Find
Notify
Tools

Tiny
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted
Well, Usually I don't have much use for cats, but here's what my lady-friend found in the ditch last week while she was comin' out to visit one evenin'.

Dropper feedin' and heating-pad in-a-box rescue.

a week later, he's a meat eater.

He's only missed the litter-box once, although he still steps in it when he's done, so I'm pretty sure he's a Democat! Big Grin

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a cute kitty.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Good luck with the kitten. Cats do make fine pets. One of mine goes hunting and trapping with me. She is getting old now and doesn't go as often as she used to but she knows when she sees a gun it's hunting time. Up until this year she would even climb up the tree where my deer stand is and hang out with me.

Both of my cats (mother and daughter) will protect my chickens from feral cats. My older female will bat my big bulldog down in an instant with a fist but she really does like playing with the dogs.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
He's only missed the litter-box once, although he still steps in it when he's done, so I'm pretty sure he's a Democrat! Big Grin

LMAO

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a really cute little kitten. Raise a cat right and it will be an incredibly sweet pet.

NRA Life Member
testa virtus magna minimum

Posts: 345 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Well, Usually I don't have much use for cats, but here's what my lady-friend found in the ditch last week while she was comin' out to visit one evenin'.

Dropper feedin' and heating-pad in-a-box rescue.

a week later, he's a meat eater.

He's only missed the litter-box once, although he still steps in it when he's done, so I'm pretty sure he's a Democat! Big Grin

Looks like they're both keepers

Free speech has been executed on the altar of political correctness.

Posts: 100 | Location: Canada | Registered: 27 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
today's pict:

Steve
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shame you didn't find him a little sooner. Would have made good bass bait! fishing

Posts: 47 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Taken today. Good diet, growing well.

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
His name was gonna be Tiny Bastard, but he's growing so much, and stays playful all the time, so his moniker has become "Happy Jack".

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

one of us
posted Hide Post
There's not much better than helping another creature have a good life. Happy Jack will repay your kindness a thousandfold. thumb

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Cats are cool, they don't "train" like dogs but how you raise them determines their personality.

Romp with them, chase string, feathers and such and you'll have a companion for life.

The neighborhood dogs lived in fear of my last female cat and she would stand my Ex down and make her take a different route through the room sometimes as a dominance thing. Big Grin

I miss the cat.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That dappling on his side is very unique.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I have a Bengal with similar patterns. Play with the cat and it will repay you sevenfold. Mine greets me at the door each evening. I had one for fifteen years that growled if someone came to the door. With multiple prisons less than three miles away I like to know when someone approaches. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice kitten!

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I've had several cats that would be very protective of a sick family member. Each would be between their door and bed, or on a corner of the bed, and hiss at anyone not of the family.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
nothing will ever be safe

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had a big ol' half-feral Tom that adopted us. He would come up and butt his head, straight-on, into your leg and leave it there, like he was leaning on you. You would pet him once or twice and then he would walk a couple of steps away and hiss at the world at large, just like saying "Don't mess with me." We called him "Bob," short for "big ol' butthead." We were all pretty intimidated by him until one day Becky who was 10 or 12 at the time, walked right up to him and picked him up. After that, we knew he was bluffing.

Years later, we still had him when we adopted our son, Michael. Anytime Mikey cried, Bob would go running to his room to see what was wrong, yowling to make sure one of us was coming, too. You would be driving up the street and that cat would recognize the car and race you home. When he finally passed away, Mikey was heartbroken.

Posts: 284 | Location: Orange, CA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a window blow out during a windstorm a few weeks ago, and one of the cats scratched and meowed at the bedroom door until I came out and checked on the problem.

They are smart little critters.

NRA Life Member
testa virtus magna minimum

Posts: 345 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ours is past 25 now. A couple years back he was sick indeed, puking all over the basement. the vet gave us some expensive low protein food..."because he has kidney failure yuo know."

Well he really likes cooked hamburger and I decided since he was at the "end of the line" anyway I'd send him out in style with as much hamburger as he wanted. Wouldn't you know it, the puking stopped and he regained all his weight.

Hamburger is also much cheaper than canned food. I have fun telling the kids "we're having cat food for lunch" as I steal some for spagetti sauce. Some day they'll go to school and tell the teacher they eat cat food.

the chef

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
calgarychef1--25 years?!!
Tiny Bastard Jack will outlive me by a longshot!

The little bastard likes to chew on buttons, even when he knows he's gonna get whacked:

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Not so Tiny anymore! My favorite pictures are the Dec 3rd post, love the lighting.

Chef...all my cats had lived well into their 20's also. Hopefully the present 3 will too!

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Now 5 months old

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Were I not gone so much I would have another cat. Jessica's Boris got along great with the dogs, liked riding in the truck - on top of the dash - and when I would take the dogs out for a walk he would stalk along through he trees and very once in awhile charge out to attack. He was an inside/outside cat the net result of which were the "gifts" he would bring home. Live pack rats were greeted with joy by my Jack Russell who would quiclly put them out of their misery.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I rescued Old Grey Cat off the street in Ft. Lauderdale a few years back. He was abandoned as a kitten and had been fed regularly by the residents in the apartment I lived in. I got him when he fled to my door seeking refuge from one of those famous south Florida summer thunderstorms, running out from underneath a parked car. I let him in and now we are inseperable. He lets me think I'm the house Alpha male anytime I want to. He's a Russian Blue, one of the most intersting cats I've ever had.

People who have never lived with a sympatico cat have missed out on one of life's greatest experiences.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
I moved away fro mhome 2 months ago to work . And what a big transition away from the farm with 6 cats to a apartment without one .

And some weeks ago one of the kittens whoe were 9 months old was found dead on my room , probably from heart attack or sorrow that i wasnt there .

When i get a better place to live here that allowes for pets i want a cat .Its so cold and lonesome without one .

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Has it destroyed the curtains yet? Tore up the carpet on the stairs? Shit in the potted plants yet? Puked up hair balls all over the house yet?

That's what my wife's crat did all the friggin time.

We even returned from a long weekend and paid the neighbor little old lady to watch the crat, and the little SOB chewed each corner of the coffee table.

Best of luck with yours.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Nitro,

Was going to ask who peed in your cereal, but then I found this picture of your cat.... lol

Oh and....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
We even returned from a long weekend and paid the neighbor little old lady to watch the crat, and the little SOB chewed each corner of the coffee table.
QUOTE]

...that little old lady must have some sturdy choppers! Big Grin

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The little furry bastards just are.

And it's not a home without one!

Posts: 34 | Location: NH | Registered: 27 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
today

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

one of us
posted Hide Post
He looks like a good hunter. thumb

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a cutie!

Once upon a time my Mom and I raised Siamese ... have had walk-ons for the last 25 years or so. The most recent is a real sweet heart. He is a tabby with some white on his chest and paws. Thus the name "Socks."

He follows me around like a dog. He will sleep in the corner of the shop while I'm working. He cuddles up next to me on the couch. He enjoys riding on my shoulder as I walk the 50 yards back to the house from the shop. He likes to walk in the woods with me.

He sleeps on a pillow next to me. He puts his paws around my arm and snuggle his face into my palm and snoozes. All three of our cats have good personalities ... but Socks is kinda special.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is an alert looking cat. We are owned by two cats. One, the Queen, is an indoor Manx. She got her name Hurricane Katie the right way. The other is still outside until I get it to the vet. We call it Lola as we are not sure but think it is a female. It could be a boy but no round things are developing. Had several cats over the last 35 plus years. The Manx just jumped up between my computer and the screen. I must need some approval to stay on the 'puter. After approval she lays down and I can look over her. Packy

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Now 15 months old, fully grown.

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is a good looking cat!
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:
I rescued Old Grey Cat off the street in Ft. Lauderdale a few years back. He was abandoned as a kitten and had been fed regularly by the residents in the apartment I lived in. I got him when he fled to my door seeking refuge from one of those famous south Florida summer thunderstorms, running out from underneath a parked car. I let him in and now we are inseperable. He lets me think I'm the house Alpha male anytime I want to. He's a Russian Blue, one of the most intersting cats I've ever had.

People who have never lived with a sympatico cat have missed out on one of life's greatest experiences.

The blue cats seem to have a characteristic of bonding with only one person and ignoring the rest.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Life looks good Mr Graves. Packy

One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
quote:
The blue cats seem to have a characteristic of bonding with only one person and ignoring the rest.

I had a blue Burmese/feral cross for 14 years & he wouldn't acknowledge anyone else - used to take him across the fields on rabbiting forays & he killed them at the run.
Weighed 19lbs & all muscle.
My current two are 18 & 17, with the older one not long for this world. Frowner

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:

He was quite friendly, particularly to the ladies. I say "was", because I had to put him down today. He had run out his time and was showing some serious symptoms of aging. He was a real character and a very loving cat. Best cat I've had in thirty five years. The house is empty without him pawing my leg to be petted while I sit here at my desk. He was a truly special cat. Old Grey, RIP.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote