THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Colorado-Ranchers face charges after 34 elk shot dead
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado-Ranchers face charges after 34 elk shot dead
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony
Till we next share a drink or a campfire beer

PS I still want to get some pics from you from some of our hunts.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Funny you mention the hunt pix. Just last night, I was thinking of trying to locate some of the slides and scan them. I believe I have some photos of you from the Mexico dove hunt, BC bear, 'lope on the Hualapai and Calif. blacktail. You weren't along when Tom Gresham and I hunted 'lopes in NM, were you? Can you think of any others?

Speaking of blacktail, have you been in any sort of recent contact with the two brothers who ran that super ranch in Calif.?

Not sure if I told you this before you left for OH, but for the last 10 years or so, Ellen and I have spent the night at the Del Rio in Navajoa every fall when we drive to our time shares in Mazatlan. That's the same place you and I stayed when we hunted the birdies down there. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Elk were taking away from his livelihood plain and simple..

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only other trip was to Nick's in Alaska
I haven't talked to Bill in years. I'll see if I can track down his number.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Right! Forgot that one, but...I don't think I have any pix of you from the AK trip. I'll check it out just in case, though.

Actually, I didn't get too many of myself since I was alone when I killed my bull and couldn't really take decent photos with the self-timer. There was no place to rest the camera other than the ground.

I still have the OLD numbers for the ranch and Bill's office in the article I had done after that hunt. Maybe I'll try to call him at that one next week. I'd love to get back there to kill another blacktail.

Although I had caped out the buck I killed and had it tanned, I wound up losing the cape because I kept in a trash bag too long without freezing it. So that and a Sitka are the only two of the common NA deer sub/species I don't have mounted.

The two big BC bears, a life-size blackbuck, my big lion and couple other capes suffered the same fate. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod:
Elk were taking away from his livelihood plain and simple..

I'd suggest you go back over the last 230 or so post and do some reading. The rancher in question leases the hunting rights on that ranch to an outfitter for $80,000 a year. I hardly think they were "taking away from his livelihood".

This has been beat to death.THe rancher broke the law and will probably pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $100,000 in fines. Let it go.

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote