Notify
Tools

223 For Whitetail
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Anyone here who knows me realizes I don't stoop to Lying like you Liars do.

really?
Sir, you have trouble with HONESTY, if you call it lying or whatever
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Of course, some of the confusion is fostered by the herd of Liars - bobby, jeffe, teanScum, tc1, gunmaker, etc., who don't have any actual first-hand Experience. rotflmo

You see, as you accuse others of your behavoir, you are, in fact, lying.

Put up or shut up, and since you can't prove you've killed the FIRST 1,0000 deer on permit, I expect you'll be running off at the mouth, and falsely claiming you aren't lying...

liars ALWAYS say "but i aint lieing"

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:

And still you just can't help yourself can you?

jumping
diggin

Ole Ketch-um-if-he-can was obviously trolling for dates, and I was just trying to help him find a mate. You and him make a good pair of trolls. And just think, the match was made right here on this forum, thanks to the power of the internet.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kabluewy:
Since I don't shoot that caliber of bullet I'm not thoroughly familiar with them.

KB

Arguments are won on merit, not by who posts the last word.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1861 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunmaker:
quote:
Since I don't shoot that caliber of bullet I'm not thoroughly familiar with them.

KB

Arguments are won on merit, not by who posts the last word.

You don't win an argunment by making quotes or simply declaring you won. Besides no one is winning here. We are all making each other a bunch of crazies arguing over nothing. I joined in at a time when I didn't think it would go on and on and would eventually end in some reasonable way. Now I just refuse to drop it and let you Adam Henrys gloat over running everyone off except those who agree with your bullshit.

And another thing, I don't mind letting someone have the last word, if it's reasonable, and if it's not a slam on anyone, especially me. You don't even have to agree. You jerks just keep on slamming, and I'll keep on slamming back. I'm only in my sixties, and I figure maybe I can make a record of some kind for the most posts on a bullshit forum. I have a few years left.
KB

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
How about we all let you have the last word quoted below.
quote:

gunmaker
------------------
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1861 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

You just gotta post a quote out of context. That statment was regarding the vast varity of 223 bullets available for reloading, and had little to do with the performance of the 223, except that it is classified as a varmint cartridge. My familiarity with the cartridge or not, doesn't change what the cartridge is.

Of course I write the above for the benefit of those who may think you have a point.
KB

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
quote:

They don't have to think, you admitted it.

gunmaker
------------------
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn BlewWad is a friggin tool, just simply amazing watching an idiot go on and on about something he read in Field & Stream.

Another wasted load

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Greetings Ketch-up. Got your panties in a wad there Bigg Bulliee Boyy?

KB

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:

They don't have to think, you admitted it.

Admitted what? That I don't know everything? And maybe unlike you, I don't let my ego get in the way of admitting it? You don't even know that you are a blow hard, you've probably been doing it so long it's standard procedure.

KB

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
To reiterate. Here's my small contribution to the topic of this post.
quote:
I guess I'm confident enough in my own abilities and limitations to effectively harvest deer with my .223, 22-250, 22-250 ACK IMP, 25-06, 280Rem, 300 WIN MAG, 30-338 and nothing has dropped as fast as those shot with my 223. Nothing has ran off either. After reading my local big game laws it looks like I can use my 204 Ruger as well. I'll have to do some research on that one.

Kind of like driving in the snow. If you're not comfortable doing it, DON'T. Just don't tell me it's some silly fact that it can't or shouldn't be done.

Here's KB's

quote:
I have clearly stated that I have no experience in pulling the trigger myself using a 223 on deer
KB

jumping

gunmaker
------------------
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't figure out why you seem to think that I have to actually shoot deer with a 223, and need to be thoroughly familiar with all the varities of bullets. FYI, I have shot several 223s including ARs and bolt actions, at targets, and I really enjoyed them and their very mild recoil and accuracy. IMO it's a fun cartridge. Therefore, I have little doubt that it will kill deer, and likewise I believe that I and others can take deer easily with a 223. But just like so many have said, self-control and bullet selection, and the judgment to pass up shots, is a big factor when one makes the choice of using the 223. I simply see no need to use a 223 in the first place, thus removing a weak-link variable in the formula right off the top.

There are so many examples, far too many to list, where I don't need to have intimate knowledge of and actual experience with to know what the deal is. To me clearly witnessing the inadequacy of the 223 on real field situations, with real and experienced deer hunters, and being a real and experienced hunter myself is enough. Even so, there are other facts, and observations, and info that I base my opinion and conclusions upon.

It's the same as figuring out that a particular 458 WM, with a given velocity, bullet weight, weight of rifle, etc, is going to produce such-and-such foot pounds of recoil. Sure, I can shoot it to confirm that it's gonna kick to the calculated degree, and I could watch another guy shoot it, and be equally confident it's gonna kick just like the mathmatics show it will. Although I have confirmed the kick of a 458 on my own shoulder, I absolutely don't have to do all three or even two of those things to confirm the prediction I can obtain from simple mathmatics and studying the design of the package as a whole.

That's a no-brainer, just like the 223 is a no-brainer. It is what it is, no matter which way you look at it, and no matter the fluff, and BS. Surely the Barnes TSX takes it up a notch, but not much, and certainly IMO not enough to bring it out of the varmint cartridge catagory.

KB

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have clearly stated that I have no experience in pulling the trigger myself using a 223 on deer
KB

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Let's see - humm, you got me thinking about it. I have no experience with pulling the trigger on deer with the following short list of calibers: Anything smalller than .243, and anything bigger than .429. This includes 25-06, 6.5mm anything, 270, 7x64, 38-55, and I'm sure there are many more - too many to list. I'm sure the list of those I haven't used is far greater than those I have used

I can remember taking at least one deer, and in most cases several, with the following cartridges: 243, 257R, 7x57, 280, 30-30, 308, 30-06, 300 H&H, 7.62x39, 7.62x53R, 338WM, 35 Whelen, 375H&H, 44 mag, buckshot, and there may be others.

So, now you can use the above info to invalidate my deer hunting experience, since obviously the use of a varity of cartridges isn't up to your extensive requirments.

Oh yes, nothing dropped them faster than the little 123 gr pill from the 7.62x39, right between the eyes, which obviously makes it the best of the lot - right?

KB

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
obviously the use of a varity of cartridges isn't up to your extensive requirments.

KB

Ding ding ding!! we have a winner!
If you haven't shot a deer with a 223 then all you have is an opinion. Kind of like feelings they get in the way of facts. You can feel like you know what it's like, but in the end:

quote:
KB

gunmaker
------------------
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
KB

If you haven't shot a deer with a 223 then all you have is an opinion.

Exactly, that's all I stated about the 223 was opinion, based on a set of facts including observations of its use in the field. Nothing more or less.

You however stated the fact that you have actually used the 223 to take deer, and then went further to state an opinion derived from that fact. You also derived from the fact of using the 223 that, in your mind, it is also a fact that only your opinion is valid, and mine is not, simply based of a difference of experience.

In my opinion, you are confusing fact and opinion. Wink

KB

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Nobody ever said you coudn't have an opinion. We just said your opinion was worthless because you had no experience to form it.

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
OK, so what's all this name calling been about?

KB

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
So you're now convinced the 223 is a real deer rifle. I'm so glad.

gunmaker
------------------
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nobody ever said you coudn't have an opinion. We just said your opinion was worthless because you had no experience to form it.

Are you saying that as a fact or your opinion?

KB

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
So you're now convinced the 223 is a real deer rifle. I'm so glad.

I'm happy for you. Wink

I have to admit that I used that phrase to irritate you and prod you, making the inference that the 223 is not a real deer rifle. Of course it depends. For me it's not a real deer rifle, but for you it is. It's a matter of opinion. Big Grin
It can be used to shoot real deer, which hopefully we can agree on. Roll Eyes

KB

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
OK, so what's all this name calling been about?

KB

The name calling started because of your rude and obnoxious behavior. For me it was when you called me a liar. I lost respect for you and your ridiculous opinions. You admittedly don't have a clue about what you're talking about here yet you obviously can't stop yourself from posting on a thread which you really had no business getting involved in from the first post. You've said on two different posts you were done with it and yet you still can't help yourself. What do you plan to accomplish? At this point do you think you're going change anyone's mind?

FYI, The best way to learn about something you don't have any experience with is to just STFU and listen, but you don't seem to be capable of that and here we are.

If you really don't like being called a dumb ass then stop acting like one. It's really that simple.

Have you noticed that nobody has come to your defense? Think about it KB. You've been on the losing end of this from the second page. You may not be able to see it but that's only because your pride is blinding you.

Hunting deer with a .223 with premium bullets isn't as challenging as you think it is. Lots of people here have done it and know. There is/was a wealth of information to be learned if you would just open your mind and let it in. You may decide it's not for you and that's ok, but stop trying to tell others that know what they're doing that it's bad idea. You don't know because you haven't done it. It's really that simple.

This is about as nice as I'm going to be with you and consider this nothing more than advice.

Terry

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is about as nice as I'm going to be with you and consider this nothing more than advice.

Terry

I'm sure of that. I know you feel like you went out of your way to show your nice side. Roll Eyes

I'm also sure that your last post is about as close as you have the ability to get to writing something that isn't plain crap and filled with opinion, stated as fact. One has to appreciate the little things sometimes, and try to find good where it isn't apparant.

So, it's been a long week in other respects completely unrelated to this forum, and I don't have the attention span for dealing with this right now. So, I'll think about it, and maybe respond, and maybe not. Either way, I'm hopeful that this is winding down.

Have a nice weekend.

KB

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Bobby,
i turned blue and passedout waiting... Still not a shred of evidence.. not even a county and year .. wow, man.. many thousand of deer would leave a hell of a bone pile!

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have to admit that I used that phrase to irritate you and prod you,
KB

classic definition of an internet troll. You must be so proud.

Honestly I'm surprised that nobody came to KB's defense. Just disproves the urban legend. You can't even hunt deer with a 223 in an urban environment anyway. Must be all those city folk that spread the BS about the 223.

gunmaker
------------------
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

KB

classic definition of an internet troll. You must be so proud.

Honestly I'm surprised that nobody came to KB's defense.

There you go again. A guy can't get the least bit candid with you. Give an inch and you take advantage. Speak with Ketch-um-up. I'm sure he would be glad to give you all he's got which I suspect is about 4.5 inches.

Don't be surprised about others not taking on my defense. They recognized that I don't need their help. You are no trouble at all. The only thing others may help with is to remind me to never again assume that you have a nice side.

KB

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
KB[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

The name calling started because of your rude and obnoxious behavior. For me it was when you called me a liar. I lost respect for you and your ridiculous opinions. You admittedly don't have a clue about what you're talking about here yet you obviously can't stop yourself from posting on a thread which you really had no business getting involved in from the first post. You've said on two different posts you were done with it and yet you still can't help yourself. What do you plan to accomplish? At this point do you think you're going change anyone's mind?

FYI, The best way to learn about something you don't have any experience with is to just STFU and listen, but you don't seem to be capable of that and here we are.

If you really don't like being called a dumb ass then stop acting like one. It's really that simple.

Have you noticed that nobody has come to your defense? Think about it KB. You've been on the losing end of this from the second page. You may not be able to see it but that's only because your pride is blinding you.

Hunting deer with a .223 with premium bullets isn't as challenging as you think it is. Lots of people here have done it and know. There is/was a wealth of information to be learned if you would just open your mind and let it in. You may decide it's not for you and that's ok, but stop trying to tell others that know what they're doing that it's bad idea. You don't know because you haven't done it. It's really that simple.

Terry[/QUOTE]

Amen brother.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Just trying to help broaden your vocabulary homer Might give you some insight to the responses you got from a variety of sources.
quote:

KB

Internet troll: someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.

gunmaker
------------------
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
For me it was when you called me a liar. ...
Well..., That would be a True statement as was proved a few pages back.

I'm sure disappointed in you herd of Liars. Only "two" posts attempting to talk bad about me on this page by the same fool. And you all try to be so cool(as Liars). rotflmo

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
donttroll

gunmaker
------------------
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
James,

Now that I think about it, I think I have a nice custom bottom metal unit for the mini-mauser that was made by you. It surely is a very nice piece, excellent craftsmanship, etc.

Guess what? It ain't going on a 223. Wink

KB

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just trying to help broaden your vocabulary homer Might give you some insight to the responses you got from a variety of sources.
quote:

KB

Internet troll: someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.

OK James, I'm guilty as accused, regarding this instance of trolling behavior. Twelve lashes with a wet noodle. Wink

At least I wasn't trolling for dates.

One can say that this whole discussion is contiversial, and trolling is rampant and inherant by the definition you gave.

I'll try to restrain myself in the future, but I can't promise that I won't make a special case for you and some of your internet troll buddies.

I didn't look back and review all your posts, so I could quote you doing the same thing, but you don't seem like the innocent - high ground type to me.

I went back and reviewed the initial posts on this discussion, from page one to page 5 or so, and it didn't take long to read. I was wondering about the beginning of this lier stuff TC1 mentioned, and also about this troll thing you harp about, and basically just to see how I got dragged into this deterioration.

For those interested, the first few pages lay out most of the meaningful discussion, and also shows the deterioration into pettyness and emotion, name calling, etc.

KB

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
You didn't get "dragged" into anything. You entered this of your own free will knowing you didn't have any real experience with the subject at hand. You tried to interject your own misguided morels on us and NOBODY bought it. Noboby and I mean nobody egged you into making the rude and obnoxious comments you did. Even now that it's been proven you don't have a clue about what you speak and you still can't contain yourself.

Your last post will be as rediculous as your first. We already know this because you've been backed into a corner and you're just talking out your ass. Go get some experience then come back when you have something real to contribute. Till then you're just a nonplayer here.

Terry

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
From the beginning you have said my opinion was worthless, and use a variety of slamming terms about me, and made it personal. I think the variety of ways you can say the same thing again and again are infinite. You took something I said about TV, and skewed it to mean something it didn't. And I called you a liar for doing that. Then your self-righteousness got the best of you and from then on your cause has been slamming me, as well as an advocate of the 223. I have no problem with your advocacy of the 223, but I have a big problem with your juvenile BS, and self expression at the expense of others, and attempting to elevate yourself by attempting to bring others down.

I started out just like others did in this thread, just relating experiences and expressing opinion, and soon it turned personal, not by my making, then you entered and ratcheted up those personal insults and emotional responses to a new level.

Threads like this maybe, just maybe could be discussed like gentlemen, but as long as those like you get into it, who find it impossible to disagree as gentlemen, and who readily make things personal, real discussion is impossible. You and others like you are the cause of the deterioration of a thread like this and similarly the cause of much of the negative view some may have towards hunters in general.

You sir are no spokesman for the heritage and ethics of hunting. Simply said, you are a spokesman only for TC1 BS. I’m embarrassed to be a part of a discussion that includes you.

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
TC1, you have the honor of being the first person that I'm considering putting on my ignore list. I'm finding it difficult to make a decision about that because I know that by doing so you will get some satisfaction out of it, and maybe gloat over it. But on the other hand, why should I give a chit?

I think the why should I give a chit wins. Hopefully it will prove difficult for you to have a one-sided argument, and I consider it a waste of time dealing with you in any way anyhow.

WOW, what a miricle if internet tech the ignore list is. Poof - TC1 is gone, like a fart in the wind. My day is made already. Now I think I'll go to the range and sight in my 308 deer rifle.

KB

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
You didn't get "dragged" into anything. You entered this of your own free will knowing you didn't have any real experience with the subject at hand. You bring yourself down. We had no hand in that.

quote:
I’m embarrassed to be a part of a discussion that includes you.

But yet even now you can't control yourself can you?

Look at the title of the thread. You have contributed nothing to this thread that purtains to the title. From the begining your opinion has been worthless because you have no experience. You're too stupid to understand that though.

You tried to shore up your opinion from what you heard on a TV show. You admitted this much and now you seem upset that I remind others of that FACT.

quote:
I started out just like others did in this thread, just relating experiences and expressing opinion
YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE AND YOU ADMITTED IT! The rest is just BS. Nobody gives a rats ass about your ethics they're yours and yours alone.

quote:
Threads like this maybe, just maybe could be discussed like gentlemen

We tried that. You were in there every other post talking about everything from shooting buffalo with a 30-06 to enimas and penis size. Don't try to act like the victom here. We all know better. YOU HAVE TROLLED THIS THREAD FROM YOUR 1ST POST.

quote:
I’m embarrassed to be a part of a discussion that includes you.

And yet here you are without any ability to control yourself.

Here is what it all boils down to. YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO REAL EXPERIENCE TO DRAW FROM.

YOU HAVE NEVER SHOT A DEER WITH A .223 SO YOUR OPINION ON THE SUBJECT IS WORTHLESS.

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Just for fun, here's an excerpt from the SD big game regulations.

Deer and Antelope-Shoulder-held firearms using ammunition factory rated to produce at least 1,000 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle, and handguns using ammunition that is factory rated to produce at least 500 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle, may be used to hunt deer and antelope. Only softpoint or expanding bullets are permitted. - Most common center-fire rifle calibers meet the minimum standards. Among calibers NOT legal are: .17 Remington, .218 Bee, .22 Hornet, .25-20, .30 Carbine, .32-30, .38-40 and the .44-40

This means in a rifle I can shoot a 17 cal30 grain @4000FPS or a 25 gr @4250FPS. Sounds like I've got something to shoot for.

Or, I could put a pistol barrel 17 Remington Fireball on my extra Interarms miniX that I bought as an action only and shoot deer with it. BOOM

gunmaker
------------------
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Deer and Antelope-Shoulder-held firearms using ammunition factory rated to produce at least 1,000 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle, and handguns using ammunition that is factory rated to produce at least 500 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle, may be used to hunt deer and antelope. Only softpoint or expanding bullets are permitted. - Most common center-fire rifle calibers meet the minimum standards. Among calibers NOT legal are: .17 Remington, .218 Bee, .22 Hornet, .25-20, .30 Carbine, .32-30, .38-40 and the .44-40

This means in a rifle I can shoot a 17 cal30 grain @4000FPS or a 25 gr @4250FPS. Sounds like I've got something to shoot for.

Or, I could put a pistol barrel 17 Remington Fireball on my extra Interarms miniX that I bought as an action only and shoot deer with it. BOOM

Here we go again with big brother govt. trying to give a base line of ethics, where some have no such base line, and who will try to scheme a way around the rules. If you don't value ethics, then the best bet and safe objective substitution is to abide by the spirit and intent of the law, instead of spending time evading the letter of the law.

Either way, it's up to you. Good luck with that.

KB

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
There you go again, trying to inject your brand of ethics into someone else's life.

Of course, you must know better than everyone else.

Ackley did extensive research whacking big critters with a 17. With excellent results as well. Then again, you're not interested in results clouding your strong opinion.

gunmaker
------------------
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOL, You just feel the need to push back against the letter of the law don't you? Instead of realizing the spirit of the law, you “tilt at the windmill” like Don Quixote. What are you going to do when SD write their laws like CO? Smiler

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote