New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long range shooting made easy.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I shot a gun today in a 300 win mag. It tactical platform with an integrated shooting system. I was one of 10 civilians to see it for the first time. I have shot a lot of rifles, nothing at a target over 100 yards or an animal over 300 yards. It shot accurate from 0 - 1000 yards without touching the scope.

It is a computer sitting on top of a rifle. Image recognition, a tracking system, and it calculates the ballistics 60 times a second. If you have ever wanted to shoot long distance, or you are doing it now and want the latest technology available to the general public, and this sounds interesting, give me a call.

Allen - 512-657-1525

Posts: 39 | Location: Austin Texas | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very first post and you are trying to sell the latest and greatest. Spam, perhaps?

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure what to say. Usually, I would think that someone trying to spam people would not put their name and number. My buddy told me about this sight and this forum seemed like a great place to tell people about a truly unique weapon. I will make you a deal. Bring me someone who has not shot long range and I will have them hit a target at 1000 yards. If I am right, you buy it. If I am wrong, I will give it to you.

Posts: 39 | Location: Austin Texas | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a little explanation might be in order? "It shot accurate 0-1000 yards without toiuching the scope"? Why am I bothering with Farrell bases?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your very first post and you come in here trying to sell stuff. Could have been any number of widgets, and I would have had the same question.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pictures ,web site, more info needed.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I apologize but I haven't figured out how to post a video. You can look up Tracking Point but the website has restricted access. I would be happy to email a video.

amckee@pjs.com

512-657-1525 cell

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have 3 versions. .338 lapua tactical, .300 win mag tactical, .300 win mag hunting.

What makes it special - It is an integrated shooting system. The scope is computerized and calculates the ballistics including pressure, elevation, temperature, lead, and all other factors to bullet flight, exept wind, 60 times a second. You dial in your wind. It has tracking software that can track a target up to 15mph, image recognition software that is comparable to what a drone uses, and a laser tag system. All this fits very nicely on top of the gun, and looks sweet!

How it works - From 0 - 1000yds on the .300s and 1200yds on the .338, there is no manual adjustment other than cross wind. There is a digital display in the scope that tells what your cross wind is dialed to. You aim at your target, tag it with the laser and the crosshairs move before your eyes to adjust for 0. You squeeze the trigger and move the crosshairs back to your laser tag. The crosshairs flash red and with pressure on the trigger, the gun fires when the scope sees what it likes.

Example - At 250 yards with the 300 win mag. They hung three eggs, one painted yellow, one red, and the other left white. With the eggs still, he tagged the red one. They swung the eggs to cross each other and when the gun fired, the red egg blew up. If that aint cool, nothing is!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
exept wind

Wind is the hard one, the rest are all pretty straight forward.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why do I have the feeling that you have some financial interest in this system?

a. because I have seen enough dog & pony shows to be somewhat cynical.

b. because you have not discussed price, just asking for people to send you their E-mail addys.

c. the URL is "somewhat restricted".

d. all of the above

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
0 financial interest. you boys are tough. Smiler I just like guns. The guy that engineered this is a friend and he selected 10 guys that he knows and trusts to help him build the civilian market. the civilian market is where the gun will sell best. The govt has bought several of these systems and will buy plenty more.

Not all things to good to be true are just that. This is not one of them.

The guys that will buy this gun.

1. They guy that likes unique guns and wants something that no one else has

2. The guy who wants to shoot long distance and doesnt like to miss!

3. The hunter who is on a once of a lifetime hunt and doesnt want to pass up a opportunity because of distance. Before the ethics bash me. This is where I want one. I have always wanted to elk hunt but I have two problems. I worked in a feed mill for 10 years when I was young. I am 42 and have the lungs of a 65 year old smoker and there is no fix. Second, I have the worst feet you have ever seen. I walk a mile everyday and my feet hurt so bad I cant stand it.

I dont want to do a canned hunt. I want to get up in the mountains and hunt.

If anyone is interested, I will send you the pass code to get into the website. Forgive me for not just posting info like that for 10000 tire kickers to see.

5 years from now you boys are going to be sitting around and see this gun on tv. At that point it will be more money and dumbed down because the military has bought the technology we have now. Then you will say, that is what that moron was talking about. Wished I would have got in back then! To each his own and God Bless.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was quite intrigued with this as I am always interested in new innovations. I decided to check it out to see if this is fantasy or really something new. I did talk to Allen (Kanga69) and he is not some snake oil salesman.

He emailed me a video, which shows the rifle and Allen shooting it. The problem is that this is not a company promotional video. What you see is Allen shooting the 300 mag version and it is connected to what looks like an Apple ipad. The ipad shows the range, which was 1009 yds and the targets. I believe it also shows the wind. There may be more data.

I suggested that he get something from the company that gives more detail and explanation of the shooting system, but since he isn't part of the company, I don't know if he can do that. He also offered me access to the restricted site, but I declined and told him I would be careful who he gives that access to.

I don't know if I will ever buy one, but I will be following this because it is unique and nothing else like it exists. The rifle scope combination does everything for you except figure the wind. It is also my understanding that the target can be programmed into the system, so you don't shoot something other than the intended target.

I don't know what the cost is, but they do offer demo shoots for those who may want the latest thing out there.

The ammo is specially loaded by a well known ammo company and it is all part of the system which includes several hundred rounds. I don't remember exactly what he told me. I think one call to the ammo company could verify some of this if they would divulge, so I will call and check and report back.

Good luck Allen and correct me if I got the facts wrong.

Posts: 503 | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good and thank you for the call today. They chose to partner with Barnes for the ammo and they are loading the ammo specific to the system. 300 rounds of ammo come with the purchase, about $1000.00 worth. The target is automatically programmed due to the image recognition software. It acquires the image when it is tagged.

I truly understand the skepticism due to my lack of knowledge of long range shooting, the lack of available marketing material, and the newness. The gun was seen and shot by the first people in the general public a week ago. It has been about three years in development. I will be more knowledgeable after our demo shoot.

338 - Thanks again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What booth number do you have at the S.H.O.T. SHOW?
I will be there starting on Jan 14th.

Posts: 43 | Location: Chardon, Ohio | Registered: 18 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will try and find out. That is actually what I am trying to do here myself. If I sell more guns than my buddies, I get a trip to the shot show.