with posters being asked to justify claims, info in posts etc etc and generally back up what they say anonimously.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
EekerGolly HC, I think you've pissed a few people off a time or two. digginroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
You just have to see the Bullet testing threads which became very confused / agressive etc to se how it can mangle them from the original topic.

Come on 500N, I even found a Woodleigh bullet I like and promised you I would use Woodleighs in Australia Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
quote:

Come on 500N, I even found a Woodleigh bullet I like and promised you I would use Woodleighs in Australia Big Grin

LOL - I want to be there for that to get a photo !!!

Jesus, I think the Pope has just become a Muslim, 45-70 has become an accepted Dangerous Game Cartridge out of a Lever Action and
No more arguments will happen on AR again Big Grin

Shit, I just woke up and reality dawned !!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
EekerGolly HC, I think you've pissed a few people off a time or two. digginroger
Hey Roger, When you point out a fool is a Lier, an idiot, a know-nothing, legend(only) in their own mind, or even an aleged scam artist, you would think they would be Thankful that someone took the time to straighten them out. rotflmo

But this bunch of scum doesn't even realize I'm only helping them(look like the worthless trash they are). rotflmo

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
The nice thing about being delusional is you get to make up your own facts and reality.

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10058 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

Hey Roger, you would think they would be Thankful that someone took the time to straighten them out.

But this bunch of scum doesn't even realize I'm only helping them

This reminds me of the famous line from Cool Hand Luke: "What we've got here is a failure to communicate." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_aVuS7cOIQ

Obviously Roll Eyes this could all be cleared up by expressing our gratitude to HC for his altruistic efforts to straighted us out.

Let me be the first. Thank you HC, life is better now.

KB

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
The nice thing about being delusional is you get to make up your own facts and reality.

Mike,
You are SO right .. and you get to confirm them, too!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Still waiting for the first shred of proof of those many THOUSAND of deers you've culled, Hot core .. Really, man, you are the guy that said MANY THOUSAND .. i still get a chuckle from the idiocy of that statement .. its nearly as lackwit as someone that's never FIRED a bigbore giving advice on them

Here is your evidence - I Killed them. thumb animal

And I've shot plenty of Big Bores,

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Hotsh#t

Respectfully yours,

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hey Roger, When you point out a fool is a Lier, an idiot, a know-nothing, legend(only) in their own mind, or even an aleged scam artist, you would think they would be Thankful that someone took the time to straighten them out. rotflmo

But this bunch of scum doesn't even realize I'm only helping them(look like the worthless trash they are). rotflmo

But let's get back to your elk hunting experiences, shall we? I'm sure someone could use your help.

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
I agree with onefunzr2. Lets here of your experience with elk hunting.

You know Tencum and I live in elk country,that is know for large elk, and you? Lets cut the bullshit and post your experienc and pictures. Oh by the way are you the jack off who mentioned 1,000's of deer killed in your experience? Let me translate that number: if you killed 10 deer a year, it would take 100 years to kill um all, maybe you are smoking peote' or something.

Jerry wave pissers middlefinger