THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand 2010
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand 2010
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I just received the DVD's. Thank you VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to watch them. dancing tu2

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheikh Saeed,

I was away for the last ten days, came back and found the DVDs waiting for me. Thank you so very much.

Warm regards
Saeed Ansari

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Little brown package in the mail, big smile...

Thanks!!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Glad you all got your videos.

You have seen the photos on my hunt report.

I have literally hundreds of great wildlife and other scenery photos, and will be happy to send you a copy.

All you have to do is post your views of our hunting video.

A sort of review.

Just bear in mind that anyone posting anyting nice about Walter will get disqualified rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68792 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheikh Saeed, YES I received the DVDs. Thank you very much. Actually, the DVDs were received by my TWO years daughter. She heared the postman droping something through the door and brought them to me. I was watching an Asian Cup game (UAE vs Noth Korea) then she surprised me with DVDs. THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN.

Aziz Al-Habsi
Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 51 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: 15 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

Picked up my videos today. Have to wait until after work before I can play. Looking forword to viewing them.

Thanks so much.

Regards,

D.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I have watched the video's, Great, but one question:

Why did you let Walter sit so close to the cockpit on the charter flight?

You'r lucky he didn't get up and start fiddling with things over the pilot's shoulder!
I can hear it now,

Walter: Hold my Beer and watch this!
Pilot: What the...?
Walter: What is this switch and those levers for? Oops, should that alarmie thing be going off?
Saeed: Oh, Crap!

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Got my copy last week and watched them all over the weekend. Enjoyed it very much. That "cabin" in the mountains looks really cool and the buffalo in the thick stuff was a great hunt!

Also really liked the footage of the Masailand animals, the lesser kudu feeding, the Grants, Tommies, the gerenuk, dik dik etc..

Hard to get used to seeing the "leafy suits" being used in Africa although I am sure they help you to get close.

Thanks again.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntingineurope
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

I received the DVDs today, thank you.

I have set myself organized in the best chair, and look forward to seeing them popcorn

SCI Life Member
www.allanvester.dk

Posts: 111 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 02 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A great day! I came home from work and found the DVDs, 200 brass, 100 bullets and 1 of the rifles I ordered.
It's going to be a great weekend!!

Thank you very much Saeed! I appriciate the obvious effort you put into making these copies!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the DVD's, they were the first dvd's played on my new home theater.

raymedic

one of us
posted Hide Post
I never look a gift horse in the mouth, and request no giddyup, nor apply spurs to a gift horse. A carrot on a stick is my preferred riding guidance for gift horses.

Having supporting cast status in the latest production, I was able to get both DVD and HD versions of the expedition documentary.
The DVD worked fine until 51 minutes into the 6th disk. Nothing after that.

The last hour-plus of the sixth part of the show works fine on the HD version, as well as throughout all six parts.

Now, that last hour of the 6th disk is mostly natural history and sociology. Beautiful in its own way, but ...

The foregoing 10 hours was hilarious in more parts, exciting the red gods more, and showcased Saeed's amazing long-range-running-game shooting ability.

Sheikh Saeed sure knows how to figure a lead.
Maybe from his championship shotgun days, he has evolved into a superhuman instintctive rifle shooter?

I hear he shoots guinea fowl on the wing at 100 yards too, but I did not get a chance to see that.

Karamojo Bell practiced with his 7x57 on flying waterfowl high in the sky, pass shooting beyond shotgun range.
I wonder if he was as good as Saeed? Cool

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed and greatly appreciated the HD version. I played it on a laptop hooked to a wide screen HD TV screen and it's almost like being there.

In addition to the animals and real hunting shown, I most appreciate hearing the discussions and comments and the ancillary (non shooting)scenes and events. this brings the true flavor of the hunt and camaraderie - the real safari experience.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
As of yesterday, we have shipped 1021 copies!!

I have a few requests that I will ship to this week.

From the messages I am getting, members seem to enjoy our format.

That is doing no add on voice overs or music, and leaving the footage in its raw state as it was filmed. Which I think adds to the safari experience.

Walter is one of the most vocal of those who want to add descriptions and music.

Alan tells him he can do his own safari as he wishes, to which Walter replies "Trouble with you is you have known Saeed since you were a teeny weeny little boy. He has brainwashed you. Now you are becoming as bad as him and your father!"

This is the sort of abuse we have to put up from Walter.

Tomorrow we are supposed to go fishing.
Last time Walter came fishing with us he caught a bucket!

He was asleep, and the fishing was a bit slow. So we put a weight in a bucket and tied it to the fishing line. We dropped the bucket behind the boat, and let the bucket get to about 300 yards behind us.

"OY Walter, come and get this bloody thing! It is your turn!"

Walter got up and was duly installed in the fighting chair. He proceeded to pull the line in. With comments that it was going to be the biggest fish anyone has caught.

The bucket came into view when it was about 20 yards behind us, and the proverbial penny dropped.

And as usual, the insults came fast and furious.

He has promised he won't sleep tomorrow.

Posts: 68792 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Walter sleeps while deep sea fishing?
I understand that!
Fishing bores me to death too!
If not posing in tigerfish casting for a video,
I will fish only if I can spear, arrow, or snag with a large treble hook, as with red salmon swimming by in a stream.
I put salmon eggs on the treble hook (for appearance of "bait") and make sure the "Fish & Game" warden is not watching me.

As for me taking a 15 minute nap in the bullrushes of Hades,
while Sir Paul Olivier, PH of the Realm, glassed the herd 150 yards away for over an hour:
That was jet lag on my first day of hunting!

What did I say?
Professional Hunters are testy chaps, always testing the client on the first day of hunting.
He took me to Hades Swamp at high noon!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
It was raining last night, so Walter called.

"And?"
"And what?"
"And?"
"What are you on about now?"

"Did you notice it is raining?"
"I know it is raining, so what do you want?"

"When are you going to have some good manners?"
"I do when I talk to people who do have good manners"

"Are we going fishing tomorrow?"
"Yes"

"Yes what?"
"Yes we are going fishing tomorrow. And the same rules apply as in Africa. The boat leaves at precisely 8. If you are not in it, you stay behind"

"How long are we going to be away?"
"As long as it takes to make you mad"

"With you around, that will take just 5 minutes"
"OK, so you can just jump over board five minutes later"

"MM. Who is coming?"
"You will see them when you get in the boat"
"I want to know their names"
"OK, Leif, Peter, Danny, Calvin, Mark, me and you"

"Appart from you, who are the other ones?"
"I told you, you will meet them in the boat"

"How are they getting to the boat?"
"They are coming here, and we will go all together"

"So they get VIP treatment, and I have to drive there?"
"Yes"

"I don't know why I bother going with you"
"Neither do I. The minute you decide to stay home, we will all celebrate"

"That I know. That is why I am coming. I like to make your life misserable"

"Remember the bucket!"
"I do. That is why I am NOT going to sleep"

"Can we stop this conversation now? See you before 8!"

one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
That is a good way to get Walter's enthusiasm up. With high blood pressure and spririt he will do a good job fishing.

yuck

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Received my little brown package today. A very big thankyou to Saeed for his kind generosity. tu2 Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Just watched 1&2, good going!

Question - looks like Alan and Roy are both lefties and they both shoot right hand rifles? They seems to doing it just fine!? What calibers are their rifles?

Posts: 2032 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Patriarch Roy is using his wildcat 450 Vincent Long, a .458/404 Jeffery, not the short version which he has also done.
I brought home one of his fireformed cases for my collection.
In the old days, Roy used a 460 Wby to back up Saeed.
Son Alan is using a 450 Ackley Magnum, IIRC, delivering similar ballistics.
Alan also had a 500 Nitro Express 3-Inch, Heym double rifle, and it was set up properly for a leftie, with 26" barrels to balance and handle the way "Tall Alan" likes.

Roy is officially retired from PH-ing after four decades or more, I guess.
He is the gunsmith who built the bolt action rifles that he and Alan are using.
Roy is still vigorous enough to hunt buffalo at 9000 feet. He has a lot of gunsmithing yet to be done.

BTW, Walter is soon retiring from his position as "Gunsmith Royale" in Dubai, after a mere 30 years there. Wink

one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Thanks RIP - it is quite interesting seing a LH pro to carry and work the RH rifle and not worry about it, besides - it reminded me of my early days with RH bolt rifles...and must say I haven't forgot to work those still after 15 years or so of using true lefties...still fast tho one has to drop rifle for every reload...

Yes I saw Heym attached at the back of the Cruiser, still looks like he prefers RH bolt Ackley...interesting indeed.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
Received my little brown package today. A very big thankyou to Saeed for his kind generosity. tu2 Cool

The wonderfull clips and photos I have seen led me to request a copy.
Does anyone know the time the disk are taking in transit between the UAE and the USA?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have seen it take anywhere between 1-3 weeks.

We have not shipped anything in the past week or so, as we are waiting for blank media to copy the films on.

If you have requested your say 10 days or so ago, then it is probably in the mail.

If later than that, I will make sure they get shipped as soon as we get the required media.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I must say i really enjoyed the raw footage, I couldnt stop watching the hunt.ive seen so many hunting DVD's but this one was nuch nicer to watch and interesing, i mean no narrating , music or any of that. So many small details that people dont usually see were on the dvd. Thank you once gain for letting us enjoy watching your experience in Tanzania.

Posts: 52 | Location: TANZANIA | Registered: 16 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I have seen it take anywhere between 1-3 weeks.

We have not shipped anything in the past week or so, as we are waiting for blank media to copy the films on.

If you have requested your say 10 days or so ago, then it is probably in the mail.

If later than that, I will make sure they get shipped as soon as we get the required media.

Thanks Saeed, I sent the PM late December... I think...But I think I'm a good shot too, so my "thinking" gets me into trouble more often than not. I'll keep checking the mail.

Thanks again for doing this for us, we all appreciate it more than words can express.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Just got back into town and found the much anticipated package waiting. Thanks so much for your efforts. Looking forward to seeing frame by frame replay of the latest adventure.

tu2

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Dear Saeed,

I received the DVD set this afternoon. Many thanks for your generosity. I sure that I am going to enjoy them as much as I did last year.Thank you again.

Best regards-
Locksley,R.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 813 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How does one obtain a copy of this DVD? It sounds very interesting.

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
How does one obtain a copy of this DVD? It sounds very interesting.

John

John,

Please send me a PM with your address, and I will be happy to send one set to you.

Gentlemen,

I am falling slightly behind sending these DVDs, for which I sincerely apologize.

We ran out of blank DVDs, and our new supply has arrived. But, I have been traveling, and trying to catch up with a few things here, so have not had the time to make more copies.

I am hoping that I will be able to make enough copies next weeks, and send them out.

Thank you for your patience.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Your videos are the best; I love the fact nothing is staged. It is so obvious in commercial films.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hola Saaed, como hago para recebir una copia de tu DVD de cacerias en Africa??

Gracias!

Caçar é mais que matar, é um estado de espirito...

Posts: 82 | Location: Brasil | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I have finally caught up and posted DVDs to all those who have requested them.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay.

As usually happens, a few seem to get lost.

So may I suggest that you wait for about 3 weeks, and if you have already requested a copy, and have not received it, please let me know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DVD's arrived today half way around the world in 11 days,wonderful.Thank you very much

Posts: 68 | Location: Camrose Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Sullivan:
DVD's arrived today half way around the world in 11 days,wonderful.Thank you very much

Jack,

I hope you don't feel short changed by not having some woman describe evrything for you in a sexy voice!

Let me know how you like it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy your videos much more than the commercially produced DVD's.There is no continuous loop of music to interfere with the hunting and nobody trying to sell me their product.I see that Walter was on the Bar B Q did anyone ever eat any of the meat he cooked?
Not short changed by the lack of a sexy voice the modified chicken (ostrich)dance was enough comic relief. Thanks again for the video's

Posts: 68 | Location: Camrose Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Jack,

Glad you enjoyed our safari.
Walter is great at making BBQs!
At least the ones when he does not cook the bait animals!

Everyone enjoys his BBQ!

Funny enough, I am the one who gets most complaints from him, as I like my meat well done.
He thinks I might as well eat charcoal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, thank you very much for sharing your hunting expeditions and DVD:s. I really enjoy them, what a fortune for us members here at this site to be able to enjoy your generosity and be able to look at these fantastic hunts over and over again.
Juhani K from Sweden.

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Saeed, the DVD set that you sent me arrived today. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Watching them will be a very welcome relief from all of the treestand deer and bear hunting, turkey hunting, and all of the "isn't that a beautiful (10") bass" fishing shows that are on the Outdoor channels.

Thanks again, Kurt

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffybr:
Saeed, the DVD set that you sent me arrived today. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Watching them will be a very welcome relief from all of the treestand deer and bear hunting, turkey hunting, and all of the "isn't that a beautiful (10") bass" fishing shows that are on the Outdoor channels.

Thanks again, Kurt

I hope you don't get too bored with Walter's antics! Smiler

posted Hide Post
I did get the dvd in the mail yesterday and me and my 8year old son have already wached the two first dvd`s.
So thank you very much Saeed for the dvd`s.

Svein

Posts: 46 | Location: �rskog, Norway | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With Quote