Notify
Tools

Boddington Safari Course
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cajun1956:
Wow fellas! Thanks for the late advice regarding Hornady ammo. Being a first time African hunter at the time, I didn't realize that I shouldn't use Hornady ammo on dangerous game. I took my lion (.375 H&H DGX), buffalo (.375 H&H DGX), and elephant (.416 Rigby DGS) with Hornady ammo. Dropped them like a bad habit. One kill shot plus one insurance shot. Shot placement is the latest rage these days. Y'all should give it a try. Just say'n. Please carry on gentlemen. coffee

Shot placement means nothing when the round doesn’t fire. Shot placement means nothing when the primers fall out. Shot placement means nothing when the rims are out of tolerance and the gun either won’t close or fire. Please note that this is different than the failure to fire above. As far as the projectile failing, it has not happened to me personally although I know some that it has happened to. Your thoughts about this is a little like saying that you drove drunk a few times and got home without getting hurt or arrested. What’s the problem? Tempting fate there brother, tempting fate.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Care to guess which one is the Hornady? These perform far better than the DGX.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I like several of Boddington's books and enjoy reading his current articles in Petersons Hunting. One thing about the guy is that he has self-discipline when it comes to writing.

I do not know what it is with Outdoor Writers but most of the famous ones tend to have somewhat of a reputation. Robert Ruark was a Bootlegger and Card Hustler in his early twenties. He was a terrible alcoholic and actually drank himself to death at 49.

Hemingway cheated on his taxes and was under suspicion from the FBI for his actions in Cuba. He was also an extremely mean alcoholic and he had four different wives. No one is perfect!

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Cajun1956:
Wow fellas! Thanks for the late advice regarding Hornady ammo. Being a first time African hunter at the time, I didn't realize that I shouldn't use Hornady ammo on dangerous game. I took my lion (.375 H&H DGX), buffalo (.375 H&H DGX), and elephant (.416 Rigby DGS) with Hornady ammo. Dropped them like a bad habit. One kill shot plus one insurance shot. Shot placement is the latest rage these days. Y'all should give it a try. Just say'n. Please carry on gentlemen. coffee

Shot placement means nothing when the round doesn’t fire. Shot placement means nothing when the primers fall out. Shot placement means nothing when the rims are out of tolerance and the gun either won’t close or fire. Please note that this is different than the failure to fire above. As far as the projectile failing, it has not happened to me personally although I know some that it has happened to. Your thoughts about this is a little like saying that you drove drunk a few times and got home without getting hurt or arrested. What’s the problem? Tempting fate there brother, tempting fate.

How many years ago were these incidents, Larry?

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that was 2015 and 2016.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
I like several of Boddington's books and enjoy reading his current articles in Petersons Hunting. One thing about the guy is that he has self-discipline when it comes to writing.

I do not know what it is with Outdoor Writers but most of the famous ones tend to have somewhat of a reputation. Robert Ruark was a Bootlegger and Card Hustler in his early twenties. He was a terrible alcoholic and actually drank himself to death at 49.

Hemingway cheated on his taxes and was under suspicion from the FBI for his actions in Cuba. He was also an extremely mean alcoholic and he had four different wives. No one is perfect!

Outdoor writers of the past had it so good without the Internet.

Most lied through their noses, and there was no one to tell them otherwise.

Many famous ones went on hunts for free so they can write about it and generate more business.

Nothing has changed really.

If you are paid to plug a product or service, what you say should be scrutinized.

Sadly, American hunting shows have gone to extreme.

How often do you see a show being sponsored by one company blanking anything shown that is not theirs?

Only thing this does is draw attention to what they are blocking!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68609 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Everything written here aside...... I believe that Craig will be the LAST great firearms/hunting/ballistics writer. Like him or hate him or inbetween..he has done it all or close to it and there is NO ONE coming along behind him. Aside from that there are a bunch that are close to the same age category and then it ends there...close but no cigar would be the rest.

But I could be wrong.....

Lets see if I am wrong!?

Time will tell...LOL

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1840 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder, which I have brought up this concept before do writers and booking agents that receive these hunts and gun or equipment gifts in payment for the story report this as income with the IRS? Seems to me with some of these hunts that are extremely expensive $20,000-$30,000- $40,000 dollars and more there is real value there and a normal business being paid in dollars would have to pay taxes on this income. And with multiple hunts in a year possibly exceeding $150,00-$200,000 that could be a substantial amount.

Really though it is none of my business but I have to pay my taxes each year before I can go on a hunt with the left over dollars. I think I suspect but don't know for sure but some writers and maybe booking agents as well probably gleefully skip thru this requirement of reporting income that I and many others have to live by as it is a form of payment.

Maybe I am wrong, if not I am jealous if someone gets to hunt all over the world and have hunts given to them as payment for the short little article that is written and not have to pay taxes on this smooth business maneuver.

Posts: 195 | Location: Douglas, Wyoming | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skyline:
Everything written here aside...... I believe that Craig will be the LAST great firearms/hunting/ballistics writer. Like him or hate him or inbetween..he has done it all or close to it and there is NO ONE coming along behind him. Aside from that there are a bunch that are close to the same age category and then it ends there...close but no cigar would be the rest.

Lets see if I am wrong!?

I doubt you are wrong, but CB writes fluff, never any meat. Mostly just platitudes for whatever he is reviewing or wherever he is going. I have read nearly all of his books. The only truly good one was Safari Rifles. His DVD's were good but blatant advertising for Dakota, Swarovski, Swift and Chifuti (Boddington on Buffalo).

He has great experience, but dances the fine line to avoid saying anything controversial. His writing skills are good - he gets his point across in his allotted 3000 words, but he says the same things over and over.

When I "discovered" him, I thought he was a rock star. But the more I dug into him and his words, I became less enamoured. The Punki incident, Rigby in California situation, bankruptcy, stalking the Weatherby award, 3 ex's and on and on. Too much baggage for me.

Compare him to Peter Flack and you will see a writer verses a real writer.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

Lets see if I am wrong!?

I doubt you are wrong, but CB writes fluff, never any meat. Mostly just platitudes for whatever he is reviewing or wherever he is going. I have read nearly all of his books. The only truly good one was Safari Rifles. His DVD's were good but blatant advertising for Dakota, Swarovski, Swift and Chifuti (Boddington on Buffalo).

He has great experience, but dances the fine line to avoid saying anything controversial. His writing skills are good - he gets his point across in his allotted 3000 words, but he says the same things over and over.

When I "discovered" him, I thought he was a rock star. But the more I dug into him and his words, I became less enamoured. The Punki incident, Rigby in California situation, bankruptcy, stalking the Weatherby award, 3 ex's and on and on. Too much baggage for me.

Dogcat I see you Bring up the "punki incident" first - please explain what Craig did wrong with Punki ? He had zero and I mean 0 to do with Punkis accident. All he did was contribute with money for he´s recovery!

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
quote:

Lets see if I am wrong!?

Dogcat I see you Bring up the "punki incident" first - please explain what Craig did wrong with Punki ? He had zero and I mean 0 to do with Punkis accident. All he did was contribute with money for he´s recovery!

He stepped up to the plate to help his daughter who did bear some responsibility as I recall. I agree, it is hard to blame him for that one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Like I said before, I am no Boddington fan - way too many issues, but I don't hold him responsible for the Punki incident. His daughter, yes, but he is not responsible for his adult daughter's actions any more than if she killed someone while DUI.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Keeler:
I wonder, which I have brought up this concept before do writers and booking agents that receive these hunts and gun or equipment gifts in payment for the story report this as income with the IRS? Seems to me with some of these hunts that are extremely expensive $20,000-$30,000- $40,000 dollars and more there is real value there and a normal business being paid in dollars would have to pay taxes on this income. And with multiple hunts in a year possibly exceeding $150,00-$200,000 that could be a substantial amount.

Really though it is none of my business but I have to pay my taxes each year before I can go on a hunt with the left over dollars. I think I suspect but don't know for sure but some writers and maybe booking agents as well probably gleefully skip thru this requirement of reporting income that I and many others have to live by as it is a form of payment.

Maybe I am wrong, if not I am jealous if someone gets to hunt all over the world and have hunts given to them as payment for the short little article that is written and not have to pay taxes on this smooth business maneuver.

Bob....you seem like a nice guy. Smiler

Outdoor writers in the US do in fact write off a ton of stuff. Well okay, maybe I should day a bunch of stuff. There is a big difference between guys writing stuff off and getting paid to promote, on staff.

I have been writing for a long time, about 40 years. The number of people who climb the ranks of writing to earn an actual income that needs to be recorded and tracked as serious income are few.

Also......in my view Craig earns every damn dollar dealing with people at the shows and talks. I know the money seems great but really???

If Craig has what he wants now, with the marketing stuff, well so be it. Do I care personally? No.

Get a life people. Get a life!

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1840 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:

Also......in my view Craig earns every damn dollar dealing with people at the shows and talks. I know the money seems great but really???

Skyline,

You call that tough duty?? Signing books for fans at shows??? Giving talks about you hunting experiences??? If you call that tough duty, I hate to see what you call jobs out in the business world.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lets see if I am wrong!?

+1 too much baggage,.....Don't forget about the frocking.

I liked his first book when I read it. I was preparing for my first African hunt and it seemed more "real world" to me than the Capstick books I had previously read. After that first book, it seemed to me that a lot of what he wrote was just reruns from magazine articles or previous books.

It has probably been 8 or 10 years (maybe longer) since I've bought any of books or videos. I can't remember the last time I read one of his magazine articles. Does he still write for Peterson's Hunting??

Go Duke!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My GOD. Now we have to read attacks on the professional success and the alleged moral aspects of the man's daughter? What, in the world, does she have to do with any of this? Really? This is beyond the pale.

Shame on you, Sir. Shame on you.

How pathetic. How absolutely pathetic.

This thread needs to be shut down.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have met quite a few people who are writers or hunting celebrities.

A friend of mine Hauke Braun (Max Hunt is his company name), here in Europe basically told me with YouTube and the age of the internet sensation the days of just a couple of people like Jim Shockey and Boddington are pretty much over.

He is not the first one I have heard say that.

The sponsorship money that drives it is thin, companies like Kuiu have gone to a no-sponshorship model of individual pro staff hunters.

If you got here 5 years ago, or are just getting here you better have a way of driving income beyond this model.

Hauke told me that multiple times he would do an entire YouTube show, or series of magazine articles for a magazine and then have the company claim they didn't have any money.

A British hunting personality claimed that he and Hauke were in business together and got a $30,000 payment from Realtree for work he didn't do.

It is a crooked and not well managed group of scheisters that are involved in it.

I have written articles for an online hunting research company and never been paid. Even though that was the original deal.

One of my favorite websites is www.panhandleprecision.com, this guy is doing it because he loves it. That is one darling of the information age, people are doing it because they love it, now more than ever before.

Brittany is a beautiful woman, I think she saw dollar signs in what her dad did and was brought in to carry on the lineage. There are lots of people like that in the hunting industry that their fathers and probably grandfathers were hunting writers.

I have not talked to her in 10 years, but I think she would do well at anything. She struck me as the kind of person that is likeable and approachable no matter how beautiful she is.

Craig has carried a torch that Peter Capstick lit in the 1980's of African hunting and international travel for hunting like no one else in the hunting world. He has made it interesting, and probably promulgated the increase of international hunting in the United States and abroad more than anyone. Even PHC, Ruark and Hemmingway have not spurred the interest in foreign hunting travel to the same extent. What's more, is he did it during the information age.

I might do the course online later this year, I am busy with grad school right now, work and our 4 daughters. The only book of his I didn't care for was the Boone and Crocket book he did.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
My GOD. Now we have to read attacks on the professional success and the alleged moral aspects of the man's daughter? What, in the world, does she have to do with any of this? Really? This is beyond the pale.

Shame on you, Sir. Shame on you.

How pathetic. How absolutely pathetic.

This thread needs to be shut down.

Shame on who?

The person who reports what he has heard, or the person who has actually been involved in all this?

You cannot have it both ways.

Put yourself in the public eye making money in whatever manner you can, and don't expect anonymity.

"Sponsorship" is nothing but outright adverts.

And I for one take anything like that with a very large dose of salt.

Posts: 68609 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shame on who? ...asks a member of a royal family from a culture that treats women like chattel.

There is nothing in this thread remotely connected to CB's daughter. Nothing. To invoke her and to make insinuations about her moral character goes well beyond the scope of this thread.

You have missed the point completely.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you for real Dogcat?

Ah yes..Those poor little innocent church boy PH’s all alone with just the wilderness and their vows of chastity. Along comes a predatory woman and they have no one to protect them from the evil desires of a sex craved young woman. I feel so sorry for those innocent children of the wild....

GMAFB!!! Roll Eyes

That has to be one of the most ridiculous and stupid thing I’ve read on AR. Stupid on so many levels.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shame on who?

The person who reports what he has heard, or the person who has actually been involved in all this?
You cannot have it both ways.

Gee, Saeed, for years the readership of AR have read 1000 of your poison anti MS posts; many of which begin with, "I heard..." And, as you pointed out one has to see it or hear it--not both ways. You hear things and repeat them as fact to justify your vile hatred of the man the same as you do on the political forum and your hatred of America and Trump.
When one follows your posts, as I have, and cuts and pastes them in a folder, both of your faces become quite visible.
Cheers and maybe we will see eachother in the summer when I pass through Dubai.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
Shame on who? ...asks a member of a royal family from a culture that treats women like chattel.

There is nothing in this thread remotely connected to CB's daughter. Nothing. To invoke her and to make insinuations about her moral character goes well beyond the scope of this thread.

You have missed the point completely.

There we go again.

Someone showing his total ignorance of the world outside beyond the boundaries of his close mind rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I consider much of the criticism on here concerning Craig Boddington is unfounded in reality.

He has done great things for all classes of hunting, shooting and the firearms industry in general by bringing his knowledge to a very wide public audience. Just look at the scale of his magazine articles, books and of later years the DVD's.

All this has helped to educate and inform both the young and old who are interested in firearms and shooting and broaden their experiences and knowledge, which is all to the good.

There are very many very experienced hunters and shooters on AR with just as much to offer our community as Craig but it seems they have shown neither the inclination or aptitude to create such comparable works.

The idea of a course for those wishing to hunt Africa or anywhere else is a good idea, especially for those who are novice hunters or shooters, nobody becomes an expert African hunter instantly just because they pick up a firearm, like everything else in life it has to be learned just like abc etc. at school.

Craig should be left, without criticism, to pursue whatever he likes in order to impart his knowledge of hunting and shooting to as many people as he can for now.

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
My cousin stepped in front of my son when he was getting ready to shoot a bear in 2016. Words do not describe how tragic this could of been. Accidents can happen to anyone when you are hunting. Talking negative about his child due to an unfortunate event is unnecessary.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

Craig has carried a torch that Peter Capstick lit in the 1980's of African hunting and international travel for hunting like no one else in the hunting world. He has made it interesting, and probably promulgated the increase of international hunting in the United States and abroad more than anyone. Even PHC, Ruark and Hemmingway have not spurred the interest in foreign hunting travel to the same extent. What's more, is he did it during the information age.

Times have changed. I don't think Boddington or any outdoor writer has carried torch for African Hunting in the past 15 years or so. I think the heavy lifting on the torch has been done by television and Youtube shows. Quality programs like Track Across Africa, Under Wild Skies, World of Sports Afield and Carter's WAR have done more to get people excited about hunting in Africa than all the books and magazines. My son watches a lot hunting and fishing shows on YouTube. I was surprised at the quality of some of the YouTube shows, especially the fishing shows.

For my own case, I had read books on elephant hunting, but had never really considered an elephant hunt. Then after seeing some great elephant hunts on TV, I booked my first elephant hunt.

The shows in Botswana with Johan Calitz and Jeff Rann where they were hunting huge body elephants at close range were awesome to watch. That did more to get me excited about hunting in Africa than any magazine.

Go Duke!!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Well, it has become obvious to me that if you want to generate a 4+ page topic here, put the names Capstick, Sullivan or Boddington in the title.... popcorn

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13388 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Well, it has become obvious to me that if you want to generate a 4+ page topic here, put the names Capstick, Sullivan or Boddington in the title.... popcorn

Yeah Capstick is probably a minimum of 10 pages,and MS will probably get to at least 15 pages. This one likely has another 3 or 4 pages of life.

Go Duke!!

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

I think it would be interesting if those of us who have spent our lifetimes as full-time writers, editors, authors, publishers and videomakers as well as in other aspects of the hunting communications industry had a place on AR where we could rank and criticize those who work in other professions.

To level the playing field, we'd need a rule that we could not post if we had even a smattering of knowledge about what is needed to survive and succeed in the professions we choose to attack that day.

Big Grin

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have come up with the perfect topic for CB to write about. It is guaranteed to generate many pages here on AR. I think CB should write a two volume set as follows:

Volume 1- Biography of Mark Sullivan
Volume2- How to Hunt Like Mark Sullivan

sofa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by surestrike:
Are you for real Dogcat?

Ah yes..Those poor little innocent church boy PH’s all alone with just the wilderness and their vows of chastity. Along comes a predatory woman and they have no one to protect them from the evil desires of a sex craved young woman. I feel so sorry for those innocent children of the wild....

rotflmo tu2

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have come up with the perfect topic for CB to write about. It is guaranteed to generate many pages here on AR. I think CB should write a two volume set as follows:

Volume 1- Biography of Mark Sullivan
Volume2- How to Hunt Like Mark Sullivan

sofa

And how to bullshit like Capstick!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AB109:
Are you for real Dogcat?

rotflmo tu2

All I want to know is where do I sign up for the job.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:
Saeed:

I think it would be interesting if those of us who have spent our lifetimes as full-time writers, editors, authors, publishers and videomakers as well as in other aspects of the hunting communications industry had a place on AR where we could rank and criticize those who work in other professions.

To level the playing field, we'd need a rule that we could not post if we had even a smattering of knowledge about what is needed to survive and succeed in the professions we choose to attack that day.

Big Grin

Bill Quimby

Bill:

There are certain writers who I have never seen criticized in any way, shape or form. John Wootters comes to mind, for example. I don't know if I have ever seen anyone speak negatively about Jim Carmichel. Jim Shockey is another. You fit into that category.

But even the best writers have been criticized by their peers...Gary Sitton, for example, has had plenty of ink spilled about his bouts with depression. Many have written about how badly Elmer Keith wrote. And many have also mentioned O'Connor's problems with alcohol. But I guess those in the profession wait until they are dead.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Saeed:

Big Grin

Bill Quimby

Bill:

There are certain writers who I have never seen criticized in any way, shape or form. John Wootters comes to mind, for example. I don't know if I have ever seen anyone speak negatively about Jim Carmichel. Jim Shockey is another. You fit into that category.

But even the best writers have been criticized by their peers...Gary Sitton, for example, has had plenty of ink spilled about his bouts with depression. Many have written about how badly Elmer Keith wrote. And many have also mentioned O'Connor's problems with alcohol. But I guess those in the profession wait until they are dead.

Didn't Hemingway and Capstick have a love afair with alcohol, too?
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by AB109:
Are you for real Dogcat?

rotflmo tu2

All I want to know is where do I sign up for the job.....

What's the damn big deal about that anyways,she can do whatever she wants,there is absolutely nothing wrong with it,it's her decision & her's alone,nobody's business,I think it was sour grapes for those PH's,anybody that would listen to this type of talk around a campfire in a hunting camp & posts it here needs to go to confession Big Grin

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
For give me, Father, for I have sinned- at least, like Jimmy Carter, in my mind.... rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed:

Big Grin

Bill Quimby

Bill,

We have over a 100 forums, covering practically all aspects of hunting and shooting.

So if you feel inclined to participate on any of them, and state your own opinion, please go ahead.

An open public forum, by definition, is open to all members to post whatever they wish.

Take the subject at hand on this thread.

A website was set up to drum up business, its purpose is for maximum exposure, hopefully many people will decide to join this course.

Nothing is wrong with that by itself.

But one cannot stop people who visit the site to form an opinion, and voice these opinions, whether they are positive or negative.

Years ago I used to shoot at the Houston Gun Club.

They used to get someone from Holland and Holland to run a course on how to shoot.

Personally, I thought it was all a load of bullshit, people joined in because of the name Holland and Holland.

There was an old gentleman there giving shooting lessons, who did a much better job.

I suspect the same case here.

Boddignton being a known person, he is taking advantage of that.

I understand there are some shooting schools that offer course on hunting.

I bet people will get a lot more benefit from those than attending this course.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy reading Boddington and watching his videos.He has been on many hunts and during a period when hunting was most extraordinary .You can learn things about African hunting from his books that you will never hear about on AR.On the subject of his personal life I believe that no ones life is without fault.There is good and bad amongst all.I do think that who you hang out with and what you do say a lot about you.For example people who get divorced are not the most family oriented people etc...

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, the company that produces these videos is only a couple blocks from DSC headquarters.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Saeed:

Big Grin

Bill Quimby

Bill:

Didn't Hemingway and Capstick have a love afair with alcohol, too?
Cal

Gentlemen, as long as the writing is good who are we to worry about how much the author drinks, or who he/she beds with?

The key with this whole thing here is if you don't like some writing or did't agree with a life style then simply do not buy their product!

I'm quite sure most here have things in their background that they would not want pasted on AR, but that is their business, not mine or anyone else's here. This place is like an old ladies gossip fest!

................................................................... killpc

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote