THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    2 Bore Jones Underlever SxS "The Double Deuce"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 Bore Jones Underlever SxS "The Double Deuce" Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
thanks for going through some of the finishing details and decisions. Guys if you want it built, Colin can do it for you. He is very easy to work with.

Used to be bigdoggy700 with 929 posts . Originally registered as bigdoggy 700 in July 2006.

Posts: 318 | Location: ILLINOIS , FINALLY GETTING. A CCW! | Registered: 14 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Colin

Outstanding work.
I look forward to the proofing and regulating.
Having worked with my gunsmith on my 20 bore double project, I have a much better appreciation for the process and artistry involved.
Keep up the good work.
If i ever win the lotto, i will take you up on the 100K offer.

Nitro

PS: Mine will be considerably lighter. 40+ lbs Holy cow !

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a fantastic time visiting with Colin and his lovely wife and their children.

Man, if that house could only talk; the stories it could tell.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a week...I think I sweated off 20 pounds.

Link to this weeks post:
http://stolzergunsmithing.word...and-reloading-tools/

Link to the whole blog:
http://stolzergunsmithing.wordpress.com/

Enjoy,

Colin

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
that a 64 corvair?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39564 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1960, it's my youngest son's project. In the background when I am doing the walk around you can catch a glimpse of my 51 Rat Rod and my 54 Ford f-250 parked by the house. Old cars and trucks are our hobby around here.

Colin

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i had a 64 -- the only real diff was the leaf spring across the back ..

tell him to get the aviation seals for it, and it won't leak oil...

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39564 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the extra time to show off this beast from all angles.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
I think it is going to look really cool when it is finished!!

Used to be bigdoggy700 with 929 posts . Originally registered as bigdoggy 700 in July 2006.

Posts: 318 | Location: ILLINOIS , FINALLY GETTING. A CCW! | Registered: 14 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, NO video this week. I had a really bad week and only got about 5 minutes worth of video shot. The reloading tools are all built and I started casting balls to load these cartridges up. But overall my week was pretty bad, the Head Gasket blew on my wife's minivan, so I wasted a day and a half diagnosing why it was overheating and then my mechanic gave me the wonderful news that the repair would be $1,300.00. Well the van isn't worth 1300 so I decided I should try to track down another vehicle for her. That wasted another day in Lincoln NE and came home empty handed. Then I tried getting some casting done and the power company decide that would be a good day to have the power out for several hours at a time. Then I resumed the hunt for a vehicle, found a really nice truck today about an hour south of us, went and test drove it, decided to buy it(cash sale, private seller). He was very honest and up front about the truck and warned me that one of the front tires was about to go. He didn't have a spare for it, so I decided to try and baby it home...you guessed it...blew the tire 40 miles from home. So now I get to waste some more time tomorrow trying to get a new tire put on the rim and then go back to where I left the truck and get it. New tire mounted on a Sunday in Washington, Kansas...I might get lucky and talk my tire guy into opening his shop for a short while tomorrow but then again pigs might sprout wings and fly too. I'll just have to wait and see how either one of those turns out.

In any case it's been a bad week overall, with little to no video to show you, so I will just save it for next week.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
Colin, sounds like a real bummer of a week!! I hope next week goes much better for you buddy. Take a big breath and exhale slowly!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Colin,

Hang in there, things will get better. I have found deals on tires and wheels on craigslist before.

Craftsman

Posts: 1543 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
You can only keep a good man down for a short time. You will be up and at em' soon!
Good luck.

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bigdoggy requested I post these and since I didn't put a video up I thought maybe a few pics of the 2 Bore pistol would make up for it.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
You sure know how to party.
Looks kind of like a revolver bit it don't revolve and only one bullet.
If I was Blackbeard the pirate I would want six of these attached to me as I boarded a ship.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Since the double is called the "Double Deuce", is this the "Uno, Dos" or the "One, Two Punch"?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bigdoggy picked the name "Lil Deuce".

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
Thanks Colin that gun looks great. Now just waiting on big brother to get finished up. What a pair!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
As long as you hit what your shooting at with the pistol it should do the job. Wink

Shouldn't have to many complaining the cailber is too small. dancing

Posts: 19572 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To the top so Colin can find it easy.

Posts: 1292 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the low resolution quality but these longer videos are very large files in higher resolution and my ISP's speed just takes to long to upload them.

Here's the link to the video for the last two weeks worth of work:

http://stolzergunsmithing.word...sting-and-reloading/

Link to the whole blog:

Enjoy

Colin

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Informative and cool!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent.
Educational.
Entertaining.
... Enspirational. tu2
clap

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twr
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking the "mystery" out of proofing. I look forward to the next installment.

t

Blessed; not lucky

Posts: 49 | Location: SC | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks much very interisting.

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
Most excellent video this week. Thanks Colin

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about your dad
.Spend every minute you can with him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As bigdoggy alluded to, my Father is ill. He is in the final stages of a terminal illness. He was in the Hospital earlier this week, we are in the process of moving him into our home. We will be caring for him through what is remaining of his days. My wife is in nursing, so hopefully with her experience and the help of our two sons and myself we can provide him with a level of comfort and care that he wouldn't get at a nursing home or care facility.

There will be no video, since I didn't even work in my shop this week.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Thank you Colin for being such a good example to those lucky kids of yours and having the courage to do what's right. Wishing you the best under the circumstances.

One of Us
Picture of twr
posted Hide Post
Colin,

Sorry to hear about your dad, we will keep him and your family in our prayers.

todd

Blessed; not lucky

Posts: 49 | Location: SC | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, they are appreciated.

I know quite a few of you have been waiting patiently for the next update...I haven't gotten a lot of time in the last couple weeks but I did get a little bit of work done.

So here's the current update:
http://stolzergunsmithing.word...ribs-and-regulation/

Link to the whole blog:

Enjoy

Colin

One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Mr. S you're a good man...
Prayers offered for your dad and those in your family.

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
D R Hunter,

Thank you but I'm just doing what's right. We appreciate the prayers.

Welcome to the Forum.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
Colin, we appreciate the regulating lesson. I know it has to be hard right now with every else going on in your life. thanks for the video.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Colin

The Bible tells us that those who honor their mother and father, as you are doing, will be blessed with length of life.

Craftsman

Posts: 1543 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Great class on regulation!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Started putting the first load development shots through it tonight.

http://stolzergunsmithing.word...or-load-development/

lots more shooting to do but it's a start anyways.

Colin

posted Hide Post
Colin....WOW!

Seeing it being carried allows one to really get a good look at its size and mass.
The length across the barrels is remarkable.

Bigdoggy2bore,
Thanks for letting Colin share your rifle with us from start to finish.
This is very exciting for me to watch, I can imagine your anticipation to finally get it and the 2 bore pistol!

Thanks again to both you Fella's!
Chris

Posts: 20 | Location: Chartiers Twp PA | Registered: 21 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Colin is the gun bearer inclued in the price Wink

Thanks for the video.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not unless you plan to house him, feed him and pay for his college. Big Grin