Tools

Rock Bottom For Boddington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Where is Craig???

According to Craig's FaceBooks posts, he and his wife are in Alaska on a double bear hunt. I wonder how far putting those hunts on hold would have gone toward funding that $9,000 website?

Tell me again why I was supposed to contribute to his "internet storefront" so that he could sell me other things? Oh yea, I was going to get a dirty T-Shirt, a picture of Craig in a "Classic Grip and Grin" pose with a recently deceased trophy animal, and the holy grail of having my picture posted on his "wall".

Where's my checkbook! 2020

Pretty weak really. For example; I told Buzz I would gladly wear his mankini all the way home if I connect on an 80 pound jumbo. (one side). Now that is valuable man sweat there. Let's see CB beat that.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
LOL...a guy is trying to sell something you aren't interested in buying...who really cares....just don't buy it and move on. Some people may be interested in buying and the seller makes some money.....that capitalism at its finest. There is stuff all over the internet you likely aren't interested in.....life is like that. I'm sure CB is laughing all the way to Alaska regarding all the attention that is being showered on him here. At the end of the day his product is himself and you are all lapping it up. It astounds me why anyone really cares what he is selling. People's fascination with celebrities borders on the absurd sometimes.

Yep! Just lapping up the "Hero Worship"!! Just lapping it up!! Wink

I do hope Craig is "laughing all the way to Alaska". The rest of us surely are!!! animal animal animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, I don't remember seeing where ANYONE told you to contribute to anything and surely no one told you to contribute to this forum, you just took that on your own, eh.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Hero worship . . . how unbecoming.

Mike

Posts: 21697 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Where's Craig?

Rightfully staying away...

Do you blame him? AR scared him away once, why would he come back now?

For what it's worth, I don't blame him for leaving. Nobody likes being heckled by the drunk guy in the back row. Which, is essentially what happened to him.

Wendell,
Asked -Do you blame him? Well yes and no.

I, like others, would welcome CB to comment here. Think he need's to offer his explanation and explan what when on with CE. It would/should offer some closer to this thread. However, others, as Weddell is assuming would use it as a opportunity for more attacks.

CB needs to weigh one agaisnt the other. But I hope we hear from him.

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One short question Wht does CB owe anything to anyone here?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
So DOJ,

What you are really saying is that since my opinion interferes with your little Man Crush I can't comment, eh?

Fat chance Pal!!

Listen, I have zero problem with capitalism. I'm for it 100%!! Always have been. Go back and read my posts concerning the entire disclosure issue. I say it's no ones business. Buy what suits you. That's not the thing here.

Specifically CB, through his emissary, comes on a public forum, FaceBook, hat in hand, begging for money to build his store front in order to sell his wares, then takes off on a double hunt that easily exceeds the amount requested.

Here's the deal Ed. I've purchased many of Craig's books. I can just about guarantee that I'll purchase more of his books as well going forward as I like his stories. But the legitimate thing to do from a business standpoint is to use profits from past and current sales to further build the business, possibly sacrificing a hunt if that gets the project funded, and start the website.

I just find it a bit cheesy to be soliciting funds for a website to sell his own items while at the very same time spending in excess of that amount enjoying a double bear hunt in Alaska. Oh the irony!!

faint

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So DOJ,

What you are really saying is that since my opinion interferes with your little Man Crush I can't comment, eh?

Fat chance Pal!!

Listen, I have zero problem with capitalism. I'm for it 100%!! Always have been. Go back and read my posts concerning the entire disclosure issue. I say it's no ones business. Buy what suits you. That's not the thing here.

Specifically CB, through his emissary, comes on a public forum, FaceBook, hat in hand, begging for money to build his store front in order to sell his wares, then takes off on a double hunt that easily exceeds the amount requested.

Here's the deal Ed. I've purchased many of Craig's books. I can just about guarantee that I'll purchase more of his books as well going forward as I like his stories. But the legitimate thing to do from a business standpoint is to use profits from past and current sales to further build the business, possibly sacrificing a hunt if that gets the project funded, and start the website.

I just find it a bit cheesy to be soliciting funds for a website to sell his own items while at the very same time spending in excess of that amount enjoying a double bear hunt in Alaska. Oh the irony!!

faint

So my plan to ask for contributions to cover my office overhead while elephant hunting is DOA?

Just askin....

Jeff

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:

So my plan to ask for contributions to cover my office overhead while elephant hunting is DOA?

Just askin....

Jeff

animal yuck animal

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
One short question Wht does CB owe anything to anyone here?

He owes nothing, absolutely nothing.

Not everyone in the hunting industry drops everything for a "Summons to appear before the AR Court"

Wanting an explanation and expecting one are two vastly different things. I'd rather be Bear hunting too.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those that have taken part in a spring Brown Bear or Grizzly hunt in Alaska know it may not be a walk in the park. If it is anything like I endured the last thing Mr. Boddington will be interested in is getting online at the end of the day and debating this stuff. More like a hot meal and then your head on a pillow.
For those that find his social media posts in bad taste. Just do not go to his site.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where is Craig???

According to Craig's FaceBooks posts, he and his wife are in Alaska on a double bear hunt. I wonder how far putting those hunts on hold would have gone toward funding that $9,000 website?

Tell me again why I was supposed to contribute to his "internet storefront" so that he could sell me other things? Oh yea, I was going to get a dirty T-Shirt, a picture of Craig in a "Classic Grip and Grin" pose with a recently deceased trophy animal, and the holy grail of having my picture posted on his "wall".

Where's my checkbook! 2020

The next tender will be Mark Sullivan underpens !
There will be a lot of people bidding just to have his " balls" !

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
This is on Game Trails Online but as it's relevant to what this discussion has become, I thought I'd post in full.

Let me know what y'all think.

Roosevelt got the newspapers to pay for his.
Hemingway basically stole borrowed money from his in-laws.
Ruark actually paid for his…you know…Ruark’s a bad example. Let’s get back to the first two.
Safaris have always been expensive.
And for the journalists that write about them firsthand creative means of finance have been par for the course for more than 100 years.
The latest method of financing for these professionals comes via Kickstarter.
Kickstarter is a Website that helps fund projects. Since their launch in 2009, more than 4 million people have pledged over $611 million, funding more than 41,000 creative projects. Most of these have nothing to do with hunting or fishing but that’s slowly changing.
The latest outdoor journalist to attempt to “Kick Start” his time afield is Cameron Bell. He’s looking for financing to help fund his new film Hunting a Prehistoric Monster -- a Texas Documentary. The film will cover his exploration for the state’s biggest alligator – and from what he’s told me, he knows where some big ones are!
Check out his film work and campaign by clicking here!

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
For those that find his social media posts in bad taste. Just do not go to his site.

Good advice. Just like "for those who don't approve of posts here on AR portraying a certain point of view, concerning something that was presented on a public forum, FaceBook, don't read them"!!

animal jumping animal

hammering

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:

Good advice. Just like "for those who don't approve of posts here on AR portraying a certain point of view, concerning something that was presented on a public forum, FaceBook, don't read them"!!

animal jumping animal

hammering

Todd,

Not bad advice! I might get some of my dreaded paper work done.

Jeff

one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:

He owes nothing, absolutely nothing.

Not everyone in the hunting industry drops everything for a "Summons to appear before the AR Court"

Wanting an explanation and expecting one are two vastly different things. .....

No Wendell, He certainly doesn't owe me an explanation! And I not sure I even want one.

My post above was more a tongue-in-cheek message to CB. So since it when whooosh right over your and Die Ou Jagter's head I'll spell it out:

Knowing how AR works and having read the criticism, I believe CB should post, explain what he wants and give the attackers a shot at him - This is the "closure" I mentioned. Because if he don't there are those here that will never let him hear the end of it. Plus I see others that I respect here that I'm reading that have a lot of respect for Craig Boddington. Think they would like to hear his side.

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing stuff here. 1) I actually agree with Crazy; 2) Craig would be crazy to come onto this thread on a bet; and 3) Shakari and Saeed -- any sweaty shirts/hats to sell?

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been following this thread for 11 pages, and I am astonished at the personal criticism of Craig Boddington, who singlehandedly has done more to protect and enhance hunting opportunities than all others combined here on this site.

I don't want to claim to know Craig well, but I do know him, and I trust in his ethics as both a hunter and a fellow military officer. We have discussed closely many controversial issues, many of which are near and dear to your hearts regarding 2nd Amendments issues.

Craig is doing everything he can to look out for all of us. And you several want to stab at him like you would stab at an anti-gun proponent.

Damn shame on you. In fact, f-ck you. You are willing to sacrifice your own children when it benefits you.

I really thought this was the one site where I could learn and gain knowledge from the best in the world. In fact, it was Craig Boddington who introduced me to this site.

It now appears there are too many people just hanging out here to find fault in anything and everything.

And why should you blame Craig for not responding to this? He has already been convicted in the court of AR personal destruction.

Craig Boddington will survive and will go down in history as one of the great writers and hunters of all time.

I am very distraught by the negative posts by many who I formerly thought to be quality men. The computer has made it so much easier to be an unassigned responsible editor in real issues.
I try to remember that with every word I type and every line I post.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
I have been following this thread for 11 pages, and I am astonished at the personal criticism of Craig Boddington, who singlehandedly has done more to protect and enhance hunting opportunities than all others combined here on this site.

I don't want to claim to know Craig well, but I do know him, and I trust in his ethics as both a hunter and a fellow military officer. We have discussed closely many controversial issues, many of which are near and dear to your hearts regarding 2nd Amendments issues.

Craig is doing everything he can to look out for all of us. And you several want to stab at him like you would stab at an anti-gun proponent.

Damn shame on you. In fact, f-ck you. You are willing to sacrifice your own children when it benefits you.

I really thought this was the one site where I could learn and gain knowledge from the best in the world. In fact, it was Craig Boddington who introduced me to this site.

It now appears there are too many people just hanging out here to find fault in anything and everything.

And why should you blame Craig for not responding to this? He has already been convicted in the court of AR personal destruction.

Craig Boddington will survive and will go down in history as one of the great writers and hunters of all time.

I am very distraught by the negative posts by many who I formerly thought to be quality men. The computer has made it so much easier to be an unassigned responsible editor in real issues.
I try to remember that with every word I type and every line I post.

Right On !!! Thank you very much.
beer

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Don't give upon this place. There area lot of good folks on here that have a lot of knowledge to share. Unfortunately like all such sites there are those that, just like our Presidential elections feel the need to hold people such as Mr. Boddington to some self ordained "Higher Standard".

You don't need this place, I don't need this place, Craig Boddington certainly does not need this place, but no one needs to let those that expound an over abundance of pious, self-righteousness, force them off here simply because they do not subscribe to those individuals "standards".

Everyone, regardless of their station in life has the right to make their own decisions as to how they choose to live their life. They will be the one to answer for their choices, good or bad. None of us on here owe anyone else on this site an explanation of any kind concerning the choices we make in our life.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:
So DOJ,

Fat chance Pal!!

faint

Just askin....

Jeff

If your followers believe in you why not? I guarantee there are plenty of crooked attorney's, doctors, wall street hedge funds, and middle eastern oil barrons that fund exotic hunts all over the world by taking advantage (screwing) of others. If you dont believe me check with your accountant.

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

We need to keep touch with reality here.

When Craig's daughter had that accident with her tracker, many members of AR contributed quite a lot of money to the victim, because Craig asked for it.

He did it in a manner that did not put people off by being ultra modern and ultra stupid.

The website Conrad put up had collected about 120 dollars before it was taken down. Which really proves that not many people had fallen for his promotional skills.

I still believe there is more to this episode than we have heard.

And knowing the Internet, one day everything is going to come out, which might make all these discussion totally irrelevant.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68686 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These discussions are already irrelevent.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
These discussions are already irrelevent.

Is that why you have posted nine times on this thread? nilly

Mike

Posts: 21697 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having followed this,one thing that hit me is that this reminds me a great deal of our current political situation. If Obama was on video burning a basket of newborn puppies, there would be those that would defend the action via a " I don't know the President well, but I heard him speak one time at a campaign stop, and on tv, and I can 'personally' tell you you he is of the highest moral fiber, a great American, a man of great integrity and so on.... detractors can do exactly the same, they can find fault if they dig hard enough. But, and this is a BIG BUT, I am amazed that certain segments of this our society get such firm convictions based on a handshake or brief chat. Each situation is different and must be judged as such. This thread got hijacked with the " disclosure" demands, and that is a whole different topic. Like politics, when you run as a public figure and ask for private funding, you leave yourself open to explanations, a fact many here agree with, me included. It is up to the politician to explain only if they choose, but as in politics, not doing so can leave a bad taste in some mouths as we have seen in this case. Bad ideas are just that. This one appears to be in that category, and with only $120 raised towards the $9000 goal, I would say many people agree. But AR is a place for discussion, even disagreement and this topic has provided much of both. I am sure CE and CB will have a lively chat during their brown bear hunt. Would love to be a fly on that wall! Best of luck for a big bear.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MJines, this is where I come to blow off steam because of that very reason this whole place is irrelevent. It is a past time not anything serious. Relevent things are my business, my family etc but surly not AR boards. Big Grin When it gets to 10+ pages horse Have a good one.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Seems CB could use a PR person.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27608 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
MJines, this is where I come to blow off steam because of that very reason this whole place is irrelevent. It is a past time not anything serious. Relevent things are my business, my family etc but surly not AR boards. Big Grin When it gets to 10+ pages horse Have a good one.

Brilliant attitude.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:

This explains a lot and ranks right up there with Crazyhorseconsulting's viewpoint that the Internet isn't real Roll Eyes

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
nilly nilly nilly popcorn popcorn nilly nilly nilly

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's real???? WTF????

I got no memo....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:

I nominate Die Ou Jaeger!

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:

I thought Conrad Everts is his PR person!! 2020

Isn't that how this whole thing got started? rotflmo

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's wrong with the one he already has?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:

This explains a lot and ranks right up there with Crazyhorseconsulting's viewpoint that the Internet isn't real Roll Eyes

the internet IS REAL...??

shit.....

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:

What's wrong with the one he already has?

Well I guess all press is good press.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27608 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:

I thought Conrad Everts is his PR person!! 2020

Isn't that how this whole thing got started? rotflmo

yes, but now Conrad needs his own PR person as he has become so (in)famous; and Craig will need a new NEW PR mouthpiece since Conrad is too busy trying to extract his foot from his mouth...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am surprised to see so many posters saying "I could care less"
which means that they do indeed care and thus might possibly allow themselves to care less,
if only it wasn't so much fun to rubberneck at this wreck.

The correct, non-Freudian-slip phrasing is:

I could NOT care less.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
I am surprised to see so many posters saying "I could care less"
which means that they do indeed care and thus might possibly allow themselves to care less,
if only it wasn't so much fun to rubberneck at this wreck.

The correct, non-Freudian-slip phrasing is:

I could NOT care less.

FINALLY some one else that knows that--

beer

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

And you just realized this?? homer