New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV Show Opportunity
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi AR Members: Wanted to let you all know about an audition that landed in my inbox from a producer at the Discovery Channel. He's looking for a few good men. He knows I'm a hunter and that on your resume is not viewed as a detriment. Of course there's no shortage of tough guys around here. Gals are encouraged to apply as well. PM me if you think you're interested. I will represent you for "a small fee." I can think of a few AR guys I'd encourage to go for this, but there could be a few sleepers amongst our ranks too. ScottyBoy, AAW, Aaron, Crazyhorse, Nganga come to the top of my head just to name a few. Producer is looking for toughness and personality. Softies need not apply, but of course we don't have any of those around here. Do we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOW CASTING: OUT OF THE WILD SEASON 2!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! You are receiving this e-mail because you have expressed interest in The Discovery Channel's Emmy award winning series, "OUT OF THE WILD: The Alaska Experiment." This time, the critically acclaimed series raises the bar for our adventurers by sending them on an epic journey through the wilds of SOUTH AMERICA.

If you think you have what it takes to live and thrive in nature's most brutal environments, then we want to hear from you!

THE CHALLENGE -- if you dare to accept it -- is to join a band of fellow explorers and trek through some of the harshest climates and roughest terrains in the world. Both an epic quest and the ultimate test of courage, this amazing journey will test you in ways you never thought possible and, in the process, allow you to experience the raw beauty of nature and see the world like you never have before.

Sound exhilarating? It will be!

If you are ready to leave the monotony of your day-to-day life behind and push yourself to the limit, you can finally earn the right to say that you truly LIVED.
=================================================================================================================================================================

TO APPLY, simply send an email to OTWCasting@gmail.com with your name, a recent photo, phone number, city/state, and a short explanation of why you feel you are up to the challenge. Or visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv/casting/otw for an application and more information.

Application deadline is AUGUST 26, 2010.

You must be a legal U.S. resident and at least 21 years of age by August 26, 2010 to apply.

Forward email

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
ROSCOE would be a good candidate if he's available.
From the AR backpacking forum, Kaboku68 sounds like a potential condidate. David Hulme also comes to mind--if he were just a US res.
Moja, good luck with this.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I watched "OUT OF THE WILD: The Alaska Experiment." last week! And I enjoyed it very much.

I don't know you or any of the other gentlemen you mentioned personally, but I suspect that you will do a much better job than some of those who have participated in the program mentioned above.

I enjoy programs such as these.

One of the better ones are those by Bruce Parry. I find that all he does is report what actually happens.

Unlike another individual by the name of Bear Gillys - I think that is his name.

He seems to stretch things a bit, which somehow destracts from the program.

The best of luck to you and those who wish to participate. And I certainly look forward to seeing this once its finished.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68669 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Marc,
Thanks for thinking of me Smiler

I may be interested, I always felt that these type shows made interesting TV because the people were soft and had little to no outdoor skills. Survivor comes to mind.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3529 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to do it, Moja..

I wonder if work would frown upon me asking for a few months leave.. paid, of course!

I've always wanted to do something like this.. cameras or not. Seems like a good way to test one's mettle. I'm not too sure about the jungle setting, though.. That would test me to my limits with the foliage, heat, humidity and bugs. I'm much more at home on a slope.

So Mark, are you going to take their offer?

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:
I'd love to do it, Moja..

I wonder if work would frown upon me asking for a few months leave.. paid, of course!

I've always wanted to do something like this.. cameras or not. Seems like a good way to test one's mettle. I'm not too sure about the jungle setting, though.. That would test me to my limits with the foliage, heat, humidity and bugs. I'm much more at home on a slope.

So Mark, are you going to take their offer?

Scotty,
I've done some MTB riding down in the rain forest of Costa Rica, It is for sure different than what we see around here.

BTW, how was your fundraiser?

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3529 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
As I am currently unemployed it might be something fun to do...

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
You must be a legal U.S. resident and at least 21 years of age by August 26, 2010 to apply

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68669 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Sable Trail, I am flattered that you mentioned me in with that group of fine gentlemen, I feel quite honored.

I don't ever watch those kind of shows, also at 60 years old I am over weight and out of shape.

Also, knowing the premise behind such shows from whast little I have watched over the years, I am somewhat of a coward and really have a problem going anywhere without a firearm or two with plenty of ammo in easy reach.

Those shows are a young mans game or are for folks with something to prove to someone if only themselves.

I wish the best of luck to any or all fellow AR members that apply/get chosen.

I will stick to muddling thru out here in the pastures chasing deer/feral hogs/javelina and trying to keep from getting bit by the buzz tails.

Again, Many Thanks for the kind inclusion in that honorable group.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would do this in a heartbeat and have spent much time on my own in Alaska and artic Canada. Just one problem. I dont want to be on tv ever. Someone else is welcome to the 15 minutes of fame. Big Grin

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ScottyBoy: I ain't interested in doin' it because I don't have the time available to make the commitment. Trying to find some other hunters for the producer. I'm sure a few military veterans, ex-Seals, have thrown their hat in the ring. You could get stranded in the jungle with someone you eventually end up marrying! That's what a Survivor Contestant named "Boston Rob" ended up doing.

Crazyhorse, sorry I didn't know you were nearly 60, overweight and out of shape. Having never met you, I thought you were a young scrappy fella who doesn't take too much crap from anyone! Guess you were like that at one point huh?

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moja

I certainly don't need to find another wife! One is PLENTY!! She (and my 3yr old) keep me plenty busy!

Sounds like a helluva opportunity for someone who has the time. I wish I had more of it (like most all of us do)..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sable, if it was just based on being a character, I would probably qualify.

I don't put up with much from anyone, simply because at my age I don't have too.

I have nothing to prove to anyone and am comfortable in my own skin, many people can not say that.

I have enjoyed my life and hope to have many more adventures, I just feel that the ability to experience the wild and wild places is slipping away from those of us that truly love it.

Best wishes for great success with the show and those that participate.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Moja,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but when I mentioned to some of my employees that I was going to be taking five of eight weeks off starting Aug 1, I got some looks...

I am going to the Himilayas on Aug 1 - be my first climb over 20,000 feet. Been to 19.3, but never over that.

My coldest night in the outdoors was in Alaska - 55 below. Had two sleeping bags. It was so cold my nuts felt like my tonsils.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lucky devil.. Need an extra sherpa?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AAW,
expedition mountaineering or hunting? late for the big one's isn't it?

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tou need to be a legal US resident?? Well I guess that leaves out Obama.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SableTrail:
Crazyhorse, sorry I didn't know you were nearly 60, overweight and out of shape. Having never met you, I thought you were a young scrappy fella who doesn't take too much crap from anyone! Guess you were like that at one point huh?

Marc,
I don't know CrazyHorse, but don't let him kid you. I know of his kind.

Young & strong vs Old age & Treachery

No contest!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mike H.:
Tou need to be a legal US resident?? Well I guess that leaves out Obama.

+1 rotflmo

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Young & strong vs Old age & Treachery!No contest.

That has been my motto for a few years now.

These type things are for the young and fit, so that when they reach the over 55 plateau, they too can wake up every morning wondering why their body hurts all over.

It is hell to wake up a 5 year old in a 50+ year old body, wondering what happened.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
AAW,

I looked into hunting, but this trip is just a climb. The lowest altitude we will be at is 15,000; lots of time at 17-18K.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've been up the Amazon, hopefully they pick a dryer environment.

I'm 52 with bad knees so that leaves me out.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Shoot, I'm interested. A client of ours did survivor on the second or third season and said it was actually pretty tough. The Alaska experiment seemed a heck of a lot tougher, but more of a different challange. I'm young, have the time (kinda..) and love to hunt and have a good challenge put out in front of me. One of my best friends is an army ranger fresh out of the service who may be a bit more qualified for this kind of thing. He would definitely be into this.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
And you have to be over 21 which crosses me out.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Andrew - You only have to be over 21 physically, not mentally, so you DO qualify!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Andrew should apply for this....

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too easy!

Been there done that!

Crossing Anarctica, now that would be a "Beeaotch"!

W

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff you've done the Amazon?

Cool when did you do that?

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

You counting in dog years? Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Surestrike
Please email me with contact phone no# at my personal email davefulson@mac.com
I cannot receive AR PM's on my set up, so my email is the way to go.
Cheers

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Coming at you...

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
AAW,

I looked into hunting, but this trip is just a climb. The lowest altitude we will be at is 15,000; lots of time at 17-18K.

Wow John I'm impressed! How much training do you have to do for that? Man, I got light-headed if I took my 02 mask off above 15k! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAVE,
Can I be your special one legged hunter on one of the shows?? We can arrange for the short bus to get me to the airport Big Grin rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We can arrange for the short bus to get me to the airport

Nice.. thumbdown

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for one of these companies to issue a job vacancy for a short, broad, old, ugly, bearded presenter with a bizarre sense of humour and a cockney accent...... I'll be straight in like a rat up a drainpipe for that one!

animal animal animal jumping jumping animal animal animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you would need a one legged co host on there Steve I know Just the guy. rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mate, they'd have to call it the Ugly Hunting Show but damn, it's be a riot! Eeker rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how informative it would be but it would be on late night so children could not watch. or it would be one long bleep when the cut that one word out rotflmo you know what I'm fucking talking about rotflmo

P>S> we have another vote saying you should write a book about all the funny hunting story's from Africa Big Grin no ugly dance story's!!!!!!