New
Find
Notify
Tools

Petition to stop ANTI Hunting bill
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Everyone that cares about hunting should sign this. If it weren't for hunting think of how few Scimitar Horned Oryx ther would be. Look at how many Blackbuck, Axis Deer and Fallow deer there are now due to the fact that they have been released here for hunting. Even if hunting "Exotics" is not your cup of tea, what is next for these MORONS?

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?HR3829

Posts: 41901 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Petition signed....

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That' it??? One Signature! Come on guys, I hate high fences as much as the next guy but if you think that's all this is about you are fooling yourself. Hogs are considered an exotic animal in a lot of states.

And if this bill does pass what incentive do the landowners have to keep species such as the Scimitar Horned Orx, Pere David's deer and others? If they can't pay their way who is going to keep feeding them and expanding the gene pool, PETA???

Posts: 41901 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wayfaring Stranger
posted Hide Post
It says 1051 signatures...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the 270 won't do it the .338 will, if the 338 won't I can't afford the hunt!

Posts: 320 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 29 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
signed it........wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
I won't sign it.

Hunters have way too much to worry about with other issues right now that could seriously affect hunting. Why put our effort into protecting something that makes us look like blood thirsty slobs who are only interested in killing and trophies? "Canned" hunts are always under attack and many in this forum have attacked them themselves. I am cautiously optimistic that the majority of hunters out there still believe in the concept of fair chase, and this concept needs to be strengthened even more in order to attract new generations of hunters and retain the support of non hunters. People often fail to realize that non-hunters (I didn't say anti hunters) are probably the most important part of the population when it comes to the future of hunting. These are the people who don't necessarily hunt, but are not against it either. The majority of the US population fits into this category. When they see things they don't like they can easily become anti hunters, and ultimately support anti hunting bills and legislation. Canned hunts come to mind here, as well as other things like poaching, waste, litter, etc.

Why not spend our efforts on issues that really matter? Here's a few examples.

Young hunter recruitment
Access to public land
Habitat protection

The list goes on, but if we just sit back and do nothing about the stuff that really matters, wildlife and hunting will be lost anyway. If everyone would just spend a little time at the local level our future would be a little brighter. Take a kid fishing-even if it's not your kid. Teach a hunter safety course. Pay attention and get involved with habitat issues in your area. Promote fair chase, and don't tolorate anything less.

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Other than rekindling the discussion of texas ranchers or other exotic ranches in other states,lets look at the facts. The fact is, is that everytime we lose a tiny battle, we stand a chance of losing the war. So even if you wouldn't hunt an exotic on a ranch, other guys will. This encompases all hunting. We need to quit being babies and whining, lets stick together for once! This is no different than bow hunters, muzzleloaders, rifle hunters and houndsmen having a pissing contest. We need to support eachother 100%, all of the time, instead of being so selfish.
wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wapiti7:
Other than rekindling the discussion of texas ranchers or other exotic ranches in other states,lets look at the facts. The fact is, is that everytime we lose a tiny battle, we stand a chance of losing the war. So even if you wouldn't hunt an exotic on a ranch, other guys will. This encompases all hunting. We need to quit being babies and whining, lets stick together for once! This is no different than bow hunters, muzzleloaders, rifle hunters and houndsmen having a pissing contest. We need to support eachother 100%, all of the time, instead of being so selfish.
wapiti7

thumb

I too would rather enjoy the hunt and be skunked then "shoot fish in a barrel"...I can't say I am a fan of a "canned" hunt but it is about hunting in general... Every battle is important even if it doesn't directly impact our way of hunting...

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrHawg:
I won't sign it.

"Canned" hunts are always under attack and many in this forum have attacked them themselves. I am cautiously optimistic that the majority of hunters out there still believe in the concept of fair chase, .

what is sad to me is that there are supposedly "informed" people who cling to the concept that all exotic hunts and all high fence hunts are "canned".

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Olarmy yes that is sad but true.

But I just got to wonder where are those stalwart defenders of the high fence now.

Guys, this is about exotics "not" high fence or "canned hunting".

Give these morons enough room and the new elk in Tennesse ( relocated not original ), will be non huntable. The Desert Bighorn in far west Texas, nope. Wild ( feral ) hogs? Off the list.

Put your petty gripes aside! I hate high fences with a passion, but I have no problem at all with voting against this bill.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why not spend our efforts on issues that really matter? Here's a few examples.

Young hunter recruitment
Access to public land
Habitat protection

MrHawg,
The easiest, most cost effective way I know to introduce a young person to hunting is on a feral hog hunt. That won't be easy to do if the "Exotics" bill passes.
Your other points are just as Valid, they just are not specifically under attack by this particular bill. But unlike some, I stand opposed to any bill that infringes on the rights of HUNTERS. Whether they meet your qualifications of "HUNTERS" or not.

one of us
posted Hide Post
yep, you're right. Not too many folks are responding. Surprising, and disappointing.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Young hunter recruitment
Access to public land
Habitat protection

keeping non native species in check through hunting is HABITAT PROTECTION

get off your soap box and help

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Signed.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
signed.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38658 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
This isn't about "canned hunting. Read the actual TEXT
quote:
a) Prohibition- Whoever, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, knowingly transfers, transports or possesses a confined exotic animal ...

This is the part that persons will go to jail about. "Exotic" means non-native. "Killing" means that... so, bringing Brahma cattle would be the same THING

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38658 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I signed.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heat:
quote:
Originally posted by wapiti7:
wapiti7

thumb

I too would rather enjoy the hunt and be skunked then "shoot fish in a barrel"...I can't say I am a fan of a "canned" hunt but it is about hunting in general... Every battle is important even if it doesn't directly impact our way of hunting...

Ken....

+1

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I signed it.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I signed it

Anything to stop some pantywaste liberal trying to impose laws on the rest of us just because they dont like what we do.

Screw them, they need to mind their own damn business!!! Mad

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is the whole bill as it reads:

HR 3829 IH

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 3829
To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit certain interstate conduct relating to exotic animals.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

October 15, 2007

Mr. COHEN (for himself and Mr. WHITFIELD) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit certain interstate conduct relating to exotic animals.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Sportsmanship in Hunting Act of 2007'.

SEC. 2. TRANSPORT OR POSSESSION OF EXOTIC ANIMALS FOR PURPOSES OF KILLING OR INJURING THEM.

(a) In General- Chapter 3 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`Sec. 49. Exotic animals
`(a) Prohibition- Whoever, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, knowingly transfers, transports, or possesses a confined exotic animal, for the purposes of allowing the killing or injuring of that animal for entertainment or for the collection of a trophy, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

`(b) Definitions- In this section--

`(1) the term `confined exotic animal' means a mammal of a species not indigenous to the United States, that has been held in captivity--

`(A) the majority of the animal's life; or

`(B) a period of 1 year; and

`(2) the term `captivity' does not include any period during which an animal lives as it would in the wild--

`(A) surviving primarily by foraging for naturally occurring food;

`(B) roaming at will over an open area of not less than 1,000 acres; and

`(C) having the opportunity to avoid hunters.'.

(b) Conforming Amendment- The table of sections at the beginning of chapter 3 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following new item:

`49. Exotic animals.'.

So if you want to shoot something living in a cage, vote for against this bill. If you would rather the animal have a chance to run around and escape you, this bill changes nothing except you'll have to have a 1000 acre "pen" to hunt.

I guess Jimmy Houston's hunts would be severely impacted if this bill passes!

MG

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madgoat:
Here is the whole bill as it reads:

HR 3829 IH

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 3829

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

October 15, 2007

Mr. COHEN (for himself and Mr. WHITFIELD) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Sportsmanship in Hunting Act of 2007'.

SEC. 2. TRANSPORT OR POSSESSION OF EXOTIC ANIMALS FOR PURPOSES OF KILLING OR INJURING THEM.

(a) In General- Chapter 3 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`Sec. 49. Exotic animals
`(a) Prohibition- Whoever, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, knowingly transfers, transports, or possesses a confined exotic animal, for the purposes of allowing the killing or injuring of that animal for entertainment or for the collection of a trophy, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

`(b) Definitions- In this section--

`(1) the term `confined exotic animal' means a mammal of a species not indigenous to the United States, that has been held in captivity--

`(A) the majority of the animal's life; or

`(B) a period of 1 year; and

`(2) the term `captivity' does not include any period during which an animal lives as it would in the wild--

`(A) surviving primarily by foraging for naturally occurring food;

`(B) roaming at will over an open area of not less than 1,000 acres; and

`(C) having the opportunity to avoid hunters.'.

(b) Conforming Amendment- The table of sections at the beginning of chapter 3 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following new item:

`49. Exotic animals.'.

So if you want to shoot something living in a cage, vote for against this bill. If you would rather the animal have a chance to run around and escape you, this bill changes nothing except you'll have to have a 1000 acre "pen" to hunt.

I guess Jimmy Houston's hunts would be severely impacted if this bill passes!

MG

All that does is show the ignorance of whoever wrote the bill. Putting a 1,000 acre limit on high fenced hunting ranches is utter bullshit. I've seen 100 acre places that would be much harder to kill animals on than some 1,000 acre places where there are no trees and just grass. This is just a sick attempt to place limits on our freedoms. If you don't like it..........fine...........don't do it. But don't try to keep me from doing it. This is only the first step of a large scale plan to get rid of all sport hunting in the U.S. I'd sign this thing twice if I could. Shame on any hunter who doesn't sign it.

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
SIGNED!!

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who shoots something in a pen gives hunters a bigger slap in the face than regulating the size of a cage someone should hunt in to kill someone's pet.

You Texans and your big dick contests...how much would you give me to shoot my pet lab in my backyard? I bet he'll book.

MG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Madgoat,
Do you even understand what ranches that raise exotics have done? Please don't let your pride, anger and ignorance take over your thinking. These ranches have helped many species basically come back from the dead. Scimitar horned oryx, addax, blackbuck and axis deer to name a few. We, as americans and hunters are showing unprecidented conservation and animal management. Without hunters paying to hunt these animals, there would be no more animals. Just as all of our north american animals as well. Your arguement is being made out of an emotional outrage and a difference of opinion, not a rational view point.
wapiti7
Thank you, ranchers, for all that you do. Besides making money, you provide hunting opportunities for kids, handicapped, first time hunters and guys wanting an exotic that can't be had in its home range. Keep on breeding!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Signed

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SIGNED

Eagles from above

Posts: 147 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Signed, #1094.

Now, for all you dumb son-of-a-bitches that thinks this is just a Texas thing, why don't you pull your heads out of your asses and get a breath of air.

Not everyone in Texas hunts high fence properties and not all high fence properties have exotics.

This is just one more attack on hunting, and like others have already mentioned, every victory that the anti's win, just brings ALL HUNTING OF ANY KIND THAT MUCH CLOSER TO EXTINCTION.

People that don't realize that should get out of the sport now, and let the folks that want to keep hunting alive fight this battle with out all the bullshit about what is or isn't hunting.

If the bullshit don't stop, we are all going to be setting around in the not too distant future talking about how if everyone would have dropped the bullshit stuff we might still be able to go hunting.

If you are against and think the petition is not worth your time and trouble why not just move along to the next topic and keep your stupid mouths shut.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read this on a bathroom wall in Colorado and just had to use it..."Here I set my cheeks a flexin, just gave birth to another Texan..." moon

All joking around aside, Texas and their "canned hunts" have done more to fuel the antihunting communities fire than anything or anyone combined. Shoot zoo animals at the zoo and people are bound to get pissed! pissers

Look at these lawsuits....they are all about "canned hunts", high fences, high fence operations, etc....all you high fence lovers have done this to yourselves! I don't consider shooting a caged animal that was raised like livestock "hunting". I don't consider folks who shoot stuff behind a high fence "hunters". When someone threatens my hunting heritage (hunting fair chase, free roaming animals) I'll be the first in line to kick their asses, but I'm a little hesitant to jump in line to protect someone's livestock who limits regular Joe Hunter opportunity when he is just trying to make a buck with concern of the critters as an after thought.

MG

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madgoat:
I read this on a bathroom wall in Colorado and just had to use it..."Here I set my cheeks a flexin, just gave birth to another Texan..." moon

All joking around aside, Texas and their "canned hunts" have done more to fuel the antihunting communities fire than anything or anyone combined. Shoot zoo animals at the zoo and people are bound to get pissed! pissers

Look at these lawsuits....they are all about "canned hunts", high fences, high fence operations, etc....all you high fence lovers have done this to yourselves! I don't consider shooting a caged animal that was raised like livestock "hunting". I don't consider folks who shoot stuff behind a high fence "hunters". When someone threatens my hunting heritage (hunting fair chase, free roaming animals) I'll be the first in line to kick their asses, but I'm a little hesitant to jump in line to protect someone's livestock who limits regular Joe Hunter opportunity when he is just trying to make a buck with concern of the critters as an after thought.

MG

Well...........Mr. Goat............that just goes to show you really don't know shit about the subject. You have a disorder commonly referred to in Texas as "diarrhea of the mouth" because pretty much everything you say is bsflag.

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
quote:
When someone threatens my hunting heritage (hunting fair chase, free roaming animals) I'll be the first in line to kick their asses,

Sir you are a very great fool or a very bad liar. these people are asking you to help protect all hunting by stoping the peice meal outlaw of all hunting.

are you so short sighted as to believe that people who want to outlaw hunting will stop short of your so called ethical hunting?

Is it your belief that the people who wish to outlaw all hunting or killing of any animal dont mean you or your way of life harm?

the differances you try to put up between your "sacred" hunting and other peoples "canned" hunting do not exist except in your mind.

you say you are willing to let anti hunting legislation happen because it seems not to effect you and then want to wave your cock around about all the ass you will kick when your rights are on the block. bull

it may not be the end all to you and me but the actual hunting ends with the death of the animal to a anti hunting dipshit that is the long and short and it does not matter what flowery explanation you put on it they want it stopped.

what is at stake here is the killing of animals by "huntintg" how and for what reason does not matter at all just the killing by "hunting" .

the anti hunting people want hunting stopped and they are not going to let you define what hunting is ok and what should be outlawed. your continued insistance that all hutning done in a manner not aproved by you is not hunting is only speeding their cause allong.

the hunting of exotics in texas is by no means done only on high fence game ranches we shoot them all the time on our low fenced place and they come and go as they please on way less than 1000 acres. I dont want hunting them outlawed by some federal b.s. so if it is not to much trouble help a brother out here. or at least STFU and let those of us willing to fight the good fioght for you get on with it.

thanks in advance for your help and time.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
Don't waste your time with online petitions.

They have absolutly NO credibility with officials. There is no way to validate the signers. Anybody can set up multiple email addresses and one person can sign an online petition 100's of times if so motivitated. The powers-to-be know this and completely ignore them.

At best, an online petition is an easy, "feel good" statement. At worst it's a way to set yourself up for lots of spam.

If this - or any other issue - is important to you, take the time to personally write your representatives. A single, simple handwritten postcard has more clout than millions of signatures on an online petition.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bigasanelk, you are absolutely correct.

For those few that refuse to sign because it deals with high-fences, I think your actions are short-sighted. The anti-hunting groups like the humane society are merely starting with the so-called canned hunts. If they are successful they will move their resources onto other types of hunting with their goal the ultimate ban of all hunting.

Signing an on-line petition may feel good, but it is not effective. Send a letter to your Congressman or Senator and be sure to be a member of an organization like SCI or the NRA.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem that many people, both on this site, but others, and people that don't even now how to use a computer do not understand, this issue is not just about hunting or the way it is done, or why it is done.

This is about people that want ANY and ALL human manipulation of ALL Animals stopped.

These folks don't just want the blood sports stopped, they want farmers and ranchers put out of business, they want pet stores closed down.

They don't want people to own pets.

They don't want people to eat meat or wear articles made from leather.

Too many hunters have a warped and unrealistic attitude about what hunting is and what it means.

ANYONE on this site that hunts with ANY form of modern hunting equipment, i.e. a scoped center fire rifle, a compound bow, any of that stuff, is NOT a FUCKING HUNTER, I DO NOT CARE WHERE THEY ARE DOING IT.

If a person wants to be a REAL - TRUE - HUNTER,
haul your dipshit ass out get a stick and a rock and go shoeless and wear a breech clout.

I really don't care how many of you think your a REAL hunter because you do it on PUBLIC LAND, I do not believe many of you will give up the modern conviniences you use in your way of hunting.

One other thing that needs to be addressed, since so many uninformed people want to throw Texas under the bus, desn't ANYONE believe that a Land Owner has the right to do WHATEVER THEY WISH with the land they own and pay taxes on.

Let's throw a couple of hypotheticals in here.

If it came down to a Public Referendum as to whether to outlaw high fence hunting or hunting altogether, how many would vote to outlaw the high fences?

Now, fast forward 18 to 24 months after that vote and a new referndum comes up for vote stating that either all hunting will be outlawed, or only hunting on private land will be allowed?

Now on each of these issues, some folks will be losers, does anyone in their right mind or in their wildest dreams think that those folks that lost out in one of the other elections is gonna vote for a program that will only let a few priveledged individuals participate.

I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

This constant bsflag infighting among hunters needs to be put way back onthe back of the stove and we ALL need to focus on keeping hunting alive, or the generations coming up behind us will never get to experience it.

In my opinion, the United States is entering some of the most turbulent eras in our history, including I believe the Civil War, and for those that don't know, it did actually happen and it wasn't just about slavery.

The rights or abilities to both hunt and own guns are going to face more opposition than ever before.

I feel that if things are as they are now, are still the same by 2015, it will be a huge miracle.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't add the word "hunting" or "hunters" to those engaged in harvesting animals owned by the landowner behind some high fence and we don't have a problem. Wild = hunting, fenced in = shooting livestock. From the sounds of things, some pets are harder to find behind the fence than others, but it is still killing livestock. And as far as "alienating hunters" is concerned, from what I gather, unless you have a lot of $$$$ in your pocket, much of Texas is offlimits to regular Joe's.

If a quacks and walks like a duck, call it a duck and quit trying to bullshit us all into thinking you're a hunter.

High fence & privately owned wildife = shooting livestock.

Reading this legislation that has all you Texans pissed only seems to give the pursued animal more of a chance...rather than buying it, letting it free Friday and trying to kill it Saturday. Maybe you should get a lawyer to interpret it for you.

MG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MadGoat, maybe you should do all of us a favor and drop dead.

I was born and raised in Texas, and I don't hunt high fence properties.

In fact I am hunting on 20,000 acres of public land.

I noitice that you didn't adress any of the issues I raised in my last post, all you can do is run your head about how bad things are in texas and what low lifes all of us that live here must be.

You ever been to Texas or tried hunting there???

How much land do you own up there in Wyoming??

Don't you think you should be able to do with it as you please?????

Let me get this straight, you think setting 300 or 400 yards away from an animal and slinging lead at it is hunting as long as it is done on public land.

For some strange reason, the people that want this bill passed lump all people that kill an animal by any means together as HUNTERS.

It doesn't matter to them how you, me or anyone else kills an animal or where (my, I think that has already been said a time or two on this thread), or with what.

In their opinion, we are all hunters and they are determined to stop ALL of us from doing that.

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
quote:
If a quacks and walks like a duck, call it a duck

If it runs its mouth and is from why-o-ming it must be an asshole.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:
quote:
If a quacks and walks like a duck, call it a duck

If it runs its mouth and is from why-o-ming it must be an asshole.

AMEN patriot

one of us
posted Hide Post
So you have nothing to worry about crazyhorse if you hunt public land in TX. This bill doesn't affect you, unless you decide to kill someone's privately owned livestock.

As far as the whole "300 to 400" yard bit on public land, where did you pull that out of???

I guess if you don't differentiate between slaughtering livestock and hunting, maybe we should call the Mexicans working at the processing plant in Greely Colorado "hunter".

Oh Crusher and Eland Slayer, you so badly hurt my feelings...please do all of us a favor and never leave your precious Texass!

MG

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
man you are one thick as a brick hardhead. this shit has f--all to do with texas or goat rape wyoming or where the hell ever you are from. we are talking about more govt control over what you do. get it ? you are telling us that the federal govt of the u.s.a. that could not find its ass with both hands needs to get involved in the way animals are allowed to be killed and pass another usless law. because it does not seem to affect your hunting on this one you think its ok to stand on the sidelines.

what do you expect all us TEXANS to do when the feds decide that allowing hunting on land belonging to or being controled by the feds is blood sport and should be outlawed . or how about they declair all of wyoming a game sanctury and close hunting there perminantly.I dont hunt govt land or in wyoming so Under your example I should just cease to give a shit and throw stones at anyone that would help you. what are you some kind of democrat we need more big govt to help make us right assclown.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT