Has anyone done this ? Is it worth it ?
It's tempting.
https://safari-ed.com/
Cheers

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
No, or is it tempting to me.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like his same old stuff repackaged. Not interested

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
What an absolute waste of time and money. Does one really need the "whore of the industry" to tell one how to shoot an impala? I wonder if his used underwear are included in the price.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get better information from AR, and members generally pay for their hunts so the information is not biased. Totally not tempted.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Open Carry
posted Hide Post
Stupid and a waste of money.

Posts: 55 | Location: Easton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 28 November 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post
He should do one on tipping...

Posts: 395 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
$150 for an online course to shoot plains game? Save the money and aim about 1/3-1/2 way up from the bottom of chest. What a crock...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13388 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are absolutely right.
Its a lot of money for stuff we probably know.

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
What an absolute waste of time and money. Does one really need the "whore of the industry" to tell one how to shoot an impala? I wonder if his used underwear are included in the price.
Cal

+1

*Lesson #1- If you are a left hand shooter, use a LEFT HAND RIFLE....

I've met him. My opinion is...he's a dweeb.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 865 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cal

+1

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Damn, This is a Tough Crowd!!!!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Only in America!

Bloody hell, what next? rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68609 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Be able to walk, be able to shoot, don't pack to much, have fun.

You can PM me for the information on where to send the $150.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would sell you my secrets for a lot less....

After he copied Perfect Shot from Doctari and labeled his own "North American Perfect Shots" I lost a little respect for him.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed the first 3 'ten years of African Hunting' books very much.

Will any individual ever monetize the hunting industry in a more effective yet annoying way than Craig has? I seriously doubt it.

Wait.... Are you guys suggesting I got screwed when I paid $38.95 to outfit my boots with 'The Official Shoelaces Of Craig Boddington' for my upcoming safari?

Damn.

Posts: 446 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.......but I do love "Safari Rifles".

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Let Idaho Sharp Shooter back in so he can comment on this thread.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7622 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baker458:
. . . Will any individual ever monetize the hunting industry in a more effective yet annoying way than Craig has? I seriously doubt it. . . .

I am not sure just how effective he has monetize anything. I would suggest, he has not.

But he sure does license his name to lots of business, like this Safari Ed course. I feel sorry for them. Over on Africahunting.com, they are already discounting the courses $50.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Allow me to clarify.

Craig's early writings were well done and informative. His Safari Rifles is my favorite.

Then, when he started to sell himself by his endorsements, it was rather nauseating. The books and articles all told more of the best (rifle, sling, ammo, boots, sleeping bag, binoculars, binocular straps, hat, shooting gloves, safari company etc..pick one) than the hunt itself. He was being paid to write glowing reports. He has stated he pays for his safaris but one gent here on AR saw in person CB telling a PH to give him a hunt for good press. He also borrowed a few hundred thousand before filing bankruptcy, stiffing a good friend of mine. A perfect example on how money corrupts. Then, selling his underwear and asking for his "fans" to pay for the medical expenses of a guy his daughter shot on safari. Now, I don't read magazines that publish his stuff and have discarded anything I had of his later writings.

But, I still treasure my Safari Rifles.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Colonel Boddington is welcome to do whatever he likes to try and make a living.

Much of his writing I like... but many of his business dealings are a bit questionable.

This one... If one moved the decimal point to the left one space, I doubt any of us would be irritated. As it is, whoever set this up is going to make nothing of significance as I can't think of anyone who needs to spend $150 to figure out how to shoot an impala. Heck, I am willing to help local folks out for free to the best of my ability... as are most of us here.

I just don't have the name recognition (or the experience) that Craig Boddington has. Given that he does a bunch of hunting seminars where one gets in with admission, I doubt that this is the least expensive way to get the benefits of his experience, either.

Doesn't annoy me, but don't expect me to buy these like I bought his DVD's or some of his books; better ROI there... Been there, done that.

Posts: 10964 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allow me to clarify.

Craig's early writings were well done and informative. His Safari Rifles is my favorite.

Then, when he started to sell himself by his endorsements, it was rather nauseating. The books and articles all told more of the best (rifle, sling, ammo, boots, sleeping bag, binoculars, binocular straps, hat, shooting gloves, safari company etc..pick one) than the hunt itself. He was being paid to write glowing reports. He has stated he pays for his safaris but one gent here on AR saw in person CB telling a PH to give him a hunt for good press. He also borrowed a few hundred thousand before filing bankruptcy, stiffing a good friend of mine. A perfect example on how money corrupts. Then, selling his underwear and asking for his "fans" to pay for the medical expenses of a guy his daughter shot on safari. Now, I don't read magazines that publish his stuff and have discarded anything I had of his later writings.

Cal

Amazing someone can hunt all over claiming 30K in income, file BK, then hunt Markhor and Polar bear with a few years. He might have been awarded the Weatherby, but if I voted I would have picked Shockey.

The worst hunt I have ever had is one I booked due to a story he wrote. PHs bitched about how much biz his story was supposed to generate but didn't. An AR member was at my house a few weeks ago who wanted to book his first buff hunt. I showed the skull from that first hunt and said, "That is what a soft-bossed buffalo looks like after it is boiled." It was small to boot.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy had a chapter 7 bankruptcy filing at some point after the age of 60. Chapter 7 is total liquidation. Yes, as some have noted, it is curious how he went on all of these expensive hunts both pre and post filing considering his alleged income.

Imagine being over 60 years old and going through that . He has a relatively shortly period of time left to make money for retirement. He is simply trying to make money however he can.

Is there anything wrong with that? No, not to me. He isn't forcing anyone to buy it. Would I buy it? Not one chance in hell.

Does it bother me that he does this? Not at all. Personally, I found the used underwear much more troubling than this.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well if he had a class on Push Feed vs Controlled Feed, I would certainly spend the money...

Another useful class would be Mopane Bee Deterrence - the Do's and Don'ts

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allow me to clarify.

Cal

Agreed. I have zero respect for the man, and wouldn't walk across the street to ask him anything. He evidently has no shame.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allow me to clarify.

Cal

+1

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Well if he had a class on Push Feed vs Controlled Feed, I would certainly spend the money...

Another useful class would be Mopane Bee Deterrence - the Do's and Don'ts

rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Crap, I must have missed the "U Trou" incident. Selling skivvies, really??? nah...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just finished his kindle book ‘Buffalo!’ and I enjoyed it. Gonna purchase the printed version.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So Boddington can’t sell a “Safari shooter” course but it’s highly recommended by Sports Afield that anybody and everybody thinking about hunting Africa should attend a course at SAMMI or whatever the hell that place in Texas is?

No thanks on either. As mentioned above. Be able to walk and shoot, don’t pack to much and go have fun.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
This mob would have shredded Jack O'Connor, to. Making a buck in the 2000's is far different than when it was a paper world. Look at all the 'must have' gear youngsters think is needed to hunt nowadays. New, camo clothing (even in a blind/hide) for example. Then there's trail cameras, scope that adjust for drop at specified distances, scent control, ad nauseum. We're going to RSA after eleven years time and will take mostly what we've had at deer camp before. New boots, broken in because those wear out, especially if glued together and not sewn.

I'm still grateful to read about and view safaris. If Saeed were a good enough writer, his trips alone would be interesting reads. Craig has gone and done what most of us po' folks never will and more power to him.

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed,

WTF? ISS got the boot? No wonder this place has been so boring. All of the Classics are gone, I remember when this place would get you a letter from a lawyer, those were the days....

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
The guy had a chapter 7 bankruptcy filing at some point after the age of 60. Chapter 7 is total liquidation. Yes, as some have noted, it is curious how he went on all of these expensive hunts both pre and post filing considering his alleged income.

Imagine being over 60 years old and going through that . He has a relatively shortly period of time left to make money for retirement. He is simply trying to make money however he can.

Is there anything wrong with that? No, not to me. He isn't forcing anyone to buy it. Would I buy it? Not one chance in hell.

Does it bother me that he does this? Not at all. Personally, I found the used underwear much more troubling than this.

I think the used clothes was not his idea, but the idea of an idiot he employed.

I remember he wanted to teach all of us fuddy duddy's a lesson.

Poor sod, he could not stand being here very long when he actually faced men with experience clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68609 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

I think the used clothes was not his idea, but the idea of an idiot he employed.

I remember he wanted to teach all of us fuddy duddy's a lesson.

Poor sod, he could not stand being here very long when he actually faced men with experience clap

I believe the adjective he chose to describe us was “douche nozzles”. Cool

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I good friend of mine was a huge Craig Boddington fan. I went my friend to an event where Boddington was speaking. My friend purchased a 416 at the event and wanted to get Boddington to sign it. I went up with him to the table to meet Boddington and he gave him the rifle and asked to have it autographed. Keep in mind that my fiend is overweight. Boddington asked my friend what he was going to hunt with his rifle and my friend told him elephants. Boddington had never met the guy but responded. "You are too fat to hunt elephants!'
Boddington lost one of his biggest fans that day. Since this incident my fiend has killed four bull elephants.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
I good friend of mine was a huge Craig Boddington fan. I went my friend to an event where Boddington was speaking. My friend purchased a 416 at the event and wanted to get Boddington to sign it. I went up with him to the table to meet Boddington and he gave him the rifle and asked to have it autographed. Keep in mind that my fiend is overweight. Boddington asked my friend what he was going to hunt with his rifle and my friend told him elephants. Boddington had never met the guy but responded. "You are too fat to hunt elephants!'
Boddington lost one of his biggest fans that day. Since this incident my fiend has killed four bull elephants.

That’s sad, man.

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Lets take a look at the current "advice" that is out there on Africa hunting. If a newbie hunter to the dark continent got his/her info from watching the current TV shows showcasing African hunting, they would arrive in Africa with a Ruger rifle, Hornady factory ammunition, and a Trijicon scope. The sponsors for these products spend a tremendous amount trying to convince new Africa hunters this is the only way to go. Paid spokespeople go further and tell you it is the ONLY gear they would ever use. With all that said, I have personally not yet met a Zimbabwe PH who is not on the payroll of these companies advocating their gear - more often the PH advice is quite contrary to the TV advocates. For me personally, there is a LOT BETTER gear out there, especially stuff for dangerous game.

My point? If Craig is providing non sponsored advice for the newbie Africa hunter, they may be a lot better off taking his advice / instruction than just listening to what the paid sponsor folks are telling them.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

I'm a little surprised by the amount of vitriol being expressed over Mr. Boddington's attempt to provide a service for money. If it is of no interest to you don't buy it. Simple! If I was a safari newbie I think I'd be very interested in what Craig had to say since he has vast experience in African hunting. If I booked a hunter on his/her first X,Y,Z safari and they asked my opinion about buying Boddington's course I'd tell them to go for it. I might even recommend it. I've not read anything he's written or seen any of his videos that I thought were bullshit.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:

True or not , that is a pretty shocking thing to say. This is especially true if CB did not know your friend.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
quote:
Saeed,

WTF? ISS got the boot? No wonder this place has been so boring. All of the Classics are gone, I remember when this place would get you a letter from a lawyer, those were the days....

I think he offered to gut some people like a fish via PM, may have got a visit from local law enforcement.

Good to see you posting Brad.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote