Driven Boar Trip Proposal
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luv2safari:
Tomo,

I've been lurking, also. Most in the US don't have any sort of rifle license or proof of ownership. Will the usual US Customs Form we get before taking international flights work?

Hi fella!

If you need an answer in a hurry may i suggest you use the email link given earlier in the thread, I understand that Tommo is very busy at the moment and he may not check this page as regularly as he would like to.

Go to the source thumb

Regards,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Amir! Wink

DB...We have a small community where every vote counts. It should be easy to get a letter and thanks for the suggestion.

Bruce

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Amir,
I'm very busy at the moment and I can't be here regularly. Wink

All my clients from USA rent my rifles/guns and that's easy to sort out but if you plan to take your rifle to Croatia they'll need proof which says the make, cal. and serial no of your rifle. Also on that document has to be on your name.

In Europe every hunter has to have a license to carry a rifle. I'd like to know how it works in the USA because buying a weapon is not easy for us here.

Posts: 199 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the USA, if you can legally buy a shotgun or rifle, you may hunt with it assuming you have the proper hunting license.

There are restrictions that vary from State to State on how you may transport firearms but that's about it.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Gabe/Amir,
What an opportunity I have missed. I have already booked one in November and another in December with another agent so will not be able to join you on this one. Such a shame as I'm sure you will have more luck, whoa! what I meant to say was, that you will see more Boar, if you hit them is something else!!!! lol

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post

let the good times(pigs) roll

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Oh well if it's pictures you want here goes.
First drive first day Croatia.

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
And here's the result of the first day BUT it was not a very big bag but we, not I, used forty shots so all in all it was't a bad day at all.

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Here's some more, one is a good one the other is blocked by 'some gert bloke' standing in the way, guess who that is!!!

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Can you guess?

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
It's Tommo, Discussing with Davy who's the next one to be chucked on the fire!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi Eatie,

I remember that hunt really well Wink
As I can see I am the only one without orange cloth. Last January Dave shot a big beast. Overall in whole season we got 13 or 15 medal trophies. I missed the biggest one CRYBABY

Hunting is a lifestyle more than anything else. http://www.artemis-hunting.com/

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Grenadier thanks,
That would be enough for sure. It has o have all the details about rifle: make,cal. and serial no.

posted Hide Post
Hi everybody, what an excellent initiative of going to hunt boars to Croatia. Congratulations to the one how had this great idea. November could be tomorrow.

PS: BgMatins, what do you think what’s for lunch?

FCAIM

Posts: 6 | Location: Vila Nova de Milfontes/Portugal | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can just about see myself in the camo hat! Happy days.

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Hi Gabe,
I don't seem to have any of you but here's a few you may recognise.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures Ed, I wish you could come as you know it'll be a good time.

Perhaps we should have a quick rundown on people who think they can make it on this trip? Bearing in mind Tomo will be asking for deposits at some point (Tomo please confirm when this will be).

At least we will know whether we have enough of a group to pursue this further....

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Hi Gabe,
Unfortunately I tend to go for the shooting as anindividual so do not take part in the drinking side of these trips so as a result I do not get to know anybody well enough to remember them by name let alone keep in touch.
There is of course the odd exception, I don't think I'll forget Amir in a hurry but again I have no contact details, a bit like yourself as well really.
Perhaps all those that have showed Interest could append their names and you could then approach them individually for more details.
I have two trips booked and offered deposits but have been told to wait until I get the 'Invitation to shoot with full details' and send it then, which will be about April.
I hope you do get a group together then you can be the 'Shoot Captain' and take all the flack when the dinner is late/beer is warm/ no pigs etc etc!!!!lol

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention, It might be a good idea for Tommo to update his webb site so that anybody that shows interest could be pointed in that direction for more details. I am thinking particularly of our overseas friends.
It might be worth a mention when you next speak to him.
ATB
Eddy T McC

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope you do get a group together then you can be the 'Shoot Captain' and take all the flack when the dinner is late/beer is warm/ no pigs etc etc!!!!lol

Um - that is what Mr. Tomo Svetic was invented for!

Either way I will go boar hunting this year, just thought it would be great to do it with some AR boys this year.

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Gabe,
Has Amir not got the contact details of the gang that went to Germany in January. I believe he said they were a crowd from on here and compared to the trip to Germany, Croatia would win hands down.
I don't think the ones that went to Germany, at least not all of them anyway, really knew what to expect but they did appear to enjoy themselves.
From my experience of Croatia, they would think they were in 'Hunter Heaven' or whatever place their respective denomination has, if they compared it to that trip.

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Eddie, I seem to remember Amir struggled to surface on Sunday morning after spending Saturday night / Sunday wee hours in the bar with you?

You seemed pretty fresh for an old boy though... Wink

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Brian,
It was purely educational. I was teaching Amir how to Drink German and he tried to teach me how to be a Gentleman !!!
Drink German!!! I meant to say speak german beer

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
well im still up for this trip, anybody else

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm about 90% and just trying to tie up some loose ends here at home -- should know soon.

I'm not much of a drinker myself so any others who don't will have someone with whom to share a hunting story or two.

P.S. My paternal grandfather was a Welsh miner who came to America, with his new bride. a long time ago.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boghossian:
Perhaps we should have a quick rundown on people who think they can make it on this trip? Bearing in mind Tomo will be asking for deposits at some point (Tomo please confirm when this will be).

At least we will know whether we have enough of a group to pursue this further....

Fair enough!
You can start a list and add my name and those of my friends (“Inácio” and “fcaim”) to it.
And let’s hear from Tomo when are we supposed to confirm our presence by making a deposit.

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Bog,
will you be at the Eu Hunt 2009 in Baldock during the week end?

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No sorry - have non-hunting plans.

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Providing I'm not incapacitated, I intend to come.

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eatie:
Brian,
It was purely educational. I was teaching Amir how to Drink German and he tried to teach me how to be a Gentleman !!!
Drink German!!! I meant to say speak german beer

Oh so that was the theory!

I confess to having a bit of difficulty working out the reason for me being forced to drink a double of jagermeister with every round of beer.

You have my details via pm. stay in touch mate Wink

You never did get round to telling me where one may purchase such a fetching hat by the way...

Regards,

Amir

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
me too, but I'll be there to meet AR people and make photos. I am really interested, but so long time to November...
Happy to meet you if you come

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

Please confirm your bookings until 10.03.
From 7.-18. March I'll be in Croatia with my clients hunting a brown bear so Bog will be in charge to talk to. I'll send him more details about hunt in a day or two.
He will have my details to contact me ect.

Best regards and have a good weekend,

Tomo

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
I have to say this.

In last couple of weeks some people asked me about some too cheap offers in Craotia on driven boar.

Yes, there are some irresponsible people (in the UK we call them cowboys as I've been told) and one of them is Croatian.

If you see these proposals which includes:
-lamping
-driven boar between February and October
-600 pounds for 3-4 days ect.

DO NOT believe a word because it's not true and it's illegal. There is no such a hunt and there is plenty of mine fields in some parts of Croatia so plese be careful. Some people are prepared to do anything to gain a few pounds.

I'm working on this with authorities in Croatia and they are prepared. Croatia doesn't need bad press or unsatisfied turists.

Stay well beer

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
As Tommo says, but then it is pretty well known the Boar are either heavily pregnant or with young during February to October.
Driven shooting is forbidden as the targets are too fast for correct identification (sometime!) and pregnat Boar can be harmed when chased by dogs and beaters.
The only Boar normally shot during that period are shot selectively and that is normally done from High seats over feeding stations.
There are exceptions, where unacceptable damage to crops is found but that cannot be known of in advance so cannot be advertised as a shooting trip and is normally sorted by the local club.
I know of two reputable Agents that operate in Croatia, you already know one of them! and both only offer Driven Boar in Winter.

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eatie:
As Tommo says, but then it is pretty well known the Boar are either heavily pregnant or with young during February to October.
Driven shooting is forbidden as the targets are too fast for correct identification (sometime!) and pregnat Boar can be harmed when chased by dogs and beaters.
The only Boar normally shot during that period are shot selectively and that is normally done from High seats over feeding stations.
There are exceptions, where unacceptable damage to crops is found but that cannot be known of in advance so cannot be advertised as a shooting trip and is normally sorted by the local club.
I know of two reputable Agents that operate in Croatia, you already know one of them! and both only offer Driven Boar in Winter.

That's right Eddy. Wink

Unfortunately, in the UK is lots of guys who never tried this type of hunting so they are the best target for scums.

one of us
posted Hide Post
March Big Grin

Will ask Tomo if this is the date for deposits as that is a bit early for a definitive answer I understand. I just want to know if there are enough interested parties to book the dates and confirm the hunt. 13-15 hunters would be ideal and allow us to hunt the bigger drives.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm really interested, even if not 100% sure; it rather depends on another AR member's thought, since we should go together to Croatia by car.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is he called Steve by any chance? Big Grin
Just pester him some more.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote