New
Find
Notify
Tools

Petition to stop ANTI Hunting bill
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Last time I checked, we didn't have "exotic" animals here in Wyoming that were in need of protection from fuckwads like yourself Crusher, who would rather shoot them in a cage because you don't have the mental capacity or woodsmanship skills to actually hunt them in the wild.

We wouldn't have this entire quandry, if it wasn't for the privitization of wildlife that TX and other states have allowed, and the "industry" of folks who sell canned hunts to dipshits who can't hack it outside their SUV and heated hunting blind.

Here is a fact for your little inbred Texas brain, THE HUNTING COMMUNITY WOULD NOT BE DRAGGED INTO DEBATES OR THREATENED WITH BILLS LIKE THIS ONE IF YOU WOULDN'T HAVE OPENED PANDORA'S BOX WITH THE WHOLE "HIGH FENCE", "EXOTIC HUNT" INDUSTRY THAT LANDOWNERS IN TEXAS AND OTHER STATES WHO "OWN" WILDLIFE HAVE MADE FOR THEMSELVES!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE PROBLEM IN THIS WHOLE DEBATE, IF YOU CAN'T GET IT INTO YOUR PEA BRAIN YOU SHAT IN YOUR BED ON THIS ONE YOU'RE AS STUPID AS THE DIPSHIT SENATOR WHO PRESENTED THIS BILL!!!

MG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wanted to update my profile to include my location before I posted here, so I did. There were two branches of my family that came to Texas as part of "The Old 300". These were the original colonists who came with Austin in the early 1800s. We do hold this state precious. It was bought with blood and lives. Madgoat, I really don't think you know what you're talking about when it comes to how most people hunt in Texas. Most people don't hunt high fenced pasture. Some do. Those that do, do so completely by choice and they kill what they kill by the means they choose and according to what their pocketbooks will bear. There are those that build their high fences not so much to keep the animals in but to keep the paochers out or because they place a high value on their privacy and can well pay for it. It is not for you or me or certainly not the state or federal govt. to say yea or nay about it.

I don't like or agree with canned hunts but there are a lot of things that I don't like or agree with and they are still there. I don't like or agree with gun control or anti-hunting advocates or their agendas and yet they are still there and they are not going to rest until all the guns are slag and all the hunting and hunters are buried.

Don't give them any part of what is ours, whether it is the best or the worst, good or bad, from Texas or Wyoming. Don't give away any part of it. We can police ourselves, we don't need any help form the Feds.

Name calling and bickering only brings out the worst in us.

Texas is also known as the "Freindship State", lets keep it that way, and if it can't be kept friendly then we just have to be bigger men about it.

Alan

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 511 | Location: Goliad, Texas | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
sonny you would not know a fact if it bit you where your balls are suposed to be. I had high hopes you would understand that the govt control of anything is not a good idea clearly you are to stupid for that. and you want to make this personal so lets play. You are just some punk who thinks he knows all there is to know about everything so lets get the tape measure out and see. list us all off the vast hunting exp.

I will start if you like. I never have hunted inside a high fence so that is that matress man. I guess im not the problem in your rant.

I am no rich guy and I have hacked it in 7 countrys so you are wrong yet again in your assumptions.

unlike you freeloaders when people from texas want to hunt we do what is right and work to buy it instead of waiting for it to be provided for free by the govt. or good natured land owners.

the whole we made this mess idea you want to through around is so far fetched it is unbelievable. What buisness is it of yours or the feds what we do on private land in texas you say yourself we own the land and the game /"exotics" so what need of a law of any kind from the feds regulating that.

if you believe that anti hunting needs to have exotics and high fence to have a need or want to outlaw all hunting "including yours" you are clearly in need of someone to remind your window licking retarded ass to breath in and out.
the anti hunting and lawsuit crowd hits high fence and exotic operations because it is easy its easy becaUse self serving people like you want to point the finger and let it happen because of your petty coward b.s. .

I want to defend all hunting yours the high fence guys the houndsmen trappers falconers EVERYONES HUNTING.

yOU WANT TO PLAY HIGH SCHOOL HARRY HARDON AND PLACE BLAME AND SAVE YOUR OWN SORRY ASS AND LET EVERYONE ELSE HANG BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EFFECT YOU DIRECTLY YET. AND YOU FURTHER WANT TO BLAME THE VICTEM OF THE LAW SO YOU CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HAVING DONE NOTHING.

TRY AND POUND THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD DICKHEAD!

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alan R. McDaniel, Jr.:
I wanted to update my profile to include my location before I posted here, so I did. There were two branches of my family that came to Texas as part of "The Old 300". These were the original colonists who came with Austin in the early 1800s. We do hold this state precious. It was bought with blood and lives. Madgoat, I really don't think you know what you're talking about when it comes to how most people hunt in Texas. Most people don't hunt high fenced pasture. Some do. Those that do, do so completely by choice and they kill what they kill by the means they choose and according to what their pocketbooks will bear. There are those that build their high fences not so much to keep the animals in but to keep the paochers out or because they place a high value on their privacy and can well pay for it. It is not for you or me or certainly not the state or federal govt. to say yea or nay about it.

I don't like or agree with canned hunts but there are a lot of things that I don't like or agree with and they are still there. I don't like or agree with gun control or anti-hunting advocates or their agendas and yet they are still there and they are not going to rest until all the guns are slag and all the hunting and hunters are buried.

Don't give them any part of what is ours, whether it is the best or the worst, good or bad, from Texas or Wyoming. Don't give away any part of it. We can police ourselves, we don't need any help form the Feds.

Name calling and bickering only brings out the worst in us.

Texas is also known as the "Freindship State", lets keep it that way, and if it can't be kept friendly then we just have to be bigger men about it.

Alan

ALL IN ALL I LIKE YOUR ANSWER BETTER BUT OH WELL.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posted 24 November 2007 05:36 Hide Post
So you have nothing to worry about crazyhorse if you hunt public land in TX. This bill doesn't affect you, unless you decide to kill someone's privately owned livestock.

As far as the whole "300 to 400" yard bit on public land, where did you pull that out of???

I guess if you don't differentiate between slaughtering livestock and hunting, maybe we should call the Mexicans working at the processing plant in Greely Colorado "hunter".

Oh Crusher and Eland Slayer, you so badly hurt my feelings...please do all of us a favor and never leave your precious Texass!

MG

Anytime any proposed legislation effects any form or way of hunting, it will ultimately effect all hunting.

If you don't understand that, you are dumber than a Prairie Dog.

As for the 300 or 400 hundred yard stuff, what difference is there to the animal that is being shot, between that and being shot at 100 yards inside of a high fence area, not one damn bit, the animal don't care or know any better.

You have made your feelings quite clear, not really on the subject, but about Texas and Texans, BFD.

Your not gonna change any of us that are from Texas, minds, we don't want to see any legislation passed that either infringes on our hunting rights or the rights of landowners to do as they choose with their property.

Your not worth the time, trouble and effort to try and get you to understand that this threat is directed in the end, at ALL hunting, not just high fence and exotics.

You have a great life and just live in the little fantasy world you have created for yourself thinking that you won't end up losing your right to hunt along with the rest of us.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all the kind comments...I can see your points of view, but if you all don't understand that this "high fence" and "exotic" nonsense was create in your neck of the woods and has become the premiere target for anti-hunters you need to pull your heads out. There wouldn't be a target on hunters like there is if it weren't for the trophy madness and game ranching that has been created by the greedy.

Killing someone's pet behind a high fence is not hunting...why not just call folks who work in slaughterhouses hunters then?

If you want to encourage the privitization of wildlife, the exclusion of hunters by fencing up the countryside (we have HUGE ranches here too, as well as poaching, but we're not so insecure with ourselves that we feel the need to erect a high fence) go ahead...just keep the remesh to yourselves.

I've heard the freemen attitude before...the gov is out for your guns and to take away your livelyhood...run for the hills. Why not call your rep or senator in TX and ask that they push for a "hunting heritage bill" or something similar? Instead of knee jerk reactions and bullshit internet polls why not stand up like men. God knows I've sent my share of letters.

MG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MG, what you do not understand or see, is that the anti forces realize that they can not make a full all out frontal assault against hunting.

At this point in time, it isn't gonna work in their favor.

So their ploy, and one that due to issues like this one and the way it polarizes hunters into various little camps, is to find these type issues and pick them off one at a time.

You, and a lot of other folks feel that high fence operations of any kind are killing hunting.

The antis know this because hunters are not the only people that view hunting forums.

The antis know that they will actually gain support from hunters in getting legislation like this proposal passed.

Any hunter that does not believ that needs to look around.

It is like the NRA states, it is either support ALL gun ownership or none, because the things you do not support are the areas the antis will attack first.

So MG, if you and those of the same mind set, get high fence hunting shut down, while you may feel that you have struck some great ethical blow for hunters, how are you gonna feel 3 or 4 months down the road when another group decides that Assault-Type rifles should be outlawed from hunting, or archery hunting outlawed, there are so many issues that we as hunters, allow to divide us into these very vocal and close minded camps.

You are convinced that Texans all hunt on high fence places and the we all like the situation just fine.

Well Sir, you are flat wrong, lots of Texans don't like the situation that exists here. Lots of Texans would like to see more public ground or would like to see lease prices drop, or would like to see animals that are supposedely owned by the state, free to move around over the state.

But few Texans if any, want to see land owners lose their right to do as they choose with their property.

Now before you start running your head, yes, I am a land owner, and my 5 acres supports 0 deer and is low fenced. Do I think I should high fence it and turn it into a hunting preserve, Hell No.

Do I think there are some really poorly run high fence operations around the country and not just in Texas, Hell Yes I Do.

Do I want to see the Wildlife Management Areas that Texas Parks and Wildlife operates closed to the limited hunting that takes place on them as a management tool, since they are high fenced, Hell No.

While you and those that think and feel as you do, want to see the high fence operations all closed down and outlawed, those of us that see this as just an attack on hunting in general, shake our heads and wonder how in the hell hunting is going to survive another 10 years.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madgoat:
I appreciate all the kind comments...I can see Killing someone's pet behind a high fence is not hunting...why not just call folks who work in slaughterhouses hunters then?

MG

Hey MG
How many times have you hunted in texas? How many "high fence" operations do you there are here? I know you have made up your mind, and the facts won't change it..
less than 1% of the hunting areas are high fenced

MOST hunters in high fenced areas are either out of state hunters or rich guys that want to be certain of an animal

if you think EVERYONE in texas can afford a $5k deer, you have another think coming

Since you have never hunted a high fenced area, you ahve no clue what it looks like.

Tell you what...

come on down, we'll go "hunt a 55 gallon barrel" on about 1100 acres under high fence.

I'll paint the barrel neon green
put it in a spot i have personally shot a hog at
and give you 2 full hunting days to find it, dawn -30mins to dusk +30 mins.. legal hunting hours for white tail in texas

mean while, i'll go shoot an eland cow for meat... its not hunting, nope, but it is paying a man a fair rate for that sized animal for meat

if you find the barrel, i'll pay your license, flight, and daily rates...

if you can't find the barrel, you pay for my hunt and the eland cow...

when you coming?
Of COURSE you aren't, and you'll try to smokescreen it with "i wouldn't hunt under high fence" ... when the truth of the matter is you couldn't find it in 2 days if you hunted 24 hours a day for it..

do you hunt near water? natural food patch? edge of a field? ... i mean, seriously man... how can you call yourself a HUNTER if you hunt anywhere near where game is?

the whining can cocmmence... and yeah, the barrel hunt is open to anyone silly enough to try and take it...

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh that is right, the Texas scrub is so thick no mortal can possibly hope to kill an animal unless he puts a tall fence around it and places corn feeders around.

Hey Jeff, why don't you come over to the 200,000 acres of forest I hunt. I'll paint an entire cabin neon green and give you 5 years to find it. My guess is that unless it is 100 yards from a two track, you would never know where to look.

Hunting isn't being CERTAIN that you'll get a game animal. If that is the reason why people hunt, then go buy a beef and stay at home. Hunting should be about spending time in the woods, experiencing nature and getting some fresh air. Anymore, it is all about driving around, getting a "sure thing" behind a fence and "what do you think it will score?" nonsense. High fences were created just for slob ass lazy hunters who can't hack in the real woods so they need a "sure thing".

Then the high fence lover's wonder why "folks get pissed off when they discuss high fences and try to get them banned, shut down etc". Lemme tell you folks something, the majority of people in this country don't hunt, but don't have a problem with hunters or hunting. When they see Billy Bob braggin about the buck he bought and hear about "trophy preserve" and "high fence, escape proof fences" keeping privately owned game animals in for hunters who pay the biggest $$$ to kill them, they make up their own minds and get pissed.

This is a mess that was all created by 8' remesh.

MG

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
so you are not gonna try and find the drum then?

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Do a search on Madgoat's posts, and you'll see a real pattern of being anti-hunter (not anti-hunting, but anti-hunter).

I couldn't quite figure it out until another member told me that Madgoat is a (state) Fish and Wildlife officer who's been reprimanded in the past for "overzealous" enforcement.
Seems it's left a bitter taste for him.

Viewed in that light, his posts make more sense.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
madgoat ..
the wager is that you can't find a 55 gallon barrel in 1100 acres, as you seem to have the chip on your shoulder about texas hunting AND high fenced hunting (texas doesn't hold the patent on this, boyo) ...

So, put up or shut up ... I have presented you with the opprotunity to show us how unsporting high fenced hunting is ...

show up or shutup, prove your point, make me look like an ass...

unless, of course, you are a bit chicken to do so

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:
so you are not gonna try and find the drum then?

troll jumping lol

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
I only hunt "free range" 55 gallon drums. banana

I guess your definition of hunting is different than mine. Like I said before, I've got a fat lab in the back yard that I'm sure will book if anyone is interested. Lots of bushes, and the lot is about 3 acres...should make for a tough hunt.

I like your theory Garrett! Nothing I like more than cracking the skulls of some TN folks or beating up on innocent civilians. animal

MG

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
your about 5' 7" right?

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
Signed, #1105

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 226 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madgoat:
I only hunt "free range" 55 gallon drums. banana

I guess your definition of hunting is different than mine.

Nothing I like more than ... beating up on innocent civilians. animal

MG

It certainly is, as you are the one hawking the shooting of your own dog in your backyard, and I presented you a stalking challenge to prove me to be WRONG

all yak and no back (bone)
I have to tell you, I am now truely impressed..

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else noticed that MadGoat and some of his cronies are really good at posting bsflag, but they won't ever answer legitimate questions, such as,

How Much Actual Experience Have You Ever Had Hunting In Texas?

How Much Actual Or Factual Knowledge Do You Have About Hunting In Texas, Other Than The bsflag That You Have Picked Up From Some Of The Other People ON Here That Like Bashing Texas?

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Has anyone else noticed that MadGoat and some of his cronies are really good at posting bsflag, but they won't ever answer legitimate questions, such as,

How Much Actual Experience Have You Ever Had Hunting In Texas?

How Much Actual Or Factual Knowledge Do You Have About Hunting In Texas, Other Than The bsflag That You Have Picked Up From Some Of The Other People ON Here That Like Bashing Texas?

+ 1

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I am totally relieved to see that the entire future of hunting rests on the shoulders of a few voiciferous assholes who feel that if folks don't believe in their idealistic attitudes, then they are not TRUE hunters and are beneath contempt.

Whether you folks believe it or not the petition, irregardless of how min8imal an attempt it may be, is at least an effort to keep a form of what many people believe to be hunting, alive.

Yet, there are those among us that would rather set back and see hunting killed off in bits and pieces while maintaining the dream world attitude that the WAY THEY THINK THINGS SHOULD BE DONE WILL BE LEFT ALONE.

They have no actual concept or grasp on reality enough to realize that the more forms of hunting, and the more people that are forced out, just makes the final death of the sport that much easier.

Course I am sure that they don't share the NRA's belief that the loss of the right for a private citizen to own ANY firearm, will ultimately result in the loss of Any citizen to own ANY firearm.

The same holds true for hunting, ANY hunting method outlawed, makes it that much easier to expand to the complete outlawing of ALL hunting.

I feel sorry for our future generations and for the country, that something will be lossed, never to be opened again, due the the closed mindedness and idealism of a few.

one of us
posted Hide Post
CHC -

honestly, dude, you really need to grab two midol and a snickers and do some serious shopping or something.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
CHC -

honestly, dude, you really need to grab two midol and a snickers and do some serious shopping or something.

Some how, some way, that sounds like advice from some one that does that as regular part of their daily routine? Do you also eat your daily ration of prunes with that?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

nilly

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn guys! Some people...... I just got back from a hunting trip and thought I would see if any body gave a flip about the anti hunting bill and what do I find?????

Another I hate Texas thread.

Well it just kinda figures.

If you don't hunt in a way I approve of screw you.

If you don't hunt public screw you.

If you don't belly crawl through briars naked to kill an animal with a club screw you.

WITH THIS ATTITUDE HUNTING IS GONE.

SCREW THAT!!!!!

I am really beginning to think that TEXAS would be better off if we did seceed from the U.S.. That way we would not have to support or be a part of the rest of this country FULL of DUMBASSES.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
madgoat ..
the wager is that you can't find a 55 gallon barrel in 1100 acres, as you seem to have the chip on your shoulder about texas hunting AND high fenced hunting (texas doesn't hold the patent on this, boyo) ...

So, put up or shut up ... I have presented you with the opprotunity to show us how unsporting high fenced hunting is ...

show up or shutup, prove your point, make me look like an ass...

unless, of course, you are a bit chicken to do so

How about we take that same 1100 acres,send a good man in with his rifle,and YOU pay all the trophy fees for all the deer he can shoot in two days?I would think we could muster up a few volunteers? patriot

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JB, did you get my pm?
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
jb,

FYI, they don't allow Whitetail hunting on that part of the ranch. There's only a few Whitetail inside the high fence (probably around 25-30) and they don't hunt them.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
JB, did you get my pm?
GWB

I have now!!

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
jb,

FYI, they don't allow Whitetail hunting on that part of the ranch. There's only a few Whitetail inside the high fence (probably around 25-30) and they don't hunt them.

Surely,you would know,Im not serious.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems that we have gotten off track. What about the real issue here? Animals from around the world have been given a second chance to survive extinction! We are conservationists! WOW! I have never seen a bigger group of selfish, self centered, bickering "Hunters"
This is the reason that we, as hunters, always fail to unite and accomplish anything. I don't understand this attitude. So, if you can't stand together and support each other, just shut up and go away.
............wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about we take that same 1100 acres,send a good man in with his rifle,and YOU pay all the trophy fees for all the deer he can shoot in two days?I would think we could muster up a few volunteers?

Now, we have something a little more interesting here.

Lets see what kind of rules and money is being talked about here.

First off since your so adamant about being a true hunter, that means the person could not hunt the feeders or from the stands/blinds.

That means that the person is going to have to walk in from the gate.

No shooting of does or dinks.

Now I think, even though I could be wrong about this, that someway somehow something could be worked out on that one.

In fact, just to make the playing field level, the person that does the hunt will get their trophy fee paid, providing they kill something.

If at the end of the second day, that person has not killed anything, they have to pay the fee a cull buck on that property would have cost.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the person could not hunt the feeders or from the stands/blinds.

That means that the person is going to have to walk in from the gate.

No shooting of does or dinks.

Now I think, even though I could be wrong about this, that someway somehow something could be worked out on that one.

In fact, just to make the playing field level, the person that does the hunt will get their trophy fee paid, providing they kill something.

now, except for the trophy fee bullspit, and the fact that does are game animals too, you're starting to sound like you're going hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
now, except for the trophy fee bullspit, and the fact that does are game animals too, you're starting to sound like you're going hunting.

Contrary to some people who shall remain you and a couple of others, a lot of Texans go to places like western Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Newfoundland, and Nunavut, to get out and hunt stuff.

We can't really hunt that way in Texas, because only 3% of the land in Texas is Public and of that 3% only a miniscule portion allows hunting with rifles.

Most of the Public Land is limited to archery or shotgun with buckshot, a few places allow slugs and muzzle loaders.

If it isn't that, it is the fact the leases we have only cover a couple of hundred acres at best and the deer move between the places, so stalking and still hunting are pretty well out of the question for most people.

That is why I operate a guided javelina hunt service in west Texas, so folks can actually get out and understand what it means to actually stalk something, using the wind and brush cover to get with in range.

Does all that mean that I won't set in a stand and shoot a deer, Hell No.

It means I adapt to the situation, and while I may prefer one over the other, that does not mean that I think that one form or method is hunting and the other isn't.

The results are the same, a gun is fired or an arrow is released and an animal dies, it is all hunting.

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
yes,but it is so much more entertaining if we disagree. dancing
I sit in a stand all the time,got two of three deer that way this year.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
yes,but it is so much more entertaining if we disagree.
I sit in a stand all the time,got two of three deer that way this year.

Yes, but is it a case that if you set in a stand it is hunting, and when we do it, it isn't?

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
"Yes, but is it a case that if you set in a stand it is hunting, and when we do it, it isn't?"

I dont ever recall saying that.Please show me if Im wrong.

I also have never claimed to be a great hunter.I have gone home skunked many times.I'm sure I will be skunked many more times.If I got one every time I went out,Im sure I would be bored with it.
And pardon my opinion,but if I just payed to shoot a large whitetail,guarenteed a certain size,or next time is 75% off,it would take all the fun out of it.
That is just my opinion,and hopefully no one will wish I was dead for saying it because he doesnt agree with me.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heat:
quote:
Originally posted by wapiti7:
Other than rekindling the discussion of texas ranchers or other exotic ranches in other states,lets look at the facts. The fact is, is that everytime we lose a tiny battle, we stand a chance of losing the war. So even if you wouldn't hunt an exotic on a ranch, other guys will. This encompases all hunting. We need to quit being babies and whining, lets stick together for once! This is no different than bow hunters, muzzleloaders, rifle hunters and houndsmen having a pissing contest. We need to support eachother 100%, all of the time, instead of being so selfish.
wapiti7

thumb

I too would rather enjoy the hunt and be skunked then "shoot fish in a barrel"...I can't say I am a fan of a "canned" hunt but it is about hunting in general... Every battle is important even if it doesn't directly impact our way of hunting...

Ken....

Indeed.
I hate canned hunts, but I hate the state messing with us even more.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

No Sir, I don't exactly recall you saying it, but as part of a group that all have similar opinions about Texans and the way we hunt, there is such a concept as "Guilt By Association".

Don't set there and try to say that you do not lump all Texans together as a group, and to go along with that you consider how we hunt in Texas as not really being hunting.

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No Sir, I don't exactly recall you saying it, but as part of a group that all have similar opinions about Texans and the way we hunt, there is such a concept as "Guilt By Association".

Don't set there and try to say that you do not lump all Texans together as a group, and to go along with that you consider how we hunt in Texas as not really being hunting.

Maybe you should review what I have said.I dont remember ever saying anything about "Texas sucks".Ever.Certainly not "everybody in texas sucks".If you can find somewhere i did say something like that,Im sure you will point it out.

And I am not part of any "group".Anything I say is my opinion and mine alone.Anyone that agrees or disagrees with me is just that.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM