THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Info on the Double Rifle Shooters Society
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info on the Double Rifle Shooters Society
 Login/Join

Picture of 450/400NE
posted
Would anyone be so kind as to provide info on the Society? Thanks.

Posts: 20 | Location: McAllen, TX | Registered: 17 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wave It's quite informal and easy going. My experience has been that guys

who DON'T own doubles are treated just the same as guys who DO own

doubles. I don't as yet own one, but that might change on any given day!
UPDATE! I HAVE PURCHASED MY FIRST D/R, A VINTAGE 450/400 BY C. OSBORNE! banana

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
This thread should help to a certain point - ignore everything after a certain poster shit in the pool.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=138100755#138100755

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Basically you have to own a double rifle to be a member, or not own one but want to, or not want to own one but want to shoot one, or not want to shoot one but want to hang out with a bunch of dudes that do or don't do one or more of the above, or not. Now that's been cleared up can someone please explain it to me. If you want to be a member then welcome aboard.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Basically you have to own a double rifle to be a member, or not own one but want to, or not want to own one but want to shoot one, or not want to shoot one but want to hang out with a bunch of dudes that do or don't do one or more of the above, or not. Now that's been cleared up can someone please explain it to me. If you want to be a member then welcome aboard.

See, clear as mud!

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
This thread should help to a certain point - ignore everything after a certain poster &%$# in the pool.

That "certain poster" really flew off the handle... nilly shocker hammering

Jack

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Glad to "make the grade" jumping

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Damn! I'm almost afraid to post here, for

fear of starting another pissers contest!

Don't let my judge, and jury of one, court martial, issued demotion in rank, in the gentlemen's club deter you from becomig a valued member of the DRSS! It is easy to avoid contact with me, by simply skipping anything I post here. This also applies to the DRSS hunts! All one has to do is not engage me at all in any conversation, and simply ignore me all together. If my presence is a problem, I'll be happy to back out, I have no problem with that at all! A simple PM will do the trick.

When a person finds he can't get along with anyone, then the place to look, for the problem, is in the mirror. SO! If there is a problem with me here , that is my problem, nobody elses, and I'll simply move on!
......................... diggin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think we should have a meet and then we can sort it all out rotflmo lefty. I for one am looking forward to a get together so that I may attend and I don't have a problem with any one here. I want to shoot a pig with my double killpc, since I will not be able to go to Africa to hunt.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Damn! I'm almost afraid to post here, for

fear of starting another pissers contest!

Don't let my judge, and jury of one, court martial, issued demotion in rank, in the gentlemen's club deter you from becomig a valued member of the DRSS! It is easy to avoid contact with me, by simply skipping anything I post here. This also applies to the DRSS hunts! All one has to do is not engage me at all in any conversation, and simply ignore me all together. If my presence is a problem, I'll be happy to back out, I have no problem with that at all! A simple PM will do the trick.

When a person finds he can't get along with anyone, then the place to look, for the problem, is in the mirror. SO! If there is a problem with me here , that is my problem, nobody elses, and I'll simply move on!
......................... diggin

Mac, you are a gentleman and there is no need to apologize.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
400/450
If they let me in they will let anyone in.I got to tell you these guy's are a bad influence.
In june of 06 I got a tika 512 in 9.3x74, then a merkel in 470 after the first of the year and a 9.3x74 chapris in june. They are a nice bunch of guys but a bad bad influence (thats my story and I am sticking to it.) Mac don't let the jerks ruin your fun. a sad fact of life is after retirement one of the few pleasure a man can aford is being cranky. Let her fly.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have the info about ordering shirts with the DRSS logo?

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunder stick:
Does anyone have the info about ordering shirts with the DRSS logo?

Contact "Mike Davis" here on AR. That's his handle. He found the current supplier we have used in the past, but I heard rumors that they are not doing it any longer. Mike will know - he's a damn fine guy too.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mullhollands in Fort Worth has the only artwork for the DRSS shirts and caps. They have the caps in stock but if you want a shirt, it must be new-unworn for them to apply the embroidery. PM me and I will help you get what you want.

Mike Davis
DRSS

Posts: 167 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK once again I'll explain how to become a DRSS member.

Simply send me a certified check for the initiation fee of a $75,000.00 USD. In return you will receive a pure plastic clad membership statue of the fearless M'bigbogga hunter Francis Cordially Sellus. In addition you will receive a twice yearly update letter with pictures of me with real life dead critters shot with a real life double rifle.

What could be more rewarding and easier than simply sending the money?

Not only will you be a member of an exclusive club, but think of the joy your mere $6,250 a month will bring me in the hunting fields of Africa.

Don't delay I am counting on your money.

Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
banana I BACK MAC! I BACK MAC! [ad infinitum] clap

Jack

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Most double rifles never go anyplace other than Africa, or to a local range, but these guys hunt almost everything they hunt with their double rifles, not just Afica.

I agree, that DR is a great rifle for almost every hunt. At the moment I took only bear and boar
http://talks.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/000673/673145.jpg
http://talks.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/000811/811065.jpg

So, I will be honored to become a DRSS member!

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roman:

WELCOME!!!!!

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Very cool, Roman! Welcome!

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Roman....and some fine animals as well.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, sir! Welcome!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi roman
The night vision scope did not throw off the regulation of the rifle. Those scopes are heavy?

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, colleagues! I am surprised that you are so friendly.
J D, regulation is all right. They weigh about 2.2 pounds.

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roman:

I'm sorry to hear that reloading ammunition is difficult in your country. I hope it hasn't been too difficult for you to find the best load that shoots well in your rifle.

You have some nice trophies with that gun!

If there are a lot of Russians visiting AR, you need to tell them to post!!!! I for one would love to learn about hunting adventures in your country!!!

Welcome to AR!

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When's the next shoot!? Well, still waiting on my DR, but soon!! At the risk of being anti social we Texans, OK you historical traitors known as Sooners can come hillbilly , should have more informal shoots. Like every other month, rotating, Houston-DFW-Austin/SA-west Texas...When the outa state guys can make it just come on down.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Showbart:
When's the next shoot!? Well, still waiting on my DR, but soon!! At the risk of being anti social we Texans, OK you historical traitors known as Sooners can come hillbilly , should have more informal shoots. Like every other month, rotating, Houston-DFW-Austin/SA-west Texas...When the outa state guys can make it just come on down.

That sounds fine, but what about one or two of the shoots in Oklahoma so they don't have to do all the driveing! Maybe one on OAK City,or Enid, and another in Tulsa! Enid would be good so we could visit Champlin's while there.

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enid, yes! Once a year?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enid would be very cool, tour Champlins for sure!

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
I'm sorry to hear that reloading ammunition is difficult in your country. I hope it hasn't been too difficult for you to find the best load that shoots well in your rifle.

Yes, we have some factory cartridges in shops.
quote:
You have some nice trophies with that gun!

Thanks.
quote:
If there are a lot of Russians visiting AR, you need to tell them to post!!!! I for one would love to learn about hunting adventures in your country!!!

I hope they start after me Smiler I hunt a lot, but it is difficult for me to write a good report in English. We talk in Russian forum such as AR.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Roman,
very nice... what dog is in you bear pic?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Roman,
very nice... what dog is in you bear pic?

Thank you. I do not know how it will be in English. In Russian it sounds "laika"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same in English, Laika. There are a few of them; Nenets, Karelian, etc... These look to be West Siberian Laika, the biggest and the toughest of the lot I think.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These look to be West Siberian Laika, the biggest and the toughest of the lot I think.

Exactly. Those are specially trained for bear hunting.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, we have a new member of DRSS, Roman BGH, from Moscow, Russia.

quote:

I believe he is the first member from Russia, and hope he will not be the last! Hunters the world over are "ONE" breed seperated,only by international borders! Welcome sir! wave

Please join me in welcomeing him to the folds of the DRSS, and inviteing him to attend any of our get togethers when he can! Big Grin

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Roman,
WELCOME aboard!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, colleagues!

As I promised to Paul (577NitroExpress), I will try to make something like "branch of DRSS" in Russia.

And may be we will invite you to our meeting someday Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunting Russia has to rank as a top destination.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russian DRSS Chapter, very cool... Cool Cool Cool wave

Jack

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roman please tell us more about the hunting in Russia.

Does the state set a side land, for the common man to access, or do you have to have your own property?

Are you able to lease land for hunting?

Is it likely that the average city person,
could one day decide to take up hunting of some sort,(small game or big game) could he do it.

You have a very nice firearm collection, can any one own fire arms.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro