New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will we recognize that evil cannot be placated? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
When will we recognize that evil cannot be placated? Hoping for peace with evil is not a solution.

I get criticized on here from time to time for using the word evil. I would hope that here we could all come together agree that what we see from Hamas terrorists is evil. These people are not animals…animals are not evil. These are very dark beings. The only way to deal with them is killing them. Killing them should come with a sense of peace and relief…like cutting a cancer out and realizing life afterwards.

If we want peace in the world…we have to come to realize that evil exists and peace only comes through strength. And, when we lose our way, it will always rise. Peace only happens when good men make it happen and kill evil anywhere and everywhere they see it.

Israel deserves our unmitigated support. They need our support to once and for all to remove this cancer from their country.

Putting leashes on Israel only creates more death and suffering down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Except so many despise Israel including liberals here who don’t have the stones to admit it.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Ledvm, you and your boys don’t seem to agree about the depravity of evil when it comes to Putin and Ukraine. Putin has wantonly massacred a 100 fold women and children, then Hamas.

Bluefish, you are so full of shit about liberals and their position in regards to Israel. In fact the majority of Jews in the United States are Democrats. What liberals do is point out thot Israel under Netanyahu is an imperfect democracy. Like Trump he has been charged with serious crimes and Trump-like, Netanyahu is trying to change the courts to protect his own ass. But of course, you find no problem with such action.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
I might add, Russian state tv is mocking the US and Israel claiming Israel sleep through the invasion.

And another thought, Lane, Putin puts an armed drone into a restaurant in a small Ukrainian town killing scores of civilians and is not evil or a terrorist, yet Hamas kills innocent concertgoers and they are terrorists.

How is it that you want to open up the US’s pocketbook in support of Israel’s fight against terrorism, but you and your Tepublican fools want to cut funding to Ukraine?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Doug,
Bring Putin to the Hague and try him for war crimes. When he is found guilty and I am sure he will be…I will personally volunteer to pull the lever on his gallows.

Don’t know where you come up with such bullshit. 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
How is it that you want to open up the US’s pocketbook in support of Israel’s fight against terrorism, but you and your Tepublican fools want to cut funding to Ukraine?

Because in a fight…a real fight…think WWIII…they will be our staunch allies and they know how to fight. Ukraine???

I am not against helping Ukraine. I want western Europe to foot most of the bill and do most of the lifting. I want that for 2 reasons: 1) They can if they will. 2) Putin a bigger problem for them than us.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
What liberals do is point out thot Israel under Netanyahu is an imperfect democracy.

Perfect democracy? Has there ever been such? animal

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Because in a fight…a real fight…think WWIII…they will be our staunch allies and they know how to fight. Ukraine???

I am not against helping Ukraine. I want western Europe to foot most of the bill and do most of the lifting. I want that for 2 reasons: 1) They can if they will. 2) Putin a bigger problem for them than us.

Have you not noticed Ukraine going toe-to-toe against the best Putin can throw at them?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:

Have you not noticed Ukraine going toe-to-toe against the best Putin can throw at them?

With a lot of help.

Israel will go toe-to-toe with anyone on their own. As General Boykin says: “The best intelligence and the best fighting force force for their size…anywhere in the world.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
What the fuck are you talking about?

Both Israel and Ukraine need the US’s military equipment assistance.

You seem to think the Russian invasion in more Europe’s problem, not the US’s. Seriously, you don’t comprehend the dangers to the US if Ukraine falls to Russia? Seriously?

However, the best thing, is your contradictions caused by your MAGA type kneejerk reaction. Your post was about fighting evil, not a measure of the respective danger to the US, ie, support of Israel is all about fighting Israel, but US”s support of Ukraine is measured by what’s in it for the US. If the measure of our assistance is the danger to us, maybe you can explain how Hamas presents a greater threat to the US than Putin and Russia.

Once, again, you are demonstrating your complete absorption of MAGA. Trump like Putin. Therefore, Lane must like Putin.

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
srael will go toe-to-toe with anyone on their own. As General Boykin says: “The best intelligence and the best fighting force force for their size…anywhere in the world.

Quite a declaration. Damn, I’m confused: One day you are a vet, another, you’re an epidemiologist, and on yet another, you are a climate scientist, not to mention being a world-class geo-political thinker. And on another, you know what is best for an 18 year girl living 1800 miles from you.

And, wow, you are a military student and strategist

You demand a policy of kill, kill, kill. All to fight evil. What do you say to the Palestinian father who just had his wife and three young children blown to hundreds of chunks of human flesh when he did nothing but go to work on Saturday?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure it's productive to use subjective terms like "evil." The Palestinians think Israel and the US are evil.

They're taught that from childhood. Are they evil for thinking so?

I think the terrorists are mad dogs and need to be treated as such, i.e. put down--without arguing about whether they're evil. Is a mad dog evil?

Posts: 6157 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When Dr. Easter calls Democrats evil he is comparing US Citizens who have done no evil to Hamas through the use of the word evil.

This is a prime example as to why Dr. Easter is not a serious person.

Hamas is doing what Russia is doing. Yet, we see here his rationalizations for not condemning Russia.

As for Hamas itself, I concur with Rolland. Call Hamas mad or evil, it really makes no difference. What matters is Hamas, like Russia, has engaged in an attack upon the sovereignty of a U.S. Ally with unrestricted violence upon citizens.

Europes problems add our problems. Western Europe has responded. The US should meet the response of its Allie’s in material support.

America First does not mean the US refuses to lead.

Posts: 10960 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
What the fuck are you talking about?

Both Israel and Ukraine need the US’s military equipment assistance.

The US actually sends people to Israel for specialty training they are so good in some areas. They put our assistance to very good use and will be there for us when we need them.

Ukraine…well you can see the corruption there now. I am for supporting them…right behind Western Europe.

You seem to think the Russian invasion in more Europe’s problem, not the US’s. Seriously, you don’t comprehend the dangers to the US if Ukraine falls to Russia? Seriously?

I see the consequences. They are just more dire for Europe. Look if idiots like Merkel had have taken military strength seriously, energy independence seriously, and stood up to Putin early on…we would not be having the Ukraine war. It was complacency on their part when they have the most to lose. I want it to be a lesson to them and for them to buck-up and carry thier part of the load in keeping the world civil.

However, the best thing, is your contradictions caused by your MAGA type kneejerk reaction. Your post was about fighting evil, not a measure of the respective danger to the US, ie, support of Israel is all about fighting Israel, but US”s support of Ukraine is measured by what’s in it for the US. If the measure of our assistance is the danger to us, maybe you can explain how Hamas presents a greater threat to the US than Putin and Russia.

Have you too already forgotten 911?

But Hamas is particularly evil. If you don’t see it open your eyes!

Once, again, you are demonstrating your complete absorption of MAGA. Trump like Putin. Therefore, Lane must like Putin.

Roll Eyes

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
srael will go toe-to-toe with anyone on their own. As General Boykin says: “The best intelligence and the best fighting force force for their size…anywhere in the world.

Quite a declaration. Damn, I’m confused: One day you are a vet, another, you’re an epidemiologist, and on yet another, you are a climate scientist, not to mention being a world-class geo-political thinker. And on another, you know what is best for an 18 year girl living 1800 miles from you.

And, wow, you are a military student and strategist

You demand a policy of kill, kill, kill. All to fight evil. What do you say to the Palestinian father who just had his wife and three young children blown to hundreds of chunks of human flesh when he did nothing but go to work on Saturday?

Most of the above is a bunch of sophomoric jabber…attacking the person because they can’t debate…not worth responding to.

As to the Palestinians…they will NEVER live at peace with Israel. Kicking the can down the road only promotes more suffering on greater levels later.

What do I tell that Palistinian man? Pick-up one of those AKs and fight against the people who just created this tragedy — Hamas!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
I'm not sure it's productive to use subjective terms like "evil." The Palestinians think Israel and the US are evil.

I think the terrorists are mad dogs and need to be treated as such, i.e. put down--without arguing about whether they're evil. Is a mad dog evil?

The mad dog is infected with a virus. Hamas is evil.

False equivalency there my friend…by a longshot!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Lane, you speak as if Israel is done great power Hell, they can’t even take out Iran’s nuclear weapons with conventional arms without US assistance. Do they have a boat longer than 14 feet?
You say Israel will always be there for us. Don’t be so certain with Netanyahu there. As I said, he’s Trump and 80 IQ points.

In measuring the severity of the danger presented by a foe, don’t get caught up by geography. This isn’t 1910.

You can slice it and dice it, but the bottom line is that you have different standards in measuring Hamas and Putin. To you, Hamas is measured by their morality and Putin by the risk he poses to us.

They are both evil, if that’s a term that you must use. Trump is criticizing Israel. We will see how long you keep Hamas in the evil department when you get that memo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The virus is religious extremism and teaching hate through religion.

Israel has praised President Biden’s response to this violence perpetrated by Hamas w support from Iran.

I just heard a national Progressive, Mika Brzezinski, calling Hamas evil about 4 times.

Posts: 10960 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
Christians vote and support Israel. No telling what Congress will do when they are back in session. Coing up on an election year!

We already know we have to start back conscription.
They could go as far to declare War on Hamas.
I am sure many of you watched Biden's speech yesterday.

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt.Purvis:
Christians vote and support Israel. No telling what Congress will do when they are back in session. Coing up on an election year!

We already know we have to start back conscription.
They could go as far to declare War on Hamas.
I am sure many of you watched Biden's speech yesterday.

How quickly would that support falter if they didn't think Jesus was coming back through Israel's back yard any day now?

They don't support Israel out of moral conviction or geo-political concerns, it's strictly supernatural bullshit and superstition.

The guys dropping the Zyklon B would have told you they too were Christians.

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Hamas is evil, that's even Clear to Biden, if not the squat -

Other things can also be evil - these truths don't cancel each other out

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How quickly would that support falter if they didn't think Jesus was coming back through Israel's back yard any day now?

They don't support Israel out of moral conviction or geo-political concerns, it's strictly supernatural bullshit and superstition.

You said it - the quiet but obvious part. The violence is also self-perpetuating and self-fulfilling, (prophesy?) but not the "coming back" part. If Jesus' second coming could be forced by zealots, it would have already happened. The best they can do is align the stars per their interpretations of scripture, mostly the Book of Revelation, interpretation thereof practically impossible since it was written by a madman. So this is a religious war, inevitable not through logic, reason, objectivity, morals, but through fundamental righteous belief systems.

This is related:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

====================================

https://www.worldhistory.org/a...sades-causes--goals/

The Crusades: Causes & Goals

by Mark Cartwright
published on 04 July 2018

The Crusades were a series of military campaigns organized by Christian powers in order to retake Jerusalem and the Holy Land back from Muslim control. There would be eight officially sanctioned crusades between 1095 CE and 1270 CE and many more unofficial ones. Each campaign met with varying successes and failures but, ultimately, the wider objective of keeping Jerusalem and the Holy Land in Christian hands failed. Nevertheless, the appeal of the crusading ideal continued right up to the 16th century CE, and the purpose of this article is to consider what were the motivating factors for crusaders, from the Pope to the humblest warrior, especially for the very first campaign which established a model to be followed thereafter.

Why the Crusades happened at all is a complex question with multiple answers. As the historian J. Riley-Smith notes:

"It cannot be stressed often enough that crusades were arduous, disorientating, frightening, dangerous, and expensive for participants, and the continuing enthusiasm for them displayed over the centuries is not easy to explain."

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19781 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am probably less of a pro Israel guy than most conservatives. I do tend to look at it from what do they offer the US rather than the religious rapture crap. Revelations is pretty obviously a dark parable, not a prophesy.

That being said, Hamas’ act is a pretty clear and present danger to us as well.

Anyone who sends its people out and chops the heads off of infants and then celebrates it is a danger.

That being said, the Israelis can deal with it. They are rather unique in being victims of a genocide, so I think they will be understanding of what can and cannot be done.

I certainly see that we should have Israel’s back diplomatically.

I can see that we will probably need to help them with military aid again…

I don’t see Israel as an extension of us. They have done a lot that we would rather they didn’t… and don’t forget they’re blowing up one of our naval vessels.

As to the Palestinians and Israelis dealing with each other… I used to believe it would be a war of extermination for one side of the other, but if the Irish could get themselves together, (being part Irish myself, that was pretty surprising) then maybe there is hope there.

Posts: 10661 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
What I am pointing out is the majority of Americans supports Israel. Many are very outspoken about it. Politicians are going to what pleases the majority of their constituents. They may care less but going to side with the majority to stay in office.

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Never understood why all the Arab countries don’t take all Palestinians in, give them some land and make them welcomed and home
US has been doing it for couple of centuries
Gaza seems like overcrowded chunk of land where nothing grows except violence and despair

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but did Jordan not refuse to Annex the West Bank?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
But wait! We haven't heard from the Coach...

https://twitter.com/DNCWarRoom.../1712191232233943242

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Correct me if I am wrong, but did Jordan not refuse to Annex the West Bank?

quite the opposite - jordan lost it in the 7 day war, 1967, after annexing it in 1950

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Palestinians seem to be like the red headed step child at an Arab family reunion. Nobody has stepped up to offer them refuge and they seem to think Isreal should give up their country. Ain’t happening.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13165 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about this:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021...annex-the-west-bank/

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/0...rael-intl/index.html

I do not think Jordan wants to buy that roach motel. From the above:

But now Jordan has its own interests at stake. More than half of Jordan's population of 10 million is of Palestinian descent, and the country is home to more than 2 million registered Palestinian refugees. From a Jordanian perspective, a future Palestinian state would ensure that these refugees would have a right of return and prevents any possibility of a further influx of people. Without that state, Jordan could turn into a de facto state for the Palestinians -- something Jordanians fear is in fact the ultimate aim of right-wing Israelis.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Palestinian

Before 1947, all of the people in Palestine (a region, not a state) were Jordanian - some might nitpick and say transjordan - but that's just a nit

There's an argument that the region is also Syrian -

Here - this explains it better
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...f_the_name_Palestine

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Dr. Easter calls Democrats evil he is comparing US Citizens who have done no evil to Hamas through the use of the word evil.

This is a prime example as to why Dr. Easter is not a serious person.

My lifetime accomplishments in my profession, business, and local politics speak for themselves. Maybe when you grow up…you can achieve similar. Right now…your opinion is meaningless to me.

Hamas is doing what Russia is doing.

Except on a more extreme level the same as ISIS.

Yet, we see here his rationalizations for not condemning Russia.

I condemned Russia above. Learn to read…stay with the conversation.

As for Hamas itself, I concur with Rolland. Call Hamas mad or evil, it really makes no difference.

Huge difference! Hamas goes to the extreme in its killings and brutality of its prisoners.

What matters is Hamas, like Russia, has engaged in an attack upon the sovereignty of a U.S. Ally with unrestricted violence upon citizens.

Europes problems add our problems. Western Europe has responded. The US should meet the response of its Allie’s in material support.

America First does not mean the US refuses to lead.

Read Don’s thread on Pax America. I am all for a strong America. But we lost our way in the 1970s.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your life time achievement awards does not mitigate that you are not a serious political person with your numerous references to Dem as evil when you come here declare Hamas evil. A declaration you apply to your fellow non violent US citizens; yet, withhold from Russia’s actions.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lane, you speak as if Israel is done great power Hell, they can’t even take out Iran’s nuclear weapons with conventional arms without US assistance. Do they have a boat longer than 14 feet?
You say Israel will always be there for us. Don’t be so certain with Netanyahu there. As I said, he’s Trump and 80 IQ points.

In measuring the severity of the danger presented by a foe, don’t get caught up by geography. This isn’t 1910.

You can slice it and dice it, but the bottom line is that you have different standards in measuring Hamas and Putin.

To you, Hamas is measured by their morality and Putin by the risk he poses to us.

Now you are learning. Wink

The world is full of men like Putin (sadly)…Hamas like ISIS is a special kind of evil.

Stand against despots like Putin…kill people like Hamas and feel good about doing it.

They are both evil, if that’s a term that you must use. Trump is criticizing Israel. We will see how long you keep Hamas in the evil department when you get that memo.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Israel has praised President Biden’s response to this violence perpetrated by Hamas w support from Iran.

I just heard a national Progressive, Mika Brzezinski, calling Hamas evil about 4 times.

Good, maybe they are finally learning.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your life time achievement awards does not mitigate that you are not a serious political person with your numerous references to Dem as evil when you come here declare Hamas evil. A declaration you apply to your fellow non violent US citizens; yet, withhold from Russia’s actions.

Can i expect you to take the same measurement to jefffive on him calling the GOP evil, as well as hamas? I mean, he's been doing it longer than this topic

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

But I am successful in the politics I choose to influence in the locals I choose to participate in. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the last two election cycles shows how influential you are which is not very.

That House Majority is almost down to 4 w the move to expel Santos.

I am suppose to be impressed you can lead the foolish end of the GOP.

I noticed you have remained silent on the Anita you support upending House business.

I note you have remained silent on Sen Tuberville placing us at a disadvantage w his blockade of Senior State Department Officials, Senior Uniform Leadership, and Senior Civilian Leadership of the DOD.

Would be nice to have an ambassador to Israel right now.

Tell me again how the border is all DRM fault while lying the GOP was too busy to deal w it during their majority in both Chambers and control of the Presidency. The worse part is they campaigned in the problem.

Complaining about something wo offering a solution that has a chance of passing is not serious governance.

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good, maybe they are finally learning.

Beheading babies even convinces the stupid.

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, the last two election cycles shows how influential you are which is not very.

That House Majority is almost down to 4 w the move to expel Santos.

I am suppose to be impressed you can lead the foolish end of the GOP.

I noticed you have remained silent on the Anita you support upending House business.

I note you have remained silent on Sen Tuberville placing us at a disadvantage w his blockade of Senior State Department Officials, Senior Uniform Leadership, and Senior Civilian Leadership of the DOD.

Would be nice to have an ambassador to Israel right now.

Tell me again how the border is all DRM fault while lying the GOP was too busy to deal w it during their majority in both Chambers and control of the Presidency. The worse part is they campaigned in the problem.

Complaining about something wo offering a solution that has a chance of passing is not serious governance.

Seems like there should be a word for somebody who offers no solutions but just lives to bitch.

Something with not too many letters...