Find
Notify
Tools

Driven Boar Trip Proposal
 Login/Join

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Wildboar,
The only time I have heard of meat being taken home was on a couple of hunts in Poland and that was in your stomach!!
The hunts I have been on in Poland have finished early on the third day and we have been treated to a BBQ at the hunters Lodge.
The first time it happened I thought we were being 'short changed' by finishing early on the third day but when we got to their Lodge and saw the spread that was laid on - Wow it was fantastic.
It was a Boar that was shot on the first day and had been roasting for ages, it was all washed down with Polish Vodka.
At the end of the Party some of us went back to the Beaters houses to meet their families and see what they did in their spare time. Some were painters and some made wooden ornaments, it was fantastic.
That was the only time I have heard of the Boar being made available for the hunters, to take home in their stomachs!! clap

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Sometime I bought the game that I have hunted in Hungary. mainly phasans, hares and oe deers. But tha difference was that for 1 or two animals it was a reasonable risk.
For more animals there were to pay a little amount to have the game shipped to Italy in a frigo Truck, with al the bureucratic pactices managed by the organizator.

It was/is possible to manage the requests because the clients were/are Italians.
It probaly very difficult to manage a European Distribution or an overseas shipment. Too expensive.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
I know 50% of the enjoyment is the thrill of the hunt and 50% enjoyment is the meal from the game taken but in this case the second 50% enjoyment will be the taken with the company!!! Smiler

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

So far I had only 1 request from my client to take some meat home. The problem is the EU law about food regulations ect. We always intend to eat game we shot but we are not allowed to give any meat to our clients to take it out of Cro.
The risk of taking meat can be very expensive at border. I know a few who took a risk and nothing happened but I wouldn't try.

Hunting is a lifestyle more than anything else. http://www.artemis-hunting.com/

Posts: 199 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Someone I know brought a haunch off a wild boar he shot in Austria back.
If he had been caught at arrivals in the airport I am sure he would have been hung from a gibbet for the crows to pick his eyes out !
It is a real big no no to bring unprocessed wild meat across any EU border. Swinefever is one that crosses my mind,a particular worm in pork meat is another.
A guest of mine from Sweden proudly presented me with some roe venison,moose steaks and unbelievably some whale meat he got in Norway.All still frozen and delicious when cooked but I was flabbergasted.
Just look at those signs as you enter the Customs hall next time.The fines make the Lotto look insignicant !!

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Just came across an article in an old copy of Sporting Rifle re Croatian boar hunting Apparently an ITV team from Meridian television made a documentary featuring Tomo's outfit Artemis Hunting early 2008 and screened it on their network Easter Monday 08. Has anybody got contacts in Meridian or know how to obtain an archive DVD? .... Smiler

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
What’s the status on this boar hunt? Have we given up on it or is it still on?

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys - it is still very much on!

Tomo gave me a call earlier this week on his return from Croatia and should be emailing/PM out more information to each member that expressed interest so that we can get the logistics sorted out.

Please go ahead and PM him your email address and tell him to stop hunting roe deer constantly!

Can't wait for those frosty mornings! I might bring my CZ .375H&H this year, it is sitting in the safe unused....

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for those frosty mornings! I might bring my CZ .375H&H this year, it is sitting in the safe unused....
Ho Ho Ho Gabe, I am there the week before you so I'll make sure I leave you a couple to use it on.

That was light herated banter, I am there the week before your trip but nowhere near your hunting ground. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Too bad Ed, would have been good to catch up. Are you taking your multi-coloured .308?

Will give you a ring next time I'm in your neck of the woods.

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Ha Ha Multi crayoned more like!!!
Yes I take that everywhere, just change the bullet weight for the different species.
I'm clearing my cupboard out and have decided to get rid of a couple of Remmies, a Vls in .243 and a 700 Bdl Sporter in .308
The thing is tho' once I see a space I'll start looking for something else to fill it!!
I'm already thinking of a Sako85 in 30-06 Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eatie:
Ha Ha Multi crayoned more like!!!
Yes I take that everywhere, just change the bullet weight for the different species.
I'm clearing my cupboard out and have decided to get rid of a couple of Remmies, a Vls in .243 and a 700 Bdl Sporter in .308
The thing is tho' once I see a space I'll start looking for something else to fill it!!
I'm already thinking of a Sako85 in 30-06 Roll Eyes

A 30.06 and that hat will see you right for anything you want to hunt mate thumb

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
I've still got some old brass and the dies etc from when I had one before so I am half way there already Cool

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eatie:
I've still got some old brass and the dies etc from when I had one before so I am half way there already Cool

Good stuff Eddy!

You and I can form a merry band of 30.06 Chinese water deer shooters!

ATB,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was so sure about my favourite driven hunt rifle, a BAR cal. 300WM, until 3 days ago, when I met this nice CZ 550 cal. 9.3x62 in a BIG gun shop in Milano.

The price was tempting.....I couldn't resist Big Grin. By the way, in the meantime I met for the first time the AR member Steve Malinverni, with whom I will travel to Croatia next november. Monday I will go to the range and make some tests.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the same model as my .375. A very 'beefy' feel to it, are you planning on scoping it? The express sights are well made and I'm tempted to bring it like this.

one of us
posted Hide Post
CZ 375HH and bigger calibers are based on a heavier frame; my 9.3 weighs 3.35kg, while your .375 should weigh 4.3/4.4 kg. I've just ordered a Warne QD 30 mm. ring set from Brownells; I will very likely install an Aimpoint 9000, that is, IMO, better/faster than any scope up to 100 meters, or rather, 95% of the common driven hunt situations (here).

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
OK guys, lots of good chat and rapore. Can we get down to brass tacks and someone tell me who is collecting the deposits and what the format is for confirmed bookings, carrier ex London, flight times etc. It is long past time these matters were sorted ... Smiler

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

My official e-mail dosn't work at the moment because my web site is under construction.

You can send me e-mail on artemissvetic9@googlemail.com or on PM here.

You can find more details here:
The Accurate Reloading 3 days driven boar hunt for 19.-23.2009. will be organised in Eastern part of Croatia 2.5 hours driving from the airport. Once when the deposits are paid and flights details arranged we will find the best meeting point. The estate has been hunted before and yielded good bags and several large tuskers over 20cm.

If desired, the last night of the trip can be organised in a Zagreb hotel at extra 40-45 Euros. Gab you were there last time and it is only 25min driving from the airport. The hotel is 3-4 star.

The price is 1500.00€ per person (deposit is 500.00€ and the rest should be paid in Croatia) and includes:

* Return flight from London
* Pick up at airport and transport to and from hunting area

- Assistance with formalities (firearms import/Croatian hunting licence)

* Hunting permit and insurance
* Three full days driven boar shooting
* No limit on number of boar to shoot
* No limit on boar size
* No trophy charge
* Beaters
* Dogs
* Accommodation and 3 meals per hunting day
* Driving in Croatia
* Guide

The following costs are not included:

- Drinks

- Discretionary tip for the beaters

- Fee for importing a firearm costs circa €15 per gun

- Last night in Zaghreb

Guys who plan to arrange their own transport should pay 1250.00€ in total - deposit is 500.00€.

Firearm rental costs 25€ per day and a cartridge costs 2-4€ (depends on caliber and ammo brand).

There are no hidden costs. To confirm the day as a successful the minimum is 2 boar killed or 10 shots fired. If the minimum is not delivered or the hunting wasn’t possible 90€ per hunter is refunded for that day. This is not expected to happen. Every day we should have 3 drives. 3 drives per day is common or 2 longer drives at a minimum. We expect a good year and we’ll do everything to make this hunt successful and pleasant. The total bag depends on the a variety of factors including the shooting skills of the hunting party(!). Bags of over 45 boar + foxes/vermin are tallied each year but on averrage 12 boar were shot per day in November. It is non fenced area so no one can give you any guarantee but you'll see plenty of fresh tracks, feeders ect. because we manage them properly.

Every hunter should bring an Orange waist coat or hat. All the hunting rules will be explained on the first evening before the hunt. If the hunter doesn’t obey the rules or if is under influence of alcohol/drugs he’ll be left in the lodge or a car. The hunter can be banned from hunting as well and no money will be refunded.

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Please send me a PM or an E-mail to give you all the details how to pay the deposit.
Deposit should be paid until 10.06. If someone has any problem with it please to contact me.

Regards,

Tomo

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Great posting Tomo, PM sent.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
Maybe one day lady luck will smile in my direction, & I'll be on that aircraft in a flash! wave

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cohannon:
Great posting Tomo, PM sent.

Thanks beer

I really do hope that we will have good weather and even greater fun.

I'm just worried abut 375 cal. and my boar Big Grin
They won't have any chance against AR members. bewildered

I'll go every month there for 10 days at least to train them how to run fast.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys - when Tomo isn't training boar to run fast, he's very responsive to email/PM/calls.

Please don't hesitate to ask away to help you plan the trip better.

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Tommo, is it possible you could set up a paypal account and send us an invoice each for €500?

This would be a pretty convenient way for most of us to transfer Euros to you.

Just a thought.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi Brian,

I'll see with my bank for Pay Pal option but I have an internacional Bank ACC and you can pay via interent banking. All internacional deposits were paid in that way. The IBAN and SWIFT numbers can be given over PM.

Is that an option for you?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is cheque in the mail still an option?

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
For all UK hunters is better to send a cheque of 450 GBP to mt post mail to avoid any banking fees.
For all others internet banking is the best option.

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Hello Tomo I recevied you email and you kindly asked me to call you but there is no number. You web site is showing under construction ??

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Latham:
Maybe one day lady luck will smile in my direction, & I'll be on that aircraft in a flash! wave

There will allwyas be a place for you Wink

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Had a great chat with Tomo today guys re deposit received and his plans to make the AR trip rather special. Really looking forward to meeting the rest of you in the departure lounge or at the hunting lodge .... Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
FYI - to anyone else who is still interested in this trip.

We have about 10 people coming at the moment so there is still room for a couple more.

Better to have a good line of guns to cover the drives.

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
Yesterday I got a call from my gamekeeper in Croatia that they saw a tusker heavier than 250kg on the estate where we are going to.
It is not the only one above 200kg but this one was the biggest they've seen since laste February.

one of us
posted Hide Post
200-250 kg boars? That's why I've just bought a CZ 9.3x62; BIG boars, BIG cartridge Big Grin !!!!

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
quote:
200-250 kg boars? That's why I've just bought a CZ 9.3x62; BIG boars, BIG catridge !!!

They didn't get that big by being silly Big Grin
I wonder how many hunts he kept out the way of last yearRoll Eyes

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Ok, this solve my doubt, 9.3x62 will be my Battle horse.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Inácio
posted Hide Post
The largest of all wild boar is for me.
We see the behaviour of HK 9.3 X62.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Inácio

I am always hunting

Posts: 31 | Location: V.N. Milfontes- Portugal | Registered: 09 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I prefer the small boar - a harder target for my high skill set Big Grin

Happy to have a 'smallest pig' award as well as 'largest boar' sweep.

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boghossian:
I prefer the small boar - a harder target for my high skill set Big Grin

Happy to have a 'smallest pig' award as well as 'largest boar' sweep.

Is this is relation to the hunt or the last night in Zagreb?

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Eddy is wright, he is smart for sure. I bet that under skin we can find a nice collection of bullets Cool
Who misses the biggest has to be the most generuous in the bar on the last night in Zagreb.
Gab is well known there Big Grin