Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range Windage Confidence
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry Gibson:

Your comments about different shooting position, reasonable weight rifles, etc. does resonate with me. Show me a guy who can shoot sitting with a sling with a normal weight hunting rifle out to 500 yards, and I will show you a guy with a more impressive trophy room than a guy shooting a 10 lbs rifle who can only shoot prone at long range.

An interesting debate would be the optimum rifle weight as well as balance of shooting skill at various positions, etc.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After it happened I posted it because I knew you'd be interested in it. I've seen you discuss it before.

I think what is disconcerting about a wind like that is that a tiny slight shift in its direction results in having to put your aimpoint on the other side of the target.

That slight shift is very difficult to perceive.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tactical/Precision Rifle Challenge .

Steel safari which is like the Sporting Rifle Match except you have to find and range the targets

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe we could do the same with the Long Range guys here and have a long range hunt up there especially if the tags are easy to get.

Thoughts?

For a couple 3 guys, it's usually not too bad to pick up a few tags. For a whole forum? Might be a little more difficult, Lets see what the tag quota's look like, then go from there.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the looks of it, "a couple a three" IS the whole forum!

rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since January 8 1998 you are visitor #:

I think there are a couple more people on the forum!

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm sure Wyoming has enough tags Big Grin