THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zahir Mulla of Usangu Safaris Reemerges in Tanzania Under
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zahir Mulla of Usangu Safaris Reemerges in Tanzania Under
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted
Following is part of a Article from the Hunt Report.
Hopefully someone will have access to the whole article?

Zahir Mulla of Usangu Safaris Reemerges in Tanzania Under A New Safari Company Name
(posted December - 2012)

By Barbara Crown, Editor

Remember Zahir Mulla of Usangu Safaris in Tanzania? I reported on a string of problems with that operation that finally culminated in a shutdown when the company's concession, Usangu Flats, was absorbed into the Ruaha National Park. Dozens of hunters from 2007 and other hunting seasons never received their trophies from Usangu, because the company never paid the government trophy fees.

What occasions this re-mention of Usangu's melt down is news that Zahir Mulla has re-emerged with a new operation called EuroAfro (info@euroafrogroup.com) and has secured two concessions: Kimisi Game Reserve in western Tanzania and Liparamba Game Reserve in the far south. Mulla plans to operate safaris in these hunting blocks and told me that he will use the profits from those safaris to make his past clients whole.....

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mulla plans to operate safaris in these hunting blocks and told me that he will use the profits from those safaris to make his past clients whole.....

bsflag

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1074 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Before EuroAfro I believe Mulla was advertising with hunt(s)ineurope.com, and also using a booking agent in Wyoming (Premier Safaris). He is like a snake in the grass, always trying to screw the next client.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this him? http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/8151010681

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Yes

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Samir,
Do you have your facts right.Premier Safaris is in Florida,
Seems like you got too much time on your hands. Are you really a hunter seems more of a PETA person.
Stop judging people when you don`t how they are. Lets see how can we judge you.......

Posts: 28 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 21 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mambatz:
Samir,
Do you have your facts right.Premier Safaris is in Florida,
Seems like you got too much time on your hands. Are you really a hunter seems more of a PETA person.
Stop judging people when you don`t how they are. Lets see how can we judge you.......

Hello Zahir wave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Is this the same individual who had his house taken away in Florida?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samir:
quote:
Mulla plans to operate safaris in these hunting blocks and told me that he will use the profits from those safaris to make his past clients whole.....

bsflag

yea !! me too !

another shyster re-invents himself as a charlaton !

animal

If u want missing trophies,stolen trophies,crap mounts or replacement minature trophies .....use KARL HUMAN TAXIDERMY in east london, south africa.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pigslayer:
quote:
Originally posted by samir:
quote:

bsflag

yea !! me too !

another shyster re-invents himself as a charlaton !

animal

Wait you guys have it all wrong!!!! I am pulling for Zahir!!!!

Then maybe I can get the $40,000 he FUCKED me out of.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It really bothers me when I hear of hunters being cheated by outfitters. You put your faith & trust in someone to delivery on goods & services that you paid for & end up with either nothing or a bad experience.
So far I have been blessed to have dealt with really good people in the safari industry.
Theres also the crooked client.
One client waits until the last minute to come out of his room with barely enough time to get to the airport, hands the PH an envelope with enough travelers checks to cover his bill.
The PH rushes counting them for accuracy then delivers the hunter to the airport, when he returns to camp he discovers the hunter never signed the travelers check & then claimed they were stolen from him & got a refund on them.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
He sent two of his clients and Ph into PVT's concession landed at the air strip and no one to come and get them. Ever try to start a fire with a rifle while lions all around them????
PVT gets a call on sat phone from RSA about guys on his airstrip. Next day called Game Dept and the ph was arrested in Dar the day the plane landed.
Larry Shores had problems of them interfering with his Tanzania safari encoaching over 5 miles into Larry's hunting concession.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man you guys are merciless hilbily

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
It really bothers me when I hear of hunters being cheated by outfitters. You put your faith & trust in someone to delivery on goods & services that you paid for & end up with either nothing or a bad experience.
So far I have been blessed to have dealt with really good people in the safari industry.
Theres also the crooked client.
One client waits until the last minute to come out of his room with barely enough time to get to the airport, hands the PH an envelope with enough travelers checks to cover his bill.
The PH rushes counting them for accuracy then delivers the hunter to the airport, when he returns to camp he discovers the hunter never signed the travelers check & then claimed they were stolen from him & got a refund on them.
No kidding - that exact thing happened to me.... maybe the same guy??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This entire episode with Usangu is far more serious that just stealing money from clients. Some of the actions taken jeopardized clients lives.

Mike is correct, in 2007 we caught him poaching more than once . I spoke with his clients. They were NOT at all happy. The story was pretty ugly.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
Man you guys are merciless hilbily

And well deserved too! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Burn me once; shame on you. Burn me twice; shame on me.

Glad this schemer has been outed.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many of you in here know all the facts from all sides involved? And how many in here go by hearsay?

Posts: 152 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 17 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I do not know the facts, but invite you to tell them from your point of view. Are you Zahir?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
I do not know the facts, but invite you to tell them from your point of view. Are you Zahir?

I am pretty sure I know the facts about getting fucked out of 40K.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Not all outfitters are crooks, but every crook has (at one point or another) been an outfitter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are some things to consider as fact check:
1. Are all of the posts from affected clients? Or Majority of the posts from people who say things based on hearsay?
2. If you are an affected client, did you deal directly with Zahir or someone else?
3. If you are affected client, have you tried to have a dialogue or communication with Zahir recently?
4. Do you know who were the owners of Usangu prior to 2008?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:

I am pretty sure I know the facts about getting fucked out of 40K.

Jeff

Jeff, can you give more details about this 40K? Did you pay and not hunt?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

In our view, we are not looking for public opinion. What we know, a lot of posts in public forums are taken out of context and sometimes abused to satisfy individual agendas.

What we are concerned most is that we are willing work with affected clients of Usangu to find a positive solution for those clients.

Some of the facts are that a lot of issues were contributed by multiple factors. Some of These factors include:
1. Usangu/TAWICO Split that took place in 2005
2. After the split, Usangu relied on an direct agent that proved not compentant in various ways including mismanagement in wide range of circumstances.
3. Usangu Areas upgraded to National Park without compensation in 2007, which elimanated any recovery efforts the company could engage in.
4. Some clients did not pay government trophy fees amounting to nearly $50k.
5. There was government hold of clients trophies from 2007. The government held trophies from 2008, and only released them in 2011, three years later, with most of them damaged. Shipment of these trophies could not take place until after 2011.

so, that being said. Zahir beared the full blame in the collapse of Usangu even though several factors contributed to it.

Furthermore, Zahir did continue to make the case with the government to find a solution on behalf of clients. So, if clients had trophy damages for 2007 hunt, there is a possiblity to get waivers of trophy fees for replacement hunts if those clients choose to hunt again.

Zahir will continue to work with clients who are willing to find a solution with good outcome.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will not debate these issues in public. If there are clients affected and looking for a solution, they can contact us.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some maybe just that opinions.

However, we can understand the anger and frustrations for clients who felt were taken. For that reason, we are willing to work with them to get something if not all. Some things cannot be recovered such as lost time and heartache.

Hind site is always 20/20. If all the events that took place could have been predicted, we believe a different outcome could have been achieved.

One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I was screwed out of $12,000+ by Mulla. We were even taken to the camp and then told we could not hunt. They only had minimal food, no meat. After three days we were finally able to get cell phone service 2 hours from camp and call in a bush plane to get us out of there. It is not pleasent to find out the staff hasn't been paid for six months and you have a large amount of cash with you next to a croc infested river.

Mulla should hope that I don't find him in a similar situation..........Tom

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If EuroAfroGroup is Zahir Mulla , i strongly advice all hunters not to even try to contact this company.
He is the most dishonest outfitter on hearth and a bigbig rat.
He does not deserve to be called an outfitter so please BAN this piece of shit from hunting industry by not booking with him.
It will be a huge favour that you do to yourself and to the hunting world.
Shame on you Rat Mulla !

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can say this with absolute certainty. One of my personal friends was screwed out of $40,000 my Mulla. Yes, he paid and no hunt was conducted. He even operated on one of the Usangu people for free. NO HUNT!!!

In 2007, on the first day of our safari we had lunch on the boundary between Usangu & Lunda south. After lunch, we drove deeper into our area. A few miles in, I looked over to my right and much to my surprise, I saw a group of people with guns. I noted one guy that I instantly thought was trouble. We stopped and I was introduced to Zahir Mulla. He was poaching our concession.

I know a little Swahili. He was offering my PH to allow me to shoot a croc on the Usangu concession to keep things quiet. I wanted no part of him knowing what he had done to my friend as well as others. I decided to be a bit diplomatic and talk to the American clients. They told a horror story about their hunt. Both were from Las Vegas. They were EXTREMELY unhappy.

While we were there were heard over the radio that PH's quit in the field because they weren't getting paid.

Subsequently, our game scouts caught him on our area TWICE while I was there.

I recon EuroAfroGroup doesn't want to debate in public. It will be really bad for Mulla. Not much good can be said about him.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:
piece of shit

I couldn't have said it any better. pissers

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tapper2:
I was screwed out of $12,000+ by Mulla. We were even taken to the camp and then told we could not hunt. They only had minimal food, no meat. After three days we were finally able to get cell phone service 2 hours from camp and call in a bush plane to get us out of there. It is not pleasent to find out the staff hasn't been paid for six months and you have a large amount of cash with you next to a croc infested river.

Mulla should hope that I don't find him in a similar situation..........Tom

Tom, can you give us more details about your $12k? Feel free to contact us for a way forward.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I can say this with absolute certainty. One of my personal friends was screwed out of $40,000 my Mulla. Yes, he paid and no hunt was conducted. He even operated on one of the Usangu people for free. NO HUNT!!!

In 2007, on the first day of our safari we had lunch on the boundary between Usangu & Lunda south. After lunch, we drove deeper into our area. A few miles in, I looked over to my right and much to my surprise, I saw a group of people with guns. I noted one guy that I instantly thought was trouble. We stopped and I was introduced to Zahir Mulla. He was poaching our concession.

I know a little Swahili. He was offering my PH to allow me to shoot a croc on the Usangu concession to keep things quiet. I wanted no part of him knowing what he had done to my friend as well as others. I decided to be a bit diplomatic and talk to the American clients. They told a horror story about their hunt. Both were from Las Vegas. They were EXTREMELY unhappy.

While we were there were heard over the radio that PH's quit in the field because they weren't getting paid.

Subsequently, our game scouts caught him on our area TWICE while I was there.

I recon EuroAfroGroup doesn't want to debate in public. It will be really bad for Mulla. Not much good can be said about him.

Hello Larry, what is the name of the client who paid $40k and did not hunt?

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I would think it to be pretty obvious by now. If you or your company is in any way, shape, or form associated with Mulla, you are wasting your time here on AR. Your platitudes will not garner a sympathetic ear. Why bother continuing with this charade?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indi:
If EuroAfroGroup is Zahir Mulla , i strongly advice all hunters not to even try to contact this company.
He is the most dishonest outfitter on hearth and a bigbig rat.
He does not deserve to be called an outfitter so please BAN this piece of shit from hunting industry by not booking with him.
It will be a huge favour that you do to yourself and to the hunting world.
Shame on you Rat Mulla !

Indi, have you dealt with Zahir directly or were you an affected person?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
I would think it to be pretty obvious by now. If you or your company is in any way, shape, or form associated with Mulla, you are wasting your time here on AR. Your platitudes will not garner a sympathetic ear. Why bother continuing with this charade?

We are not looking for sympathetic ear. We are here so that we can reach out to affected clients for one. The other we can discuss our side of story to affected clients who did not deal directly with Zahir since 2006.

A lot of transactions were handled by an agent who cut off communication in August 2007 without properly handing over financial information. For that reason we have little information as to who paid what.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Yea, well ... it seems the AR members here don't care to hear it. Seems like a waste of time to me. I don't know anything of what went on concerning all of this. But I'll say from what I've read so far, even though you are being very cordial and respectful in attempting to portray your message, I would never consider doing business with your company as the trust was violated and that is a very hard thing to ever recover from.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wasn`t Lunda operated by Hallary Daffi????? who over hunted his lion quota in lunda using Lake Chaya licence and had a chase with WMA guys in Iringa. How can one say poaching in ones area when you over shoot the animals in a WMA and use other areas permits, I think that is poaching not finding someone on the boaderline of 2 areas.with no game in the back of the truck. Over shooting 2-3 lions in 4 months with only 1 tag on the area. That was one reason Hillary daffi was trown out of the Lunda WMA....now he will finish what Rabin hurt conserved for the last 15 years or so. Give him 3 years and they will be no lion or leopard in the areas he is allocated....Conservation comes from ones heart and soul....

THISDAY REPORTER
Dar es Salaam

A TOURIST hunting company based in Arusha has continued to be consistently linked to allegations of hunting wild animals beyond its licensed quota, but there appears to be little action taken by authorities to address the issue.

According to THISDAY investigations, the wildlife division in the Ministry of Tourism, and Natural Resources has yet to do anything about the allegations being leveled against Marera Safari Lodge and Tours (Tanzania) Limited.

This is despite increasing evidence that the firm has repeatedly breached hunting regulations, including overshooting of quota on animals such as zebras and lions, and using unlicensed professional hunters.

Our findings also strongly suggest that the Marera company is being protected by a once powerful ex-director of wildlife, in an alleged ’Godfather-like’ capacity.

Records show that the Arusha-based firm was last year fined 5m/- for overshooting zebras in the Pawaga-Idodi Wildlife Management Area (WMA) - known by its Kiswahili acronym of MBOMIPA � in Iringa District.

According to the Wildlife Conservation Act of 1974, the legal penalty for such an offence is imprisonment for a term of at least three years, plus a fine of up to 100,000/- if the court so wishes.

A report compiled by wildlife division officials last year indicated that Marera Safaris had confessed to killing eight zebras, instead of its maximum quota of four, during the July-December 2007 tourist hunting season.

The firm was penalized for the misconduct and paid 5m/-.

But according to documents availed to THISDAY by Pawaga-Idodi WMA community leaders, although Marera Safaris was given a hunting quota of two lions and eight zebras for the 2007 hunting season, the firm actually killed four lions and 13 zebras, thus surpassing its licensed quota by far.

According to another report prepared by two local game scouts and submitted to the Iringa District Game Officer in April 2008, four lions were killed between July 30 and December 31, 2007 by American tourists using permit numbers 19327, 17437, 19066 and 17697.

The report says the lions were killed in the Mdekwa, Igawa Lunda South and Kibaoni Lunda South areas.

It is believed that the Iringa District Game Officer identified as Kassim Luvanga, who was supposed to supervize the hunting activities, witnessed the overshooting done by Marera Safaris, but did not report this anomaly to relevant authorities.

Luvanga is now himself facing charges of illegal hunting, whereby it is alleged that he personally hunted and killed a female dik dik during the hunting off-season early this year.

He is also alleged to have been found in possession of a shotgun firearm, contrary to the law.

Luvanga, along with two accomplices, were carrying animal carcasses in a government-owned motor vehicle when they were arrested by village game scouts at midnight on January 10 this year, at the Lunda zone roadblock

There are further reports that Marera Safaris also used two unlicensed professional hunters in 2007, contrary to the law, and furthermore breached the hunting contract it had with MBOMIPA with the aim of giving itself enough leeway to continue conducting tourist hunting activities in the Pawaga-Idodi WMA.

Still, no indictments have been made by the government so far over these alleged breaches of the law at hand.

To the contrary, hunting industry sources say it is MBOMIPA now being pressured by wildlife division authorities to allow Marera Safaris to continue to operate in the area.

In a further twist to the saga, a file containing key documents that detailed alleged illegal hunting activities by Marera Safaris was reportedly stolen from the Pawaga-Idodi WMA offices in June last year.

The reported disappearance of the file came amid reports that the company had been let off the hook by Iringa District authorities despite the piling allegations against it.

Marera Safaris Lodge and Tours (T) Limited Managing Director, Hilary Daffi, has meanwhile denied the allegations being made against the company.

’’The area in which we are operating is one of the most potentially-lucrative hunting blocks in the country. There is therefore pressure from some other hunters who want to remove me from the area,’’ asserted Daffi when contacted for comment.

Kathi

One of Us
posted Hide Post
THISDAY REPORTER
Dar es Salaam

THE government is investigating reports that a number of tourist hunting companies are involved in massive poaching activities that are threatening to drive much of the country’s wildlife population to the brink of extinction.

It has been disclosed that an investigation is underway into allegations that one tourist hunting firm based in Arusha has been breaching hunting regulations and the Wildlife Conservation Act of 1974 by exceeding its quota on the maximum number of animals it is allowed to kill.

This comes amid reports that the once-large populations of lions and other game animals in the country are rapidly dwindling due to illegal hunting activities.

Sources say the company in question, Marera Safaris Lodge and Tours (Tanzania), has been hunting more animals than allocated under its licensed quota in a wildlife management area (WMA) in Iringa Region.

But according to the sources, no legal measures have so far been taken against the company, allegedly because it is being protected by senior government officials in the region.

The Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism says it has already been made aware of the allegations of illegal hunting activities against the company, and is investigating.

’’I have the allegations on my desk, and we are making preparations to carry out a thorough investigation to establish the truth,’’ the acting director of wildlife in the ministry, Bonaventura Midala, told THISDAY in a telephone interview yesterday.

Midala said the wildlife department has received reports from members of the Idodi-Pawaga WMA community - known by its Kiswahili acronym of MBOMIPA - that Marera Safaris Lodge and Tours (T) Limited also secured hunting licences for two non-professional hunters (names withheld), who then hunted animals without valid permits.

He hinted that the department will also investigate these allegations if need be.

Industry sources told THISDAY in Iringa that Marera Safaris, whose base is in Arusha, entered into an agreement with the MBOMIPA community on July 30 last year to conduct tourist hunting in the Idodi-Pawaga WMA.

The sources said Marera Safaris was given a hunting quota for two lions and eight zebras during the July-December 2007 tourist hunting season, but the firm instead killed four lions and 13 zebras, thus surpassing its licensed quota.

According to a report prepared by two game scouts and submitted to the Iringa district game officer on April 30 this year, the four lions were killed on August 9, 2007 by an American tourist using licence number 1-19329, and the 13 zebras were killed on the same day by another American tourist.

A member of the Idodi-Pawaga WMA community board of trustees who preferred to remain anonymous said they reported the firm�s alleged misconduct to the Iringa district game officer, Eniyoye John, but no action has been taken todate.

’’The feeling is that the district game officer is protecting the company for reasons best known to himself,’’ said the board member.

The Idodi-Pawaga WMA has a total of 21 villages with a population of over 40,000.

When contacted for comment, Eniyoye John said:’’I am aware of the claims, but conflicts in the tourism industry that involve investors call for a soft diplomatic approach lest we frustrate them.’’

He said the Iringa District natural resources advisory board will meet on Saturday to discuss the issue.

The board is chaired by the Iringa District Commissioner, Erasto Mbwilo, who, however, claimed in an interview with this paper that he was not aware of the allegations.

But according to our impeccable sources within the Iringa District administration office: ’’All indications are that this company has breached hunting regulations and the law. Full stop.’’

The source added: ’’Since I am not happy with how the whole issue is being handled, I have already been labeled as an enemy and my life is at risk.’’

Also contacted for comment, the chief executive officer of Marera Safaris Lodge and Tours (T) Limited, Hillary Daffi, denied the allegations being leveled against the company, saying the issue is political.

’’The area in which I am operating is one of the most potentially-lucrative hunting blocks in the country. There is pressure from some hunters who want to remove me from the area,’’ Daffi said when reached by phone in Arusha.

There are widespread reports of various owners of tourist hunting companies being involved in poaching and illegal trade in game trophies.

Corruption and laxity in regulating the lucrative tourist hunting industry in the country have been blamed for contributing to shortfalls in government revenue from the key sector, as well as threatening the country’s wildlife population.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don`t go on digging old graves.... you never know what you will find in casket.....TIA