THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Even if I could afford these I don't think I could use them in the bush.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Even if I could afford these I don't think I could use them in the bush.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I just did a search and see that the field grade was available a few years back at a higher price.I understand that you have the field grade model and not the PH model.I remember seeing those pics back then.That said I still find mine more refined especially on stock shape and overall more looking like the classic lines of vintage doubles..

Shootacow: If Cal's vintage doubles are crap, then why is it the standard that you compare yours to?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Mates:
From reading this it looks like I have saved a lot of headaches and arguments by buying only vintage English. They don't break down, only increase in value over time, and the wood to metal fit and finish is perfect.
But, that's just me.
I'm not Shootaway and never have been. (Except a the last AR dinner in Dallas. My name tag read "Shootaway" and I nearly got the shit kicked out me!
Cal

Cal,you can never be shootaway he is one of a kind.Dont feel bad because of this.It is true however that those who shake his hand get his disease! rotflmo

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
By Shootacow: "... those who shake his hand get his disease!"

I believe that to be true...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDA-CO:
quote:
I just did a search and see that the field grade was available a few years back at a higher price.I understand that you have the field grade model and not the PH model.I remember seeing those pics back then.That said I still find mine more refined especially on stock shape and overall more looking like the classic lines of vintage doubles..

Shootacow: If Cal's vintage doubles are crap, then why is it the standard that you compare yours to?

crap because they are too old to work well-like an old man

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Shootacow: I think that's Cal's point - They don't really ever need to be worked on...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,
I understood your post was not directed at me. I'd just wanted to emphasize that these rifles were not represented to be the PH model, they were to be a good buy on an entry level "working rifle" and not a piece of art. I'm happy with mine and you are correct, it shoots better than I do with it.
No harm, no foul! wave

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shootacow: I think that's Cal's point - They don't really ever need to be worked on...

that is because they have never been used-Have you ever worked a rifle?-it will be reduced to rattling crap in just a years time(so will you)-a big bore that is.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Snowwolfe,
I understood your post was not directed at me. I'd just wanted to emphasize that these rifles were not represented to be the PH model, they were to be a good buy on an entry level "working rifle" and not a piece of art. I'm happy with mine and you are correct, it shoots better than I do with it.
No harm, no foul! wave

pago,you need not worry,we have the best doubles in the world! You probably dont know that because you have no shooting experience.

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

that is because they have never been used-Have you ever worked a rifle?-it will be reduced to rattling crap in just a years time-a big bore that is.

Shootacow: Not so... I think Cal gets plenty of use out oh his DR's. You're reaching... Keep it up Frenchy...

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following nine symptoms:

• Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  • Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  • Requires excessive admiration
  • Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
  • Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
  • Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
  • Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
  • Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

• = Shootacow

one of us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following nine symptoms:

• Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  • Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  • Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
  • Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
  • Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

• you sound like a doctor who wants to put people on pills so that they can make money rotflmo

One of Us
    Picture of DoubleDon
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Frostbit:
    quote:
    I think that if you take cheap close up pictures of any rifle things may appear strange.

A picture I just took of some old trash with old iPhone 3GS. Strange?

Hi Jim. Congrats to Joyce on her new trash. Well done and best wishes!! beer

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of cal pappas
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:

• you sound like a doctor who wants to put people on pills so that they can make money rotflmo

Not so, dickwad. I know plenty of docs who would give you pills for free. Dr. Kevorkian is one and I will pay his bill.
    Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
    www.CalPappas.com
    www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
    1994 Zimbabwe
    1997 Zimbabwe
    1998 Zimbabwe
    1999 Zimbabwe
    1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
    2000 Australia
    2002 South Africa
    2003 South Africa
    2003 Zimbabwe
    2005 South Africa
    2005 Zimbabwe
    2006 Tanzania
    2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
    2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
    2008 Zimbabwe
    2012 Australia
    2013 South Africa
    2013 Zimbabwe
    2013 Australia
    2016 Zimbabwe
    2017 Zimbabwe
    2018 South Africa
    2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
    2019 South Africa
    2019 Botswana
    2019 Zimbabwe vacation
    2021 South Africa
    2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

Not so, dickwad. I know plenty of docs who would give you pills for free. Dr. Kevorkian is one and I will pay his bill.
    Cal

the guy is the biggest loser on the planet

One of Us
    Picture of cal pappas
    posted Hide Post
    Loser, maybe, but a quarter rib and rear sight leaves off one of my doubles is worth more than your entire rifle. Or you, for that matter.

Love this thread. I have not delt with special ed since I retired from teaching.
    Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
    www.CalPappas.com
    www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
    1994 Zimbabwe
    1997 Zimbabwe
    1998 Zimbabwe
    1999 Zimbabwe
    1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
    2000 Australia
    2002 South Africa
    2003 South Africa
    2003 Zimbabwe
    2005 South Africa
    2005 Zimbabwe
    2006 Tanzania
    2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
    2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
    2008 Zimbabwe
    2012 Australia
    2013 South Africa
    2013 Zimbabwe
    2013 Australia
    2016 Zimbabwe
    2017 Zimbabwe
    2018 South Africa
    2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
    2019 South Africa
    2019 Botswana
    2019 Zimbabwe vacation
    2021 South Africa
    2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Loser, maybe, but a quarter rib and rear sight leaves off one of my doubles is worth more than your entire rifle. Or you, for that matter.

Love this thread. I have not felt with special ed since I retired from teaching.
    Cal

piss off loser

One of Us
    Picture of Grenadier
    posted Hide Post

•  
    Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

• moon

One of Us
    Picture of Grenadier
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    moon
    Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    Pretty classic example of an NDP supporter. Supports the gun registry in Quebec.
    Doesn't like the English, or Americans, apparently..
    Can't figure out why he'd buy American, when he could have bought French. Totally against the Quebecois philosophy, never make a good separatist. DeGaulle must be rolling in his grave at you, Shootaway.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
    Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
    Ruger #1A 7-08
    Rem 700 7-08
    Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
    Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
    Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
    Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
    CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of AK_Stick
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Having seen the prices that a couple of your guns have went for, I'm pretty sure that there's alot of us who fit into that catagory.

BTW, thanks for the advice on the gun smith.

Only Angels and Aviators have wings

Posts: 263 | Location: The frozen north, between deployments | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
    Snowwolfe,
    No harm, no foul! wave

pago,you need not worry,we have the best doubles in the world! You probably dont know that because you have no shooting experience.

The only reason you're getting a reply is because i chose to read your stupid post.
    I shoot around 25,000 rounds per year on an average year. "No shooting experience" my ass.
    Who the fuck are you to judge me you stupid son of a bitch? I have you on ignore because I really don't want to get drawn in to the bullshit you post on AR but now you've stepped over the line. You shoot like shit. I shoot better than the targets you post, offhand at 100 yards. You don't want to get started with me. Didn't your parents love you enough to teach you any manners?
    Back to ignore.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    How many times have we heard "please excuse my rant" when responding to shothispants?

Gentlemen, Please excuse my rant. I stupidly chose to read one of his responses and he directly chose one of my posts.
    While I am no world class shooter, by any means, I do shoot between 25,000 and 40,000 rounds per year. Both rifle and handgun. Shot competitively in the Marine Corps, Both Police Departments I worked for and now am currently teaching Concealed Carry Instruction locally. I have 4 shooters that I am currently teaching how to shoot rifles accurately. I work with several of the officers for the Law Enforcement here in hopes of teaching them to hit what they shoot.
    As I said, Please forgive my rant. But, why do we keep feeding the fire with this idiot????

One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    this topic is going be longer than chinese wall,i must admit is geting funny nd childish

Posts: 139 | Location: Canada | Registered: 08 May 2011Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    There is a reason i will not post any of my firearms etc. on this forum. And until that reason is removed i never will.

