Notify
Tools

Rock Bottom For Boddington
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once I feel the haters have soaked up message you'll never hear from me again.

Shame.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would think CB would post here to clear up the confusion.

Conrad sounds like Carmelo and a few others who come on AR, drop a nuke, then run away.

I would trust Fulson on his comments for sure. He is the real deal.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Question for Larry Shores, mate can you expand on the comment about Illegal hunting in Australia? I find it hard to believe that CB would get involved in a shady outfitter and as an Aussie I'm interested to know what its all about? Perhaps if we know who is offering illegal hunts we can steer people in the right direction if the come asking for advice in hunting in Australia.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8029 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
As "hater" isn't actually a word - rather ghetto slang - I think AR should require those using the term to include "Yo Yo" in his or her sentence when doing so.

Example: "Yo Yo haters, I's outta here!"

Can we agree on this issue?

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the modern age of fundraising guys. You know like free cell phones...

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:
As "hater" isn't actually a word - rather ghetto slang - I think AR should require those using the term to include "Yo Yo" in his or her sentence when doing so.

Yo, Hear dat Wendell. Stop calling me Hater, Bitch. Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7623 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
DSC 2014 - Fulson vs Evarts.

I'd pay to see that one.

See, CB can make some money off this guy after all!

I have good ideas. No need to thank me.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Question for Larry Shores, mate can you expand on the comment about Illegal hunting in Australia? I find it hard to believe that CB would get involved in a shady outfitter and as an Aussie I'm interested to know what its all about? Perhaps if we know who is offering illegal hunts we can steer people in the right direction if the come asking for advice in hunting in Australia.

+ 100

I'd also like to know why you said illegal.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:

Yo, Hear dat Wendell. Stop calling me Hater, Bitch. Big Grin

Yo yo, Fat chance Wojo!

One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ConradEvarts:
Ok, let me get this straight here in the codger zone. I try to do a nice thing in a modern way. The paranoid douchenozzles on this forum torpedo it. Then I'm supposed to care what they think of me in this incescestous little microbe of a site? That's madness...

You know, Conrad, you have presumed to represent Craig Boddington in all of this. And with that comes tremendous responsibility: The reputation you are so skillfully and energetically sullying is more than your own. Has it dawned on you that the "paranoid douchenozzles" you so effortlessly insult on AR are the very constituency that funds Craig Boddington's lifestyle? And you're trying to help the man?

Take a suggestion from this codger and postpone your 'bear hunt' on the PlayStation, take your head out of your ass, apologize for your intemperate remarks, give up your quixotic campaign to "help a friend", and pray that Craig forgives you. Trust me, yours is the last kind of help he needs.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
posted Hide Post
- Douchenozzels he calls us..??

HAHAHAHAH.....jeez, where did this creature emerge from... animal hilbily

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:
quote:
Ok, let me get this straight here in the codger zone. I try to do a nice thing in a modern way. The paranoid douchenozzles on this forum torpedo it. Then I'm supposed to care what they think of me in this incescestous little microbe of a site? That's madness...

You know, Conrad, you have presumed to represent Craig Boddington in all of this. And with that comes tremendous responsibility: The reputation you are so skillfully and
energetically sullying is more than your own.

Take a suggestion from this codger and take your head out of your ass, apologize for your intemperate remarks, give up your quixoticcampaign to "help a friend", and pray
that Craig forgives you. Trust me, yours is
the last kind of help he needs.

Yep, Conrad you've smeared Bod's brand equity,he should be pissed.

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Kim, good advice, but it's over for this guy. I would be shocked if Boddington doesn't fire him immediately. It's business after all, and this guy is pissing all over Craig's name. From a PR standpoint, nobody would tolerate this kind of a childish temper tantrum type of response to an extremely ridiculously thought out campaign.

This whole thing is sad.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:

Here is my favorite line:

"Finally, I've stepped in the ring with you ladies now. Go warm up a stack of Hot Pockets and get your mommy to ice down your 12 pack of Mountain Dew because I don't tangle on the internet often but when I do, it isn't pretty."

That is actually pretty funny.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to side with Conrad on this one.

You old codgers don't understand that any publicity is good publicity. As Conrad points out, CB is also an old codger so Conrad and the production company will have to explain that concept to him as well.

Conrad's career will take a positive turn now as well. He won't have to spend all that time on planes and filming in out of the way places. He'll be doing high quality film work at kids' dance recitals and school plays and such.

It's good to see such genius in young folks these days.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
ACCORDING TO THE URBAN DICTIONARY:

douche nozzle

1) The underappreciated apparatus of the Douche that actually does the stinky work. Attached to the Douche Bag.
2) A male who acts and looks like an utter jackass. Someone who transcends common insults to the point that simply calling him a "jackass" or "douchebag" will no longer do. Much more offensive than simply calling someone a douchebag.

a) "Check out the cell phone clip on that Douche Nozzle".
b) "Can you believe that Douche Nozzle? He's walking around the party, talking to fat chicks and searching for an 'Insert Here' sign".
c) The posters on the Accurate Reloading Internet forum

Actually, he has a point. Big Grin

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Very odd indeed.

I have no idea what is going on with him. His TV show is apparently gone. He has had some issues with an alledgely illegal hunt in Australia.

I like his writing. I liked him on TAA. I wish the best for him.

Gentlemen,

Does anyone know more about this hunt in Australia?

It was conducted in a national park. I have forgotten. The PH's last name is Pennicott as I recall. I was told of it by an Australian who was pushing an investigation. CB was apparently advised of the problem at the convention.

Nothing I was told lead me to believe that CB knew it was illegal when he went on the hunt.

Here you are Tony.

I will put the blame squarely on the PH who conducted the hunt, not Craig.

How many of us go to other countries and hunt relying on the honesty of the PH?

I certainly do.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68617 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

"Finally, I've stepped in the ring with you ladies now. Go warm up a stack of Hot Pockets and get your mommy to ice down your 12 pack of Mountain Dew because I don't tangle on the internet often but when I do, it isn't pretty."

Yep, he is quite possibly the toughest, smartest guy I have ever heard of on the internet! tu2

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

It is very funny in a queer sort of way!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68617 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Very odd indeed.

I have no idea what is going on with him. His TV show is apparently gone. He has had some issues with an alledgely illegal hunt in Australia.

I like his writing. I liked him on TAA. I wish the best for him.

Gentlemen,

Does anyone know more about this hunt in Australia?

It was conducted in a national park. I have forgotten. The PH's last name is Pennicott as I recall. I was told of it by an Australian who was pushing an investigation. CB was apparently advised of the problem at the convention.

Nothing I was told lead me to believe that CB knew it was illegal when he went on the hunt.

Here you are Tony.

I will put the blame squarely on the PH who conducted the hunt, not Craig.

How many of us go to other countries and hunt relying on the honesty of the PH?

I certainly do.

I agree. I was absolutely not trying to disparage CB in any way. However, it is a problem that he may have to deal with. Potentially a very expensive problem if USFW gets involved and decide to push it.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To sum it up, that thread turned from very odd to very entertaining. Thank you Conrad Wink

I really wonder what Craig would say about all this.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2089 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nothing I was told lead me to believe that CB knew it was illegal
when he went on the hunt.

Larry

OK, before this gets out of hand.

What year did he hunt in Australia ?

Secondly, is it possible that a couple of stories have been
mixed up here in that Craig hunted a Trophy buffalo in another
area outside of the National Park and visited the National Park
at a later date on the same trip to discuss guns, hunting etc
with various people ? (I am being a bit vague here on purpose)

I will make a phone call to find out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree. I was absolutely not trying to disparage CB in any way. However, it is a problem that he may have to deal with. Potentially a very expensive problem if USFW gets involved and decide to push it.

Larry

Is this the hunt Craig went on with his daughter ?
- photos easily found on the web ?

Or an earlier one a few more years ago ?

Larry - I have sent you a PM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:

I'd pay to see that one.

You are on a roll!
I will get it on Pay Per View or Dish Network.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
I'm going to have to side with Conrad on this one.

You old codgers don't understand that any publicity is good publicity. As Conrad points out, CB is also an old codger so Conrad and the production company will have to explain that concept to him as well.

Conrad's career will take a positive turn now as well. He won't have to spend all that time on planes and filming in out of the way places. He'll be doing high quality film work at kids' dance recitals and school plays and such.

It's good to see such genius in young folks these days.

That is pretty funny Forrest. Do you have any T shirts for sale? I do envy you.

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If we, the readers of this forum need to put on our "tinfoil hats" we must all be the Tin Man. That must make Mr. Evarts the Scarecrow??????????

Posts: 224 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I learned about this in Reno from an Australian PH/outfitter. From what I was told, there are 2 outfitters making waves about this hunt in the Coburg (I think) Park.

I believe it went down in 2012 but would hate to swear that is the date that I was told. CB was taken by Greg Pennicott. I do not recall the other details except that CB was advised of the issue in Reno.

All of this was told to me by parties I believe to be reliable.

Once again, my take was that CB did not know he was in a park.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of lonestar2075
posted Hide Post
Wow, looks like I caused a lot more of a stir than I had anticipated! In all honesty I am a supporter of CB's work. He has been an influential writer in the hunting industry for quite some time. I came to you guys with my first post because I figured you may have some knowledge on why this type of campaign would arise. Conrad, I do not know the man you are presuming that I am, but with your response it appears you have stirred up a problem with people that was not intended by my posting. I do know one thing, it looks like I have an answer to my original question.

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
He likes the word "codger" a lot. I guess pushing 40 isn't setting too well. Maybe he needs his testosterone checked.

But he's real. And he's not a hater, except for hating all us haters. Where else have you heard the term "hater" used a lot?

Dittos on the entertainment factor. I'll be checking this site a lot more often. Thank you Conrad.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lonestar2075:
Wow, looks like I caused a lot more of a stir than I had anticipated! In all honesty I am a supporter of CB's work. He has been an influential writer in the hunting industry for quite some time. I came to you guys with my first post because I figured you may have some knowledge on why this type of campaign would arise. Conrad, I do not know the man you are presuming that I am, but with your response it appears you have stirred up a problem with people that was not intended by my posting. I do know one thing, it looks like I have an answer to my original question.

So you've been called out ace and verified by one of the moderators as hiding your real AR handle. So what is it? and to the tough guy who threw out the Gauntlet, what is the age bracket that identifies one as a "codger" and is this you?:

I don't know man, but it seems your ego's posting checks your body can't cash, And BTW, I consider Craig a personal friend...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
This thread is one of the most pathetic on AR in a while. From revered and respected to convicted, sentenced and hung in 24 hours.
And it turns out that not only was there no wrongdoing, but the accused wasn't involved in the effort at all.
barf

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
This thread is one of the most pathetic on AR in a while. From revered and respected to convicted, sentenced and hung in 24 hours.
And it turns out that not only was there no wrongdoing, but the accused wasn't involved in the effort at all.
barf

Bullshit [penalty flag thrown]. There was a link on Boddington's Facebook page to the offending site and comments on the Facebook page that made it clear that CB and his wife were not only both aware of but supportive of the effort. That has all been scrubbed clean. The behavior of the apologists is almost as embarrassing as the effort to sell used and soiled articles of clothing. Next thing the apologists will tell us is that CB is not responsible for his own Facebook page, that it was hacked, taken over by PETA activists out to destroy his good name, etc.

Mike

Posts: 21667 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
barf

I would still like CB to answer this question:

Were you a an owner or director of John Rigby in Paso Robles, CA?

Because if that is true, he has gone down a bunch of notches in my book. Did any of you look at the deposition of Geoff Miller?

Here is the link I posted earlier:
http://forums.nitroexpress.com...age=0&fpart=all&vc=1

As for the website and the T shirt/photo sales, it sure looks like he at the very least approved. So to say he had nothing to do with it is a bit of a stretch, since it was on his FB page. Now if his account was hacked or ghostwritten by his pal, so be it. Personally, I find the FB stuff to be very cheesy, but I won't lose any sleep over it. The issue of him writing about a product in which he had a pecuniary interest in without disclosing is a real problem IMO. Revealing that wasn't the purpose of the original post, but it came out of it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AZWriter

You mention Geoff Miller and previously I posted a question re his "Navy Cross". I believe some
discussion had been had in that he was never awarded it or had served in the US Military.

If so, my question is why would CB, a high ranking officer in the Marines associate with
someone like this if it was true ?

Kind of goes against anything and everything
the Marines and an Officer stands for.

Anyone care to comment ?

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greetings.

Firstly, thanks to the folks who withheld judgement and showed respect to Craig Boddington. He's a great guy, friend, father, hunter and veteran. I was trying to do something nice for him by creating the indiegogo.com campaign and the subsequent website.

This is Conrad Evarts. A cameraman who you can Google and find out much of my professional background. Novel idea right? Instead of just gazing wet eyed into this clunky, outdated website populated by graybearded paranoids who don't realize the internet evolved. No, seriously this website sucks The fact that you nuts are on here gives me a great deal of insight into your mindset.

School is now in session. Let's start by taking our tinfoil hats off and putting our thinking caps on. Hopefully when we're done the paranoids here can get their nurse to administer their meds, put them to bed and unplug their computers and the rest of the haters can return to their bunkers to polish their 30,000 rounds of ammo.

I am real. I was trying to do something nice for someone I respect. Craig Boddington was not terribly savvy on my effort because he spends all his time in the boonies but trusted me to try and make this work.

More importantly, outside of your antiquated worlds crowd funding sites like www.indiegogo.com and www.kickstarter.com are very acceptable ways to raise money for business endeavors. There are many for profit businesses using them. These include everything from musicians and movie studios to bakeries and websites.

Set down your tattered Jack O'Connor bible, get in a friggin' time machine and blast yourself to 2013. All sorts of businesses are using crowd funding. It's not strange at all.

So, in conclusion:
-I am real. Google me.
-This was not a scam and is totally normal these days.
-Craig Boddington was not entirely savvy because he is of your generation. This was not his fault and besides that if it wasn't for you crusty old haters this would be totally cool and worked and created something great for a new generation of hunters.
-Craig Boddington did not take a vow of poverty to be who he is. If someone like me can help him raise money to create a site that would only be judged by a total commie.

If you don't like the idea of me raising funds to put together a totally positive and interesting website as a favor to a friend you don't have to contribute to it.

Craig asked me to disable the campaign. I did so out of respect for him not to placate you blood sucking, paranoid savages. You haters are pathetic.

And "Lonestar 2075"...Tim, I know who you are. You know who I am. I've been to your crappy little shop in Texas to repair an episode your operation screwed the pooch on years ago. You're a coward and an embarrassment. Grow a pair and put your name up.

Finally, I've stepped in the ring with you ladies now. Go warm up a stack of Hot Pockets and get your mommy to ice down your 12 pack of Mountain Dew because I don't tangle on the internet often but when I do, it isn't pretty.

Thanks again to everyone who showed respect to Craig. I meant what I said, I spent a great deal of time with him in the field. I respect him and he's a good person.

Sincerely,

Conrad Evarts (proud friend of Craig Boddington)

quote:
And quit acting like this site is some sort of sacred turf. It's on the same scale as PAC MAN. Ok maybe MS. PAC MAN. I gotta' go get a taco. Work hard to give me more to work with.

quote:
Ok, let me get this straight here in the codger zone. I try to do a nice thing in a modern way. The paranoid douchenozzles on this forum torpedo it. Then I'm supposed to care what they think of me in this incescestous little microbe of a site? That's madness.

And where are you at Lonestar? Bring it. You know I have your number.

I'm going bear hunting. I will check in on Monday or Tuesday.

Out your tinfoil hats back in. Safety first.

I'm thinking this Conrad fellow and Shootaway must have a lot in common!! space

I find it interesting that he would insinuate the Safari Classics guys (ie. Tim) are behind a Craig Boddington smear campaign. Why would they do that? Tracks Across Africa seems to be doing very well as the premiere Dangerous Game hunting television show while Craig's show is not. Conrad is the one smearing Col. Boddington's name, whether Conrad realizes it or not!

Being a former military man myself, and knowing a few General Officers, I can't imagine a man of that stature approving of being represented in this type of manner! I hate to see anyone in financial straits, but I don't understand why the public is being asked to fund his "internet store" by paying for his website in exchange for some used T-Shirts and pictures of Craig and his trophies!

On the issue of who pays what for hunts, I couldn't care less. Why would it affect me if a guy gets a discount or a free hunt in exchange for publicity? As far as I'm concerned, that's a financial decision the operators make much in the same way they spend money on advertising. I'm just not envious of a man who carves out a successful career, regardless of what industry he is involved in. When I read a story written by an industry pro, I understand there is some compensation being paid. It just dosen't bother me in the least.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:

I'd pay to see that one.

Nah, it look like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505G:
AZWriter

You mention Geoff Miller and previously I posted a question re his "Navy Cross". I believe some
discussion had been had in that he was never awarded it or had served in the US Military.

If so, my question is why would CB, a high ranking officer in the Marines associate with
someone like this if it was true ?

Kind of goes against anything and everything
the Marines and an Officer stands for.

Anyone care to comment ?

Miller is a liar; he made a promissory note and then failed to pay. The testimony in the link I posted is about the BK he declared to get out that. So I wouldn't put it past Miller to have lied. I can't help but wonder how CB didn't connect the dots (I once caught a reserve 2LT claiming to be a West Point grad who obviously didn't know the first thing about the place), but who knows? I will give him the benefit of the doubt. You may not.

I am REALLY bothered by the fact it appears he had a financial stake in Rigby and would like that cleared up.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greetings.

Firstly, thanks to the folks who withheld judgement and showed respect to Craig Boddington. He's a great guy, friend, father, hunter and veteran. I was trying to do something nice for him by creating the indiegogo.com campaign and the subsequent website.

This is Conrad Evarts. A cameraman who you can Google and find out much of my professional background. Novel idea right? Instead of just gazing wet eyed into this clunky, outdated website populated by graybearded paranoids who don't realize the internet evolved. No, seriously this website sucks The fact that you nuts are on here gives me a great deal of insight into your mindset.

School is now in session. Let's start by taking our tinfoil hats off and putting our thinking caps on. Hopefully when we're done the paranoids here can get their nurse to administer their meds, put them to bed and unplug their computers and the rest of the haters can return to their bunkers to polish their 30,000 rounds of ammo.

I am real. I was trying to do something nice for someone I respect. Craig Boddington was not terribly savvy on my effort because he spends all his time in the boonies but trusted me to try and make this work.

More importantly, outside of your antiquated worlds crowd funding sites like www.indiegogo.com and www.kickstarter.com are very acceptable ways to raise money for business endeavors. There are many for profit businesses using them. These include everything from musicians and movie studios to bakeries and websites.

Set down your tattered Jack O'Connor bible, get in a friggin' time machine and blast yourself to 2013. All sorts of businesses are using crowd funding. It's not strange at all.

So, in conclusion:
-I am real. Google me.
-This was not a scam and is totally normal these days.
-Craig Boddington was not entirely savvy because he is of your generation. This was not his fault and besides that if it wasn't for you crusty old haters this would be totally cool and worked and created something great for a new generation of hunters.
-Craig Boddington did not take a vow of poverty to be who he is. If someone like me can help him raise money to create a site that would only be judged by a total commie.

If you don't like the idea of me raising funds to put together a totally positive and interesting website as a favor to a friend you don't have to contribute to it.

Craig asked me to disable the campaign. I did so out of respect for him not to placate you blood sucking, paranoid savages. You haters are pathetic.

And "Lonestar 2075"...Tim, I know who you are. You know who I am. I've been to your crappy little shop in Texas to repair an episode your operation screwed the pooch on years ago. You're a coward and an embarrassment. Grow a pair and put your name up.

Finally, I've stepped in the ring with you ladies now. Go warm up a stack of Hot Pockets and get your mommy to ice down your 12 pack of Mountain Dew because I don't tangle on the internet often but when I do, it isn't pretty.

Thanks again to everyone who showed respect to Craig. I meant what I said, I spent a great deal of time with him in the field. I respect him and he's a good person.

Sincerely,

Conrad Evarts (proud friend of Craig Boddington)

quote:
Ok, let me get this straight here in the codger zone. I try to do a nice thing in a modern way. The paranoid douchenozzles on this forum torpedo it. Then I'm supposed to care what they think of me in this incescestous little microbe of a site? That's madness.

And where are you at Lonestar? Bring it. You know I have your number.

I'm going bear hunting. I will check in on Monday or Tuesday.

Out your tinfoil hats back in. Safety first.

Ah yes, the consummate IT nerd....sorry we got you fired.

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
This is definitely the most entertaining thread we have had in a long time! Gayne and Wendell should go on a comedy tour.

This "old codger douchenozzle" doesn't have a dog in this fight. I worked with real heroes and gentlemen most of my life so I do not hold people I do not know to those standards, regardless of their reputation. I treat everyone with courteousy and respect (it doesn't cost anything) until they prove to me that they do not deserve it. If they do not deserve it, I just avoid them. I know of Mr. Boddington and what he does in the hunting world but do not know him. However, he is a US Marine, and I do know a lot of US Marines. I find it odd that COL Boddington would associate with such a gentleman as Mr. Evarts has shown himself to be.

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:

On the issue of who pays what for hunts, I couldn't care less. Why would it affect me if a guy gets a discount or a free hunt in exchange for publicity? As far as I'm concerned, that's a financial decision the operators make much in the same way they spend money on advertising. I'm just not envious of a man who carves out a successful career, regardless of what industry he is involved in. When I read a story written by an industry pro, I understand there is some compensation being paid. It just dosen't bother me in the least.

That is fine Todd, but there is a law now that if you endorse a product or service and receive compensation in cash, free product, or services rendered, you are supposed to point this out. I would think virtuous people would do that. In this regard, Craig is not alone: everyone does it. The difference is CB has taken us to task before about this issue saying/inferring he doesn't get free hunts. Well, which is it? If he is paying for them, he can pay for his website. If not, I guess the guy is broke, which you will recall he often says he is, and therefore he isn't paying for them.

But beyond the law, it does matter to me for this simple reason: any operator hosting a hunt for a writer is either trying to fill empty space or increase margins - there is no other reason to do so, unless the two are friends. So it does impact me, because I might book a hunt due to a glowing report. I am now going on a hunt that the operator was never able to sell word of mouth or I am paying a lot more to do it (eg, Johann Calitz). But you know what? If Makris would tell me how much he pays for those hunts, I would be more inclined to book a hunt. But truthfully, I am guessing you are paying for Makris's 46th elephant when you book yours. Am I right? Who knows? There is no disclosure.

The beautiful thing is that if everyone followed the FTC rule, we could all make our own choices with better information. For guys like you who don't care, nothing changes. For guys like me who do, I can now make choices knowing where the money flows.

You make a good point about advertising; an operator might choose to spend marketing dollars by hosting writers/TV shows. But the difference is you can see the extent of the advertising...open any Safari or Sporting Classics mag and you see Julian and Sons ads - they must spend a fortune on advertising, which makes me think their prices are in the stratosphere to start.