Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Very odd indeed.

I have no idea what is going on with him. His TV show is apparently gone. He has had some issues with an alledgely illegal hunt in Australia.

I like his writing. I liked him on TAA. I wish the best for him.

Gentlemen,

Does anyone know more about this hunt in Australia?

It was conducted in a national park. I have forgotten. The PH's last name is Pennicott as I recall. I was told of it by an Australian who was pushing an investigation. CB was apparently advised of the problem at the convention.

Nothing I was told lead me to believe that CB knew it was illegal when he went on the hunt.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Is that Buzz licking the armpit there? Wink

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus 1 DOJ. I don't care if EVERY hunt CB goes on is FREE, actually I hope that is the case. If those here condeming his supposed FREE hunts are that upset about it, why don't you get off your A$$ and get out and do something to get some of the action yourselves? All you have to do is spend 20 plus years writing books, articles, going to trade shows, doing tons of public service work, make a lot of quality videos, be away from family for months at a time, etc. Should be easy right? shame Envy sure is ugly when it spills over.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Last month I had dinner with Craig the night before our SCI banquet and in our conversations I ask him about "free hunts" and he said he could have all the free hunts for RSA plains game he wanted, but that is not what he wanted to hunt and do shows about. He pays for his hunts and uses funds made by his various productions be it writted or video. This is a business for him so using endorsed rifles and other gear only makes sense. The green color of envy that appears on this site is amazing. I might add some of the posters suprise me in this respect.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting first posts on this thread.

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ConradEvarts:
Greetings.

Firstly, thanks to the folks who withheld judgement and showed respect to Craig Boddington. He's a great guy, friend, father, hunter and veteran. I was trying to do something nice for him by creating the indiegogo.com campaign and the subsequent website.

This is Conrad Evarts. A cameraman who you can Google and find out much of my professional background. Novel idea right? Instead of just gazing wet eyed into this clunky, outdated website populated by graybearded paranoids who don't realize the internet evolved. No, seriously this website sucks The fact that you nuts are on here gives me a great deal of insight into your mindset.

School is now in session. Let's start by taking our tinfoil hats off and putting our thinking caps on. Hopefully when we're done the paranoids here can get their nurse to administer their meds, put them to bed and unplug their computers and the rest of the haters can return to their bunkers to polish their 30,000 rounds of ammo.

I am real. I was trying to do something nice for someone I respect. Craig Boddington was not terribly savvy on my effort because he spends all his time in the boonies but trusted me to try and make this work.

More importantly, outside of your antiquated worlds crowd funding sites like www.indiegogo.com and www.kickstarter.com are very acceptable ways to raise money for business endeavors. There are many for profit businesses using them. These include everything from musicians and movie studios to bakeries and websites.

Set down your tattered Jack O'Connor bible, get in a friggin' time machine and blast yourself to 2013. All sorts of businesses are using crowd funding. It's not strange at all.

So, in conclusion:
-I am real. Google me.
-This was not a scam and is totally normal these days.
-Craig Boddington was not entirely savvy because he is of your generation. This was not his fault and besides that if it wasn't for you crusty old haters this would be totally cool and worked and created something great for a new generation of hunters.
-Craig Boddington did not take a vow of poverty to be who he is. If someone like me can help him raise money to create a site that would only be judged by a total commie.

If you don't like the idea of me raising funds to put together a totally positive and interesting website as a favor to a friend you don't have to contribute to it.

Craig asked me to disable the campaign. I did so out of respect for him not to placate you blood sucking, paranoid savages. You haters are pathetic.

And "Lonestar 2075"...Tim, I know who you are. You know who I am. I've been to your crappy little shop in Texas to repair an episode your operation screwed the pooch on years ago. You're a coward and an embarrassment. Grow a pair and put your name up.

Finally, I've stepped in the ring with you ladies now. Go warm up a stack of Hot Pockets and get your mommy to ice down your 12 pack of Mountain Dew because I don't tangle on the internet often but when I do, it isn't pretty.

Thanks again to everyone who showed respect to Craig. I meant what I said, I spent a great deal of time with him in the field. I respect him and he's a good person.

Sincerely,

Conrad Evarts (proud friend of Craig Boddington)

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Conrad,

You should post on AR more often. You are a hoot.

Cheers

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Fight's ON, YEAH!....But my question remains unanswered, what is the REAL NAME of the person who started this witchhunt?

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
There is nothing wrong with asking for donations.

But, whoever was the genius who thought of selling second hand shirts had extremely bad taste!

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
@ConradEvarts
I have no dog in this fight, but it is quite easy to say this whole thread is about envy.
I think your campaign is just odd.

I don't know Craig and I would not say a word about him as a person.
It is just very weird, that some raises money for him, to get his website online. A website to sell his books and stuff.

By the way: Do you really think the way you post here is the right way to step into a discussion?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2091 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow. The company you keep...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
Well Conrad, I may not be willing to judge Craig at this time but I can sure judge you: With friends like yourself - and posts like your first on AR - Craig doesn't need any enemies. I'd be shocked if he countenanced either your actions or your defensive rant.

If your desire is to help a man you claim is your friend – and whom you also claim solicited your help – you have failed him spectacularly. Truculent posts rarely win friends or influence adversaries, nor will they help Craig.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:
Well Conrad, I may not be willing to judge Craig at this time but I can sure judge you: With friends like yourself - and posts like your first on AR - Craig doesn't need any enemies.

If your desire is to help a man you claim is your friend – and whom you also claim solicited your help – you have failed him spectacularly. Truculent posts rarely win friends or influence enemies, nor will they help Craig.

Very true.

If Mr Evarts wanted to do some good for CB, he has certainly picked more than one strange way to accomplish that goal. Counter productive I would say.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Plus 1 DOJ. I don't care if EVERY hunt CB goes on is FREE, actually I hope that is the case. If those here condeming his supposed FREE hunts are that upset about it, why don't you get off your A$$ and get out and do something to get some of the action yourselves? All you have to do is spend 20 plus years writing books, articles, going to trade shows, doing tons of public service work, make a lot of quality videos, be away from family for months at a time, etc. Should be easy right? shame Envy sure is ugly when it spills over.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Last month I had dinner with Craig the night before our SCI banquet and in our conversations I ask him about "free hunts" and he said he could have all the free hunts for RSA plains game he wanted, but that is not what he wanted to hunt and do shows about. He pays for his hunts and uses funds made by his various productions be it writted or video. This is a business for him so using endorsed rifles and other gear only makes sense. The green color of envy that appears on this site is amazing. I might add some of the posters suprise me in this respect.

Larry:

I would like stuff disclosed; is that too much to ask, esp when you read the FTC rule?

Every business on the planet has to provide disclosure except this one.

As for envy, I just got done having breakfast near my 75 foot pool. I am 53 and don't have to drive to an office anymore. I can hunt as much as I want; I shoot three times a week. I can post on AR at any time of the day since I work for no one. Like most people, I am exactly where I planned to be at this point in my life. Frankly, I don't want to hunt 1/4 as much as any full time writer, let alone CB. I have said this before, but I will say it again: I started my business (now plural) to have enough money to go hunting whenever I wanted. Ironically, I find business to be just as fun, if not more so, than hunting - it is like a real life game of monopoly. Last month I was absolutely ready to come home before my hunt was over.

This envy stuff every time a critical issue comes up is bullshit.

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Conrad

I dont think I have ever seen anyone work this hard at being an ass for their intro to a new place.

Congratulations--you're the winner.

and I will play-

Sean S. Russell
Cross L Ranch
303 CR 2175
Iredell, TX 76649

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
quote:
The shirts were my idea. I thought it was cool. People buy jerseys off of ball players all the time. And Craig didn't hire me. The company that produced PHTV, G&A etc hired me. So don't try to pin my radical nature on him by association. Every one of you had friends you wouldn't want to be judged by.

And quit acting like this site is some sort of sacred turf. It's on the same scale as PAC MAN. Ok maybe MS. PAC MAN. I gotta' go get a taco. Work hard to give me more to work with.

With this post perhaps we have a better insight into what's really taking place.

Craig didn't hire Conrad to generate income - who from his comments appears to be the architect of this series of publicity disasters - Craig's production company did. If true, I suspect Mr. Boddington is going to be disappointed with the fiasco they created by hiring a consultant who, if he was twice as smart, would still be an imbecile.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
The shirts were my idea. I thought it was cool. People buy jerseys off of ball players all the time. And Craig didn't hire me. The company that produced PHTV, G&A etc hired me. So don't try to pin my radical nature on him by association. Every one of you had friends you wouldn't want to be judged by.

And quit acting like this site is some sort of sacred turf. It's on the same scale as PAC MAN. Ok maybe MS. PAC MAN. I gotta' go get a taco. Work hard to give me more to work with.

Oh boy!

Someone got his nickers in a twist here.

We prefer to stay old fashioned, but with integrity.

We don't subscribe to the idea of claiming to be modern to excuse our stupid behavior.

Craig has my respect for giving you a kick where it hurts!

Is that why you came here?

Because decent hunters exposed your childish ideas?

What an utterly stupid idea it was to ask for donations in such a manner!

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Somebody needs a hug.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Interesting first post.

Figures.

A career devoted to filming other people hunting....always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Heck, I'd be pissy too.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What an utterly stupid idea it was to ask for donations in such a manner!

+1.

It is clear Mr Evarts isn't a brain surgeon.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna:

Brilliant! I didn't notice it at first.

That's funny right there!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna:

Brilliant! I didn't notice it at first.

That's funny right there!

That was; I called in MsAZW to have a laugh. She did.

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna: Is that Buzz licking the armpit there?
Buzz has more hair, and is not that tall.

Welcome to the forum Conrad, way to make an entrance. Big Grin

Good move taking the fund raiser site and associated offers down, it made Craig appear pathetic and desperate, sort of like Pete Rose (he was an "old time" baseball player) signing baseballs in the parking lot. I realize that you were trying to do something nice, but the outward appearance was awful, and perhaps in time (when you hit your 30's) you will get it.

Please do keep posting however, this forum needs more crazy cameraman! Wink

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna: Is that Buzz licking the armpit there?
Buzz has more hair, and is not that tall.

Welcome to the forum Conrad, way to make an entrance. Big Grin

Good move taking the fund raiser site/offer down, it made Craig appear pathetic and desperate, sort of like Pete Rose (he was an "old time" baseball player) signing baseballs in the parking lot. I realize that you were trying to do something nice, but the outward appearance was awful, and perhaps in time (when you hit your 30's) you will get it.

Please do keep posting however, this forum needs more crazy cameraman! Wink

Bill

Craig had nothing to do with that idea!

Only a pathetic, lowlife, bridesmaid never bride, brain surgeon, could have dreamt of such an earth shaking, monumental idea! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Somebody needs a hug

And his meds

Full time professional trapper

Posts: 313 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greetings.

Firstly, thanks to the folks who withheld judgement and showed respect to Craig Boddington. He's a great guy, friend, father, hunter and veteran. I was trying to do something nice for him by creating the indiegogo.com campaign and the subsequent website.

This is Conrad Evarts. A cameraman who you can Google and find out much of my professional background. Novel idea right? Instead of just gazing wet eyed into this clunky, outdated website populated by graybearded paranoids who don't realize the internet evolved. No, seriously this website sucks The fact that you nuts are on here gives me a great deal of insight into your mindset.

School is now in session. Let's start by taking our tinfoil hats off and putting our thinking caps on. Hopefully when we're done the paranoids here can get their nurse to administer their meds, put them to bed and unplug their computers and the rest of the haters can return to their bunkers to polish their 30,000 rounds of ammo.

I am real. I was trying to do something nice for someone I respect. Craig Boddington was not terribly savvy on my effort because he spends all his time in the boonies but trusted me to try and make this work.

More importantly, outside of your antiquated worlds crowd funding sites like www.indiegogo.com and www.kickstarter.com are very acceptable ways to raise money for business endeavors. There are many for profit businesses using them. These include everything from musicians and movie studios to bakeries and websites.

Set down your tattered Jack O'Connor bible, get in a friggin' time machine and blast yourself to 2013. All sorts of businesses are using crowd funding. It's not strange at all.

So, in conclusion:
-I am real. Google me.
-This was not a scam and is totally normal these days.
-Craig Boddington was not entirely savvy because he is of your generation. This was not his fault and besides that if it wasn't for you crusty old haters this would be totally cool and worked and created something great for a new generation of hunters.
-Craig Boddington did not take a vow of poverty to be who he is. If someone like me can help him raise money to create a site that would only be judged by a total commie.

If you don't like the idea of me raising funds to put together a totally positive and interesting website as a favor to a friend you don't have to contribute to it.

Craig asked me to disable the campaign. I did so out of respect for him not to placate you blood sucking, paranoid savages. You haters are pathetic.

And "Lonestar 2075"...Tim, I know who you are. You know who I am. I've been to your crappy little shop in Texas to repair an episode your operation screwed the pooch on years ago. You're a coward and an embarrassment. Grow a pair and put your name up.

Finally, I've stepped in the ring with you ladies now. Go warm up a stack of Hot Pockets and get your mommy to ice down your 12 pack of Mountain Dew because I don't tangle on the internet often but when I do, it isn't pretty.

Thanks again to everyone who showed respect to Craig. I meant what I said, I spent a great deal of time with him in the field. I respect him and he's a good person.

Sincerely,

Conrad Evarts (proud friend of Craig Boddington)

Hell of a first post! Maybe I'll try your approach to introducing myself and ways of explanation in my career and see how far it gets me...NOT!!!

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is Dave Fulson . I was alerted to this thread yesterday, and have followed it with as much curiosity as the next guy. Conrad knows me,very slightly, as do most AR posters. I have had multiple PM's sent asking if I thought this was real. I said it appears so from what I saw, then confirmed by watching Conrad's video, then seeing Boddingtons ( both Craig and Donna's thanking Conrad for his help)that it was real. Conrad has revealed it to be so. But I have a question for you Conrad? Are you publically implying that my partner Tim Danklef is behind this post? Better said, it is obvious that is the case. Be veeeery careful here my friend. Tim is at best a casual reader of the African forum, but has never created a profile or posted a single comment on AR. To be called out as a 'coward and an embarrassment' is a insult of the highest order that will have repercussions if it is not withdrawn. Ask around Conrad, you will find I take few prisoners when I am , or my company is falsely accused of such behavior. Your man 'Boddy' might be able to shed some light on that. I am saying it, here and now, that neither myself or Tim posted this little bit of what you made public business. To state otherwise is an outright lie and will have very fast and effective consequences if it is not acknowledged.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Wow! Unbelievable. Please, Lord, protect us from our friends, right?

I know I said before that, if true, this was sad and not funny.

But now I find out that it's true AND it's funny. Big Grin Too much.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
I've decided to take some literary license with this thread in order to make it more entertaining.

Here I go...

Craig announced on his Facebook page that he's starting a new TV show that will feature him, Mark Sullivan, and a CGI rendered Peter Capstick hunting nothing but darted animals on high fenced properties. All animals are pre-measured by SCI before being released into the hunting arena. Animals shot that hold any traditional medicinal value will be auctioned to the Asian black market at the end of the show.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
As Mr. Evarts was thoughtful enough to delete his post, I'll also remove my quoting of his post.

Here's to a new start, Mr. Evarts.

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:
I've decided to take some literary license with this thread in order to make it more entertaining.

Here I go...

Craig announced on his Facebook page that he's starting a new TV show that will feature him, Mark Sullivan, and a CGI rendered Peter Capstick hunting nothing but darted animals on high fenced properties. All animals are pre-measured by SCI before being released into the hunting arena. Animals shot that hold any traditional medicinal value will be auctioned to the Asian black market at the end of the show.

yuck

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Conrad,
Did you finish your TACO yet?

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Dave that was a scary bit of prose. Have put you on my 'be careful what you say about Fulson list'

Cheers

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samir:
Conrad,
Did you finish your TACO yet?

He might have choked on it rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, let me get this straight here in the codger zone. I try to do a nice thing in a modern way. The paranoid douchenozzles on this forum torpedo it. Then I'm supposed to care what they think of me in this incescestous little microbe of a site? That's madness.

Once I feel the haters have soaked up message you'll never hear from me again.

And where are you at Lonestar? Bring it. You know I have your number.

I'm going bear hunting. I will check in on Monday or Tuesday.

Out your tinfoil hats back in. Safety first.

Who was it that said,"You can't fix stupid?"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMHO, Not a good look for anybody.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I like this guy. He makes me laugh.

Plus it gets us off MS for a while.

Anyone else notice that if you rearrange the letters of his name, and change a few, that you get Hawkeye47?

Just sayin'

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Now we're discussing tinfoil hats?

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:
Now we're discussing tinfoil hats?

May be second hand tinfoil hats?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must say that I enjoy reading Boddington tremendously, and find him both entertaining and informative. I feel the same way about AR, whenever I log on and catch up. I have learned a great deal from both sources.

However, I have never read anything by Boddington that made me think "Why am I wasting my time reading this?"

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
I must say that I enjoy reading Boddington tremendously, and find him both entertaining and informative. I feel the same way about AR, whenever I log on and catch up. I have learned a great deal from both sources.

However, I have never read anything by Boddington that made me think "Why am I wasting my time reading this?"

+ 1

Agree.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote