One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
quote:
Originally posted by Artemis1:
Hi guys,

Please confirm your bookings until 10.03.

Best regards and have a good weekend,

Tomo
Understand, you need confirmation by 10.03. Is that 10 March or is that October 3?

10.of March Wink

Hunting is a lifestyle more than anything else. http://www.artemis-hunting.com/

Posts: 199 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
I'm interested, but wich is the deposit date? hope later than 10-March-2009, and which is the deposit amount?

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Malinverni:
I'm interested, but wich is the deposit date? hope later than 10-March-2009, and which is the deposit amount?

Sorry for the late response but I was to busy these days.
Deposit should be paid cca 1. May but more details I'll have in mid March. I'm not in the rush.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys - while we wait for full deposit details etc, here are some pictures from my trip in January. Temperatures were as low as -15 celcius.

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Pics from previous year

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think it will be so snowy in November where we are going!

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Very Viceral that last photo, evocative of.....you know I don't know exactly.

Cat?

Regards,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A question!

What caliber ammunition is available in Croatia?

.300 WSM (Short Magnum) ?
.350 Remington Magnum ?

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm 100% on-board and counting the days until November...... and I suggest we need a prize for the 1st boar, the largest boar and the smallest piggie shot. All we need is a sponsor to provide hats.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm on board too.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great news guys - we have about 10/12 people that are firmly committed. Still room for a few more before we pay deposits...
Should be a great laugh - I can't wait for winter to come back sometimes!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Count me in! dancing

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Ok guys, count me in also ... Smiler

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Count me in.
And speeking in behalf of my hunting friends "Inácio", "fcaim" and "coutinho", count them in too!

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Inácio
posted Hide Post
let's go

Inácio

I am always hunting

Posts: 31 | Location: V.N. Milfontes- Portugal | Registered: 09 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
I'm very happy that you are coming to Croatia with us. Unfortunately, my intrernet connection is very bad while I'm hunting brown bear with my American client in Croatia.
So far, bear vs us, 3:0 and we hope that the weather will help us in next few days.
I'll check the estates for our driven boar trip to make better decission where to take you. We'll do everything we can to make your trip good and successful.
300WSM ammo is available in Croatia but I don't know which make.
Best regards to all of you,
Tomo

posted Hide Post
I am seeing an excellent group of hunters, best regards for everybody, and... Croatia there we go.)

fcaim

Posts: 6 | Location: Vila Nova de Milfontes/Portugal | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fcaim:
I am seeing an excellent group of hunters

We'll count how many shots per boar before deciding that! Cool

posted Hide Post
ok, So it's better to take a lot of ammunition Big Grin

fcaim

Posts: 6 | Location: Vila Nova de Milfontes/Portugal | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
quote:
ok, So it's better to take a lot of ammunition

Only if you are not a very good shot!! Big Grin

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gabriel, would you post the list of the (so far) committed AR fellows?

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
b.martins
Inácio
fcaim
coutinho
Steve Malinverni
Wildboar
Ghubert
Claret Dabler
Cohannon
Peterdk
DB Bill

and of course, the man himself...BOGHOSSIAN.

Please let me know if I have omitted to add anyone to this list.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Only if you are not a very good shot!!

Depending on the target size and the distance that i'm from it. Eeker

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Fcaim,
You'll have plenty of targets fairly close but when the big one comes you'll find it harder to hit than the real close ones.
You'll wish you had an Automatic Rifle with full auto!!! Smiler

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to my travel agent today and she told me that a ban has been placed on traveling thru England to several countries, including Croatia, if you have firearms as checked luggage so it looks like I will need to travel thru Frankfurt and join the group in Croatia.

She also told me that the ban would apply to British citizens as well and that they would not be able to take personal firearms into Croatia..... she's a very experienced travel agent specializing in hunter's and she sounded very sure of her information. Has anyone else heard about this and if so, what have you heard?

DB Bill aka Bill George

posted Hide Post
Eatie,
I agree with you, just because the target is close and big, it doesn't mean that's an easy shot, that's why boar unting is so fascinating to me. thumb

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fcaim:
Eatie,
I agree with you, just because the target is close and big, it doesn't mean that's an easy shot, that's why boar unting is so fascinating to me. thumb

Fcaim, ask "Londonhunter" about the boar I shot at 2.5m back in January, he had a great view of it. I was literally shooting down at a 45 degree angle it was so close.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scorching them with the muzzle blast can really be stimulating thumb--- especially if that's as close as they get.

Did you ever think of mounting a bayonet to keep them at a distance? Roll Eyes

DB Bill aka Bill George

one of us
posted Hide Post
DB Bill,
you should not be too much ironic, I know people who hunts Wild Boars with SKS rifle, that has the bayonet incorporated,
I know a hunter who lost the sight cover in the mouth of a Wild boar, shooting at it while it was biting the muzzle. He litterally said that he wants to install a bayonet on his Browning BAR.

Another one risked to be castrated in the last reaction of a big boar, while the huntter was going to finish it.

This year a hunter is dead because the wild boar attack.
Maybe a long bayonet or a spear .................

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

One of Us
Picture of Inácio
posted Hide Post
It is war is war, the animals have a right to defend itself and attack.

Inácio

I am always hunting

Posts: 31 | Location: V.N. Milfontes- Portugal | Registered: 09 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

So far the grou[p size look good and I feel good too Cool For the last 2 weeks I have had a plenty of time to check the grounds ect. It looks good so far and I've seen plenty of piglets.

I've spoken to the Croatian authorities regarding rifle/ammo importation and they haven't heard anything about ban. Maybe is something messed up because my English client used his rifle in Croatia last week on boar.

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
It is very sad situation for AC web site so if anyone knows how to pay a membership please let me know. killpc

I spent a few weeks in Croatia and everything looks good so far. Plenty of small piglets are running around and the woods are full of tracks and boar.
Hopefully it will stay like this until we come

one of us
posted Hide Post
Remember it's April 1st --- April Fool's Day!

I suspect Saeed would probably pay us to use the site --- he must get a lot of entertainment from reading many of the posts.

DB Bill aka Bill George

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
That was a good joke. At first I almost paid "EMIR" package rotflmao
I was joking but at the first moment I was Eeker

Anyway, if they need help.... diggin

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, just bought an O/U double rifle & shotgun combo from an English chap that was with Tomo last November. His party of 17 guns had 30 boar between them and he reckons it could have been more if they had settled in sooner. Sounds promising .... Smiler

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice one Cohannon, what caliber rifle? Do you know what scope is going on there?

I am torn between taking my 270 (again) or buying a semi-auto shotgun. The shot opportunities were really fast and furious on one drive - the gun to my left with an 8 shot benelli was having a ball! I may just take the .375 CZ that has been sitting quietly in the safe for a year now....
Decisions, decisions!

Cheers

Gabriel

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Very much a budget outfit to be "Paddy proof" Gabriel. A Finn Classic 512 O/U 12 bore with a set of .308 barrels and a QD 30mm scope mount. Tomo mentioned useing red dot sights which is worth looking into or I may just work with the basic irons and instictive shooting. They make 9.3x74R barrels for the Finn Classic and also for the forerunner, the Valmet 412, which apparently are inter-changeable. Now if anybody knows where to find a set of those puppies at the right price I would be very interested. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW, what about the meat? Does it belong to the hunters or to the estate? Just curious, since bringing the meat to home would probably cause more problems than benefit.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As with most (all?) overseas hunts - the meat belongs to the estate.

Never had someone ask to take some home, but maybe Tomo can arrange it for you?

He also can arrange taxidermy if you take a big one. If not, they just give you the tusks before you leave.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not likely It's unlikely Gabriel, it was just a curiosity; furthermore this thread was asleep and it was time to wake it up Big Grin