New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEIN CONTACT?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a question about this....maybe I missed it on the other pages.

First, sorry that you guys were defrauded out of both your money and the rifles, but I'm glad of your victory in court.

With your judgement against Hein, you are now entitled to execute a lien against his property to fulfill his debt. Getting his house would be hard, but you can certainly get his inventory of equipment and firearms, including personal firearms (not just what he was making for you).

Has your attorney discussed that option with you? Sometimes they don't, simply because of the hassle involved. In this case however, I am sure he has equipment you can sell at auction to obtain your money back.

Worth a try,

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Yes he has but that takes time & money. We'll certainly go that route eventually until such time we reach diminishing returns. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jorge
Did you pay the MAN or the COMPANY, as those are seperate legal persons.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38608 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Jeff; we paid the company, BUT he was NOT an LLC at the time so we sued HIM and his wife, meaning we can go after his personal stuff. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jorge,
That is certainly better for you!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38608 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Outstanding----Hope You Get His Last CLEAN Pair Of Undearwear!!! clap

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A simple phone call reporting what "appears" to be gun shots in the middle of the night from his address rotflmo BOOM

BINGO-warrant served

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Jorge, I found something else for Hein

I sent some more photos I think you will enjoy, let me know if you got them

Jim

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Got them! Thanks! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Havent read this thread in a long time and was hoping jorge had his money returned by now but I guess that is not the case.
But I do wonder what happened to the Hein supporters who were proud of the fact they had rifles (with deposits) on order. Surely this guy isnt still making rifles?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Havent read this thread in a long time and was hoping jorge had his money returned by now but I guess that is not the case.
But I do wonder what happened to the Hein supporters who were proud of the fact they had rifles (with deposits) on order. Surely this guy isnt still making rifles?

It constantly amazes me that some people will suck up to someone with a "name" and ignore the fact that the famous person is scum in real life. They seem to be infatuated with being a "friend" to a celebrity.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12596 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Jorge, is that you on the left?

patriot

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have Greg Hein's FFL number?

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abob:
Jorge, is that you on the left?

patriot

Ship's too small...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
May be of some interest:

http://www.atf.gov/press/facts...t-ffl-revocation.pdf

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howard.

PM sent.

Jim Wisner

Posts: 1452 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Hey Jorge,

US Navy: 1 patriot

Pirates: 0 (actually they are minus 3)

Which weapon do you think they used:

M14 Sniper Rifle (7.62mm)
MK11 Mod 0 Sniper Weapon System (7.62mm)
M82A1 Heavy Sniper Rifle (.50 cal)

Jim

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Jorge,

Wow my eyes are tired, what a thread!

As a"new kid" on the site I had not stumbled upon this prior to today and completely by accident by glancing at the above post.

As, from many others I extend my sympathy to Jorge ,Howard and the others caught up in this situation.

Having been involved in shops producing ordered rifles, this should never have gotten to this point.
All work takes time,all reasonable shops should keep clients informed.
Unfortunately, bad judgment often leads people to further mistakes in judgment; especially with other peoples money.

Which ,of course, is no excuse.

It is truly a shame as experiences such as these , effect consumer confidence in even the most earnest custom shops, particularly in economic times as we see today.

There are great people out there still.

Under the Gunsmithing category I started a thread to praise the good guys, hopefully as much as this thread quite rightfully has chastised at least one of the bad guys.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Jorge,

Which weapon do you think they used:

M14 Sniper Rifle (7.62mm)
MK11 Mod 0 Sniper Weapon System (7.62mm)
M82A1 Heavy Sniper Rifle (.50 cal)

When I had the SEAL Team on JFK they used a 300 Win Mag loaded with factory solids by Remington on a 700 action Unertl 10X scope. These boys were using night optics though.

Howard any word? jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
This would be my choice based on: time of day, distance of shot, and desire for quick follow-up shot

MK11 Mod 0 Sniper Weapon System (7.62mm / 308) with scope & UNS LR from Knight's Arms

Jim

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
TO ALL CONCERNED, "ACTION" PM SENT...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
What's the status?

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
waiting n the warrant. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Go Navy, Beat Pirates

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge, Howard & others:

Any new developments with this situation?

Good Luck.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The phone for the Hein shop has been disconnected.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
No word yet fellows. We are working on it that's all I can tell you. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys but I have to ask, any news?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12596 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
Progress report - or lack thereof?

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
This would be my choice based on: time of day, distance of shot, and desire for quick follow-up shot

MK11 Mod 0 Sniper Weapon System (7.62mm / 308) with scope & UNS LR from Knight's Arms

I read today that the shots were taken at 25 yds
Big Grin

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
It's been a long time since I read this thread and just now found it again. Sorry to hear that this jerk hasn't come through for you boys and I wish you good luck in putting his sorry ass in jail. Hope to hear something positive in the very near future.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boy, I got in early enough. Sorry for those who did not.

I sold mine to a member here to help pay for my old double.

It is making the present owner happy he's told me, 450
Dakota Caliber. Mighty capable on any and every thing. wave

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hopefully, someone with the cash and expertise will buy the business and put them back into production. Probably have to change the name to get some credibility. Maybe we can get Peter Noreen out of retirement (or whatever) to train some new owners.

Rich
CZ fan

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Jorge's old hunting blind

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge, Howard & others:

It has been a long time since any of you involved in this have given an update.

Many members here, myself included, have been supporting you in your efforts but there has been no follow up to AR for sometime now.

What is the status of your case against Hein and is there anything we can do to help?

Good luck.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Anyone?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any news?

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Wow, I thought this thread was long dead and I truly appreciate the concerns. There is really not much else we can do except throw more money at it and lots of time. I have the money now, but not the time.
There is a warrant out for this fucker but it is a civil warrant. I called the Lincoln County Sheriff's office and basically they told me unless they stop him for a traffic violation, he is safe. That is the way our legal system works gentlemen, it favors the perpetrator.

Basically I'm out about 6500 bucks when you include the attorney fees Howard and I have already incurred. I even called the ATF and those idiots are as screwed up as a soup sandwich. Short of me going over there and executing a "Citizen's arrest" like friggin' Gomer Pyle, we're screwed. So more money after bad? I don't know. It hounds me a lot though, I just hate to lose. Tell you what though, I'd be willing to split the money with anybody that gets this guy arrested and pays up! Thanks again gents. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member