Tools

Would you shoot a jaguar ??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
I agree with you, at the end of the day the important thing is the challenge of the hunt and not just shooting something. Honestly I don't know how I will react but all my life I said I will never shhot a puma and the first one that I saw BANG !! Roll Eyes

I thought I was going to feel upset but no, I was very happy with my trophy, I would shoot another one ?? I don't know, probably yes given the chance but I will not "hunt" for one.

But I will love to hunt a leopard, much more than a lion, don't know why.

Returning to the jaguar, what more surprise me is the total misinformation some people have, including here, a hunting forum, about the real numbers of these cats. Some people here don't have problem in shooting an african lion wich I am sure there are MUCH less left than jaguars.

The greenies has suceed in South America and everyone believes what they say. Can someone really know how much cats or any other animal lives in the southamerican jungles ?? give me a break !! A new tribe, yes, a new group of human beings have been discovered this year (2008)and when the plane got near to take pictures they attack it with bows and arrows !!!

Don't believe what PETA or greenies say about game population in South America, I have first hand information, and is that farmers are surprised of the increasing numer of jaguars in their properties.

L

We never know how we will react until we are there, my friend ... it is easy to say something at certain objective distance, but what will we actually do, when the adrenaline rushes, our dreams come true (at least the main character of those dreams) and we are in the place, time and conditions that we know might be taken place once in our lifes? Wink

In fact, sometimes we are so overwhelmed by those feelings that we barely give ourselves the possibility of enjoying that very minute when the result of the hunt is decided, rushed by the feeling of seizing the prey...

What I have learnt after all these years is that hunting is something that has to be enjoyed before, during and after it takes place !

And perhaps all these increasing numbers of jaguars we are all noticing might Roll Eyes make government authorities decide to apply a proper management attitude killpc

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I have just saw the pic Steve posted about the jaguar that was caught and taken to the zoo...

Honestly, the greenis don't allow to hunt them but they don't have problem putting them in a cage like that...very sad ending to such a magnificent animal.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the intensity of life that a big male jaguar experiences .....and then to be put in a damn cage ..... Frowner Beyond cruel ....

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are LOTS of jaguars and it's a crying shame we can't legally hunt them. The money that legalized sport hunting would generate would guarantee their survival.
As it is, a lot of them are shot and left as vermin throughout Central and South America.
Would I shoot one? Probably not since I couldn't bring it home. But then again, it's more about the hunt than the trophy. And I'd feel absolutely no guilt about hurting the population.

Posts: 207 | Location: Florida | Registered: 28 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SHOOT. I live in mexico and the import etc. can always be arranged, it would make a magnificent mount....

i was visiting with a friend 2 days ago and he has something like 15 mounted plus he said he had about another 10 skins....... they were beautifull

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not under current laws. Saying that, I agree that a lot can be done to increase El Tigre numbers by allowing some trophy hunting. Just as hunting has increased leopard and rhino numbers in Africa I believe the same would work in SA for jaguar. A couple of weeks ago there was a news paper aricle saying that wildlife authorities had photographed a jaguar in southern Arizona.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Yes. knife

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
If it were legal game where I was hunting : yes.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, if I could bring one home. I want to dart one but have yet to find the right connection to do that? Anyone know?

Posts: 633 | Location: California | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wade Derby:
Without a doubt, if I could bring one home. I want to dart one but have yet to find the right connection to do that? Anyone know?

Dart one? lol bewildered animal

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wade Derby:

this guy would be your best bet:
http://www.zoominfo.com/people...Rocky_268163154.aspx

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve, thank you for the lead. Wade

Posts: 633 | Location: California | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I like to hunt CATS, the bigger the better.And a JAGUAR is a big cat.

Matts

Posts: 147 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 23 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every year the offer "DART" hunts on European Conventions. For US$ 10000 Start price... what ever this mean Wink

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas