Find
Notify
Tools

223 For Whitetail
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do you feel about a 250AI for deer?

Course it was an 85gr bullet going about the same speed at the 62gr TSX from the 223AI. Thank Christ for that added 13 grains.

Here's another 250AI kill for you, thinking you'll probably need to read Elmer Keith's 'Hell, I Was There' before being able to sleep.

KNOWING trumps guessing.

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ketchikan:

This ain't about others, the question is if the 223 is up to the task, and it is.

OK, you got me there. Finally, double wheew, there is some basis for agreement.

If we are discussing pure, clean fact, I think I have and many others have acknowledged that the 223 is up to the task. I and I think many others are saying that it ain't that simple. Sure, maybe we over think it. There are so many factors that go into a clean kill, that I and others can't help but think of some of those factors, since they are inevitable.

I mean really, if we set up a lab, and had 1000 deer, and 1000 223 varmit bullets, and positioned the deer's head so that each shot was a brain shot, and put the rifle in a machine rest, I seriouly doubt that any of those 1000 deer would survive one second after the shot.

That's the same thing as acknowledging that a 223 is up to the task.

If we change the equasion just a little, and make each shot lung/heart shots, well I'm sure the results would vary. If we change and limit the bullet to the 70 ge TSX and vary the shot placment, of course the results will vary. If we did the same exact expiriment with a real deer cartridge, and compared results, well since such an expiriment ain't gonna really happen, one could only speculate what the results would be based on other data and evidence we have available.

A clear mind can see exactly what I'm talking about.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dude, drill the shoulders with a good bullet and critter dies.

Don't need a petri dish, a piece of litmus paper and a vacuum to grasp that one, well maybe you do.

Field & Stream readers kill me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only knew my father but he told me my mom was a drunken ... whore. I'd like to think not but always assume that anyone out there might be a brother of mine.
Well, that does make sense in light of your posts. I'd suspect teanscum is from the same breading.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you feel about a 250AI for deer?

Great pictures. I like the rifle. Fantastic Sitka deer and black bear. Good job.

Uh, you asked about how do I "feel" about the 250AI. Humm, I'm checking - just a minute.

Ok, since you asked, I feel that it's great for someone who just wants something different. Performance wise, I think it is a great minimum deer cartridge, right in there with the 257 Roberts. I think it is a better choice, compared to the 257 Roberts, for a guy who wants to use a short action, especially a push-feed action. You are asking the wrong guy about an AI cartridge, since I think they all are a waste of time and money, drempt up by a guy that didn't have enough to do, but hopefully that's a different subject in a different place.

I have a 257 Roberts and took it deer hunting in Texas once. Since so many spoke so highly of the cartridge for deer, I figured that I wanted something smaller with less recoil, and the 257 is such a classic.

Unfortunately, I got discouraged with it before giving it a real test. I could find only one box of 120 gr ammo, and I shot up almost the whole box just trying to sight it in, changed the scope out once in case that was the problem, and finally gave up. Then when I got to Texas, the only ammo I could find was that Rem round nose stuff, I think 117 gr., which produced acceptable accuracy, but not great.

I have made up my mind at this point to make the 6.5mm my minimum for deer. In a situation like the one described, I can see the use of an AR type rifle in 260, 7/08, 308 or something like that, highly accurate with a good trigger, and good scope. Limit the magazine to five shots - ok. Concentration on shot placment is one key, but I'm used to using a rifle caliber sufficient enough that blood trails are very evident, and it is practically impossible for a deer to run over 100 yards after the hit, with most DRT, with 20 yards being unusual.

As a gift, I left the 257 rifle with my buddy, who invited me hunting. He has more time to mess with it, and besides he is one of you fellows who hunts with a 223 AR, and frequently wounds deer, so I was hopeing to step him up into a real classic deer rifle, to improve his odds. Big Grin

Of all places I've hunted, southeast Alaska has the thickest vegetation, and dropping a deer quickly is very important to me. First obviously the further you have to go to find a deer the higher the probability of loss. Second, the further the deer runs, leaking blood, the longer the scent trail, and the higher the probability of a bear getting interested. I just never got fond of thashing around in the alders and devils club looking for a dead deer, and watching over my shoulder at the same time. It classic hunter becoming the hunted. Very spooky stuff. IMO, Alaska and perhaps Africa are the last places I want to be mucking around in the bushes hunting deer or whatever with a marginal rifle caliber. Perhaps Texas from a deer stand - OK.

I gotta give you credit there Ketchikan. I see you hunt in places like I'm used to. You are braver than I am in using those little rifle cartridges. Heck, I never felt comfortable toting a 30-06 when bear sign was everywhere, and the best walking was on the 12 - 18 " paths made by the brown bears.

KB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
quote:
Only knew my father but he told me my mom was a drunken ... whore. I'd like to think not but always assume that anyone out there might be a brother of mine.
Well, that does make sense in light of your posts. I'd suspect teanscum is from the same breading.

I think his dad and mine did tag teams on that same Carolina slut.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ketchikan:teanscum is from the same breading.

You seem to be rather good at barbed quips, put downs and maybe you are hard to be bested when it comes to be down and Dirty, but when it comes to be a real class act you seem to come up just a little short.Short fall you can take that anyway you want. I was going to give you data on your 250-3k mod99 Savage but but you'd find reason to reject it ;I'm sure.Why so disgrunteled? Do you need professional help? fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
is the 223 good enough? sure, it will do the job. Its not my preferred round for it, till this year, as I am shooting with a pretty signifigant shoulder injury and will have to shoot rifles lefty this year.

there's little need for the name calling, though that seem to be the case in most threads that go past 2 pages.

its fair to say most people will make their own choices .. and name calling tends to make persons strongly adher to the other point of view.. drives em right away from you.

here's a clue, though.. if its legal to use, its legal. Legal doesn't mean ethical, and that's a personal thing.

ya'll have fun
jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ketchikan:teanscum is from the same breading.

You seem to be rather good at barbed quips, put downs and maybe you are hard to be bested when it comes to be down and Dirty, but when it comes to be a real class act you seem to come up just a little short.Short fall you can take that anyway you want. I was going to give you data on your 250-3k mod99 Savage but but you'd find reason to reject it ;I'm sure.Why so disgrunteled? Do you need professional help? fishingroger

He brought my family into first. If he's going to mention my family he had best be ready for what is coming next.

Don't worry about the 250 data, can't imagine needing anything from you. Bad run with bullets/LSD in the 60's and your off it for life. Guessing a bad run with wimmins left you a pipe smoker?

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
What may be helpful for this type of discussion in the future is for the writer of the thread to clearly indicate whether he is asking for opinions or EXPERIENCE with a particular point.

The confusion and hostility gets fired up when those without EXPERIENCE on a particular thread, think that their opinion is the greatest gift that they can give. They feel the need to so state and accuse anyone with EXPERIENCE that is contrary to their opinion as being dangerous to the non informed. They do indeed feel the urge to "You must be a Democrat because you sure have the 'I know better so my job is to protect people from themselves' mentality honed." as stated by Ketchikan.

If the request is for opinions everyone has one and mine is no better than yours,.... even if you are completely wrong!!!. If the request is for EXPERIENCE and you don't have any, help they originator of the thread and don't comment.

That being said.... I still think that Ketchikan's comment on his mother is hilarious!!!!!!!!! Sorry Hotsh#t

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your opinion, TEANCUM. I have no idea where you and Ketchikan get this Democrat protecting from themselves carp.

My goal is to provide an alternate view on the subject so that those who think that maybe your so-called experience means more than it does, and actually it is nothing more than a smoke screen hiding lack of objectivity, and cloaking the fact that while the 223 may be adequate, it is at the bottom of the rung when it comes to making a logical choice on a real deer rifle.

There are so many young guys now with a fancy for those AR15s and such, who can easily rationalize that this "weapon" they now possess, which goes bang lots and lots quickly, and fun to shoot, will make an excellent deer rifle. I'm hopeing that with a little common sense they will grow out of it soon, and I want to do my part in offsetting opinions like yours.

At least they may start thinking of the alternatives to the 223 on the AR15 platform, and leave the 223 for what it was designed to do. There are lots of better caliber options for deer or hog hunting in the AR, or any rifle.

KB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kabluewy:
...while the 223 may be adequate, it is at the bottom of the rung when it comes to making a logical choice on a real deer rifle.
KB

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with that statement. It's not even near the bottom of the rung. I think the bottom of the rung would be an Airsoft, closely followed by a Red Ryder Daisy. If one had the time and stalking ability one could put a deer's eyes out and then attack it with a knife, so even Airsofts and BB guns could be deadly hilbily As to .22s, I'm still gonna shoot deer with them if the opportunity presents, that's the rifle along with, and it's not a bad shot op.

Posts: 176 | Location: Earth | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for your opinion, TEANCUM. I have no idea where you and Ketchikan get this Democrat protecting from themselves carp.

My goal is to provide an alternate view on the subject so that those who think that maybe your so-called experience means more than it does, and actually it is nothing more than a smoke screen hiding lack of objectivity, and cloaking the fact that while the 223 may be adequate, it is at the bottom of the rung when it comes to making a logical choice on a real deer rifle.

There are so many young guys now with a fancy for those AR15s and such, who can easily rationalize that this "weapon" they now possess, which goes bang lots and lots quickly, and fun to shoot, will make an excellent deer rifle. I'm hopeing that with a little common sense they will grow out of it soon, and I want to do my part in offsetting opinions like yours.

At least they may start thinking of the alternatives to the 223 on the AR15 platform, and leave the 223 for what it was designed to do. There are lots of better caliber options for deer or hog hunting in the AR, or any rifle.

KB

The guessing never ends. Course shooting into a 'flock' of deer with a 257 Roberts and recovering one adds much to your 'experience' and guessing prowess.

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Read it like you are predisposed to. Hopefully others can see through the bull and blunder.

Now that I think about it, I would certainly support any state law that prohibited the use of the 223 diameter bullets use on deer. Some people just won't make the right choice, and have to be legislated into ethics. This is a classic case supporting that notion.

KB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can make a clean kill with a .223 on a big white tail or mule buck, But like others have said shot placement is more important, and I'd rather use something with some real knock down power. So don't use it unless you have to.
It's not fun when you mess up your shot and spend half a day looking for a deer you know you hit not find it knowing its suffering, and of course you're expanding your chances using a .223.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who don't"
-Thomas Jefferson

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 62 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: 30 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Precision Man:
It's not even near the bottom of the rung. I think the bottom of the rung would be an Airsoft, closely followed by a Red Ryder Daisy.

Good Grief, that's what I'm talking about. Some "hunters" have no minimum. Hard to believe, but apparantly true based on the stuff they say, apparantly seriously.

Imagine being out there all decked out in camo and scent block, sitting in a deer stand, on a crisp fall morning, expecting to pop a buck with your favorite Red Rider. You might as well throw Daisies at them.
Big Grin This is getting really amusing.
KB

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Not entirely out of the realm of reality. We used paintball guns a couple years in a row to mark does and watch their migration patterns around the ranch. Needess to say, it's as hard as archery to get a good hit.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Paintball - that seems like it would be fun. Like counting coup.

When I lived on the island in S. E. Alaska, I tried to get the local P. D. guys to zap a brown bear at the dump with a taser, just to see if it is really effective. None were brave enough (or foolish enough) to do it, but they would zap them with the little guns shooting pepper spray balls, which had little impression on the bears.

I can see the headlines now. Officer shreaded by tazed brown bear. Eeker

Of course, I declined the officer's generous offer to taze me instead. Big Grin

KB

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Paintball - that seems like it would be fun. Like counting coup.

KB

One has to be careful with them; we found out the hard way (and out of season) that a paint ball will break a turkey's neck. Roll Eyes

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Precision Man:
It's not even near the bottom of the rung. I think the bottom of the rung would be an Airsoft, closely followed by a Red Ryder Daisy.

Good Grief, that's what I'm talking about. Some "hunters" have no minimum. Hard to believe, but apparantly true based on the stuff they say, apparantly seriously.

Imagine being out there all decked out in camo and scent block, sitting in a deer stand, on a crisp fall morning, expecting to pop a buck with your favorite Red Rider. You might as well throw Daisies at them.
Big Grin This is getting really amusing.
KB

How about pepper spray, a lasso, and a cordless nail gun?
It'd pre-season the blinded deer and you could nail it to a spit over the cook fire!!!

If anybody steals my ideas for a McGyver/Survivor type tv show episode I want credit!

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Can we tone down the REALLY personal broadsides?

Yes, "he' may have said something offense. Call him on saying it, rather than "digging deeper"

Be the bigger man

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully, this is a good indicator that this discussion has about run out of steam. Smiler

Yup, it was a pissing contest. The subject polarized people. People backbit each other, insulted each other, Cussed each other, and some now hate each other. Too much invested emotions on the subject, one way or the other.

With all the pissing going on around here,, I don’t see were anyone marked an inch of new territory.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MickinColo:
quote:
Hopefully, this is a good indicator that this discussion has about run out of steam. Smiler

Yup, it was a pissing contest. The subject always polarizes people. People always backbite each other, insulted each other, Cuss each other, and hate each other. Too much invested emotions on the subject, one way or the other.

Nope. I make fun of people instead in a humorous fashion whilst pointing out that they're my deer and I'm gonna shoot them with whatever I want. I've got no emotion invested in the subject and I'll wager a hunnerd bucks that .223 is never gonna be illegal for Texas Whitetail. When you fill the water troughs and feeders on my property, I guess either you'll be a hired man and I'll still do as I please, or you bought out my spread and you can go around busybodying people about what they shoot deer with.

No emotional investment in a matter of fact that .223 kills deer fine if the shot is right and I often have one with me looking for coyotes. I'm sure I'm also wrong for shooting them with .357Mag, .30-30 in pistol form, .222, and a load of other stuff depending on who you ask. Don't make a f*ck cos it's my land, I don't lose them, and I choose my shots.

If you want to worry about what young men (and women) with ARs might do, why don't you take one hunting with you instead of clogging up the forums with the same god damn debates over and over again? I saw this thread and I knew who was going to be on what side and who was going to be insulting who and getting personal in insults before I even clicked on it the first time. Not only BORING but PREDICTABLE. That's why I usually just read the classifieds and avoid the forums but every once in a while I have free time where I'm stuck at a computer and I am laughing at some people and with others when I post.

:-)

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Precision Man

Precision Man,

You are a sensible man in a less than sensible annual subject, with less than sensible people.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Well, despite all the emotion and sniping and backstabbing, there is one good thing about a forum like this. I allows for expression of views which most likely would otherwise go unsaid. I certainly wouldn't express my view in person to a landowner or someone who allowed me to hunt on their property, not only out of respect, but to protect the invite. I didn't even say anything to my Texas buddy when he neck shot with his AR 223 that big doe that got away.

It's all good if dignity is maintained.

KB

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:

KB

Kaboom

Seriously.......I really know what's best for you and your choice of weapons and I'm going to do my best to make sure that you follow my opinions......seriously.

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
Seriously.......I really know what's best for you and your choice of weapons and I'm going to do my best to make sure that you follow my opinions......seriously.

That's way too serious for me. Good luck with all your endevors, except that one. Is this going to be a surprise, or do you have a plan that you want to inform me about, so I can fit it into my schedule, put it on my calendar?

KB

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really know what's best for you and your choice of weapons and I'm going to do my best to make sure that you follow my opinions. ...
Straight out of the old "I'm a Democrat and I will tell you how to live your life!" handbook.

I knew it before he ever admitted it - Democrat scum!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some folks can't do something, like killing a deer with a 257 Roberts, and they assume no one can.

'I would make 223 illegal' or some such statement.

Once again you have proven yourself a TRUE liberal Democrat. Legislate out what you don't know or understand.

You are one scary dude, stupid and wanting to legislate everything. Some folks had the mold broken when they were made, only thing broken when you were made was the condom.

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
Ah, never mind.

TC1 is the smartest one of all, and was right all along.

I think I made a mistake in engaging in this discussion. Big Grin

All this time I was thinking maybe a friendly discussion among gentlemen would achieve no worse than agreement to disagree, and yet allow expression of different views without making it personal. Somehow I figured it was merely a misunderstanding of facts at best, and maybe at worst some indication of the deterioriation of our hunting heritage and ethics or our society values. I had no idea that it is actually caused by a deterioration of the gene pool.

Obviously this problem is here to stay, and can't be fixed. I already knew about the old saying you can't fix stupid, well now I have found another catagory that can't be fixed. Actually I think stupid is better because most of the time those folks can't help it, and it's not usually by choice. This kind of thing we have discovered here is clearly a choice by intelligent people. You can't fix DNA gone amuck. Eeker

KB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deep down EVERYONE knows that a 223 is not the best caliber for deer sized game. Can it be done? yes. My question is why would someone want to knowing that a middle caliber gun is just a better choice.

IMO... wanting to hunt deer with a 223, 204, 218Bee, a zip gun or any other minimal cartridge has more to do with sport (testosterone?) than it has to do with hunting. When I'm killing something, it has nothing to do with sport...I want it to die, quickly, with as little drama as possible..and making sure it goes home with me is as important as shooting it.

Sure you can kill whitetail at 250 yds with a 62 grains from a 223....but I don't think we will ever be hunting together...I don't hunt for bagging rights...and neither do my friends.

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I really know what's best for you and your choice of weapons and I'm going to do my best to make sure that you follow my opinions. ...
Straight out of the old "I'm a Democrat and I will tell you how to live your life!" handbook.

Hotsh#t

My dear old Ricocheting friend. Let me apologize for confusing you with my comment. I am so sorry that it might have offended you............wait a minute, apologize to Hotsh#t, NEVER. Your aptitude for sarcasm detection reveals your genetic make up ......missing the 9th gene. But alas, I forget about your hillbilly upbringing and of course that situation with your you know...............what Ketchikan said which is still funny.

I'll tell you what, in the future I promise to put up a flare for you if I'm utilizing sarcasm, OK???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonP:
Deep down EVERYONE knows that a 223 is not the best caliber for deer sized game. Can it be done? yes. My question is why would someone want to knowing that a middle caliber gun is just a better choice.

IMO... wanting to hunt deer with a 223, 204, 218Bee, a zip gun or any other minimal cartridge has more to do with sport (testosterone?) than it has to do with hunting. When I'm killing something, it has nothing to do with sport...I want it to die, quickly, with as little drama as possible..and making sure it goes home with me is as important as shooting it.

Sure you can kill whitetail at 250 yds with a 62 grains from a 223....but I don't think we will ever be hunting together...I don't hunt for bagging rights...and neither do my friends.

Because I don't take my .458 Lott on fookin' coyote duty and sometimes there's a deer there. I often take a .223. Hunting for freezer rights on my own land. I think it's been mentioned. I don't think you'll be hunting my land either even if you'd like to so you could brag you shot your deer with a .270 or .300WinMag or something. I don't allow that kind of behavior around me. I consider it the lowest form of hunter that has to brag about how big his deer rifle is. Probably the product of a tag team on a Carolina drunken slut.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I figured out a way to solve this silliness Hollywood old west style, with a contest. Filmed for the outdoor channel and we can see if we can get some sponsorship from rifle and ammo companies or maybe a survivor type television program to cover costs.

We all take up a collection for transport and lodging for 2 to a third world nation with limited and easily bribed police forces.

We pick the two most hatefully partisan people in the .223 Remington vs Whitetail deer debate who insult each other more than any others on an annual basis.

We dress them both up in khaki dockers (representing sorta the fur color of a Whitetail) and green golf shirts (representing partial concealment in the forest) and put fuzzy antler baseball caps on their heads.

We place them standing broadside to each other at 150 yards with their respective .223 and "not .223" rifles with the ammunition of their choice.

Guy with the .223 (improved is legal if one wishes, just has to be .224 or under projectile honestly) gets first shot because your average human on AR is probably in the same weight class as the average Whitetail put in a freezer on a regular basis and the big rifle guy doesn't think that the little rifle can kill an animal in his size class so he should feel safe.

Ref blows the whistle.

Little rifle dude takes first shot. Big rifle dude gets to shoot back if he's still able.

Winner gets the loser's rifle if both don't die, thereby, in the case the fellow with the .223 Rem or variant wins, he will now have a suitable greater than .224 bullet launcher for his next deer hunt so even in death, the big rifle guy will have achieved his dream of putting something other than a .223 Remington in the hands of his foe.

Seems Win-Win for everybody here. Am I wrong?

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Texas style way to settle an argument. Of course I agree that would get it done alright. I can also see how stacking the odds is std procedure for the one setting the rules - in many regards.

Put the little 223 to it's highest and best use, by design, namely shooting the crap out of and/or wounding people, there's little doubt on the outcome of that wildly imagined scenerio.

Best regards on that, count me out, I'll sell tickets though.

KB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds like a Texas style way to settle an argument. Of course I agree that would get it done alright. I can also see how stacking the odds is std procedure for the one setting the rules - in many regards.

Put the little 223 to it's highest and best use, by design, namely shooting the crap out of and/or wounding people, there's little doubt on the outcome of that wildly imagined scenerio.

Best regards on that, count me out, I'll sell tickets though.

KB

Then we can have a big finish that would look great on the Big Screen:

Have an A-10 make a couple gun passes over the "playing field" followed by a squadron of SPADs (Call me nostalgic) pickling Napalm on all the people that bought tickets (I'll be up in the helio filming the contest so I'll be safe) and then maybe we shall never have to see this thread again as all the protagonists will be dead!

Every once in a while in the future somebody will try to start this thread again and one of the old timers will says "Shut up kid! Last time around you remember all them folk that got crisped in Paraguay over this shit? Leave it alone!"

ROLL CREDITS

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

LOL,, I don’t know what would happen if you guys really disliked each other. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mick, I have a Brain Teaser for you.

I've seen "my hero" teanScum menton at least 35-70 times that he has me on Ignore. So, the question is, how was he able to see my last post that he responded to???

Here are your choices:
1. teanScum is a Lying Democrat.(I know Lying and Democrat are redundant and when you add teanScum it must be triple-redundant)
2. Same as above.
3. Same as #2.

Simply a Lying sack of obummer Democrat.

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Mick, I have a Brain Teaser for you.

I've seen "my hero" teanScum menton at least 35-70 times that he has me on Ignore. So, the question is, how was he able to see my last post that he responded to???

Here are your choices:
1. teanScum is a Lying Democrat.(I know Lying and Democrat are redundant and when you add teanScum it must be triple-redundant)
2. Same as above.
3. Same as #2.

Simply a Lying sack of obummer Democrat.

I would have to say that it's No 4. All the above.

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I have never put anyone on “Ignore”. So I don’t know the ins and outs of “Ignore” but if someone puts another person on “Ignore” I would think that he would stop talking to the other person. But what does “Politics” have to do with the subject at hand?