THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    926 yard antelope pistol kill video
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

926 yard antelope pistol kill video
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here is the link to my 926 yard antelope pistol kill.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6mcFTVH9-g

Posts: 273 | Location: ga. | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A week already, and nobody has a comment?

Ha!

Nice Shot!

Sure is a funny looking "pistol"!

Is it a "Riftol" or a "Pistfle"?

Whatever that thing is, I bet it's hard to shoot!

Posts: 3427 | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
An excellent shot! However...I feel like I just returned from a hoedown...

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two questions:

1. This WAS the first shot, right?

2. The weapon will group under moa consistently at this range, right?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
By any definition, that is not a handgun.
Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
By any definition, that is not a handgun.

And people on this site are worried about the effects posting the picture of an under aged lion on the site when the anti's get hold of it.

That simply is not hunting.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That simply is not hunting.

Ha! Whatever!

I hunted HARD and the closest I could get was 934 without being busted, so I made that shot!

Good shot whether it was as close as he could get or if he just wanted to spank her at 926 because he knew it was gravy!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
This is what I thought this "long range forum" would eventualy bring to the table.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes it was the first shot. The gun consistently shots under 1/2 MOA. You can see a sample target under testimonials at Centershot rifles. Yes I could have gotten closer but I had a personnel goal of wanting to take a antelope at long range. I practiced for months before attempting this. I don't recommend this for everybody. You need the right equipment and the required hard work and practice.

Posts: 273 | Location: ga. | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I practiced for months before attempting this. I don't recommend this for everybody. You need the right equipment and the required hard work and practice.

tu2

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Long range shooting requires just as much skill as lathering on the scent block and getting within whatever you consider close range.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that is one hellva peeeestol!

Posts: 1681 | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Regardless of what, it was a good shot. Sometimes we want the challenged of the hunt by getting close, sometimes we want to challenge our shootingskills when hunting.

patriot

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
We never get to see the videos of the animals with their jaws blown off and their guts hanging out.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
If it was the first shot I'll agree it was a great shot provided it is repeatable.

I will admit to stretching my barrels in my younger days when I was shooting 1000s of rounds a year. After I spent 2 days tracking down a mule deer with a leg broken by my long range shot I no longer consider taking super long shots at game my cup of tea.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post