THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand 2010
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand 2010
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheikh Saeed, Thank you very much for the videos. I m just wondering with a such "big caliber" and a perfect heart shot, why the Grant still managed to run for such a distance? Is it because of the speed of the load or what?

Posts: 51 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: 15 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
tu2 that Buffalo on Mount Gelai is a definite winner and speaks volume about The Beast. Very good (bit lucky?) on that initial shot that proved to be decisive. And what an expression on Alan's face during the whole thing - he just loved it!
Anybody interested in that kind of thing just book an early Buffalo hunt in April or May - Very frustrating and highly rewarding Smiler.

P.S. Saeed PM sent.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
PM sent. Thank you very much Saeed.

Posts: 7 | Location: India | Registered: 21 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! Wink

Thank You SAEED!!!

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have finally finished the DVDs, and about 100 sets have already been shipped yesterday.

I am going to finish the HD version today, and hopefully start shipping them tomorrow.

We hope you all enjoy them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68792 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you "Taweel Alumer". I hope I will be among the first people to receive the DVDs.

Posts: 51 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: 15 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Sheikh Saeed, many thanks, they look fantastic; I cannot wait for the HD copies. Happy New Year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheikh Saeed,
You deserve some kind of Nobel Prize for your lifetime body of work, bringing enlightenment to the masses.
If Barack Obama and Al Gore merely won awards such as the "Peace Prize," then you must be awarded something better!
You have done so much more good than they!
Sounds like a new Nobel Category is in order, just for you.
clap

SSG Police: Are you mixing Arabic and Esperanto, with your latest address of Sheikh Saeed: "Taweel Alumer"
I like the Sheikh Saeed title, as he has surely earned that.
But "Taweel Alumer?"
What is that?

Binging:

"Alumer" is Esperanto for "shine."

In Arabic, regarding interpretation of the Qur'an:
A "ta'weel" is an interpretation based on reasoning involving various connotations of the words in context.
A "'tafseer" is the interpretation based on certain knowledge.

Taweel Alumer: Bringer of Light?

Does not Sheikh Saeed deserve to be a "'Tafseer Alumer" rather than a "Ta'weel Alumer?"

BTW, thank you very much, I have just renamed Sheikh Saeed's pet wildcat:

".375/404 Jeffery Sheikh Saeed" aka ".375/404 JSS."
That is a 'Tafseer Alumer!

BTW, I have just completed my maintenance of board certification modules (continuing medical education) with 3 days to spare. I can extend my board recertification exam for 3 extra years now. I don't have to take that test again until July 2014. Surely that will be the last time I do that crap!!! I do ACLS next week, then look out, it is rifle looney time after that.
Happy New Year All!

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My friend Ron,

"Taweel Alumer" means "The one with the long life"

In the old days, it was only used on the chief of a tribe. And generally, he is was an old man.

Hence the other title, "Sheikh".

"Sheikh" means "old man".

"Ya tawwel alumer" "you with the long life"

It is generally used in a discussion to re-enforce a point. Like normally said English "I tell you..." or "believe me"

I hope this adds to your enlightment of Arabic clap

Walter was here yesterday, he send his best regards.

I think he misses you.

He was in a bit of a confusing state, which as you know, is not unusual with him.

He was helping me pack the DVDs into their covers, and putting the labels on the sleeves.

And as anything that normally takes a person a few seconds to do, takes about 30 minutes with Walter, we had the usual argument.

There are six DVDs as you can see above, and we have a case that takes six DVDs.

The object was to put each one of these DVDs into a sleeve, then put the printed label on the outside of the sleeve.

I gave this job to Walter, as I was copying DVDs and printing labels directly on each one of them.

A few minutes later, I noticed that Walter was not doing much, appart from struggling to push a label onto the outside of the DVD sleeve.

"Are you having problems?"
"Yes! I am not going to put the DVDs in these! I will get confused and put more than one type in and miss another"

"OK, I will do that. You put the paper labels on the uotside. Even you cannot get that wrong!"

"Typical! I am here trying to help, and you being rude as usual"

Dogmatix started barking, running up the stairs.
Walter stopped what he was doing "Ahh, here comes my snack"

He knew cookies and tea were on the way.

He spent the next half an hour doing nothing but feeding the dog cookies, and helping himself of course, and drinking zaatter tea - thyme tea. Which he loves, and my wife makes especially for him.

I finished putting the DVDs in teh sleeves, and it was time to put the labels on the outside.

I print the labels, and we have a friend who was given the job of cutting them to size.

Walter loves this, as he says no one gets anything here without having to do something useful!

"Oy! stop eating and come do some work"
"Ok ok, what do I have to do?"

"Put these labels on the outside of the DVDs."

While telling him this, I finished sleeving a couple of DVDs.

I finished another 6, while his lordship is struggling with one.

"You know, you really are proving that you are totally, hopelessly USELESS! Why does it take you so long to put one label on?"

"I don't KNOW! The labels are too big to fit in easily"

"How come I can put them in then?"
" I don't know. May be the ones you are using are teh right size. I would not put this past you. You just enjoy making me sweat"

Our friends were watching and laughing.

One of them, the one who cut the labels, said "Walter, all the labels are the same size"

"Look, none asked your opinon. Be quiet and drink your tea!"

And the Walter saga continues!

And may it never ends!

Posts: 68792 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
SSG Police: Are you mixing Arabic and Esperanto, with your latest address of Sheikh Saeed: "Taweel Alumer"
I like the Sheikh Saeed title, as he has surely earned that.
But "Taweel Alumer?"
What is that?

Binging:

"Alumer" is Esperanto for "shine."

In Arabic, regarding interpretation of the Qur'an:
A "ta'weel" is an interpretation based on reasoning involving various connotations of the words in context.
A "'tafseer" is the interpretation based on certain knowledge.

Taweel Alumer: Bringer of Light?

Does not Sheikh Saeed deserve to be a "'Tafseer Alumer" rather than a "Ta'weel Alumer?"

BTW, thank you very much, I have just renamed Sheikh Saeed's pet wildcat:

RIP: You are right ther are some Arabic words mixing. "Taweel Alumer" means Long Live, and it is a sign of respect, actually it is more respectful than Sheikh.
But lets go back to the word "Tafseer" wwhich means translation inArabic. So, "Tafseer Alumer" means (translate live), which is not appropriate in Arabic. It is a good attempt though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I think Taweel Alumer was faster and more correct than my translation!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shukraan, 'aasif.

Very well. Taweel Alumer: Old Geezer
Even Walter qualifies.
Give Walter my best regards, he is the bravest hunter I know, and a multilingual genius.
I am a moRon when it comes to languages ... English alone is more than I can handle.

'Ilaa-liqaa sofa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How big is an Ostrich drumstick?
Can one drumstick satisfy Walter?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, thank you in advance for the DVD's, I can't wait.
Maybe I'll hide on the steps, dressed in Cammo waiting on the mail man. The neighbors might think something is up though, so maybe I better not!

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you!
PM sent.

Posts: 120 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 28 August 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am getting some enquiries on how much these video will cost.

They are all free.

All you need to do to get your copy is send me your name and mailing address in a PM.

A total of 373 sets have been sent already.

I would appreciate it if those who have received their set let me know.

We have shipped to:

Tanzania
South Africa
Botswana
Zimbabwe
Namibia
Zambia

Estonia
Norway
Sweden
Denmark
United Kingdom
Switzerland
Spain
Portugal
Italy
France
Iceland

USA
Canada
Chile
Argentina
Ecuador

Australia
New Zealand

India
Pakistan
Kuwait

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification Saeed. PM sent.

We have ordered in an oversupply of beer, pretzels, chips etc etc

We think even Walter would feel at home!

Regards

G

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted Hide Post
Does Roy always hunt with his fly open? See the Grant's video. Maybe it brings him luck?

Posts: 895 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed my friend,
Most gracious and generous of hosts,
I'll be looking for the Tanzania 2010 DVDs, thanks again. Something nice did show up in my mailbox today.
It is the yearend photoalbum publication of Wengert Winrose Safaris/Tanzania Game Trackers Safaris, for Tanzania 2010 hunting season.
Get a load of pages 52 and 53, and the front and back covers.
Have you gotten your copy yet?
There is a picture of Roy Vincent here, but no name in the heading.
Not to look my gift horse from WWS/TGTS in the mouth, but what kind of professional courtesy is that, to one of the world's greatest of retired professional hunters?
Maybe they thought Roy was Walter after his haircut? Wink

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentelemen,

As I have mentioned earlier, we had some problems with our video camera, which uses a DV tape to record HD video on at 1440x720 pixels.

It seems to have vreached the end of its life, after several years of good use.

I looked for a replacement, and decided on the Canon XF305.

This is a file based camera - it records on Compact flash cards.

I got the camera a few days ago, and took a short video of our animals in the backyard with it.

The results are absolutely fantastic!

I made a very short version of this clip, about 3:40 minutes, and thought those of you who have interest in video might wish to see it.

It is a very large file - about 870 MBs, so if you have a slow connection, please don't attempt downloading it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! holycow
Incredible resolution on the 'puter full screen!
Pink-breasted Parrot
Meerkats
Cheetah
Saeed petting cheetah
Cheetah licking Saeed's hand and forearm, out of affection, or because he is like a salty lollipop to the Cheetah? popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheikh Saeed, the full HD is amazing!!!! Thank you for sharing> Dose this mean that next year you are going to present full HD videos of your safari?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am not sure that destributing the video in HD would be adviceable.

The general format for HD is BluRay Disks, and I don't think many peoplpe have those yet.

Normal DVDs cannot play full HD.

One can get full HD content on a DVD as a media file, then play it on his computer connected to an HD TV.

Playing HD content on some computers is very difficult, as this requires a powerful processor and graphic card.

But, hopefully we will make this available for those who wish to have them.

I just made some calculations.

It seems an hour of full HD video at the bit rate we are using in that short clip would require 14.2Gbs of space!

We can reduce the bit rate a bit, and probably not make that much of a difference to the final quality.

I am going to do some experimenting and see what the results are.

posted Hide Post
Hello Saeed.

I got the dvd set today,will see it tonight dancing

Thanks again
L.M.

Posts: 15 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed has connections in Sweden. Wink
Still daydreaming here about that six-disk set ...

The Odd Couple: Walter and Ron Buffalo Hunting, or Buffalo Hunting Walter and Ron
Apologies to Gary Larson's Far Side, again.

Walter to Ron as they track a wounded buffalo called "Chester" in Tanzania's Moyowosi, in a swamp called "Hades":

"Buffalo breath? BUFFALO BREATH? ... Shall we discuss your incessant little grunting noises? ... And you snore, and talk in your sleep. I am getting no rest at night. I take a shower and go to bed, then toss and turn listening to you all night. That is why I have to take another shower when I get out of bed in the morning. That is why I am the cleanest dirty old man you will ever know, despite the 500 giga bytes of dirty jokes in my head that I regale you with all day ... And you laugh like a hyena! Remember the one about the pope and the cardinal? You know, the one where they go to the restroom at the Vatican, and they are standing side by side at the urinal?"

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Saeed has connections in Sweden. Wink
Still daydreaming here about that six-disk set ...

The Odd Couple: Walter and Ron Buffalo Hunting, or Buffalo Hunting Walter and Ron
Apologies to Gary Larson's Far Side, again.

Walter to Ron as they track a wounded buffalo called "Chester" in Tanzania's Moyowosi, in a swamp called "Hades":

"Buffalo breath? BUFFALO BREATH? ... Shall we discuss your incessant little grunting noises? ... And you snore, and talk in your sleep. I am getting no rest at night. I take a shower and go to bed, then toss and turn listening to you all night. That is why I have to take another shower when I get out of bed in the morning. That is why I am the cleanest dirty old man you will ever know, despite the 500 giga bytes of dirty jokes in my head that I regale you with all day ... And you laugh like a hyena! Remember the one about the pope and the cardinal? You know, the one where they go to the restroom at the Vatican, and they are standing side by side at the urinal?"

rotflmo rotflmo animal

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You Saeed!

O Happy Day, O Happy Day!

My Wife just called me at work and told me the DVD's are here! Now I have to suffer through the rest of the day (or maybe send my self home early?). Guess what I will be watching tonight?
By the way, I'm in New Hampshire, USA at the moment.

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
We have finally finished the DVDs, and about 100 sets have already been shipped yesterday.

I am going to finish the HD version today, and hopefully start shipping them tomorrow.

We hope you all enjoy them.

Received today. Safe and Sound

Many thanks

IBT dancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like I had an attempted "special delivery" while no one was at home today.
I shall pick it up tomorrow. thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Saeed my friend,
Most gracious and generous of hosts,
I'll be looking for the Tanzania 2010 DVDs, thanks again. Something nice did show up in my mailbox today.
It is the yearend photoalbum publication of Wengert Winrose Safaris/Tanzania Game Trackers Safaris, for Tanzania 2010 hunting season.
Get a load of pages 52 and 53, and the front and back covers.
Have you gotten your copy yet?
There is a picture of Roy Vincent here, but no name in the heading.
Not to look my gift horse from WWS/TGTS in the mouth, but what kind of professional courtesy is that, to one of the world's greatest of retired professional hunters?
Maybe they thought Roy was Walter after his haircut? Wink

here tis

http://www.tgts.com/LAI-huntin...%202010%20Master.pdf

beer

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Last night a few friends came over for dinner.

One of them brought a hunting DVD sent to him by someone he knows.

The video had a few hunting scenes, but sadly most of it was taken up by so many things that had very little relevance to the hunt.

Far too much talking, and the music was so awful people asked for the sound to be turned off.

Walter said " Bloody hell, I can even put up with hearing Saeed and Roy arguing that listen to all that rubbish!"

That, gentlemen, is real praise from Walter!

posted Hide Post
Hi All,

I just sent Saeed the following email:

Saeed,

I just received the DVDs in the mail a few minutes ago. Thank you very much, you are so kind. I'm going to start watching it as so as I send this email and post to the site to let people know I received it.

Thanks again,

AJ

P.S. For those of you who are waiting for your DVDs, I live in California, so it took 10 days OR THE DVDS to get here for Dubai-U A E.

posted Hide Post
Sorry, I just noticed 2 typos is my original posting. Here is the corrected posting:

Hi All,

I just sent Saeed the following email:

Saeed,

I just received the DVDs in the mail a few minutes ago. Thank you very much, you are so kind. I'm going to start watching it as SOON as I send this email and post to the site to let people know I received it.

Thanks again,

AJ

P.S. For those of you who are waiting for your DVDs, I live in California, so it took 10 days "for" THE DVDS to get here for Dubai-U A E.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got them! popcorn

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I had a dinner party last night. HAD to show the CDs to my guests.

Thank you very much. If you ever get to Phoenix, please let me know.

Most guys would sell the CDs for $30 and write off the cost of the hunt. Thanks for doing it for nothing. If you have a favorite charity, let us know.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I hope you and your guests enjoy the show.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I received mine today, 1/7/11.
Case was broken inside and disks were scratched. I played a little of the worse one and it seems to be OK.

Saeed

I want to thank you very much for your continuous show of friendship and generosity.
I don't know of a way to repay you other than wish that the generosity you show is returned to you 10 fold.
I wish You and Yours a Happy New Year.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I watched the DVD version with my wife and mother, they took turns listening to me laugh more often than Saeed and Walter combined.
Lounging in the recliner, laughing until tears streamed. This is excellent therapy. I am growing stronger. I did not wet my pants one time in 10 hours of belly laughs.

Now I am watching the HD version. Sitting with my face 1 foot from the screen. It is amazing. I can literally see the bees' knees on the close-up of the hive in the top of the tree.
I can see the chicken pox scars on the side of my face, that I never knew I had. I can see how big my belly is. Excellent therapy. I resolve to finish losing that 15 kilograms that Dr. Walter Wrigge prescribed as my goal.
Then I will be all twisted steel and sex appeal like Walter. animal

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I have received so many wonderful messages of thanks, and I would like to thank all of you for your kind words.

I would answer each of you individually, but having to answer several hundred messages is going to make Walter laugh his head off!

This man is absolutely incredible.

I know Ron got the impression that he is "the bravest hunter" on earth, and he might be just that in the bush in Africa.

But here, he is fit to give a statue a run for his money!

A week ago I was copying DVDs on a copying machine that does 7 copies at a time.

As soon as the copies are ready, I replace them with with blanks, so it makes another set of 7.

I then take the copied DVD, and print the labels on them, one at a time.

While this is going on, I was editing some video clips for a friend on another computer.

Walter, the genius he is, was sitting with a large bowl of rasberies and blueberries, topped by a large helping of vanilla ice cream.

Apparently eating wasn't the only thing he was doing then.

"How many DVDs are you doing now?" He asked.

"56 sets"
"You are doing more. I have been watching you running backwards and forwards now for a while. You are doing more"

"No I am not. I am doing 56 sets. Which means 56x6. Which works out to 336 DVDs. Why are you asking? Are you going to help?

"No no no. If I try to do what you are doing I will get myself confused"

"Glad you admit that"

"I have been counting how many steps you take for each time you go around doing things. You are making 26 steps. Can you work what 26x336 is on your calculator?"

"It is 8,736"
"Good. No wonder you are so thin and weak! You don't eat enough good stuff like this"

"You have all your calculations wrong. The copying machine makes 7 at a time, not one at a time. So you better go back to your calculations. And I eat enough food to keep me going. If I ate a quarter fo what you eat I would be 300 kilos by now"

"You don't listen. If you thought as much as I do, you would need to eat a lot more"

"May I ask what do you think about so much?"

"I keep thinking about you. Being my best friend, I care about you. You never sit still, but you don't eat enough"

"I see you have finished your snack. How long before you would ask for more?"

"Mind your own business. I will call my sweetheart Hessa in a little while, and she will bring me something nice to eat. She always comes running with something nice when I call her"

"True, but she keeps wondering where you put all that food"

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Got mine in the post today! popcorn tu2

Thank you Saaed will start watching tomorow.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2549 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote