Find
Notify
Tools

Tiny
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your cat. I find my cats every bit the companion animal as I do my dogs.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
14 is a good go for a cat.
My cat "Bullet" is 22 but has kidney failure, so is on borrowed time now. All you can do is give them a good life and a dignified end.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Jetdrvr,

Sorry to hear about your cat, we lose a bit of ourselves when we lose a pet.

Since this thread started my wife found a ragged little 3/4 starved tortoise shell cat in the woods near her work place. It moved right in, ate everything in sight and now rules our home making it a better place. Big Grin

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I estimated he was around 18, and he had several problems that would not have improved. Bout killed me to take him on his last ride. I have a wonderful vet, Dr. Teri Harty, and she was very compassionate. That old guy was my best friend.

I have a tortoise shell, also. Someone threw her out in my yard a couple of years ago when she was a kitten. Beeing the soft touch that I am, I took her in. But she's quite aloof, maybe because she was the bottom of the pecking order, and it'll take a while before she becomes the "house cat."

If I weren't 66 going on 67, I'd go down to the pound and look for another grey cat or kitten. I have a rescued poodle, not my choice of breeds, but took her in when I lived in Miami after a friend on the fire department brought her to me to nurse back to health after some serious abuse.

But Old Grey dominated the place and he will be missed for a very long time.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I was raised up having pet dogs, but after Lora and I married we started keeping cats, or I should say having cats allow us to wait on them.

One thing that half way surprises me, is how many men hate cats and think dogs are the ultimate pet, when a dog is a slave.

I hear men talk about how independent dogs are, dogs are the biggest co-dependent creature on earth.

We have cats that wlk on a leash and enjoy riding in the pick up, or on the hood of the pick up and one that even will ride on top of the cab of the pick up if given the opportunity.

We had one cat that finally passed away, that would go to the deer stand with us, and actually stand on my knees and look out the window as if he were watching for game.

Jetdrvr, you have mine and Lora's condolences on the loss of your friend.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Why am I not surprised?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Recent pic

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BIG1LOST
posted Hide Post
ConfusedSTEVE,,,what is you cat doing on my table and chairs??!!Seriously,,,cats on my table or other furniture become fastballs!!
If God hadn't wanted cats killed,he wouldn't have made them so killable!!BUT,,,they do make good lawn-dart stops!!! dancing

a good horse,a churchill sized Maduro,a true rifle,and 50 year old brandy..................

Posts: 87 | Location: Louisiana,but want to be back home in the Rockies..... | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
BigLost, you must be from Butte rotflmo

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BIG1LOST
posted Hide Post
CoolHEY DEMPS!!,,Mcqueen,,before it became a section of Butte,,but thats been a long time ago,,,and hey,, lots of us (WE) Butteites love cats.........THE OTHER,OTHER WHITE MEAT!!!!! beer

P.S. any idea how much snowpack the Pintler area got this past winter??

a good horse,a churchill sized Maduro,a true rifle,and 50 year old brandy..................

Posts: 87 | Location: Louisiana,but want to be back home in the Rockies..... | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Not specifically, but state wide averages are good. Don't worry about Buttes water though, you know the old saying flush twice Butte needs the water. fishing Actually that little toxic stream that runs through town actually has fish in it now. Appearently the super fund is working.

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Steve,

How's Tiny doin' ?

I'm going to put a pro-cat thread on the top everytime someone posts an "I'm a bad ass because I kilt a wittle kitty" thread.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post

Steve
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
posted Hide Post
that cat an't normal I know Little Bastard tried to walk on me one day shocker and I love cats( as targets) hahahahahaha thats on cat with lots of personality. jumping.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Typical teenager, you give them a good upbringing and they still end up out half the night and sleeping all day.

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
LOL, He's hunting birds from a blind!
Little fellow grew up quick and smart. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Looks like a baiting station to me. Wink lol

Great picture, Steve.

Mary

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
Old Tim Allen joke-whats the difference between a bird feeder and a cat feeder?
A cat feeder is a bird feeder 6 inches off the ground.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Lol
beer

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Snow days

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Steve,

You might consider changing his name to "Jumbo".

He's sure grown into a healthy sized fellow. beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is Buddy, my faithful friend.

Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Rick, after several name changes, he is officially "Turbo" now.

Butch, Buddy really is a handsome orange-tiger stripe model. Betcha he really shines in sunlight.

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's my "Turbo" she was an orphan as well. She never grew very big but would fight ANYTHING. Every night at 8pm she'd be sitting on the corner of my driveway waiting for something to kick off. We lost her to a intestinal tumor when she was 10.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that is a pretty Kitty.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
SGraves155-

what breed is Turbo? My cat, Jinx, looks just like him, complete with the tiger stripes on the legs and the white boots and pink pads. Her brother, from the same litter, is completely black, except for a white spot on his neck. I've looked around and never been able to determine her breed. Just figured maybe you'd know.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably American Shorthair mostly.

But whatever, he's one smart breed, got himself a nice home, a pet dog and a couple of humans to look after him.

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
More recent.

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09