Find
Notify
Tools

Driven Boar Trip Proposal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bernardino,

my own father once said that when you know what's right and wrong in the education of a child it's too late. Maybe this is the reason why grandparents treat their grandchildren always differently...

Best regards and good luck with your project,
Dirk

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Bernardino
I do not know if you spoke about the happy event during the hunting and I'm sorry if I missed, congratulations to you and to the happy parents.
do a good job with him, grandPas some time work better with the nephews than with theyr own sons.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Bernardino, congratulations on the grandson.

Quote from my mother "we love our grandchildren, we should have had them first..."

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Hi guys

I suppose you are right.

Correct stock fitting for a sporting rifle is pointless ...........

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
London Hunter -- sorry you took my post the wrong way. It must be my style of writing. I was very disappointed when I couldn't make the trip and my frustration must have shown

What I was hoping to hear about the trip were some of the details of the organization, how the days were spent and, of course, how the participants fared.

With respect to shooting practice let me suggest you try a Sporting Clays Range and just shoot the bouncing Rabbit/Hare target using the tightest chokes you have. It would be even better if you could book the range for a small group and put out boxes etc to set up shooting lanes to limit shot placement.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Thank you George for the suggestion for using sporting clay range as practice.

I have NO problems AT ALL with my croatia hunt or shots on this trip.

I fired in total 03 shots and shots 02 pigs. I did not miss anything. But thats not the point at all that I am trying to make.

For your information I am a semi-professional clay competitor and I compete at international level and I practice 05 days a week. I have competeted against the U.S. at Kerville and F Benning.

I can assure you sporting clay is a doodle as compared to what I shoot on a daily basis.

Lets just enjoy our hunting my friend.

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
LH

i cant seem to remember do you have a driven pig/deer range in london still ?

if not mate, come to copenhagen we have one 5 min from the airport, i will meet you there with a few guns and we can have a fun day at the range, that is if im not in london working Smiler .
it looked like you guy's had a brilliant time and i curse my busted knee for keeping me away from the fun stuff.

my favorite pig guns are always doubles (of course) either in 9,3 x 74 or 12 gauge rifled and the 12's gets the nod most of the time, But with paradox loads etc. the lead time is a lot different from your rifles, and need some getting use to.

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:
For your information I am a semi-professional clay competitor and I compete at international level and I practice 05 days a week. I have competeted against the U.S. at Kerville and F Benning.

I can assure you sporting clay is a doodle as compared to what I shoot on a daily basis.

I have a question, Off subject I know but I hope its allowed.
Whats a semi-professional clay competitor?

I have met a number of the top flight clay shooters over the years, many have been selected to represent their countries at international level, all have full time jobs. OK a very small number work in the shooting industry as coaches etc. But none could sustain a living from their competition winnings, sponsorship deals and none of them would refer to themselves as semi-professional. Even more so since the Sports Council cut the funding to the international shooting sports competitors.

I hope you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

TM

Posts: 76 | Location: England | Registered: 22 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At my usual shooting range, a well made "running boar" machine is available; what a pity that I didn't mind to train Roll Eyes.....but I've learned my lesson!

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to say that Shooting in England is in shambles. I pressume you live in England correct?

As you know the funding has been cut virtually to an unsustainable level. Sponsorship is worthless other than by a casual mention in aadvertisement.

Profesional shooters are NOT given the proper recignition that they have spent time to train for their country and fight in the international arena.

There are however a number of countries that reward their shooters well in financial terms and in sponsorship deals.

Shooters if they can qualify will have regnonition + repsect within their society.

Fortunately this is true in my case. I don't want to splash my personal details here so I will stop here.

For that reason for years you have not come across this term depsite meeting your natioanl shooters.

I train with quite a few current GB shooters and I know if the chance arises they are very happy to do a Z Budd. Do you remember her?

Do you have professional and semi-profesional golfers in the UK?

That's because it is politially correct.

I do not see that coming in the coming decade after Dunblane and Hungerford.

Sad sad state of affairs.

Look at 2012 they have not even decided with one voice where the venue is going to be. Everybody have their own hidden agenda behind where they support. How can the shooters get proper incomce from their sponsorship ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am sorry to say that Shooting in England is in shambles. I pressume you live in England correct?

As you know the funding has been cut virtually to an unsustainable level. Sponsorship is worthless other than by a casual mention in aadvertisement.

Profesional shooters are NOT given the proper recignition that they have spent time to train for their country and fight in the international arena.

There are however a number of countries that reward their shooters well in financial terms and in sponsorship deals.

Shooters if they can qualify will have regnonition + repsect within their society.

Fortunately this is true in my case. I don't want to splash my personal details here so I will stop here.

For that reason for years you have not come across this term depsite meeting your natioanl shooters.

I train with quite a few current GB shooters and I know if the chance arises they are very happy to do a Z Budd. Do you remember her?

Look at 2012 they have not even decided with one voice where the venue is going to be. Everybody have their own hidden agenda behind where they support. How can the shooters get proper incomce from their sponsorship ?

You're not the only one sorry that competitive shooting sports in the UK are shambolick (sp). Yes I live in England. I'm not sure that funding is related to sustainability, but I am aware that it has been slashed to a point that makes it totally insignificant. Some of the shooters I know that are sponsored get assistance with some costs, this assistance varies from sponsor to sponsor and from sport to sport. I certainly don't consider a casual mention in some advert sponsorship.
Are there such things as professional shooter here in the UK? Other than the guys deployed at the leading shooting schools? Whether you would classify them as professional shooters rather than coaches is a debatable point. I take it that you are not british, don't shoot for any of the home nations, and do get financial remuneration for your time spent pulling the trigger? A nice state to find oneself in. The name londonhunter was a bit of a miss lead in my assumptions. An easy enough mistake to make by someone from a long but undistinguished line of Englishmen.

Yes I do know who Zola Budd is, Although I'm pretty sure she's now married and no longer going under the name Budd.. No one could have ever accused her of not being a female. Hopefully she's not now some 110kg pipe smoker called Nigel.

As far as I am aware we have professional and amateur golfers here in the UK. In order to play in the PGA tournaments you have to hold a PGA card, and have passed the PGA qualifying criteria, which I believe is achieving a certain performance level in their qualifying tournaments. There are some golfers that hold a PGA card and have achieved the required performance levels that are not employed full time in the golf industry, and have other employment. Whether they would consider themselves and the golf industry would deem them to be semi-pro I wouldn't know. I don't think political correctness has a lot to do with it either.

You did not see what coming this decade after Dunblaine and Hungerford? Semi professional golfers or firearm ownership becoming pc? You've lost me a little there.

I agree the draconian, knee jerk laws regarding the ownership and usage of firearms in the UK is a very sad state of affairs but one that we as a body of firearm owners and users have to take some ownership for. To a degree, we allowed it to happen. As a mass we allowed the politicians to isolate and pick off the most vulnerable elements of our sports. The Aussies have just allowed the same thing to happen over the ownership of semi auto's. It makes you wonder what would have happened if we had had a powerfull political lobby such as the USA's NRA. Now that would be a discussion and a half.

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Mix:
quote:

You're not the only one sorry that competitive shooting sports in the UK are shambolick (sp). Yes I live in England. I'm not sure that funding is related to sustainability, but I am aware that it has been slashed to a point that makes it totally insignificant. Some of the shooters I know that are sponsored get assistance with some costs, this assistance varies from sponsor to sponsor and from sport to sport. I certainly don't consider a casual mention in some advert sponsorship.
Are there such things as professional shooter here in the UK? Other than the guys deployed at the leading shooting schools? Whether you would classify them as professional shooters rather than coaches is a debatable point. I take it that you are not british, don't shoot for any of the home nations, and do get financial remuneration for your time spent pulling the trigger? A nice state to find oneself in. The name londonhunter was a bit of a miss lead in my assumptions. An easy enough mistake to make by someone from a long but undistinguished line of Englishmen.

Yes I do know who Zola Budd is, Although I'm pretty sure she's now married and no longer going under the name Budd.. No one could have ever accused her of not being a female. Hopefully she's not now some 110kg pipe smoker called Nigel.

As far as I am aware we have professional and amateur golfers here in the UK. In order to play in the PGA tournaments you have to hold a PGA card, and have passed the PGA qualifying criteria, which I believe is achieving a certain performance level in their qualifying tournaments. There are some golfers that hold a PGA card and have achieved the required performance levels that are not employed full time in the golf industry, and have other employment. Whether they would consider themselves and the golf industry would deem them to be semi-pro I wouldn't know. I don't think political correctness has a lot to do with it either.

You did not see what coming this decade after Dunblaine and Hungerford? Semi professional golfers or firearm ownership becoming pc? You've lost me a little there.

I agree the draconian, knee jerk laws regarding the ownership and usage of firearms in the UK is a very sad state of affairs but one that we as a body of firearm owners and users have to take some ownership for. To a degree, we allowed it to happen. As a mass we allowed the politicians to isolate and pick off the most vulnerable elements of our sports. The Aussies have just allowed the same thing to happen over the ownership of semi auto's. It makes you wonder what would have happened if we had had a powerfull political lobby such as the USA's NRA. Now that would be a discussion and a half.

Do you like Indian food?

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Mix:
quote:

Do you like Indian food?

A some what irrelevant question given the subject matter. But I'll play along. fishing

That would depend upon what your definition of Indian food is.

If its what passes for Indian cuisine in 99.999% of the eateries here in the UK then the answer would be not really.

Are you intimating that our "semi professional competitive shooter" is sponsored by a chain of curry houses? I can imagine it now, as he purposefully strides to the first stand, the Pearl and Dean music starts, followed by the crackly commentary "eat at the Bengal Lancer. Just 5 minute from this shooting ground." Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same prick, different day.....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian

I couldn't possibly comment.

You obviously know some people far better than I do.

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Why dont we get back to the original topic of driven boar guys

Tom Mix what kind of hunting do you enjoy and where about are your hunting grounds ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some pics as promised.

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like your second photo down. Very atmospheric!
I never been much of a fan of the ubiquitous hunter and dead animal photo's. Yes its a dead deer, yes its a dead pig, yes its a dead elephant.

Looking at your leading photo it seems you trip was a meeting of the league of national. I like the touch with the cook wearing his white apron in the middle of the forest. Pity about the battered trilby.

I'm sure I'm not along in getting the jitters when I see everybody wearing hi-viz day glow oragnge vests. It of makes me want to go and stand behind the biggest tree I can find. Pronto!.

Can you tell me what the guy in the woolly hat does with his ski poles?

The black and tan dog in the background of your 5th photo looks a right bruiser. Very similar to the type used in Oz and N Zealand by the guys who hunt feral pig and stick em with big knives. Not my idea of fun but each to his own.

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

First of all I'd congratulate to our member for becoming a grand dad.
I hope that Lucas will join us one day in a future. Wink

Thank you guys so much for making an effort to visit Croatia and coping with fog, fast boar ect.
It was a pleasure to meet you all and to share all your traditional drinks to keep us stronger and braver beer
I've learned many new things from you and thanks for understanding some of the issues we encountered there.
I have to admit that I was stressed most of the time during our hunt or in the night before hunts because I wanted the best for you, however, you made this trip a success. There were some issues with fast boar, bad shots, weather, small group of guns... but in the evening everything was right. Grappa and Madrinho helped Big Grin (please tell me how to spell it properly).
Some had more chances than the others and some were luckier. That's the way it is and it should be, unpredictable game with many jokes.
They found 5 wounded boar after we left which is good and say how tough boar can be.

I've finished all my groups for November and last group took 43+ boar in the mountain in 3 days. The ratio was 1:8 but everyone had a great fun. It's shame that I can get this every time.

Now is time for me to prepare myself for next groups.

All the best to all of you wherever you go and in next 500 years of dead boar dancing

No ZURICK, only girls we need.

Hunting is a lifestyle more than anything else. http://www.artemis-hunting.com/

Posts: 199 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Inácio
posted Hide Post
Tomo
The drink Portuguese is MEDRONHO.
Boars were injured or killed? jumping
The dead were mine, the injured do not know ....
clap

I am always hunting

Posts: 31 | Location: V.N. Milfontes- Portugal | Registered: 09 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Hi just come back hunting driven boars again from the FATHERLAND.

This time in Eschau 02 days.

Results just for Eddie and DBill

Day one 11 hunters 05 pigs largest 80 ish kilograms Male with tusks the other 04 average 20 - 30 kilograms

Day Two 91 hunters 31 pigs 06 foxes No idea what the total number of shots fired - NO tusk male

I have met up with some very compatible friends.

Best quote of the hunt

We have managed to sqeeze a little into nothing.

I am packing up my boar gun for the rest of 2009 until January when I am shooting driven boar again in Slovenia.

So far This year I have shot 05 driven boar trips 02 of which with British outfits and 03 with non British Outfits.

I will reserve my conclusion until the end of the season next February.

Will report back then for results especially for DB Bill and Eddie.

Bye

You guys can start your post mortem

B.T.W. I have accepted the invitation to hunt driven moose in southern Sweeden also in Late January. WIll also report to the forum with results and league tables

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Claret_Dabbler:

I was shooting the smallest gun in the group, a 30/06, I have to say I felt seriously undergunned for the first time in my life. A 9.3 double or semi-auto have to be the best tools for this job.

This sow ran about 75m dispite taking this substantial hit to the shoulder with a 180gr 30/06:

Placement doesn't get better than that! I'd take a 30-06 and that placement over anything else every time!

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inácio:
Tomo
The drink Portuguese is MEDRONHO.
Boars were injured or killed? jumping
The dead were mine, the injured do not know ....
clap

Thanks, MEDRONHO is the word I was looking for Wink
Boar were shot but not dead, I'm sure that it's not your fault because you shoot as a hell archer

Probably Gabriel is one to blame Big Grin jumping

one of us
posted Hide Post
Happy to claim 2-3 of those boar! I'm pretty sure I clipped one on the last day actually.

Any tuskers found? I think that one was mine! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Artemis1:

.....Probably Gabriel is one to blame Big Grin jumping

He's not the only one; I clipped at least one too... Roll Eyes

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildboar:
quote:
Originally posted by Artemis1:

.....Probably Gabriel is one to blame Big Grin jumping

He's not the only one; I clipped at least one too... Roll Eyes

Easy there Lorenzo, a couple of the wounded were mine I am sure... beer

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Tomo

The way I see it is very simple.

Shall we get back together and do it all over again same time next year. Then we can settele exactly who shot shot.

HAHAHA Any excuse to come back Tomo Good one my friend.

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Benjamin,
Why the specific mention of Eddie on your previous post, alongside DB Bill?
I am sure if there were info of specific interest to me then the PM or even my E Mail address, which you have, would have served the purpose.
The message on the open forum reads a little abrupt Confused
I have just arrived back from Croatia and it was another disastrous trip, the first was in November just before yours.
I am hoping the one in January will make up for my disappointment so far this year.
The weather has been so mild and the Boar have ranged further afield from the feeding stations making it difficult for the beaters to concentrate them towards the guns.
Any taken this year have been very well earned.

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eatie:
Benjamin,
Why the specific mention of Eddie on your previous post, alongside DB Bill?
I am sure if there were info of specific interest to me then the PM or even my E Mail address, which you have, would have served the purpose.
The message on the open forum reads a little abrupt Confused
I have just arrived back from Croatia and it was another disastrous trip, the first was in November just before yours.
I am hoping the one in January will make up for my disappointment so far this year.
The weather has been so mild and the Boar have ranged further afield from the feeding stations making it difficult for the beaters to concentrate them towards the guns.
Any taken this year have been very well earned.

I'm sorry to hear that mate, I haven't managed to get out this year but wish you guys the best with those interminable pigs!

Regards,

A

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eatie - I think LH just knows that you're a real boar hunting fanatic, hence the mention!

Sorry to hear the trip was a flop - what was the bag for the three days?

I am curious about maybe combining the driven hunting with some high seat shooting?

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Ah my Eatie hunting friend

took it the wrong way as Boggy said we thought you wanted to know and I have not seen you posting for some time. No offense and also to Mr Bill

We have met so you know I am not that type or person. right ?

As I have said before all that pounding at torabora have done my head in........

HAHAH

Listen I was going to keep quiet but I would like to start a poll and a new thread about boar shooting.

I am a sucker for this kind of hunting and have went to town this year with pig hunting.

In general it has been a distrous year for a lot of my friend as well.

Can the more experience memebrs start a poll of different countries and their experience

I hope you all know what I mean

To make a generalised statement is WRONG but I am getting the feeling that a lot of places have very low pig numbers

Possible causes:

Weather
Time of year
Local diseases

My gut feeling is that a lot of places are so to say SHOT OUT

This year I have been fortunate enough to hunt pigs in

Estonia
Slovenia
Slovakia
Croatia
Germany

To be honest the numbers and sizes I am seeing are very different as compared to previous 03 years.

So I now throw this in the pot and see what you guys have to say about it.

And again Mr Eatie for the second time no offense please it's the way I post that's all.

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
It is very difficult to make decisions on whether a place is good or bad based on numbers of pigs shot.
It would be more accurate to base findings on Pigs seen as that would prove,
1, The pigs are there and
2. The beaters are doing a good job.
You could end up with a bag of half a dozen pigs with a shot count of hundreds and had a fantastic time as opposed to a bag of a couple of dozen pigs with only a couple of dozen shots fired. Yes a good bag but not quite as enjoyable as the first trip with a low bag.
It is also difficult to say an Estate is 'shot out' as the Estates are so vast.
What has really happened is that the groups have moved miles away from the area you have been taken to.
This year is a typical example of that.
I have been to areas where the feeders have been used, wallows have been fresh, tree rubbing has been visible, grass and roots have been turned up and tracks fresh.
The beaters even started the drive a few miles away but still not been able to find them.
The pigs move farther afield in mild weather.
They can travell quite some distance and being gregarious, will quite happily move into another area and join another group for a while before moving on again as long as there is food available.
All I can say is, roll on the cold and snow and hope the pigs will stay home Big Grin
High seat shooting takes place all year round but mainly during the summer because it is more controlled where selected animals can be shot leaving Sows with their young and selected Boar can be shot based on age and numbers.
A bit like shooting fish in a barrel Big Grin
I will certainly be looking for other places with no trophy fees, I may even go back to my previous agent in Poland.
The higher price may be worth it if it ensures more pigs are put in front of the guns Wink

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tomo

The way I see it is very simple.

Shall we get back together and do it all over again same time next year. Then we can settele exactly who shot shot.

HAHAHA Any excuse to come back Tomo Good one my friend.

Hi Benji,
I think we shall do it all over again to find out who makes the mess beside Gabriel hahahha.
Good luck on your next trips and cross your fingers for me.
I still have a few groups and many pigs around which should be taken out.
stay well my friend

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boghossian:
Happy to claim 2-3 of those boar! I'm pretty sure I clipped one on the last day actually.

Any tuskers found? I think that one was mine! Big Grin

Brian's and mine tuskers weren't found.
Next time I'll give you a stick to avoid clipping rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi Eddy,
Sorry for your bad luck but unfortunately 2009. maybe it's not your year after all. Lets hope that you'll have more luck in 2010.
I know that I'll try hard as all people involved in our hunt. Pigs are regular at my ground and they are there. The problem is to guess where they sleep at the time of a drive and how good is shooting line.
Also the weather is still too warm which doesn't help but so far all the hunts finished successfully especially in the hills.

one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

For you all, pig lovers, here is a glimpse of a magnificent boar killed by a friend of mine in a "montaria" two days ago (Dez/08). I was there but had no luck.

http://img98.imageshack.us/i/i...029200912081536.jpg/

Is this a boar or what?

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Feeding is tough and the boar are munching on rocks, that is a tough animal!

B - I hope you're well and the nipper is coming on well! Won't be long until he is on the peg with you.

one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boghossian:
Feeding is tough and the boar are munching on rocks, that is a tough animal!

And that is after being dead. Now imagine how tough he must have been while alive! Compared to these iberian boars croatian ones are really sissies (to much grain!).

Young Lucas is coming fine, thanks. I think I will not wait until May to pay him a visit!

Regards

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just found this site and thread and think that it is wonderful.

I have never been on a driven boar hunt, but hope to experience it in the not too distant future. I do shot running whitetail deer in the Northeast USA at similar ranges. For what ever it is worth, I offer my two cents worth on short range instinctive rifle shooting on running game.

For me, a rifle has to fit just like a fitted shotgun. Throw it up quickly just like a shotgun, with your eyes closed. When you open them, you should be looking at the center of the scope. If not, quick instinctive shooting will not be possible. Move, mount, shoot, just like shotgun shooting is only possible with a properly fitting gun. That does not mean custom fitting is required. Just care in choosing a gun and scope mount that fits.

For me, a facory gun with a high comb, and very low scope mount is necessary. A relatively low powered scope mounted in extra low rings is called for. Extra low Leupold, Conetrol, rings, or an appropriately mounted Griffin & Howe side mount work. Any thing higher, and I end up initially looking under the scope and quick shooting is not possible.

Posts: 84 | Location: Eastern USA | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On another question raised, Zola Budd is alive and still running. An article in a US running magazine recently described her comepeting in an event against a number of elite US univeristy women runners who had no idea who she was. She ran away from them and won the event, even though now middle aged.

Posts: 84 | Location: Eastern USA | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote