One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
quote:
The Holocaust does not make the way the Israelis have treated the Palestinians okay. It was the German's running the concentration camps, not the Palestinians.

The camps were in Europe, but the Grand Mufti was all in for the extermination of the Jews from the ME.
They allied with Hitler and lost.
Too fucking bad.

The Palestinians don't want peace, they want to eliminate the Jews.

There's a simple premise about reaching a peace in the Middle East:

If Hamas and Hezbollah put down their arms, there will be peace in the Middle East.
If Israel puts down their arms, there will be the annihilation of Israel.

That's it.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibra...-and-the-f-uuml-hrer

None of that justifies the way the Israelis stole the Palestinian land or how they have treated the Palestinians since 1948. The Zionist were more than happy to use terrorism and ethnic cleansing to create the State of Israel. Plenty of Jews want to eliminate the Palestinians as well, this is not a one sided conflict. The fact that the Palestinians refuse to accept such treatment is in no way surprising. This will continue until something changes and the Palestinians are granted a State of their own.

Under Ottoman rule jews lived in relative peace with Muslims, this conflict did not heat up until the Zionist drove out 720,000 Palestinians to create a Jewish homeland.

No land was "stolen" and the Jews didn't drive out the Palestinians.
Read about the Mandate for Palestine which established a Jewish state. War has consequences and some people win and some people lose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandate_for_Palestine

These 12 points pretty well explain how we got where we are today. Not mine but pretty concise.

1.Many Jewish people, who were in exile since the first century AD, started going back to the holy land (aka Judea) in 1881, to join the existing Jewish community, but as farmers, not in the existing historical cities.

2.In those days the Turkish Empire ruled in the land (and also in the entire middle east).

3.In 1918 the Turkish Empire lost the war to the British and the French as part of WW1, and the British took over most of the territories in the middle east.

4.The British - thinking in a western manner - thought that by establishing nations the way it is normal in Europe they would be able to better rule in the middle east. SO they invented Jordan (never had such a state existed, never was there such a people, only some tribes with no nationality), they invented Saudi Arabia (same).

5.They were also given the Mandate to rule over the holy land in order to establish a homeland for the Jewish people. this was decided in 1920 by the League of Nations following WW1 (Mandate for Palestine).

6.When the British conquered the holy land from the Turks in 1918 some 500,000 Arabs lived on the land. There was No separate nationality. There were different tribes and family clans (Hamoula), but no Pslestinian nationality.

7.Between 1918 - 1948 (the year the British were forced by the UN to leave) the number of Jews greatly came up (the Jewish people’s return to this homeland accelerated) but also a great number of Arabs from Egypt and other Arab countries immigrated to the holy land because of the immense economic growth. Actually, the number of Arabs in 1948 in the holy land was more than doubled in these years.

8.On May 14, 1948, as the British were leaving the holy land, the Palestinians and armies from neighboring countries opened war to physically annihilate the Jews.

9.The war lasted a year and a half, during which many Jews were killed, also many Palestinians.

10.As the Arab armies invading the holy land (Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, and Egypt) were crossing into the land they ordered (ordered!) the Palestinians to leave the land so that they are not killed as they intended a swift and bloody annihilation. Many Palestinians left in a hurry, many stayed.

11.Those who left became refugees (~550,000), those who stayed … became citizens of Israel and today enjoy the best life Arabs have in the middle east.

12.In parallel Jews living in Arab countries were forced to leave their countries of origin. Jews from Morocco, Algiers, Tunisia, Lybia, Egypt, Yemen, Iraq, Lebanon, Syria were forced to abandon their belongings, businesses, etc. (some 900,000 left as refugees and arrived in Israel). They are today citizens of Israel.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a very one sided view of things. 720, 000 Palestinians were driven from Palestine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...t_political_violence

In 75 years the Jewish population has not been able to convince the Palestinians that what was done to them is acceptable, I do not think that will change.

Neither side is blame free in this mess. There are over 2 million Palestinians today, they will not forget and I do not believe that Muslims in other countries will either. If the Israelis continue with the status quo we will never see peace in the Holy land.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is a very one sided view of things. 720, 000 Palestinians were driven from Palestine.

In 75 years the Jewish population has not been able to convince the Palestinians that what was done to them is acceptable, I do not think that will change.

Neither side is blame free in this mess. There are over 2 million Palestinians today, they will not forget and I do not believe that Muslims in other countries will either. If the Israelis continue with the status quo we will never see peace in the Holy land.

You sound like Palestinian

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
quote:

You sound like a Russian troll Wink

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There were an awful lot of ex Nazis advising the ME states that true to end Israel.

I do not think there will ever be peace. The best we can hope for is security for Israel, orcas Trey said about Ireland an acceptable level of violence.

Posts: 10952 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Quit holding Israel to a higher bar than we ourselves.

We were in Afghanistan and Iraq for a score of years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

And what a huge mistake that was.....

Hard saying if Iraq/Afghanistan or Vietnam was the biggest foreign policy blunder of the post war period, one of them surely was.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And what a huge mistake that was.....

Not going to disagree. But it still demonstrates our hypocrisy.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
quote:

You sound like a Russian troll Wink

Russians seem to support Hamas

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, specifically what was the foreign policy mistake involved in Vietnam?

Afghanistan?

Iraq?

Not saying they were successes by any definition, but what were the foreign policy mistakes, specifically?

Seems to me that Vietnam was wrong place, wrong time.

Afghanistan was allowing mission creep.

Iraq was another wrong place, wrong time.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

Afghanistan?

Iraq?

Not saying they were successes by any definition, but what were the foreign policy mistakes, specifically?

Seems to me that Vietnam was wrong place, wrong time.

Afghanistan was allowing mission creep.

Iraq was another wrong place, wrong time.

In Vietnam we attempted to prop up corrupt leaders who didn't give a damn about their people.

In Afghanistan we were fully justified in going after Al Qaeda, through the Taliban by their choice. Our mistake was made when we had the leadership cornered at Tora Bora and Cheney pulled out many of our troops to prepare to invade Iraq and hired Afghan warlords to keep the cork in the bottle, which to the surprise of nobody they didn't do.

Instead we should have used 20 or 30 tactical nuclear weapons, a mix of air dropped and ADM, to seal up Al Qaeda's tomb and leave a lasting reminder for the next batch who got grandiose ideas.

Iraq was based on intentional lies and should never have happened.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

Instead we should have used 20 or 30 tactical nuclear weapons, a mix of air dropped and ADM,

introducing Thermonuclear Sarge-- international treaties and rule of law be damned....

seriously, tell us, what are you actually drinking?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

Instead we should have used 20 or 30 tactical nuclear weapons, a mix of air dropped and ADM,

introducing Thermonuclear Sarge-- international treaties and rule of law be damned....

seriously, tell us, what are you actually drinking?

Nuking Tora Bora would have been no more a violation of treaties or international law than the unprovoked invasion of Iraq was, would have caused vastly fewer civilian casualties and, by using small, tactical weapons, would not have affected large areas.

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the USA had used “small tactical nukes” then a precedent for their use would have been made and used in the future by say Russia.

I agree w the general idea. I disagree w the use of such weapons in Afghanistan

Posts: 10952 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
If the USA had used “small tactical nukes” then a precedent for their use would have been made and used in the future by say Russia.

We already set that precedent at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Russia will use nuclear weapons if, and only if, it's in their interest to do so, just like everybody else.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very long and very complicated. A little homework can clear that up for you. It never should have come to that. We were wrong and stupid, starting with Ike, and then doubling down.

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:

Except it won't be. The Israelis are doing a fine job setting up the next generations of bitter and angry terrorists. Won't be long until the children of Gaza are old enough to avenge relatives being killed today.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Russia will use nuclear weapons if, and only if, it's in their interest to do so, just like everybody else.

Thermonuclear Sarge --
nuke em all -- why? because he said so --

You know there's treaties that say we won't use nukes, AFTER the precedent of Hiroshima and Nagasaki --

key word - AFTER --

Well, we've determine that jeff shouldn't have access to nukes, due to "red flags"

#dumptrump

476AR,

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Except it won't be. The Israelis are doing a fine job setting up the next generations of bitter and angry terrorists. Won't be long until the children of Gaza are old enough to avenge relatives being killed today.

They are already killing Israelis.

They don't need an excuse.

What do you suggest, the Israelis just ignore the beheadings, rapes, murders of babies and old people.

I bet you think the invasion of Afghanistan and killing of Bin Laden was unjustified?

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
quote:

Thermonuclear Sarge --
nuke em all -- why? because he said so --

You know there's treaties that say we won't use nukes, AFTER the precedent of Hiroshima and Nagasaki --

key word - AFTER --

Well, we've determine that jeff shouldn't have access to nukes, due to "red flags"

Good news, I haven't had nor sought access to nuclear weapons since 1983.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What do you suggest, the Israelis just ignore the beheadings, rapes, murders of babies and old people.

I bet you think the invasion of Afghanistan and killing of Bin Laden was unjustified?

Don

Israelis killing Palestinians, Palestinians killing Israelis.

6 of one, a half dozen of the other.

I suggest a two state solution, something Bibi has been undermining for two decades.

I think the invasion of Afghanistan, the nation building specifically was unjustified. The killing of Bin Laden completely justified.

Plenty of blame to go around in this mess. The palestinians will not forget being driven from Palestine, you may want them to but from what I have seen that is not a likely outcome. Civilians have been targeted by both sides for over 75 years, neither side has much to brag about regarding their conduct.

I can only hope that America is not part of a multinational peacekeeping in Gaza after the current war ends. Seems like something we should stay far, far away from.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Palestinians took pregnant women hostage, sliced out their babies, beheaded the women and paraded the heads and babies skewered on bayonets through the streets while others cheered and chanted praise for the actions.

There is no dealing with this kind of barbarism. People capable of conducting or condoning such activity should not be allowed to exist.

I question the sanity of anyone who disagrees with this.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I question how the "good guys" can tell civilians to head to a "safe area" and then bomb those people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67264703

Seems like both sides are to blame to me, they are both happy to kill innocent people in order to forward political goals.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
That is my point. There are damn few IF any innocent people in Gaza...except the hostages taken there.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

You know how i am usually firmly in place for due process and rule of law, before reaching a damning conclusion?

This is the line that crosses to where *I* think you are a disgusting human being and are morally repugnant.

disgusting

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How can you claim that Netanyahu is the obstruction to a two state solution when (as quoted) the Palestinians have been unwilling to accept it?

I can get that some Israeli acts cause hatred on the part of some affected Palestinians.

But as has been well documented, the Israelis have repeatedly offered a two state deal that was quite generous (given the realpolitik lay of the land) it really is on the Palestinians and the folks they choose to represent them.

I don’t see why we should be particularly concerned about a horse that refuses to drink even though we have brought the water trough to it and filled it 3/4 full.

quote:
quote:

Don

I suggest a two state solution, something Bibi has been undermining for two decades.

I think the invasion of Afghanistan, the nation building specifically was unjustified. The killing of Bin Laden completely justified.

Plenty of blame to go around in this mess. The palestinians will not forget being driven from Palestine, you may want them to but from what I have seen that is not a likely outcome. Civilians have been targeted by both sides for over 75 years, neither side has much to brag about regarding their conduct.

I can only hope that America is not part of a multinational peacekeeping in Gaza after the current war ends. Seems like something we should stay far, far away from.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How can you claim that Netanyahu is the obstruction to a two state solution when (as quoted) the Palestinians have been unwilling to accept it?

I can get that some Israeli acts cause hatred on the part of some affected Palestinians.

But as has been well documented, the Israelis have repeatedly offered a two state deal that was quite generous (given the realpolitik lay of the land) it really is on the Palestinians and the folks they choose to represent them.

I don’t see why we should be particularly concerned about a horse that refuses to drink even though we have brought the water trough to it and filled it 3/4 full.

quote:
quote:

Don

There are credible allegations that Netanyahu has paid Hamas leadership for years to oppose a two-state solution.

He ranks with Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump on the Vile Leaders Wall of Shame.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Hamas and all of the Palestinians who put them in power have no interest in a two state solution and this is most certainly not a territorial matter.
They want to eliminate or at the least, subjugate the Jews - they say it themselves!

Straight from the Hamas Charter:

"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors. The Palestinian people know better than to consent to having their future, rights and fate toyed with. As in said in the honourable Hadith:

"The people of Syria are Allah's lash in His land. He wreaks His vengeance through them against whomsoever He wishes among His slaves It is unthinkable that those who are double-faced among them should prosper over the faithful. They will certainly die out of grief and desperation."

"...Under the wing of Islam, it is possible for the followers of the three religions - Islam, Christianity and Judaism - to coexist in peace and quiet with each other. Peace and quiet would not be possible except under the wing of Islam."

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
Hamas and all of the Palestinians who put them in power have no interest in a two state solution and this is most certainly not a territorial matter.
They want to eliminate or at the least, subjugate the Jews - they say it themselves!

Straight from the Hamas Charter:

"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors. The Palestinian people know better than to consent to having their future, rights and fate toyed with. As in said in the honourable Hadith:

"The people of Syria are Allah's lash in His land. He wreaks His vengeance through them against whomsoever He wishes among His slaves It is unthinkable that those who are double-faced among them should prosper over the faithful. They will certainly die out of grief and desperation."

"...Under the wing of Islam, it is possible for the followers of the three religions - Islam, Christianity and Judaism - to coexist in peace and quiet with each other. Peace and quiet would not be possible except under the wing of Islam."

Given the opportunity I think a solid majority of both the Palestinian and Israeli People would opt for an equitable two-state solution tomorrow. The hardliners on both sides depend on the conflict for power and money and will continue it as long as they are able to.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

Don

There are credible allegations that Netanyahu has paid Hamas leadership for years to oppose a two-state solution.

He ranks with Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump on the Vile Leaders Wall of Shame.

I am not calling you a lier. I am asking to provide a citation.

I do kit want the US to be part of ant peacekeeping, security action in Gaza.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

Don

I am not calling you a lier. I am asking to provide a citation.

I do kit want the US to be part of ant peacekeeping, security action in Gaza.

Link

“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas,”

I am not a Republican, I don't just make shit up.

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm no Bibi fan, but show me a credible source that says Bibi paid $ to Hamas to oppose a two-state solution.

You do know the cry "From the River to the Sea" is not a 2 state solution. It's to abolish Israel!!!!!

Geez, the shit one reads here......

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm no Bibi fan, but show me a credible source that says Bibi paid $ to Hamas to oppose a two-state solution.

You do know the cry "From the River to the Sea" is not a 2 state solution. It's to abolish Israel!!!!!

Don

There are two links in the post above yours. This was not a secret, the Defense Minister resigned over it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Don

quote:
Netanyahu's hawkish defence minister Avigdor Liberman was the first to report in 2020 that Bibi had dispatched Mossad chief Yossi Cohen and the IDF's officer in charge of Gaza, Herzi Halevi, to Doha to "beg" the Qataris to continue to send money to Hamas.

"Both Egypt and Qatar are angry with Hamas and planned to cut ties with them. Suddenly Netanyahu appears as the defender of Hamas," the right-wing leader complained.

A year later, Netanyahu was further embarrassed when photos of suitcases full of cash going to Hamas became public. Liberman finally resigned in protest over Netanyahu's Hamas policy which, he said, marked "the first time Israel is funding terrorism against itself."

Link

The Jerusalem Post and CBC credible enough? It's been reported in hundreds of other places.

Geez, the shit one reads here...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
During this long tenure, his approach to Hamas’ regime in Gaza has been largely leaving it alone — even at times propping it up as a counterweight to the Palestinian Authority that rules the West Bank, through measures like facilitating cash transfers from Qatar to the Islamist group. The basic idea, he reportedly said at a 2019 meeting of his Likud party, was that the existence of Hamas foreclosed a negotiated two-state solution to the conflict.

“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas,” he said in comments first reported by Haaretz. “This is part of our strategy — to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank.”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure did get quiet in here...

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So just to be to be clear Jeff…

…you are asserting that Netanyahu personally pays or supports payments made to fund Hamas so that Hamas can keep up its attacks on Israel to keep Israeli citizens for supporting a 2-state position from Israel!?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So just to be to be clear Jeff…

…you are asserting that Netanyahu personally pays or supports payments made to fund Hamas so that Hamas can keep up its attacks on Israel to keep Israeli citizens for supporting a 2-state position from Israel!?

No, I am asserting that it has been common knowledge, reported widely in the press for years, that Netanyahu facilitated the transfer of cash, reportedly as much as a billion dollars, from Qatar to Hamas and, when the flow slowed, personally appealed to Qatar to resume the payments, for the expressed purpose of preventing any two-state solution. THIS IS NOT NEW INFORMATION! His Defense Minister resigned after photos of suitcases of cash appeared in Israeli newspapers.

I have provided three links but a simple Google search will provide how ever many more you require.

I would reiterate that since I'm not a Republican I don't just make shit up or depend on conspiracy mongers.

And his stated purpose was more to prevent any possibility of unity among Palestinians than to influence Israelis.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
First off Jefffive middlefinger for the compulsory derogatory remarks you have to make. But, we all get used to it from your ilk.

But I read your links. They are a bit ambiguous to what the money was for. It appeared that it might humanitarian in nature similar to what the USA recently released — albeit, I am against that personally.

If I was Netanyahu…I too (an am unless it is Israel’s choice) would be against a 2-state option.

J. Lane Easter, DVM