Find
Notify
Tools

Why The Hypocrisy on Here?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is a serious question.

Why is it okay to bash some but not others?

For example, it's okay to bash some, Mark Sullivan is a good example, Tred Barta is another, as numerous threads in the past attest to.

And you know what? Both Mark Sullivan and Tred Barta are more entertaining than watching that boring damn Craig Boddington drone on or PHC stumbling around half-crocked wearing that ridiculous beret and monocle.

But woe to he who says anything negative about Craig Boddington, Peter Hathaway Capstick, or any of the other forum favorites.

I haven't called anyone on here names or threatened anyone but I've been called an asshole, dick, dork, afterbirth that was kept alive, spoiled bitch, piece of shit, coward, etc for voicing the opinion that there is no such thing as a hunting accident, only screwups and that I think Boddington and a couple of others are shitty writers.

I think that there is a lot of hypocrites and keyboard commandos on here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are an asshole, a spoiled bitch, a piece of shit and a coward, among other things, and will never be happy until you admit to your family (at least those who speak to you) that you are actually a closetted homosexual and wish to be known as "Shirley" from now on...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9585 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Like Boddington or not, most see him as a positive asset to our sport. I think very highly of him.

PHC was a great writer. Most of us know that he was not all he claimed to be but we would like to see him RIP. He helped African hunting and African hunters by sending so many on their first safari.

Very few people see MS as a positive asset to our sport.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
You are an asshole, a spoiled bitch, a piece of shit and a coward, among other things, and will never be happy until you admit to your family (at least those who speak to you) that you are actually a closetted homosexual and wish to be known as "Shirley" from now on...

You're so stupid you really don't warrant a response but you are exactly what I was referring to in my post, tough guy. Aren't you the genius who posted that Boddington's kid saved the tracker's life by shooting him?

Asshole I may be but I'm hardly a coward. I've faced a lot scarier situations in my life than sparring with douchebags like you on the internet.

quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
Very few people see MS as a positive asset to our sport.

Jason,

I'm not sure that is correct. Perhaps many people HERE do not see him as an asset but he has a lot of clients who swear by him and I know a PH who is himself a very good cat man who told me that MS was one of the very best PHs for cats in all of Africa.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Adrook,

I don't think in the most recent incident it had anything to do with which "list" the folks involved were on ... it had everything to do with the event itself.

If you have a couple of seconds to assess a complex and fast moving situation, have to make a decision, and happen to be in a place that doesn't offer the best of visibility (... and don't happen to go into flow with its slowing of time) ... ) unfortunate things can occur.

Anyone who has hunted dangerous game is likely to be a lot more understanding than were you.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mstarling:
Adrook,

I don't think in the most recent incident it had anything to do with which "list" the folks involved were on ... it had everything to do with the event itself.

If you have a couple of seconds to assess a complex and fast moving situation, have to make a decision, and happen to be in a place that doesn't offer the best of visibility (... and don't happen to go into flow with its slowing of time) ... ) unfortunate things can occur.

Anyone who has hunted dangerous game is likely to be a lot more understanding than were you.

Mike,

I have hunted DG. Fact remains, criticize CB, PHC, etc and you are an asshole. Criticize MS and it is okay.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adrook:
quote:

You're so stupid you really don't warrant a response but you are exactly what I was referring to in my post, tough guy. Aren't you the genius who posted that she saved the tracker's life by shooting him?

Asshole I may be but I'm hardly a coward. I've faced a lot scarier situations in my life than sparring with douchebags like you on the internet.

Since reading comprehension is obviously not among your long suits (but then, what is?), I'll copy my statement here for you:

quote:
I feel bad for both the handler and the young lady, but it's entirely possible that her shot saved him from much more serious injuries. No way to know.

With your vast knowledge and experience surely you know that the time a leopard requires to open a human's guts is roughly half an eyeblink. When the young lady shot, by all accounts, the cat broke off the attack and left the tracker. It is entirely possible that, had she not fired when she did, the next second, literally, would have seen the cat's dewclaws employed, which would not have benefitted the tracker much.

As I said before, "No way to know".

Posts: 9585 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
With your vast knowledge and experience surely you know that the time a leaopard requires to open a human's guts is roughly half an eyeblink. When the young lady shot, by all accounts, the cat broke off the attack and left the tracker. It is entirely possible that, had she not fired when she did, the next second, literally, would have seen the cat's dewclaws employed, which would not have benefitted the tracker much.

I take it you've been reading your Capstick again. Like I said before, I would rather take my chances with a leopard than a high-powered rifle bullet. But, enough of that, you're hijacking my thread.

Back to Mark Sullivan and Tred Barta. Why is it okay to trash them?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CB and PHC built and build our sport up-MS tears it down with actions the anti's can use to convince folks we should not hunt.

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've not been involved in any of the threads that you are talking about. As you have pointed out, I'm new. That being said, you have found guilty a young girl who was placed in one hell of a situation and did the best she could. I don't think that shooting a pissed off leopard off of a gun bearer is what anyone would call a high percentage shot. Trashing PH's and writers aside you are still a spoiled little bitch, and a douchbag. Your intentional words and deeds have defined you just as you would define Ms. Boddington by her unintentional miss. I hope that a few of these guys get to meet you face to face on a Safari one day.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daniel77:
quote:

I've not been involved in any of the threads that you are talking about. As you have pointed out, I'm new. That being said, you have found guilty a young girl who was placed in one hell of a situation and did the best she could. I don't think that shooting a pissed off leopard off of a gun bearer is what anyone would call a high percentage shot. Trashing PH's and writers aside you are still a spoiled little bitch, and a douchbag. Your intentional words and deeds have defined you just as you would define Ms. Boddington by her unintentional miss. I hope that a few of these guys get to meet you face to face on a Safari one day.

Daniel,

It's spelled douchebag and this thread is not about Brittany Boddington and her unintentional miss hit. Stop these hijack attempts and address the question of why a respected PH such as MS is continually trashed as is Tred Barta who hold numerous archery records in Rowland Ward's.

Also, I didn't trash any PHs only a couple of shitty writers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daniel77:
quote:

You see, that's the hell of it, because of Shirley if I see a leopard chewing on ANY tubby, pasty-white queer-looking guy I have to refrain from shooting because it might be ol' Shirl.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't called anyone on here names or threatened anyone but I've been called an asshole, dick, dork, afterbirth that was kept alive, spoiled bitch, piece of shit, coward, etc for voicing the opinion that there is no such thing as a hunting accident, only screwups and that I think Boddington and a couple of others are shitty writers.

It might have something to do with your starting threads that can be seen as poking some members in the eye with a stick. You have to have expected to stir things up, and when people get stirred up some resort to ad hominem attacks.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
quote:

It might have something to do with your starting threads that can be seen as poking some members in the eye with a stick. You have to have expected to stir things up, and when people get stirred up some resort to ad hominem attacks.

Charles,

Or in this case, ad homo attacks...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Charles,

Like I said, stupid. Do you have anything substantive to add to this thread or would you like to offer more of your armchair expertise? pissers

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Charles,

You are just proving my point.

There is no one on AR that I agree with 100%, and very few that I never agree with, but in the vast majority of cases I try to disagree politely or hold my tongue.

It doesn't really cost anything to try to be polite.

I freely admit to falling off the wagon a time or two. Wink

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
quote:

Daniel,

It's spelled douchebag and this thread is not about Brittany Boddington and her unintentional miss hit. Stop these hijack attempts and address the question of why a respected PH such as MS is continually trashed as is Tred Barta who hold numerous archery records in Rowland Ward's.

Also, I didn't trash any PHs only a couple of shitty writers.

I'm responding, not hijacking so suck my left nut. Thanks for the spelling tip. I fully acknowledge that you'd know a lot more about a douchebag than I. I don't personally read the gun rags or follow the videos so none of those guys mean much to me. I do take exception to the way you trashed Boddington's daughter though. She isn't a pro and hasn't put herself out there, as far as I know. Keep your beef with her dad. As I've said, I haven't trashed any PH or writer at all so I'm not on the hook to answer your accusation, neither have I seen any PH or writer trashed on this forum except by YOU. If you don't like their stuff, don't read or view it.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Charles,

There is no one on AR that I agree with 100%, and very few that I never agree with, but in the vast majority of cases I try to disagree politely or hold my tongue.

Charles,

I respect you. You're probably right. By stating that CB's kid screwed up and trashing a couple of writers the ad hominem attacks are to be expected. I have a thick skin, however, and I stand by my statement that there are no hunting accidents and I think that CB is a shitty writer who shills for whatever he is reviewing be it a rifle, scope, binocular, safari operator, etc.

But the question remains.

Why are Mark Sullivan and Tred Barta fair game while Boddington, PHC, etc aren't?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adrook,

Not trying to jump on the bandwagon here, but you are really looking like a jackass here.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgar:
Adrook,

Not trying to jump on the bandwagon here, but you are really looking like a jackass here.

Why?

Why has only Jason addressed the original question? Leave your feelings about me aside and give feedback as to why MS is fair game and others are not. Mark Sullivan's reputation is that of a very good PH. Why is he trashed on here?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Charles,

Charles,

An admirable policy, and one I generally agree with and try to follow, but this particular hemorrhoid went too far attacking this young lady for no reason.

If you run out of anything better to do look over my posting history, I have no conflicts with anyone on here except this peter-puffer.

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Might have something to do with the way MS hunts. I did a quick search and there is a pretty strong consensus that he treats his customers poorly and is out for his own glory, even when it isn't earned. I don't know the guy at all, but when there's smoke....

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Adrook, when you get out of the WWWWAAAAHHHHMMMMBBBBUUUULLLLAAAANNNNCCCCEEEE, why don't you stop, and admit, that you made the post you did, and most of the posts you make, just to stir up shit, and you buddy chipoblowholefuckaroo defends you just to keep the shit rolling.

You have no damn idea what you would have done, neither do probably 95% of the rest of us on here, including the PH's that have been in similar situations.

Each case is different, the only thing you and chippy boy see differenty about this, is WHO was involved.

What would your response have been if it had been Mark Sullivan involved instead of a Boddington.

Care to man up and answer that?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgar:
Adrook,

Why?

Why has only Jason addressed the original question? Leave your feelings about me aside and give feedback as to why MS is fair game and others are not. Mark Sullivan's reputation is that of a very good PH. Why is he trashed on here?

Hey, Shirley, has anyone ever prevented you from expressing your boy-love for MS??

Are folks here not entitled to have and express an opinion that differs from yours?? Isn't that really all you are whining about??

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm! Let's see one post(a question),...19 responses and no one has answered the question. We have, of course had the usual elegant responses like "douchbag" (spelled incorrectly) and "suck my left nut", and many other literary efforts. This is a thread for the ages!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Hmmm! Let's see one post(a question),...19 responses and no one has answered the question. We have, of course had the usual elegant responses like "douchbag" (spelled incorrectly) and "suck my left nut", and many other literary efforts. This is a thread for the ages!
Peter.

The question is based on a false premise:

quote:

What Shirley is really asking is "Why isn't everybody required to agree with me?"

It's obviously "okay" for him to bash writers who are generally well-regarded here, because he has done so in the past and is still here whining.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You go beyond bashing to mean spirited attacks.

You don't like CB, Thats no skin off my nose. You don't like his work you have the right to say so to any one who cares to listen.

This terrible experience will stay with his daughter for a long time, the two statements gave a clear picture how quickly things happened , that she did not have a clear line of sight until she stepped around from behind the PH. She stood her ground and tried to help stop the threat to the hunting party. She did not freeze, she did not run, she stood her ground!

To second guess her and kick them around during such a time is way out of line. If you don't understand that there is no hope for you.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don ought to change the title of this post from "Why the hypocrisy here" to "Where are the manners here". If this keeps up, it's going to look like the political forum -- hell, it already does. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and entitled to express it, but it's not so much what you say as how you say it. Might I suggest that many here step back and take a deep breath?

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Don ought to change the title of this post from "Why the hypocrisy here" to "Where are the manners here". If this keeps up, it's going to look like the political forum -- hell, it already does. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and entitled to express it, but it's not so much what you say as how you say it. Might I suggest that many here step back and take a deep breath?

If I have been in any way uncivil to anyone I offer my sincere apology.

Except that dogfucker Adrook.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What question was there?

The man has a problem with Craig Boddington, Peter Capstick et. al., and seems to be enamored with Mark Sullivan.

Now I asked a question, and he has yet to respond, Would His Response Been The Same If One Of The People Involved Had Not Had The Last Name Of Boddington.

Now unless he has given you Power Of Attorney, You Can Not Answer That, Now Can You????

Do You Feel That His Response Toward Ms. Boddington's Actions In This Incident Was Warranted????????

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
For my uncivil behavior, I apologize to the board. Adrook can still moon. I am shocked so many people know and express how to correctly spell douchebag. I don't like to see people get so far out of line. Unfortunately, I sometimes follow whilst trying to round them up.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
The answer is that some suspect Sullivan of unethical conduct, implying he wounds game to provoke a charge and then shoots his client's game. I am not endorsing this, just mentioning what some have said.

Sullivan also has supporters who speak up for him. Some of those are people who are generally quite well respected. Thus a conundrum: how does a successful PH, with some sterling recommendations, get so many more charges than others?

Tred Barta -- I do not watch his show and I quite reading him when I quite reading Sport Fishing. From what I have seen, some thin he goes too far to try to reach a new goal, like wingshooting with a bow, perhaps accusing him of indulging in stunts. He does not come up nearly as often here as Sullivan does.

NB: Bear in mind the Terms of Service here (link at the bottom of every page):

quote:
Welcome to the AccurateReloading.com forums. They are free, all we ask in return is you obey our three suggestions. We ask you be civil to your fellow members, refrain from posting pictures not related to hunting and shooting and do not spam our board. Thanks and enjoy. Saeed and Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Might I suggest that many here step back and take a deep breath?

Might I suggest that you spend a little more time finding out WHY, everyone is acting the way they are.

Lavaca, you are entitled to your opinion as is EVERYONE else.

Don't know how far you have followed this particular issue, but it is just the latest in Adrook's campaign to convince people that Craig boddington and his family and Peter Capstick are all frauds or drunks or something.

This time his Holiness decided to expound on an incident that few if any of us, including him, have ever experienced.

Was his opinion based on the experience of the hunter involved, no.

Was it based on the sex of the hunter, or the age, no.

It was based on her last name, PERIOD.

Now can you prove me or anyone else wrong on that?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazyhorse, No, I don't agree with his comments about Ms. Boddington. And I think it was perfectly appropriate for anyone else who did not agree to point that out and voice their contrary opinion as well. All I am saying is that I don't think it is necessarily productive to do so with some of the rather colorful language that has been used here. All that does is result in more name calling and absolutely no constructive debate. On the other hand, if one has no wish to instruct, correct or debate, perhaps ignore might be a better approach. Please be clear, I'm not defending anyone here. My point is just an appeal for civility.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a serious question.

For example, it's okay to bash some, Mark Sullivan is a good example, Tred Barta is another, as numerous threads in the past attest to.

And you know what? Both Mark Sullivan and Tred Barta are more entertaining than watching that boring damn Craig Boddington drone on or PHC stumbling around half-crocked wearing that ridiculous beret and monocle.

But woe to he who says anything negative about Craig Boddington, Peter Hathaway Capstick, or any of the other forum favorites.

I think that there is a lot of hypocrites and keyboard commandos on here.

I am sorry, but did you say something?

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never watched Sullivan, but I can't stand Barta. He demonstrates that he is an arrogant prick on his show's opening "I have caught more tuna on rod and reel than any man alive". I have never heard similar statements from Boddington and by all accounts he is a gracious guy and is not afraid to show missed shots or other errors. I would be proud to share a camp with the Colonel, but would not want to have a beer with Barta.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Concerning Capstick, the man is dead and I never met him, but I enjoyed his writing. He may have taken literary license at times, but the books were entertaining. I enjoy reading Hemingway too- he was probably a jerk, but was one of the finest American writers ever.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Andy, in answer to your question, Tred comes across to most people as an asshole. Mark tried too hard with his "now the buffalo must decide how he is gonna die" lines to sell videos and with questionable initial shot placement and/or bullet-type on first shots. He may well be a fine guy, but doesn't have a bunch of friends in the US to vouch for him.
I have some reservations regarding a couple of the more revered writers because of their habits, at least early in their careers, of thinking they needed to do the shooting in order to do the writing. but the two I have in mind are well and deservedly respected for other attributes of character and experience.
As far as PHC goes, he lived his life and only wrote about it afterward. His videos in his old-age were poor efforts to make a buck for someone else, long after his real-life adventures--and he had had some (even if many of his tales were borrowed).
At least those are my takes on the question. I do suggest it should have been phrased a bit better.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrfudd:
I've never watched Sullivan, but I can't stand Barta. He demonstrates that he is an arrogant prick on his show's opening "I have caught more tuna on rod and reel than any man alive". I have never heard similar statements from Boddington and by all accounts he is a gracious guy and is not afraid to show missed shots or other errors. I would be proud to share a camp with the Colonel, but would not want to have a beer with Barta.

+1.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It seems that old saying is still true today.

"Give him enough rope, and he will hang himself"

adrook, you claim to have such a vast hunting experience, I have no way t tell whether that is true or not.

But, from your behaviour on these forums, you sure need a lot of attention in your social and decency behaviour.

Having different opinions to others is one thing, trying so hard to prove that you are different, as a human being and as a hunter, is quite another.

I am very sorry to say that you have succeeded.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67051 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote