Notify
Tools

more pig pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Before....boar

After....barr

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Nice Job!

I'd love to get in on a hog cornered by Dogs!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like you guys know how to have some fun. Good job.

Posts: 39 | Location: N. Oklahoma | Registered: 31 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
since when is animal cruelty fun?

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldeneye:
since when is animal cruelty fun?

Where's the cruelty? Specifically? Don't drop a pile of shit here and run, son. Spell it out.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Animal cruelty? Please explain.

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see...

To me it is evident that releasing a pack of dogs that attack the pig, biting and holding a pig is just that....animal cruelty.

What do you call it?

Hunting?

Get real.

fat chicks inc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hog hunting in Sweeden...

Let me guess this is what you call hunting?

I guess we could all just stand at the bottom of a hill and wait for some pushers to push the little piggies to us so we can TRY to get a clean shot at it, how is that hunting anymore than catching them?

If you aint got the balls to do it yourself then dont do it, you aint got to get on here and hide behind the "animal cruelty" PETA speech.

quote:
What do you call it? Hunting?

As a matter of fact we do

Ben

----------------------------

Posts: 124 | Location: Waukeenah, Fl | Registered: 22 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So you think hunting can only be done with a gun?
Let me explain this to you, the "bay dogs" are let out first to "bay" the hog, then the "hunters" walk the catch dog in and release. The catch dog holds the hog for maybe 20 seconds until the "hunters" throw the hog then is pulled off. That is how it has been done here for years. Your just ignorant. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
white: no im not into the rambo thing...
the smaller the knife, the bigger the man you know......

mattyboy:

how many dogs do you need to bay the hog?

Why more than one?

Why do you "need to" bring another catch dog to hold it and bite it when you can shot it when bayed?

Is 20 seconds of suffering ok you mean?
what's the limit then?

So, it's been done that way for years. Is that indicating what?

Animal cruelty is a tradition you like to continue with?
You can't change?

fat chicks inc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

and you kill them with guns... so just how small a man are ya Big Grin

Posts: 124 | Location: Waukeenah, Fl | Registered: 22 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

as many as it takes to keep him from running

quote:
Why do you "need to" bring another catch dog to hold it and bite it when you can shot it when bayed?

because we don't shoot we catch

quote:
what's the limit then?

how long does a hog suffer from a bad shot?

quote:

It's in the blood Cool

quote:
You can't change?

You think I should change because YOU think it is animal cruelty ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
white: you missunderstood me.

this is not a question of being more or less of a man.

I'm sure you are more of a "man" than I am. And if you are not, I'd let you pretend you are...

fat chicks inc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
mattyboy, nice pics! Looks like you boys are having a good time clap

Goldeneye, there are lotsa ways to hunt hogs, and nothin wrong with catch dogs and knives. Hogs are thick across the entire southeast part of the US. Particularly in FL. and TX. So watch yer "holier than thou" insights.

Got a redneck sayin for statements such as yours....
"don't let your tweetybird mouth overide yer chickenshit ass!"

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the comments mad dog

I really don't want to argue with goldeneye about hunting. I think a hunter arguing with a hunter about animal cruelty is useless. PETA,ALF and a few others would be licking their vegetarian chops looking at this thread.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
... I think a hunter arguing with a hunter about animal cruelty is useless. PETA,ALF and a few others would be licking their vegetarian chops looking at this thread.

Very well said thumb

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:

mattyboy:

Why more than one?

what's the limit then?

Animal cruelty is a tradition you like to continue with?
You can't change?

You normally only use catch dogs when you are going to catch the hogs and not shoot them. You don't need catch dogs if your objective is to shoot them.

Cruelty?? Nah, you need to go on a hog/dog hunt and witness it yourself, then maybe -- just maybe, you will understand. I have seen more than a few dogs cut to ribbons by hogs and you don't hear the dog handlers screaming anything about cruelty. Hogs are tough animals.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're a disgrace goldeneye.....I see you're going to Africa soon.....your pussy-ass better stick to PG so the PH can walk you through the stalk and kill.......wouldn't want you to tree a leopard and then shoot it out of the tree since that is the ultimate in "challenging" hunts, huh?.

Let me spell it out: you're a fucking asshole to criticize the tradition of baying dog hunting.....and I guarantee you'd never voice your opinion to any one of our faces. Stick to sterilized 200 yard shots through a 4.5 x 14.

Don't voice an opinion about something you don't know a fucking thing about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matty:

No, I don't think you should change because I think it is animal cruelty.

If it is, I think you should change no matter who's the messenger. Knowledge is what it is without any need in bias because of the person.
But hell you can pretend I am god if you like. I know a lot of you guys like him......

Why is it a problem if PETA would check the page? sofa

Witworth: I'm sorry to hear the dog handlers don't care for their dogs...............

Norton: Thank you for contributing with nothing.

In general I think it's funny to hear that the main argument seems to be that I am a chicken, less of a man and a pussy... clap

fat chicks inc.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Witworth: I'm sorry to hear the dog handlers don't care for their dogs...............

You are missing the point again. The dog handlers do care about their dogs, but they also accept the risks involved. It's an occupational hazard.

I would suggest trying it before passing judgement.

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goldeneye:
Norton: Thank you for contributing with nothing.
QUOTE]

Let me repeat myself, douchebag: Don't voice an opinion about something you don't know a fucking thing about.

You're PETA in disguise.....if not, you oughta be seeing how you deem yourself able to decide which type of hunting is cruel or humane based on a photo.

I can bring this to a supra-cerebral level if need be......but I'd rather tell you to go have your boyfriend drop another Cleveland Steamer on your chest. Fucking loser.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norton,Whitworth

sorry guys but I think you are wasting your time with goldie. you cant explain enough for him to comprehend horse

One of Us
posted Hide Post
whit: sorry but our laws around here makes it illegal to hunt in a way that makes the game suffer to an unneccesary extent......

that is, having a pack of dogs biting and holding the game for no good reason.

That is what we call unethical around here.

Norton: Wow. Trailer Park?

fat chicks inc.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
whit: sorry but our laws around here makes it illegal to hunt in a way that makes the game suffer to an unneccesary extent......

that is, having a pack of dogs biting and holding the game for no good reason.

That is what we call unethical around here.

Liberal nation, liberal interpretation of hunting...... I suppose we don't want to hurt the feelings of the animals we hunt either...... Your explantion for the reasons hunting with dogs is not legal in your country is laughable.

So, don't you have elsewhere on this website to spend time? You know, where sensitive hunters can hold hands and give solace to one another after taking the life of an animal...... You come here and pass judgement on the way some choose to hunt and do not offer a sound argument but a cry for ethics in hunting. Don't knock it till you try it.

Good grief, man!

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
your total focus on men reminds me of this funny clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0lVbMOMTi0

at 8.00........

sofa

fat chicks inc.

One of Us
Picture of Swordfish
posted Hide Post
This is just killing me.
I got into one of these pizzin' contests on GrayBeards and basicly called the guy a homo, Christ they kicked me off the forum. Now I try to stay outa' these.
One thing I've learned, what ever you guys do, DON"T call anyone a homo or sudgest that they have those tendencies. I think everything else is OK.
Oh yea, nuthin' about Jesus ether. I know we'll meet later so I don't mess with that one anyway.

Catch 'em up Mattyboy, good dogs and nice hog.

There was a day when a smart hunter would catch the prey, bring it home alive, fatten it up, saughter for food when at it's best.

Now git out there and kill dem' hogs.

Posts: 242 | Location: Florida | Registered: 18 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks swordfish,

I give'em hell much as I can.

I don't know what it is with this guy but I think he has fell off the deep end.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, the trailer park you come to when you need a cleft palate repair or chest wall reconstruction, to name a few.

You've alienated everyone in this forum.....and I'm going to make it my purpose to make those in the other forums aware of your slant.

You're worse than the outed anti's because you are an enemy within.

All done here.

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
I'm thinkin' Goldie is a she, and doesn't like contact sports very much. Could be wrong.

These dogs are happiest doing this kind of hunting, it's what they were bred for.
The Boar is at his happiest if he can kill a few and escape--just as if they were wolves, lions, or leopards which he no longer has to face, courtesy of man the hunter.
The hunt, the fight, the kill, or the escape--much better than to be raised in a pen and slaughtered at age 8 months.

Pigs LOVE a good fight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0hoibl5E5o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...YiOY&feature=related

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norton: Nothing you have managed to say in this thread have been of any relevance.

You are setting the standard. I am not.

SG: Yes, most hunting dogs live to hunt and so do I.

I live to kill and kill to live.

But, as an intelligent human being I do have a responibility to behave in a correct way not just to other human beings but also to animals.

If you kill, kill clean.

Traditions are a sign of something that has not changed in a continously changing world.

Everything changes in the claws of time.

fat chicks inc.

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
And traditions frequently are such because they have had great value in the past, and may still possess value--if we can just see it.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen the changes!! most of them suck. Because liberal do gooders dont know what there talking about or how the natural world works.They have no idea what our unting life style is about.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Goldeneye, just because dogs are used, why do you assume that kills aren't clean? I sense that your hunting experience is limited.

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve give me a holler when you want to go kill some more pigs I would like to join you Big Grin you might even talk me into Bronzing a skull for ya Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
And traditions frequently are such because they have had great value in the past, and may still possess value--if we can just see it.

+1

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you might even talk me into Bronzing a skull for ya

I wanna see, you got any pics?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have only been pig sticking once, and that was in New Zealand. I really want to do it again, alas I don't know anyone that does it in the states, and there are no pigs in MA (at least none of the 4 legged kind).

Goldeneye, it isn't as bad as it looks. When I went the pig was cornered for probably 5 minutes while we got there (it was incredibly thick stuff) we come in, the dogs hold, flip the pig over, put a knee in the chest and send a 8" blade into the neck. The pig bleeds out very very quickly. Hell of a lot of shot animals don't die that quickly.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
I think this is an interesting discussion. Being a pig killer myself, and enjoying the sport, perhaps qualifies me to participate on this subject.

Goldeneye, don't fret too much about our buddy Norton and some of the others. Norton's really a nice guy - compared to a tribe of head hunters. Big Grin I think he drained his vat of oil - the one he used to boil whale meat and greenies. Heck, rumor has it that he is being recruted for his own reality show - something about making friends and influencing others. He should do well. Wink

I understand where you are coming from. As I get older, sometimes killing some critter makes me a bit squemish too, and frankly I don't think I have the fortitude to take up hog hunting with a spear or knife, and dogs. I really like hunting though, and I hope by sentiments don't ever get in the way of that.

I also understand the desire to hunt, especially hogs, with dogs and spear. IMO, it is truely a sport, and truely a legitimate form of hunting. Surely it's primal, but the hunter in all of us is primordial, and in our DNA. Think about it. This kind of hunting goes back thousands of years. Really - its origins are at the dawn of a time when wolves were frequenting the camps of prehistoric hunters. The first "dogs" they say, were really cooperative wolves.

This isn't much different than "the old days", when man used spears and knives of flint and arrows to kill his prey, and the help from dogs was a cooperative effort. I expect it was a bloody affair then as it is now. I suppose we could call it "tradition", but that word to me doesn't go back far enough. This kind of hunting is deeper in time that mere tradition.

The main difference now is that we don't have to hunt that way, but I believe those who choose to do it should have our full support. The dogs are different and much evolved, (thru selective breeding) compared to the days of flint, and the tools are steel now, but the spirit of the hunt is still the same.

I suggest that you open your mind about this. There are lots of "causes" for you to embrace where you can make a difference. I'm thinking this ain't one of them. But I do appreciate your opinion. Thanks for sharing. Really. Smiler

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kab: Thank you for a respectful post.

Yes, we all have it in our DNA. Some more than others and some just don't know it.

But, since we no longer are forced to hunt for our existence and since we do have a lot of people out there who do not like hunting, it is really important to be able to justify what you do and why.

I do not think that anyone of you really have given me a good reason to why it is justified to have a pack of dogs biting and holding the animal.

If you really need to take a fight in this question with PETA or what ever you call em, I suggest you sharpen your blades better cause I am not convinced and I have several years of hunting behind me with more than a hundred days of hunting per year so perhaps I am a bit biased in your direction....

Regards.

fat chicks inc.

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Yea. As with many of these subjects of diverse and strong opinion, most of the time it boils down to a waste of time and frustrating to try to convince others to agree. So, I just don't worry too much about the PETA bunch, or whatever they are called. They live in an imaginary world.

Not only is hunting in our DNA, but warrior is there too. Either instinct can get over zealous, and become trouble in a civilized society. That's why we cherish virtues, particularly moderation in regard to this.

The way I look at it, since these guys aren't into football, or whatever, at least this sport keeps them busy and off the streets so-to-speak, and provides some avenue for their DNA, as a hunter and warrior. At least they can take it out on a pig. So, that's a blessing in a way, so I don't worry about what rednecks or swamp dwellers do for sport, as long as it is legal, and doesn't harm someone. In the big picture, there are things that are a lot worse, and things that could become a lot worse, stuff to really worry about. Take climate change - now there's a cause for you to embrace, and worry about. Big Grin

Brutality is a fact of the world. It's everywhere you look. It's been there always, and morphs, but doesn't go away, and never will. Sometimes it's in the name of religion, sometimes sport, whatever rationalization is handy. We can be thankful for pigs and hunting. Otherwise it would be hard to imagine the havoc that could be rendered by guys like Uncle Ted, if they didn't have a legal avenue to just go out and kill something. Big Grin These guys take it to the next level, rather than stand off a ways and shoot it, they prefer to get down and close and grapple with their prey. It's a sport that ain't for the timid, so count our blessings. Big Grin If moderation isn't one of their strong virtues, I'm hopeful they make up for that with other virtues. Balance is a relative thing.

KB

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote