THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    West Coast DRSS and Big Bore Association Hoot and Shoot
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Coast DRSS and Big Bore Association Hoot and Shoot Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
Checking the interest in a West Coast DRSS and Big Bore Association Hoot and Shoot. Thinking about a location but need to know who would show to pick a range. Thanks!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
just do it!

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39714 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Boomer,

There is a handful of DRSS men in SoCal. I would love to hold another H&S, at the West End Gun Club.

Just say when!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Something in the Bay Area would be good.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would go to another West End shoot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would be up for something in the Bay Area. We might be able to use the Chabot Range

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
No reason why we cant have two. One for the Northern and Southern Cali members depending on the support. I was thinking the bay area could be good for the whole west coast for people from Oregon or Washington. A rotating schedule of once a quarter between North and South so every six months one in each could be good. Once we see the support level we can go from there. A shoot and competition, a BBQ then BS and cigars.
9,3 and up.

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Sorry Boomie, but the Origional "West Coast" shoot is in Alaska.. You're too far east and alot south..

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
LOL I missed it!
Was there in August. Beautiful up there!

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Boomy, just pull the trigger and DO IT. Fund a shooting range that will meet your needs (ie: DWJs) and set the date and time. Those who can make it will, and those who cannot want.

Tim's awastim'

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Call the local ranges and or reach out to meembers in shooting clubs. Ask what their terms would be to rent a range for 1/2 a day. add a couple hundred bucks for covering other expenses. Pick a date, pick a place, and get moving. If you try to get the perfect date, you'll be circling around the post this time next year.

Find a place
Pick a date
ASk for help organizing
have a shoot!

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would participate in a So Cal shoot.

Posts: 84 | Location: southern california | Registered: 16 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
COunt me in. If you need a range, I can look into the club where I shoot. It's in Tehachapi, 3hrs N of LosAng & maybe 4-5hrs from SanFran.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. I will call some ranges today.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
How about Central coast???? Atascadero has a nice range. Might even get the boys from Rigby to join us. We're half way between SF and LA and close to Fresno, Bakersfield, etc.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
That would be Awesome if Rigby had a booth for the DRSS to ogle their rifles. Want to call them and see if they have any interest in participation and a BYOA (Bring your own ammo) to shoot their guns?

If we get a bunch of DRSS people to show they might show interest.

quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
How about Central coast???? Atascadero has a nice range. Might even get the boys from Rigby to join us. We're half way between SF and LA and close to Fresno, Bakersfield, etc.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
BOOOMIE>..
YOU CALL THEM
RUn the @#$@#$# show, and get it done...

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I got a maybe from Rigby if it was close by. The Atascadero range is a private club. Is anyone a member there?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get off your ass broker-boy and make some phone calls. Just check the schedule and try and make it while the St Louis Cardinals are in LA or Frisco. I would even comm it to bringing a couple boxes of ammunition for the Searcy .470 NE.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
The Atascadero range wanted an insurance policy to cover the event and be approved by the board FYI

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
http://www.slosa.org/

This place is an option but on the weekends they are pretty busy but we could have a BBQ first but would not get the range till 5PM It is a dirt range so he said water jugs would turn the place to mud.

I am going to look into viable ranges and get back to you all. if you have a range you want me to look into please post.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I emailed a friend who posts here on AR who has lived in this area all his life and asked him if he knows anyplace we can set this up. Hopefully he will get back to us. If not, I will approach Mrs Blacktailer about having it here sofa

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill Poole
posted Hide Post
its west, but not coast, we could hold it in Phoenix.

-
Bill Poole
Scottsdale, AZ
http://arizona-rifleshooting.com/

Posts: 50 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 08 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
In Ca you need to be very careful about the over .50 rule. Chabot got very sticky about it with me in the past. Most wont even allow over .50 guns period.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
One location we are looking into is a private ranch that has been so graciously offered. That would eliminate some of the hurdles and have it's own unique twist on this. Stay tuned.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Start saving Water Jugs everybody.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Start saving Water Jugs everybody.

Rich
DRSS

Yes!
Start saving!

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
OK this DRSS BBA meeting will be in the beautiful centrally located Paso Robles flame

June 26th 2 PM at a private ranch. That is the weekend after Fathers Day so ask for ammo for fathers day Big Grin

We will have a BBQ, timed obstacle course, DG charge simulation and a BS session after to explain why you did not shoot well rotflmo

I will provide maps via PM

Please mark your calendars and post your intentions of attendance with type of guns and cartridge used. Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great to me. That is two weekends after Dan416's Shoot and the Father's Day weekend Quigley Rifle Matches. That makes it doable, even if the Cards aren't on the West Coast swing.

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Rich... Will you bring your doubles?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Searcy .470 NE for sure.

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Damn! I'm scheduled to be fishing for salmon & halibut in Alaska that week. Was looking forward to meeting folks and enjoying the shoot. Oh well, if it goes well perhaps we will have another.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Jealous! Did that last year. Say hello to the Salty Dog Saloon for me.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
OK this DRSS BBA meeting will be in the beautiful centrally located Paso Robles flame

June 26th 2 PM at a private ranch. That is the weekend after Fathers Day so ask for ammo for fathers day Big Grin

We will have a BBQ, timed obstacle course, DG charge simulation and a BS session after to explain why you did not shoot well rotflmo

I will provide maps via PM

Please mark your calendars and post your intentions of attendance with type of guns and cartridge used. Thanks!

The day after my 33rd wedding anniversary, good timing!

I'm going to pencil it in, because I have a buttload of travel for work scheduled for this summer.

Left handed Winchester M70 in 375 H&H

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Central coast and private ranches equals pigs. Maybe a double rifle/big bore pig hunt.

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately there are no pigs on my place but contact Kyler and I'm sure he can set something up. I'll get the range ready to go once Boom Stick and I settle on a course of fire. Looking forward to seeing some of the AR crowd.

Have gun- Will travel

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Seen a lot of turkeys on the central coast as well. I'd be curious to hear about the bacon blasting.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Good to hear Fjold!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fjold,

are you bringing your avatar with you? Definitely Big Bore Double...

Rich
DRSS

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
Unfortunately there are no pigs on my place but contact Kyler and I'm sure he can set something up. I'll get the range ready to go once Boom Stick and I settle on a course of fire. Looking forward to seeing some of the AR crowd.

Blacktailer, I didn't know that it was on your place. I thought Boomstick was working a deal to shoot on the ranch owned by the people at Rigby.

Rich,

There's no chance that I'm bringing the big bore in my avatar, I don't think that Wifezilla would go for that.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote