New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to post pictures with imgur.com Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted
I made a 7-minute video tutorial on how to use the image hosting service imgur.com to post photos on the AR forums. It's a bit on the quick-and-dirty side, but it might help.

Anyways, the video is here:
Using imgur.com with the AR forums

Sample photos taken at the Woolaroc Ranch in 2013:

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for doing this.

Posts: 10079 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. Very helpful.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11005 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Hannay!

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am struggling with IMGUR. How much can you download at a time? I am able to do about 4 pictures at a time?

Posts: 10079 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
Dogcat,
I haven't found a limit yet. But I've only uploaded about a dozen at a time. When I try uploading a bunch at once using drag and drop, I see two status indicators (circled in red):

The green bar advances from left-to-right BUT after it finishes one of the files, it can jump back to the left. (I guess it shows progress of the remaining files.)

The number of images it is currently uploading is shown on the right hand side, and I can watch the number decrease as it finishes uploading the individual files.

In the video, I was using a very high speed connection; but I've just uploaded a dozen photos on a slow DSL line. It worked OK.

What happens when you try to upload more than 4? Does it upload some and then fail?

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With more than 4 it locks up. I am using a wifi high speed connection. Will keep trying.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this,very helpfuljc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
Glad it helped. I just posted some more instructions on the Africa Big Game Hunting forum; I repeat them here:

larryshores mentioned he had problems resizing the photos (perhaps because he is trying to do it from his phone? I couldn't find a way to resize from the Android app); jdollar is having problems getting the BBcode to appear as an image.

You can see your photos in imgur.com from your gallery (where all your photos are shown) or from an album (if you are organizing your photos in albums). Depending on which way you get to your photo, the approach for controlling the size and getting the link is slightly different. So here is an explanation for doing this from a web browser; I'm using Firefox on a PC; maybe I'll record another video later. You'll want to choose either Step 1 (From the album) or Step 2 (From all your images), then Step 3.

Step 1. From the album

When you hover your mouse over the picture, a few buttons appear in the upper right hand corner of the image. Press the circled one:

If you haven't already resized your photos, choose "Edit Image"; your image will appear inside a window with several editing options; it comes up with Crop / Resize selected. In the upper right hand corner, you will see the size of the photo (circled) given as width x height in pixels:

IMO, somewhere between 1024 and 1280 is about right. If you just set the width and leave the "lock proportions" box checked, it will calculate the height. I believe the problem that has been mentioned with sizing is that if the original photo comes straight from a modern digital camera, the size may be over 4000 pixels wide.

Then,Save the resized image, and you will return to the photo; press the down arrow again, and choose " Get Share Links":

The press the Copy button next to BBCode (Forums)

Skip to Step 3.

2. From the Gallery

If you just choose images from the main menu (under your user name) you'll see all your photos as small thumbnails. Just click on the one you want to upload, or click on any photo, and scroll through the images individually. When you get to the one you want to post, it will appear like so:

You need to do two things:
a. Choose the size in the lower right hand corner. I suggest either Large Thumbnail.
or Huge Thumbnail
b. Click the Copy button next under "BBCode (Message Boards & Forums)"

Go to Step 3.

3. Paste into your forum post

Whichever step above you've followed, you should end up with the BBCode in your paste buffer. So, all you need to do is paste it into the edit window with Control-V:

Don't use the image button that I x'ed out.

-----------

I hope this helps.

posted Hide Post
This was a great help! Thank you!

Posts: 15 | Location: Arizona and Sonora | Registered: 23 September 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not allow images from one's computer instead of requiring a third party site?

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted Hide Post

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Test

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
How can u restore my old photos

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
Juan,
If you're asking about making photos originally posted on AR via Photobucket visible again, it's tedious or expensive. Options are:
1. You can pay Photobucket $400/year and they will turn 3rd-party hosting on for your account.
2. If you're using Firefox, you can add an add-on called "photobucket embed fix" (The current version is 0.0.2 and it is by "Foldor") This will make some but not all pictures posted to AR via photobucket visible on your computer. This only helps you see the photos. There is also a similar extension for Google Chrome.
3. You can create an account on imgur and upload the photos there, then follow the steps described above. If you have more than a few photos, I would recommend creating an imgur account. Then, the tedious parts are:
a. Finding the original photos and/or downloading them from Photobucket to your computer.
b. Uploading the photos to imgur. (If you have a very high-speed internet connection, that will help.)
c. Editing your old posts and replacing the links to Photobucket with new links to each photo on imgur.

There is no automated way to do this, as far as I know.

I hope this helps,
Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1607 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to post a video from Imgur... I have the video uploaded when I click on the BBCode (message boards and forums) and paste I get the image above
any help would be appreciated

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
I think the short answer to this is that once you've uploaded the video , you copy the URL, and in your AR post editing window, choose the URL option - paste the URL into the URL box and a name into the other box. I'll make a short tutorial, but I will use YouTube to upload it rather than imgur.

My imgur video

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
imgur video
[img]http://i.imgur.com/v7PCdEa.mp4"> [/IMG]

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
some success using the image link

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Test

Posts: 88 | Location: PNW | Registered: 07 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Blah

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
Test

Text

Text

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Another free hosting site is postimages.org.

After uploading your pix, to share, click the "share" button and copy the "hot links to forum" url and paste in your post.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 141 | Location: Pennsylvania  | Registered: 18 July 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Test

TEST

Posts: 141 | Location: Pennsylvania  | Registered: 18 July 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice kudu

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to make the video. First time that I could succeed after the Photobucket circus.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1355 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
test

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1054 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
test 2 IMGUR

L to r .243 Win .25/.284 6.5-06 AI 6.5-06 AI empty case 6.5-06 129 Hornady Interlock moly coated.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1054 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote