New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEIN CONTACT?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg Hein has no corporate protection. He failed to disclose on his web page, on emails etc that he was a LLC. Therefore he has no protection.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you 22WRF! I mean it. Next time you are in Sawyer you get a free glass of amber liquid of your choice. Come take your pick from my well stocked cabinet and we shall enjoy it in my shop.

As for you Gatogordo and Ramrod340, you two show just how ignorant you are with every peck of your keyboard in your two posts. If you knew ANYREAKINGTHING AT ALL about me you would know just how idiotic your posts are.

For the record, I have started a long series of business articles and it has been picked up by Brownells and they are posting them on their new gunsmithing website. The articles are trying to teach both established and up and coming gunsmiths and gunmakers sound business practice. It all started with an article on scheduling and integrity when dealing with their clients. Integrity is interwoven into every single article in the indefinite series.

In addition, I am in the process of starting a non-profit organization that helps disabled veterans, service personnel stationed in combat zones, and people who want to be gunsmiths/gunmakers. Lots of leg work already done and again, the basis of it is teaching sound business practice and integrity in everything they do.

So my advice to you two is to actually know a little something about what you are talking about before making a total ass out of yourself on the world wide web. And since the two of you seem to know nothing about me, let me say that when this all started I was a Hein victim and caught up in the middle of all of this bull shit! I have been in touch with many Hein victims and every single one of them knows I want to see them made whole.

It has been surmised that Greg is trying to move assets and hide behind various laws. We are surmising because it is literally impossible to get info from Greg himself. Believe me, I was living it myself and know how frustrating he is. The reason I posted what I did was because folks were afraid he would actually be able to protect assets and screw the folks here. I simply stated that from my direct experience in the middle of this that Greg and his father both have their personal assets at risk. This means that in the end it is theoretically possible to become made whole after having Greg screw you. The question becomes how long will it take and are you pissed off enough to keep pressing it home. From what I know of those I have spoken with, they all have the tenacity of bulldogs and will ride this to the very end. As would I if I were still being screwed.

Do I want prospective gunmakers to learn from this? You bet! It is a great lesson in integrity and legal issues in business. In engineering school I learned a lot more from case studies of failures than I did from successful projects of the past. If you are not protected and there is a frivolous injury claim against well, then, some shark like 22WRF will be serving you with papers and taking your house!

Sorry 22, had to get a little friendly jab in your ribs there!
Wink

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for you Gatogordo and Ramrod340, you two show just how ignorant you are with every peck of your keyboard in your two posts. If you knew ANYREAKINGTHING AT ALL about me you would know just how idiotic your posts are

Yes I might have misunderstood your post. I didn't take time to read back through the 18 pages to see if you were for or against in the past. To me the last part of your post read like it was too bad Hein had not covered his A$$ and people might be able to obtain what they are due. If that was not the intentent then I'm in error. Heaven forbid trying to clarify to get people on the same page.

But unlike your last post I took exception with the statement and logic not the person making the statement. Nowhere in my post did say I thought you were "ignorant much less an A$$". I made no personal comment about you at all. No that comes with all your great experience etc etc.

Since I'm "showing my ignorance with every peck of my keyboard" please save yourself a lot of time and simply ignore my post. Others who choose to read my 4900+ posts would be hard pressed to ever find me resorting to name calling even in posts with total disagreement. I'll leave that to others.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is really quite an unhappy state of affairs. I've had similar in the UK. But being a smaller country we are all in closer proximity. No where is more than a day's car drive away.

If this happens you can bet that pretty much 90% of shooters in the UK will have heard of it by the end of the month in which it happens!

But to Mr. Hein. I note that he still has a website. I don't really understand US law but is it worth an approach to his internet service provider?

After all if the guy is still inviting orders via his website is there any liability on the part of his ISP if that website allows those deposits to be made via it?

In Great Britain if an enterprise owes you money and doesn't turn up it Court judgement is AUTOMATICALLY given to you. The law assumes that if you don't contest you are making an admission of the allegation against you.

Again in UK once you've got that you can then apply for payment of the debt. Again if the respondent doesn't turn up you then can apply to either make them bankrupt (if personal) or a "Winding Up Order" if a business.

Do you have the same remedies in US?

This then comes up on any credit application he may make and, effectively, until he addresses it he can't get credit.

I hope that it resolves itself in your favour. In the end it reflects badly on the whole of the "custom rifle" business as some will read this and fear to do business with a decent rifle builder.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ramrod-

as long as you understand that i don't want to see anyone screwed and want Greg to live up to his obligations, then all is cool with me! thumb I was just hoping one post could say I thought Greg would not be able to skirt his responsabilites as well as being a teachable moment for anyone thinking of starting a business. If the latter did not easily read that way then in hind sight I should have just axed the last part. The main thing is that we both just want the right thing to happen here. I think it will in the end, but I sure do hope Greg finally mans up about things and does not stretch this out forever.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only reason I am writing this post is as a warning to any business owner reading this. Get some form of corporate protection and then follow the laws regarding corporate vs. private actions. They are a royal pain in the ass to me, but I see them as a necessary evil and do it correctly

Perhaps if you could express yourself more clearly then you wouldn't be so sensitive AND need 22WRF to explain what you meant? I assume you have good editors.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
as long as you understand that i don't want to see anyone screwed and want Greg to live up to his obligations, then all is cool with me!

Well I'm sure glad it is cool with you. Because being called "ignorant and an A$$" isn't cool with me.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CARLOSTHEJACKAL
posted Hide Post
Jorge and Howard, you have pm's.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 486 | Location: SE TEXAS | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
]
Well I'm sure glad it is cool with you. Because being called "ignorant and an A$$" isn't cool with me.

Well I am glad to know that. It tells me you have an idea what I felt like when my words were interpreted and twisted to read that I was suggesting and hoping that Greg Hein, the man who also screwed me, would be able to hide behind a technicality. I can assure you, having my integrity deemed to be such in public is not something I take lightly. Having it portrayed as such in private would be bad enough, but in this thread of all places was over the top and out of line.

I know it has been a long thread and you did not remember everything that has happened, just as I do not remember everything on previous pages. That mistake is understandable. So I say the three of us have a hug fest and get back to the matter at hand-directing our anger to that cheat in Washington. He is a real piece of work.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Copy and answered Carlos, thanks for the update. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
This post got to far down the list. Any news?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12596 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Nothing to report unfortunately and it will remain so for a while until he's picked up on that warrant. I posed this before, but there are some of you that are still in contact with Hein and if you had a modicum of integrity, you would try and help us out. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Jorge, unfortunately some people would rather be the friend of a well known gunsmith more than moral or right.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12596 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well Frank, we'll just have to see, this is a waiting game now. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge:

Are you trying to say you can't locate Hein or that the local constabulary is not in any rush to arrest him?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
It's a civil warrant, not a criminal, so the law does not actively seek him out. Let's face it, the law favors the perpetrator and if the "victim" steps out of line, he gets hammered. So scum like Hein and the people who help him have little to fear. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge, what if any are your alternatives now? I would like to see this scum bag taken to task and I know full well that you and Howard do too. It just seems like a stupid bottle neck to have to wait and for what? If it is a civil warrant, there should be something you could do to bring it to a head.

And I do not want to hear from SFB's 22WRF about anything legal.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge & Howard:

Just a thought, not sure if legal or practical. Since the police probably won't actively seek him out......What about hiring a licensed and registered bounty hunter in that state to pick him up and at least get him before the police and the court? Since he is not skipping on bail, maybe you can do it on a fee basis for services rendered through your attorney.

There is a bench warrent, IIRC, so you might have a case for this route.

Good luck guys.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge:

Have you asked the local law enforcement if they would arrest him if you locate him for them? Unless he's hiding in his wife's closet, that shouldn't be that hard.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
duikerman,
Why is that that YOU HAVE THE SAME IP ADDRESS AS 22WRF?????? Not unlike him to have someone pose for him.

BUSTED AGAIN, Kevie aka Blue aka 22WRF aka duikerman aka ?????

Chic Worthing

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Customstox aka Chuckie aka Customsucks aka ????

Liar. Duikerman and I do not have the same ISP address. But if you think you can, prove it.

Otherwise, why don't you just give it up. There may be a few folks here on AR that still get a chuckle out of your tirade and harangue, but to most who are intelligent you continue to embarrass yourself with your illogical Argumentum Ad Hominem (Appeal to Personal Ridicule) attacks on people, including me. You don't have anything relevant to say about the issue, so instead you attempt to gain attention to yourself by shifting the argument from the point being discussed to the personality of an opponent. Instead of dealing with the thesis on its merits you espouse a fallicious argument that attacks the reputation and moral character, or refers to someones low intelligence, inferiour social position, lack of education, or similar shortcomings. And you couple all of this with another fallacy commonly called an Argumentum Ad Populum (Appeal to the Masses) wherein you depart from the issue under discussion and make an appeal to the feelings and prejudices of the multitudes.

I see those two fallacies used all of the time in Court, and almost 100% of the time the Judge will sustain my objections to them.

I have never met you in person so I don't know what your problems are, but it is apparent that you are having some sort of psychological difficulties when you use these arguments. I am told by a psychologist friend who has read some of your writings that most likely you are having feelings of inadequecy. I don't know if that is true or not. But if it is perhaps you should get some help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duikerman:
quote:

Are you the original artist? My guess is, the original artists signature, is under the "Get over it", in the bottom left corner?

Jeff

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
It's sad this place has been reduced to this.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Howard is currently working on some options along the ideas suggested. Thanks all and as before, I'll keep you all posted. Yes Hein does have a Bench Warrant against him. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Duikerman, CustomStox and 22WRF:

Let's keep the thread about Hein and the good guys he is screwing with and not let it get sidetracked with your personal pissing contests.

Thanks,

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about how to enforce this type of judgement but I'd damn sure find out how to report it Equifax and the other two credit bureaus. He won't get squat for credit with an unresolved judgement on his record. Insurance companies hate that, too.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jorge, hope he can do something. It seems odd that he can just ignore the whole issue and walk away from it.

RCG, good point. This whole topic has taken some dips and turns and one more will not diminish its value. We all want justice for these guys and they are both friends of mine.

Chic Worthing

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It seems odd that he can just ignore the whole issue and walk away from it.

He will ignore it as long as he can. But he will not just walk away from it. Jorge and I are not in a hurry. We have as long as we need.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Grenadier, PM answered. Thanks!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Jorge, I found some guys to help get your money back from Hein

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
:::SIGH::: Nothing to report fellows. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Maybe soon he'll run a stop sign and when they run his license number the bench warrent will pop up Big Grin

Here's hoping

Terry

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
Maybe soon he'll run a stop sign and when they run his license number the bench warrent will pop up Big Grin

Here's hoping

Terry

The gentlemen in question is a Dirtbag and deserves to be put in stocks and flogged like an oaf!!! People who support this guy are no better than he is period end of story!

Maybe some"Jewish Lightning" is in order here!!

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
quote:

Here's hoping

Terry

The gentlemen in question is a Dirtbag and deserves to be put in stocks and flogged like an oaf!!! People who support this guy are no better than he is period end of story!

Who's supporting him? Are you accussing me of that? Why would you quote me and then make a statment like that?

Terry

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here's hoping

Terry

Who's supporting him? Are you accussing me of that? Why would you quote me and then make a statment like that?

Terry

No No No ---- Just The Opposite!!

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
:::SIGH::: Nothing to report fellows. jorge

Jorge, pm sent.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
No No No ---- Just The Opposite!!

Ok, fair enough.

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard, pm sent.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Ronald Reagan