THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Info on the Double Rifle Shooters Society
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info on the Double Rifle Shooters Society
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BigFiveJack, thank you.
quote:
Originally posted by J D:
Roman please tell us more about the hunting in Russia.

Does the state set a side land, for the common man to access, or do you have to have your own property?

Both. There are public hunting areas (by permission of the State authorities) and there are private (in rent or own property).

quote:
Are you able to lease land for hunting?

Yes.

quote:
Is it likely that the average city person,
could one day decide to take up hunting of some sort,(small game or big game) could he do it.

Yes. In season of course. He can take license by himself, or he can buy a tour from outfitters.

quote:
You have a very nice firearm collection, can any one own fire arms.

Almost everyone since 18 y.o. can have shotguns ( by permission from police), we can have rifles only after 5 years of posession of shotgun by permission from police (but is more difficult to take such permission). Pistols are prohibited.

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the USA DRSS Chapter should begin to investigate the potential for a mass

visit to the nearly "inaugurated" RUSSIAN CHAPTER with our D/R's and "have at"
some monster RUSSIAN BOARS! I hear they are great hunting! dancing

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BigFiveJack, it is possible.

Because I receive too many questions about hunting in Russia, I asked Russian well-known outfitting company to send somebody at this forum to answer questions. As soon as they join us, I let you know.

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GREAT Roman!!! Let the news begin.banana

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally I finished the translation of bear hunt report. Here it is https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5421043/m/203104818

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hey Guy's (DRSS)

I want in, I have Krieghoff Big Five Classic GradeII 470 NE (Lion and Leopard engraving, upgraded wood, see thru fibre sight and merc tube).
Shoots sweet with Federal woodliegh's and TB's.
Here it comes stir I have mounted Docter red dot and Trijicon 1.25x4 on custom made weaver base. I figure since it is not a classic DR, and was CNC made with the kocking lever. It is OK to mount hi tech optics. Also did you see article in "African Hunter" exact same set up as mine.
So how about it can I come and Play?
nitro450exp

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
nitro450exp:

What part of Michigan are you from?

One of our DRSS guys, Bill73, is in Grand Rapids and is trying to get a DR shoot together.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nitro450exp:

See this link:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/483108718

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
577NitroExpress

Have exchanged several PM's with Bill73. Hope we can do something. I am 30 miles east of Lansing, MI. If I go to a shoot does that make me a DRSS member, is that the only qualification ? (Have a DR, go to shoot & don't be a AH) I may be able to pull that off, last one may require some work ! Big Grin Wink

nitro450exp

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

One of Us
posted Hide Post
nitro450exp:

The only requirement you have to do to join the DRSS is say, "I want to join the DRSS" and you are in.

You don't have to own a DR to be in, but just have an interested in them makes you a member.

This loose knit group of guys have helped many guys find the right DR for them by allowing them to see, handle and try their DRs.

So see, you want to be a member, now you are!

Just add DRSS or Double Rifle Shooters Society in your signature line!

Welcome to the club.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Thanks All,

Now that I am am a bonafide DRSS member.
Look forward to getting out and busting some more piggies.

Nitro450exp

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
nitro450exp, welcome!

One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
I'm just sitting around counting the hours until my Heym 450/400 arrives. Hopefully by the end of the month, that's 9 days or less thanks to leap year. It's killing me! Upgraded wood (I selected the wood from Dressels), splinter forend, fit to my measurements...

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rojovin
posted Hide Post
Mike Davis: I would like to purchase one of the DRSS hats and a Shirt size XL. Please advise as to cost and availability. Thanks in advance.
Robert Studen
Merrick, New York

Posts: 96 | Location: Long Island New York | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Paul 577NitroExpress I finally have got the DRSS hat. First hunt in official hat Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roman

Well done.
And I thought I was the only one who put NVD on a double rifle. thumb

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roman BGH:
Thanks to Paul 577NitroExpress I finally have got the DRSS hat. First hunt in official hat Smiler

beer

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, Roman!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rojovin
posted Hide Post
Roman The hat looks good on you, congrats on the nice Hog you got there.

Posts: 96 | Location: Long Island New York | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!