THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand 2010
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand 2010
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand With TGT In 2010, Part I

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand With TGT In 2010, Part II

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand With TGT In 2010, Part III

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand With TGT In 2010, Part IV

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand With TGT In 2010, Part V

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand With TGT In 2010, Part VI

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand With TGT In 2010, Part VII

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand With TGT In 2010, Part VIII

Our Safari In The Moyowosi And Masailand With TGT In 2010, Part VIIII

VIDEOS

Crocs Taken By A Video Camera We Put Up On A Tree As They Fed On The Bait.

Our game scout and trackers using gunpowder taken from ome of my cartridges to salt their lunch!.

Walter shooting a Thomson's gazelle.

Walter is showing Roy what one gets when he shoots a buffalo, Part 1.

Walter is showing Roy what one gets when he shoots a buffalo, Part 2.

Walter is showing Roy what one gets when he shoots a buffalo, Part 3.

Walter is showing Roy what one gets when he shoots a buffalo, Part 4.

Walter is showing Roy what one gets when he shoots a buffalo, Part 5.

Two Buffalo

Buffalo

Buffalo

Hyena

Eland

Duiker

Warthog

Topi

A Young, Very Dark Lion

Three Lionesses

Eland 2

Roy Shooting A Buffalo

Buffalo

Hippo

Recovering A Hippo

Roy Shooting A Zebra

Zebra

Walter On The Plane

Gerenuk Feeding

Leupold Scope Enduring The Rattle And Shakes Of Safari

Masai 1

Masai 2

Masai 3

Ron Shooting A Warthog

Ron Shooting A Topi

Ron Shooting A Buffalo

Ron Shooting A Zebra

Buffalo On Mount Gelai

Lesser Kudu

Gerenuk

Roy Shooting A Wildebeest

Roy Shooting A Grant Gazelle

Ostrich

Fringe Eared Oryx

Grant Gazelle

Ladies and Gentelemen,

As I have mentioned earlier, we had some problems with our video camera, which uses a DV tape to record HD video on at 1440x720 pixels.

It seems to have vreached the end of its life, after several years of good use.

I looked for a replacement, and decided on the Canon XF305.

This is a file based camera - it records on Compact flash cards.

I got the camera a few days ago, and took a short video of our animals in the backyard with it.

The results are absolutely fantastic!

I made a very short version of this clip, about 3:40 minutes, and thought those of you who have interest in video might wish to see it.

It is a very large file - about 870 MBs, so if you have a slow connection, please don't attempt downloading it.

A Full HD Film Sampler Of Our Animals

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67599 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Simply fantastic and I look forward to seeing more.

I really like the way you take time out to appreciate the small things of safari such as birds, insects and flowers that the vast majority of hunters don't even notice. tu2

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. It is always nice to have the objectives in the salt, but it is the little things that make up the package. Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great pictures Thank you

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Saeed: Can't believe the crystal-clear definition in your photos. That's a great piece of glass you were using. Especially like the photo of the collared dove and the lizard.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16547 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see more. I also appreciate your showing of the wildlife other than game that is special to a safari.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good eye!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Saeed.. Thank you very much!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thansk for sharring. I really liked the dust devil and the lizzie's.

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Magnificent Photography; how did you have time to hunt?

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great photography as usual. I enjoyed them.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LSW,
How did Saeed find time to hunt with all the photography he was doing? He is very efficient in use of calories consumed and expert in time management!

For example: Saeed took a bull ostrich and oryx in the AM of that day, with running shots at approximately 200 and 300 yards respectively.
He then returned to camp for lunch, stopping only long enough to snap a pic of the dust devil.
After lunch, while everyone else except Bwana Saeed and I had siesta (I do not sleep at midday!), I observed Bwana Saeed using a biscuit as squirrel bait, a couple of yards from the mess tent.
His shutter was soon whirring at high rate in burst mode now and then.
In just a few minutes he had all the above wildlife photos and many more.
I took a picture of his shooting technique, from my observation position across the mess tent.
When I get things sorted out, I will post this. Wink

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
He is very efficient in use of calories consumed and expert in time management!

You can say that again!!

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Simply fantastic and I look forward to seeing more.

I really like the way you take time out to appreciate the small things of safari such as birds, insects and flowers that the vast majority of hunters don't even notice. tu2

+1

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 798 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exquisite photos. You use depth of field and color contrast quite well. Thanks for sharing these.

Posts: 150 | Location: Blanco Co., TX | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Saeed! tu2 Can't wait for the future reports and pics, especially your details on our beloved Walter!

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you made it back okay.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19338 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Croc video is spectacular!! I liked that after you made the shot, the other croc came beside the dead one and nudged it. Almost like it was saying "come on then, move along"

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Roy came up with the contrast between me and Walter.

One morning, Walter had a plateful of eggs, bacon, sausages, toast and what have you.

I had one hard boiled egg.

We went looking for buffalo. And found the tracks of some bulls.

We followed them, and after about 12 ks we shot one.

We radioed for the truck to come, with Walter in it.

Walter arrived, and we all wanted to have a drink.

I had a can of Pepsi, Walter had a bar of chocolate. A few minutes later, Walter was having another bar of chocolate.
Then another, and another.

So he had 4 bars of chocolate, each is bigger than I can eat by myself.

Roy turned to him and said "you are very inefficient in utilizing calories"

"What do you mean?" Walter answered.

"You have been eating none stop all bloody morning. And you hardly moved from the truck. Saeed had one boiled egg, walked most of the morning, that is what I mean"

"You and Saeed don't think. It is thinking that requires lots of calories. If you and Saeed thought as much as I did, you would eat half a buffalo for lunch!"

There you have it.

To loose weight, one has to start thinking.

Posts: 67599 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck yuck

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BwanaCole
posted Hide Post
Dang!! I knew I was doing something wrong... ;-)

H. Cole Stage III, FRGS
ISC(PJ), USN (Ret)

"You do not have a right to an opinion. An opinion should be the result of careful thought, not an excuse for it."

Harlan Ellison

" War is God's way to teach Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 378 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spot on Roy!

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
People wonder why buffalo are so belligerent. Then you see all those ticks and realize that if you had all those ticks where those buffalo do, you would be belligerent too. Maybe someone should check Walter for ticks? rotflmo

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
"You and Saeed don't think. It is thinking that requires lots of calories. If you and Saeed thought as much as I did, you would eat half a buffalo for lunch!".....To loose weight, one has to start thinking.

Big Grin

I'll have to remember that one for my patients!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a lot of memories were made. Awesome pictures too.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tx308:
Looks like a lot of memories were made. Awesome pictures too.

I am going to post a lot of photos.

I think we have taken over 19,000 photos altogether.

I am leaving the country in a few hours, and be back on the 22nd of the month.

I am taking my computer with me, and I am hoping to sort through the photos while I am away.

I will put the reports together once I am back home.

I just hope not too many of you get bored with so many photos.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
shocker shocker 19,000 I thought we did good taking 1240 these amazing. now we know your secret of how you get the great photos. you wear out three camera per safari rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, A nice picture of Walters Blaser would be appreciated, Big Grin

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldun:

We do NOT take Blaser's on safari any more.

Walter had his with him once, and that fiasco was enough for me to make sure that abomination never goes on a hunt again!

He was trying to shoot a warthog.

First he could not see it, because of all the dead logs that looked like it.

Then he saw it.
Missed it.
Cycled the bolt THREE TIMES without firing a single shot.
Either not ejecting the empty, or ejecting the empty and not cycling a fresh round into the chamber.

That was the funniest thing I have ever seen anyone do while hunting.

I was rolling on the ground laughing, unable to stand.

I know, it wasn't the Blaser's fault.
But, the combination of the Blaser's design and Walter's mentality somehow do not go into making a safe and fun safari.

One of them had to be banned from coming along.
And it really is a very close toss up between the two.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by oldun:

We do NOT take Blaser's on safari any more.

Walter had his with him once, and that fiasco was enough for me to make sure that abomination never goes on a hunt again!

He was trying to shoot a warthog.

First he could not see it, because of all the dead logs that looked like it.

Then he saw it.
Missed it.
Cycled the bolt THREE TIMES without firing a single shot.
Either not ejecting the empty, or ejecting the empty and not cycling a fresh round into the chamber.

That was the funniest thing I have ever seen anyone do while hunting.

I was rolling on the ground laughing, unable to stand.

I know, it wasn't the Blaser's fault.
But, the combination of the Blaser's design and Walter's mentality somehow do not go into making a safe and fun safari.

One of them had to be banned from coming along.
And it really is a very close toss up between the two.

Saeed, A video of the above would have been priceless. Big Grin
Thanks for sharing the photographs.

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I'll never get a left-hand Blaser then. Of course, my Ruger 77 in .395 Max keeps me in enough trouble...not the gun, the nut behind the recoil pad keeps having problems.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed for your wonderful photos, and indeed this web-site; it is simply outstanding!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed is incredible.
He is as dynamic as it gets, mentally and physically, energizing anything he participates in, I am sure.
I think of Walter as the ballast in the hull of the ship of fools Captained by Saeed.
I was a crew member on that ship, and had a wonderful time, fooling around all over Tanzania!!! Wink

I am still digging out of a month's worth of backlog in mail and work responsibilities, etc.
I have been able to look at only a small fraction of the photos so far.
It is great that Saeed is able to get as much posted as he has so far.
I will do some posting of wonderfully fun experiences soon.

Some observations/confessions of the "Ugly American":

I was the fattest in camp, excluding some bigger bellied game scouts with AK-47s. Abdominal girth is a status symbol among some tribes of Tanzania.

The GSC .510/450-grain bullet at 2654 fps
... that killed the cape buffalo at 90 yards with a perfect heart shot after passing through onside shoulder bone
... was recovered in the offside shoulder muscle with its nose plugged with bone, and the bullet was bent and nonexpanded
... it apparently tumbled through the heart in a devastating way
... a spectacular one-shot-kill bullet failure!!!

My second buffalo was wounded and lost with the same bullet. Frowner
There is much more to say about this.
It's the only bad thing that happened to me on this trip. Others involved suffered from this fiasco, including the buffalo. Two days of unsuccessfully looking for an apparently flesh-wounded buffalo did yield lots of close encounters with other buffalo.
Sorry about that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP, sorry to hear about the buffalo.
Did you get a 375 UAE?
For reverse engineering.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
I am still digging out of a month's worth of backlog in mail and work responsibilities, etc.
I have been able to look at only a small fraction of the photos so far.
It is great that Saeed is able to get as much posted as he has so far.
I will do some posting of wonderfully fun experiences soon.

I can empathize....I had never been so far behind at work or home. Being AWOL for 25 days takes some practice! Wink

Some observations/confessions of the "Ugly American":

I was the fattest in camp, excluding some bigger bellied game scouts with AK-47s. Abdominal girth is a status symbol among some tribes of Tanzania.

I can empathize here too. I think Saeed commented that Nelson looked pregnant and I looked like I was going to have twins. Smiler It was sufficiently motivating (seeing myself in HD video) that I am now 40 lbs lighter than this time last year. I weigh 180 for the first time since university.

The GSC .510/450-grain bullet at 2654 fps
... that killed the cape buffalo at 90 yards with a perfect heart shot after passing through onside shoulder bone
... was recovered in the offside shoulder muscle with its nose plugged with bone, and the bullet was bent and nonexpanded
... it apparently tumbled through the heart in a devastating way
... a spectacular one-shot-kill bullet failure!!!

My second buffalo was wounded and lost with the same bullet. Frowner
There is much more to say about this.
It's the only bad thing that happened to me on this trip. Others involved suffered from this fiasco, including the buffalo. Two days of unsuccessfully looking for an apparently flesh-wounded buffalo did yield lots of close encounters with other buffalo.
Sorry about that.

Sorry to hear that RIP! That's a tough one for sure.

Looking forward to hearing your stories etc when you get caught up. tu2

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry "y'all", did not mean to highjack Saeed's post.
He was on the "A-Team" with Alan Vincent as PH and Roy Vincent as Videographer.

Walter and I were on the "V-Team" with Bwana Wayne James aka "Bwana Vee" as Videographer, and the incredible "Hunting Machine" PH Paul Olivier.

Sir Paul and crew were able to see that Walter and I put seven trophies each into the salt.

I am still digging out here, but have looked at about half of the photos.
I do have a specimen case and bullet from Saeed's .375/404 for reverse engineering.
And I do hope to be as svelt as Canuck someday.
Inspiring story there. Wink

Saeed should be back from his latest international travels in a few days to add some more ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was clever footage with the croc. Assume it was triggered with remote, now that I have been educated i'm going to check the remote range on my GL2 today.

I think i will give the croc a little more time to die before I grab it by its teeth, who ever that is in the vid is madman...

Posts: 177 | Location: The Arkansas Line | Registered: 15 May 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We used a video camera mounted up in a tree overlooking the bait.
It was not remotely operated, but was set to run after we set it up. The camera we used could record 6 hours of full HD video, and the battery lasts about 9 hours.

The PH pulling the croc by the teeth is Alan Vincent. He knew full well the croc is dead. That croc was dead from the first shot. But just in case, I added an insurance shot.

one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
One has to imagine that Walter along with his other responsibilities is a classic sidekick to Saeed. This since time immemorium was a theatrical device to provide comic relief and act as a counterpoint to the hero of the story.

Here is a picture of Roy Rodgers and his sidekick Gabby Hayes. Now I'm not suggesting a parallel, but if there were one...Nah..

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote