Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will we recognize that evil cannot be placated? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why do surgeons and surgical teams wear masks, I wonder.

Go to a hospital and they're wearing masks. I guess they're just superstitious.

Posts: 6155 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff I see you can not do research either

It is easy to find but many do not want to know the truth

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:

To prevent bacterial wound infections.

That has supporting evidence that has been reproducible with studies.

More recently, medicine has been plagued by business types taking over and PR concerns have replaced scientific evidence and physician decision making.

A lot of the procedure mask use in clinics was pure PR to be seen as doing something and not being able to access N95 respirators. If you see someone (meaning a healthcare worker) wearing a procedure (cloth or paper mask) as opposed to an N95, you are seeing a nonmedical mandate now.

Yes, giving a procedure mask to an acutely ill patient in a waiting room happens (because respirators have to be fit tested) but even that is consensus, not evidence based.

Medicine is both art and science. Not everything is scientifically proven. If a person wants to wear a mask, that is a reasonable reason to do it… but it has not been proven to do anything with regards to viral illnesses.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
[

And many of the victims and hostages are/were Americans.

How these morons in the US can march in support of murderers in Gaza is beyond me.

Don

We agree again!

Willful ignorance is all,I can come up with.......

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very goofy argument......very....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Where do you goofballs come up with your info?

Lane, you say compare Texas and California.

Texas had a mortality rate of a 150,4 per hundred thousand. California was 99.9.

Where in the hell are you loons getting your info? Ingram? Carlson?

Or do you just lay down at night and you want something so bad that when you awaken, presto, you have your answers.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

To help reduce “bacterial” contamination of surgical wounds.

A totally different kettle of fish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
California had approximately 316,000 cases/1M in population.

Texas 305,000/1M

CA - 12,500,000 total cases
TX - 8,800,000

CA - 2,700 deaths/1M
TX - 3,200

CA death rate - 0.27%
TX - 0.32%

My research group (and many others) compared those numbers statistically with several tests…just for grins. The differences were statistically insignificant.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know the prevailing medical view, but saying masks aren't efficacious defies my common sense.

Saliva and mucus ejecta from a cough or sneeze carries viruses, as well as bacteria. Putting up a barrier that stops or hinders spread of the ejecta makes sense to me.

Posts: 6155 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know the prevailing medical view, but saying masks aren't efficacious defies my common sense.

Saliva and mucus ejecta from a cough or sneeze carries viruses, as well as bacteria. Putting up a barrier that stops or hinders spread of the ejecta makes sense to me.

And this is why you do scientific controlled studies.

Your logic has its points, but they didn't stand up to experimentation. The experiments were unable to prove they worked. The folks doing them actually proposed that they would protect, and were rather shocked they didn't...

Part of it is that your airways have a large number of protective factors on their own- hair, mucous, skin, etc. A piece of porous fabric is no where near as effective as what was evolved to protect you.

Unfortunately, too many folks are rather trust their own beliefs than study things and live by the research. Note this isn't the province of any one group...

The other side of the surgical mask is it keeps blood, pus, and other fluids out of the faces of the surgical team. You would be surprised how far things fly under pressure from an operative site. It may not be proven to prevent infections, but honestly when doing a I&D procedure, I will put on a mask and glasses just to prevent that.

Coincidentally, urine and stool don't fall in to the infectious waste category... yet I don't know anyone who likes to get it in their mouth or on their skin...

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay, if the studies show masks don't work, I'd be a fool to insist otherwise. If I were to visit a Covid victim at bedside, I think I'd still want a mask, as sort of a crutch.

As far as common sense, Einstein once said something like "common sense is merely the collection of biases we've accumulated by age 18."

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, if the studies show masks don't work, I'd be a fool to insist otherwise. If I were to visit a Covid victim at bedside, I think I'd still want a mask, as sort of a crutch.

As far as common sense, Einstein once said something like "common sense is merely the collection of biases we've accumulated by age 18."

And your lawyers mind can’t comprehend…wow

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I hope y'all have settled that diversion from the OP premise.

Now, back to the premise:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...55bddc62e7894b&ei=84

Maddow on the Gaza hospital bombing: ‘We as humans have to believe that the truth matters’

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19772 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
What is the truth here^^^?

I have heard many things.

I refuse to listen to the mad-cow.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, here's other sources:

(I tried to find most recent)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/18...ng-claims/index.html

News outlets in fog of war amid dueling claims on Gaza hospital bombing

Analysis by Oliver Darcy, CNN Business
3 minute read
Updated 8:01 AM EDT, Wed October 18, 2023

https://apnews.com/article/isr...9eb62e95509cab95b80c

After blast kills hundreds at Gaza hospital, Hamas and Israel trade blame as rage spreads in region

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19772 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...7a580542846c9c&ei=19

Israel approves entry of humanitarian aid to Gaza from Egypt after U.S. pressure
Story by Barak Ravid •
46m

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why it's impossible for right-wing governments to handle a crisis
Story by Thom Hartmann • 5h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...296f60184185ab&ei=55

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opposite example.

Winston Churchill in WWII. They were the right wing party in Britain then.

quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Why it's impossible for right-wing governments to handle a crisis
Story by Thom Hartmann • 5h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...296f60184185ab&ei=55

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
CNN

A day after a deadly blast tore through Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza, sparking protests across the region, the United States has released its own assessment of what caused the devastation.

Israel has laid out evidence that it said shows a misfire by militant group Islamic Jihad caused the blast, and US President Joe Biden on Wednesday backed that explanation, citing US intelligence. A spokesperson for the National Security Council later said that analysis of overhead imagery, intercepts and open-source information suggested that Israel is “not responsible.”

Source

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b741a046ab21a5&ei=19

Gaza 'safe zones' bombed by Israel; Hamas likely used North Korean weapons: Updates
Story by John Bacon, Thao Nguyen and Kim Hjelmgaard, USA TODAY • 15m

"Israeli Air Forces continued to strike southern areas despite the directive for people in #Gaza to move south," the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) tweeted. The agency said at least 14 of its own staff had been killed and nine more wounded − adding that the "actual number is likely to be much higher"

Israel Defense Forces says the military is attacking Hamas militants wherever they hide in Gaza and has accused the militants of taking shelter among the civilian population.

===============================================================

Yea, really, morally, all those "Hamas Militants" ought to bunch up and stand in the middle or a bare field, so Israel won't be forced into collateral damage and civilian deaths. Eeker And the craters would be convenient too, to bulldoze all the scattered body parts into and cover up.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...d2054d9035fa91&ei=13

Hamas's Hospital Lie and the Laws of War
Opinion by The Editorial Board • 16h WSJ

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hamas starting to 'understand the severity of their situation,' says negotiator

https://youtu.be/Gg6LzfDHg3U?si=X6z93u_QYqtjTTWu

'Orders of magnitude more difficult': Petraeus on urban combat

https://youtu.be/RYtxWLVwH_Q?si=lj9dOdp_OLRz05D3

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If I were Netanyahu…the northern 1/3 of Gaza would already be total rubble. I would be starting on the middle 3rd in the morning and have southern marked on the calendar for the first week in November.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree w those results, but it is not going to be that easy.

Posts: 10955 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be expensive, but I’ve always wondered why Israel doesn’t open a temporary camp, strip search every one let in, then totally level and sterilize Gaza, put up new housing and infrastructure (with monitoring tech) and then put the displaced Palestinians back in. It would clear out all the hidey holes and weapons caches and give the Palestinians notably better conditions, and maybe stop some of the hate cycle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Middle East will never accept Israel long term occupation, annexation of Gaza.

It would unite all the Islamic states including Saudi Arabia and Iran on the issue.

I am concerned a “humanitarian corridor” everyone in the West and Middle Wast want will just be a rat line for Hamas to escape through, survive, and then attack.

Posts: 10955 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
And majority of Palestinian Arabs believe, attack on Israel is just fake propaganda
They will never accept Israel period

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
That^^^is exactly right.

I support Israel annexing Gaza. That is what I would do if I were Israel.

Short of that…we should negotiate it being annexed by Egypt…where we can hold them accountable for what happens their.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
That^^^is exactly right.

I support Israel annexing Gaza. That is what I would do if I were Israel.

Short of that…we should negotiate it being annexed by Egypt…where we can hold them accountable for what happens their.

Egypt and indeed just about every other Arab country don’t want the Palestinians. If they did, the Palestinians would already setting up shop there. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13164 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
And majority of Palestinian Arabs believe, attack on Israel is just fake propaganda
They will never accept Israel period

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I were Netanyahu…the northern 1/3 of Gaza would already be total rubble. I would be starting on the middle 3rd in the morning and have southern marked on the calendar for the first week in November.

Kind of like Mariupol?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14388 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Israel will never have peace UNLESS they annex Gaza. Get it done!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:

They were forced by the Bush administration in 2005 to leave Gaza to improve peace prospects with the Palestinians. They uprooted by force Israeli citizens and left a HUGE greenhouse operation for food and flowers run by several kibbutzim.

Did they get peace?

No

what happened to the greenhouse operations left so Palestinians could grow their own food?

After Israelis left dozens of greenhouses were looted by Palestinians of everything in them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna9331863

Why grow your own food when you can beg for it from rich nations.

And as for self determination for Gaza? the Palestinians elected Hamas to rule them.

Add to that Gazans also raided Egypt so Egypt built a wall too on their border. Why don't we hear of the Egyptian blockage?

Been there, done that. Israel can't re-annex Gaza. The world won't allow it and all it will mean is dead soldiers and more dead Palestinians.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They were forced by the Bush administration in 2005 to leave Gaza to improve peace prospects with the Palestinians. They uprooted by force Israeli citizens and left a HUGE greenhouse operation for food and flowers run by several kibbutzim.

Did they get peace?

No

what happened to the greenhouse operations left so Palestinians could grow their own food?

After Israelis left dozens of greenhouses were looted by Palestinians of everything in them.

And as for self determination for Gaza? the Palestinians elected Hamas to rule them.

Add to that Gazans also raided Egypt so Egypt built a wall too on their border. Why don't we hear of the Egyptian blockage?

Been there, done that. Israel can't re-annex Gaza. The world won't allow it and all it will mean is dead soldiers and more dead Palestinians.

Don

Then accordingly…there is no answer.

But, I don’t buy that. Israel should annex Gaza and the West (esp the damn USA) should stand behind them.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why would Israel want Gaza in the first place? Isn't it a shit-hole?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
S-holes are caused by the behavior of the folks living in them.

While a toxic waste dump qualifies, it’s a dump because the people dumped it there. Reclaim it, have folks who want it to be nice… no more s-hole.

Venezuela- get rid of the socialist- communists, get some human rights, get a stable government and economy and no more s-hole.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did they get peace?

No

Don

Then accordingly…there is no answer.

But, I don’t buy that. Israel should annex Gaza and the West (esp the damn USA) should stand behind them.

Israel cannot annex Gaza. That Saudi recognition desk would go away, and drive the Saudi’s into a place of agreement w Iran. The same goes for Egypt.

Israel does not want to cause a mass up rising in the West Bank. That is what a long term occupation of Gaza would bring.

It is like weeds. Spray them, kill them off, and when the grow and encroach back, do it again.

If Israel annexes Gaza, there will be no peace.

Egypt, Jordan, UAE, and Saudi Arabia all recognize Israel. No one wants to see that go away.

As for why Israel wants this AID. I cannot answer. I am not in the room. All I know is a GOP Senator and multiple news agencies confirmed they do.

The best one can hope for is to break them to have security for a time. There is no peace to be had.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
You may be correct. But it is not the route I would take if I was leading Israel.

And if I was running America…I would support that move.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then you would walk done the path to your own destruction causing a two front war, a mass uprising in the West Bank, and destroy all the work done in the last 50-60 years.

Long term occupation does not work. You will never kill them all. They all not all in need of killing.

Break them leave, do it again in twenty years.

There is no peace only security. Your plan destroys security.

Your annexation plan is not a plan. It is the destruction of international recognition for Israel, decades of war and insurrection; just like it was for us.

Israel does not want to drive Saudi Arabia into a policy agreement w Iran, Syria, and Lebanon. Israel does not want to set its international recognition on fire. It does not want a multi front war, with an insurrection finder and aided by Iran in the West Bank like we encountered in Iraq.

Remember all those IEDs. That came from Iran.

I know that bc US Airborne service member told me.

That is what you are advocating for.

This, I do not and would not support the Annexation of Gaza.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Then you would walk done the path to your own destruction causing a two front war, a mass uprising in the West Bank, and

destroy all the work done in the last 50-60 years.

I don’t see that it has accomplished a damn thing. Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I would definitely go a different route.

Long term occupation does not work.

I wouldn’t occupy…I would own it.

You will never kill them all.

Never know until you try.

They all not all in need of killing.

That is debatable.

Break them leave, do it again in twenty years.

There is no peace only security. Your plan destroys security.

Your annexation plan is not a plan. It is the destruction of international recognition for Israel, decades of war and insurrection; just like it was for us.

J. Lane Easter, DVM