Notify
Tools

Driven Boar Trip Proposal
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Tomo,
Just to dream on the rip can you giveus the name of the nearest town? I wish to take a look on google earth

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
TOMO Good morning

EVEN BETTER CAN YOU RIG UP A WEB CAM I like to say hello to the boars and choose one before the trip..........

Sorry in one of those moods.

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Good morning to you too,
Unfortunately no cameras will be there because we can't get Big Brother license for our boar hehhee

I'll try to get some clips this June and July.
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:
TOMO Good morning

EVEN BETTER CAN YOU RIG UP A WEB CAM I like to say hello to the boars and choose one before the trip..........

Sorry in one of those moods.

Hunting is a lifestyle more than anything else. http://www.artemis-hunting.com/

Posts: 199 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tomo --- you have a PM.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
Tomo --- you have a PM.

Hi Bill,
I got it.
thanks Wink

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
tomo

i sorry to say that i had a nasty injury with one of my stallions, and my ortopethric surgen wont be abel to give me a definite answer for the next 3 weeks, i still want to go but cant commit before my surgen says go or no go.
if other people needs the place in the line, i fully understand if you book them, i still hope that i can be abel to attend, but just cant commit before the doctors verdict.

best regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter,if you will come we can organize the orthopedic squad Wink.
In the past I broke the right thighbone and some year later I had a crack to the right elbow.

We for sure can pretend an easy place without too much walking. Big Grin

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Steve,Peter,
Not a good idea.
I was encouraged to go one year even though I was suffering from a knee replacement and was told I would get the easy walking spots!
I did get the easy walking spots in most cases but didn't see a single Boar because I wasn't far enough off the tracks into the forest.

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eddie, you sure were unlucky that year. To be fair, it was January with a foot of snow and we were hunting in steep hills, not a good time to be convalescing.

This November we will go to a flat area, near the Hungarian border I believe, my 98 year old grandad could access most of the pegs. Of course he would also think standing around in the cold to shoot a pig was a monumental waste of time.

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boghossian:
...Of course he would also think standing around in the cold to shoot a pig was a monumental waste of time.

Big Grin

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Yes I was unlucky but that is how it goes sometimes, the other lads made up for my lack of Boar Big Grin
If you are going to the same place as you went on the second part of that trip you will certainly have no problem finding Boar Smiler

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
tomo

i sorry to say that i had a nasty injury with one of my stallions, and my ortopethric surgen wont be abel to give me a definite answer for the next 3 weeks, i still want to go but cant commit before my surgen says go or no go.
if other people needs the place in the line, i fully understand if you book them, i still hope that i can be abel to attend, but just cant commit before the doctors verdict.

best regards

peter

Dear Peter,

I'll wait for the answer and please let me know when you find out.
The most important thing is to recover ASAP to be able to work. Pigs, Croatia and me are always ready for good hunt.
beer

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
tomo

sadly i can still do my job with a bum knee, so that part is not affected, but i had to cansel some stalking in devon that i was really looking forward to, but i will return with a vengance and hook this fine gentleman on dbl rifles, he in turn can hook me on stalking in devon after the fun critters they have there.

there is still hope that i can make it this autom in croatia, and i am hanging my hat on that hope at the moment.

best regards

peter

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Peter

What you need to do is to buy a place for your orthopaedic surgeon to accompany you on this trip...........

Tell him 3M is sponsoring a Post graduate seminal approved by the AO Society accredited with "09 hours C.P.D. points" trust me. Tell him that and he will either be on the floor laughing or on the plane with you to Croatia .. HAHAHHAH

YOU can PM me if you need any advice SERIOUSLY

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd kick in an 100 Euro if he comes and brings a red-headed nurse.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
londonhunter:

my surgeon is besides being the best in denmark also one of my hunting mates clap so i would just tell him that the pigs are there and so should he, sadly for me he will be in namibia trying to get his feet wet for the first time in africa.

Bill:

i dont know about a redhead, but i can surly bring a blonde one, i think it will cost you more than 100 euro though Wink

best regards

peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tell him 3M is sponsoring a Post graduate seminal approved by the AO Society accredited with "09 hours C.P.D. points" trust me.

????Seminal???? Big Grin is it a lapsus or a well aimed assertion??

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

one of us
posted Hide Post
American Express Wink

DB Bill aka Bill George

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
At least I'm Big Grin at the comments wishing to all of you qiuck and good recoverey from injuries ASAP.

Londonhunter can help you with advices on health, I'll try the rest in Croatia Wink

Blonde or red doesn't matter dancing

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel fit for the journey Peter, I think your approach to healing is spot on, by the way Wink Big Grin

Atb,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
I'd kick in an 100 Euro if he comes and brings a red-headed nurse.

You are on Bill is there any shade of RED you prefer ...............

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
amir

except for the knee i could go tommorow, how is your back acting these days ?
i also remember i made a promise that i would introduce you to 12 bore double rifle shooting Smiler

best

peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is DD a shade?

DB Bill aka Bill George

posted Hide Post
Smilerhope you make the trip peter.
and thanks once again for your hospitality last month Cool

Posts: 14 | Location: aus | Registered: 13 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
amir

except for the knee i could go tommorow, how is your back acting these days ?
i also remember i made a promise that i would introduce you to 12 bore double rifle shooting Smiler

best

peter

Good mate thank you!

As the ban on repartee seems to have been lifted I can reveal that it's going to get a proper test session on the 9th July, possibly involving dragging a sika!

I just need to check my back will cope with the six hour drive to scotland first Wink

Regards,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Hi All .... Nothing wrong with "Repartee" and by the way there is some good boar coverage in the July edition of Sporting Rifle including Tomo's input. But lets get down to brass tacks .... How many confirmed deposits do we have for the November trip? I would imagine the current deposits would indicate how strong the party is for Tomo's preparations and the probable quality of the hunt. I personally would appreciate some indication of confirmed numbers and a list of names/handles .... Smiler

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boghossian:
b.martins
Inácio
fcaim
coutinho
Steve Malinverni
Wildboar
Ghubert
Claret Dabler
Cohannon
Peterdk
DB Bill

and of course, the man himself...BOGHOSSIAN.

Please let me know if I have omitted to add anyone to this list.

This is the original list posted in March.

This is the current list of attendees:

b.martins (confirmed)
Inácio (confirmed)
fcaim (confirmed)
coutinho (confirmed)
Steve Malinverni (confirmed)
Wildboar (confirmed)
Claret Dabler (confirmed)
Cohannon (confirmed)
Boghossian (confirmed)
londonhunter (possible)
Peterdk (possible)
DB Bill (possible)

It would be great if we could finish with a group size of between 12-14, so we're nearly there. Londonhunter may be bringing a couple mates too, though I'm not sure where we are with that.

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
OK Guys .... I make that 9 confirmed and somewhat short of the dozen plus three or four we need to make this dog hunt. Has anybody got an accomplice or two we could add to this merry band?

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I'm sorry if you're going to give up on the potential band of merry men if those of us who are listed as "possible" don't send in our deposits right now --- if life were only that easy.

I think I should more accurately be listed as "probable" rather than "possible". Does that help?

I've talked to Tomo and he understands my particular situation and offered to allow me a little more time to resolve some personal issues. If, ,before my grace period is up I think I can physically get on a plane in November I'll send in my deposit.

That's the best I can do right now. wave

DB Bill aka Bill George

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
You're quite right Bill, its never a good time to look on the negative issues so I've modified my previous post. Hope you enjoyed the email article from Sporting Rifle. Perhaps we all could apply a little persuasion and add an extra body or two to make the target of 15 souls plus possibles/probables..

one of us
posted Hide Post
Alan, I wouldn't worry too much we have another hunter joining us already and we should make the 12-15 mark no probs. Too many guns is just as irritating on a small drive as too few.
G

One of Us
Picture of Inácio
posted Hide Post
In Portugal we say:
Only missing are those that are here.
Sometimes I say, in hunting the wild boar, if the organization knows, are the less the better.
My English is very bad, but I hope have Understood.

Inácio

I am always hunting

Posts: 31 | Location: V.N. Milfontes- Portugal | Registered: 09 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've already reported this to Boghossian and he's relaying it to Tomo but I will, unfortunately, not be able to make the hunt in November.

I thought a combination of therapy and pain-killers would hold back the inevitable but it just isn't working so I'm waiting for a spot on the surgery schedule to replace my left hip and will most likely not be able to get in any hunting at all this year.

All I can do is offer you all my best wishes for a safe and frutiful hunt that will be so great Tomo will need to block a couple of week-ends for next year ---- I plan on being in Croatia in 2010.

DB Bill aka Bill George

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Fair enough Bill ... Having had the pleasure of a hip replacement in the first week of last December I can substantiate that it took me to mid January before I could cross stone walls and clamber over 5 bar gates with confidence. Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to meeting you next year.

Cheers .... Alan

One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
I hope you are all well.
I spent most of July and August in Croatia observing animals and shooting with my clients.
It was very successful and I'm pleased with number of boar and Brown bear.
It looks good year so far and let's hope that the hunting luck will stick with us in November.

Cheers,

Tomo

one of us
posted Hide Post
...some good news! wave

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Hi Tomo,

Sent you a PM.

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys .... Finally did the needful and booked the Belfast / Gatwick leg of the trip. An "arm and a leg" would be an understatement .... Smiler

Has anybody else sorted their local connection arrangements and have we got a suitable RV point in whichever Gatwick terminal the flight goes from?

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Cohannon,
I think the Flights go from Heathrow, that is where they have gone from before and it is normally a 10.50 flight.
All the above may be drivel but that is what it usually is, this year could be different of course Confused
I am going the week before and those are my details.

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
I've copied the last PM from Tomo below and can only hope the info is correct otherwise I've booked an expensive flight to the wrong London airport .... Roll Eyes

1 OU4495 G 19NOV 4 LGW ZAG HN15 S 16:40 19:55 *1A/E*

2 OU4494 G 23NOV 1 ZAG LGW HN15 08:15 09:35 *1A/E*

The flights are from gatwick and back to Gatwick.
You can forward it to Brian and Alan.

For some reason I can't log on to my AR account due some internet problems.

All the best ,
Tomo