A thread on some fine rifles is hijacked by some delusional fuckwit to feed his own need for self-gratification through the careless and shameful denigration of fine people and fine guns and books.

It has gone on too long.

Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1910 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of Todd Williams
    posted Hide Post
    I've asked this question numerous times but never get an answer. WHY is the moron allowed to remain on this forum. And don't give us the bullshit line that he is "just expressing his opinion and is entitled to it". That's crap! George is an instigator and shit stirrer like no other. No other forum member is or has been allowed to continually personally insult other members with such childish behavior and on occasion vulgarity. Must EVERY SINGLE THREAD in this section of the forum go down the toilet from George's participation? Really? It's beyond pathetic IMO.

The big bore section has been the primary target in the past but since George received his double rifle, this section of the forum has lost all informational and educational value whatsoever. The discussions here with George around offer nothing more than schoolyard drivel. Personally, I'm sick of it and something tells me I'm not the only one!

One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    The DSM 5 describes George very well. Please remember that this is a great outlet for him and much cheaper than therapy.

I have been frustrated when he asks for advice, then flames you when you do. I recommend ignoring him and never reply to his taunts or remarks.

He adds nothing to discussion and only stirs the pot.

Cheers,

Matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    You guys are missing a major thing about George . He is so famous in some circles that a movie has been made about him. Thus his arrogance.

In case you were wondering, the movie is called "The 40 Year Old Virgin."

Posts: 11999 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of MJines
    posted Hide Post
    For some they apparently cannot help themselves, I know I fall in that category occasionally. He recently started a new thread on this forum, however, rather than ignore the thread, folks have already started to respond. What a waste.

Mike

Posts: 21281 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    I know it is late for a new years resolution but because I am tired of wasting all my energy on fighting all this negativity on AR,from now on I will try to just be positive- it might let in some fresh air.

One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    Guys, I hate to say this but for the most part the majority of you egg him on with your return comments.
    Want to see him leave? Just ignore his postings, every last rude one of them.
    Ganging up on him might be fun for some of you but all it does it cause him to refuel and come up with more trash talk.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
    Guys, I hate to say this but for the most part the majority of you egg him on with your return comments.
    Want to see him leave? Just ignore his postings, every last rude one of them.
    Ganging up on him might be fun for some of you but all it does it cause him to refuel and come up with more trash talk.

Your just angry because I said the new Searcy field grades are refined,IMO-so you have to throw rocks.You had to get a last one in.You tried to put down my rifle on one of your previous posts.

One of Us
    Picture of MJines
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I know it is late for a new years resolution but because I am tired of wasting all my energy on fighting all this negativity on AR,from now on I will try to just be positive- it might let in some fresh air.

quote:
    Your just angry because I said the new Searcy field grades are refined,IMO-so you have to throw rocks.You had to get a last one in.You tried to put down my rifle on one of your previous posts.

Looks like your New Year's resolution lasted 16 minutes.

Mike

Posts: 21281 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    I just got the engine going.

One of Us
    Picture of Frostbit
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by MJines:
    quote:

quote:

Looks like your New Year's resolution lasted 16 minutes.

animal

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
    2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
    DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
    Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
    Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
    Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7595 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    I have only been on this forum a couple of months now and find "shootaway" and the rest here hilarious. The banter between the parties is incredible and can hardly wait for the next round. Shootaway has managed to incite some here to the point of jumping up and down and tearing their hair out. This is exactly how he is playing you folks and I for one really enjoy the threads. Keep up the good work Shootaway and all the rest who are lined up on the "other" side.

Larry Sellers
    SCI(International)Life Member
    Sabatti "trash" Shooter

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    Ummm...wow. Don't know what to say about this thread...didn't think it would go nuclear. My only thought is - don't feed the troll and it will go away.