THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Some trophies from Russia (attention, big photos!)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some trophies from Russia (attention, big photos!)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to show you some of my trophies. They were taken in different time, in different regions (some in European part, some in Asian part) of Russia.

Weapons used:
Browning BAR II .338WinMag
Krieghoff Big Five .375 H&H
Remington 870

I hope this will be interesting for somebody Smiler

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, guys, I did something wrong with my photos - they are too big.

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roman BGH:
Sorry, guys, I did something wrong with my photos - they are too big.

not at all roman, i like the size. i also like the pics, we should see if we can do some hunt swaping some day, looks like you are having fun over there. exellent photos and tropys.
congratulations

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
peterdk, thanks.

Pete E, I have read warnings, but I am not so familiar with computers Frowner

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting photos, congratulations on your trophies!

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Great photos, very intersesting. What are those birds in the last photo?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

SBT, Lyrurus tetrix (lat.)

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Roman:

Wonderful trophies - you should be very proud. Thank you for sharing.

I look forward to writing to the latest member of the DRSS in Russia!!!!!!!!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Lots of great trophies. Thanks for posting them all. No problem on the size of the pictures. The bigger the better. Where were the stags and the ibex taken?

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
A TON OF CRITTERS!

Thanks for sharing

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!!
Thank You for posting.

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am glad that you like this Smiler

Cazador humilde, they were taken in Altai (border between Russia, Mongolia and China).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful bear and boar. How do you hunt them in Russia?

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
SBT, birds in the last post are known in UK as black grouse, the male of the species known as black cock (which these are) and the females known as grey hen. Like Capercaillie they are a Lekking type of grouse - male birds display at a site known as a Lek (similar to fallow bucks on a rutting stand) and wait for females to come to them, picking the the one they want to mate with.

In UK we do have them in certain moorland areas, but in varying degrees of density.

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Roman!

How big do the wild boar get in Russia?

Is most of the hunt organised by clubs/associations or are licences bought individually from the government?

Thanks for posting and keep them coming if you can!

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice pictures, thank you very much!

Would you mind telling us a little bit about the ways and places you hunt in Russia?

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much!

quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
Beautiful bear and boar. How do you hunt them in Russia?

There are 3 common ways:
- blinds like this http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/sta...cat601409&hasJS=true
- tracking
- collective hunting, when 3-5 hunters stand in the line and 2-3 hunters trying to push animals on them (this hunt suitable only for boars and deers).
You can hunt by blinds and tracking at night too (by using night vision).

quote:
Originally posted by nightwalker uk:
SBT, birds in the last post are known in UK as black grouse, the male of the species known as black cock (which these are) and the females known as grey hen. Like Capercaillie they are a Lekking type of grouse - male birds display at a site known as a Lek (similar to fallow bucks on a rutting stand) and wait for females to come to them, picking the the one they want to mate with.

Correct. More info: http://hunt.12rus.ru/hunt_bor03_e.html

quote:
Originally posted by Boghossian:
How big do the wild boar get in Russia?

Up to 600 pounds!
quote:
Is most of the hunt organised by clubs/associations or are licences bought individually from the government?

Both ways. + there are a lot of private hunting territories, where you hunt boars and deers only by permission from owner.

quote:
Originally posted by DUK:

Would you mind telling us a little bit about the ways and places you hunt in Russia?

I will try later. It takes some time to translate my stories from Russian to English. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Russia is for sure one of the greatest countries to hunt in. So diverse...

I noticed, that you have a night-vision? scope on one of your guns? I didn't know that it's allowed.

Posts: 94 | Location: North-Eastern Europe, Estonia | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Pric65.

We can hunt with night-vision scopes in Russia. Especially I like night tracking.

posted Hide Post
Roman,

You have taken some fantastic trophies there and I look forward to stories when you get them translated..

Gents,

With regards the pictures "bigger is better" is ok for some folk, but its an absolute killer for people on dial up...So, please, please have some consideration for others!

In this particular case, I understand problems happen, especially when trying to follow instructions not in your first language and I thank Roman for at least trying!

If anybody has any pictures they want to post and having read the instructions at the top of the forum, are still struggling, please feel free to drop me a PM...

The resizing and hosting of pictures is not that difficult once you get the hang of it..

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Fantastic hunt,
I have seen you have shot one Elk wit shotgun, ammunition wit's slug, brenekke or another bullet??

Waidmannsheil von Swiss
Venzin M. webmaster mesolcina-caccia.net

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10,3x60r:
I have seen you have shot one Elk wit shotgun, ammunition wit's slug, brenekke or another bullet??

You are right, I prefer 12x76 RWS Brenneke or Sauvestre slugs.

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Tank's,
sauvestre is very good and brenekke, you test this bullet gaulandi is very much good one on the long distances.

More informatio gualandi web site is in italian language.

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. It's not often that I am able to see Russian hunting photos.

Those bear seem to be about the size of American black bear. What species are they?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13663 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
10,3x60r, actually since I bought Krieghoff I do not use my shotguns on deer or boar hunting. DR is much better Smiler

mrlexma, European brown bears are less than brown bears from Siberia, Far East or Alaska. Last brown bear I took was 2.1 meters long (from nose till anus).

One of Us
Picture of 475Guy1
posted Hide Post
You're having way too much fun. What the hell is that critter about 15 pictures down right above the rabbit pic?

Used to be 475Guy add about 2000 more posts

Posts: 245 | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beaver Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you're doing well in your hunts. Congrats and thanks for posting.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 475Guy1
posted Hide Post
Beavers I go after don't look like that.

rotflmo rotflmo animal animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
475Guy1: You have absolutely no international finesse whatsoever. Now you know that's not going to translate...but I just about split my side open laughing anyway.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
Roman

If it isn't too much trouble, can yu tell us what areas you took your bear and boar in?

I have heard Tver has some good hunting-also a few hours outside of Moscow too.

I had to spend a week in Ivanova once and the guys there did a lot of hunting....

Thanks man!

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yukon delta, thanks.

475Guy1, I mean this beaver http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver But it seems there is another meaning of this word Smiler please, explain.

404WJJeffery, boars mostly taken in Tver (you are right) and Yaroslavl' regions. Bears - Vologda and Karelia.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Yes, .475Guy, please do explain! dancing

Great photos and trophies, Roman! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
i would like a explaination as well. shocker

peter

One of Us
Picture of 475Guy1
posted Hide Post
Hey, everybody piling on me? For others that don't get it, it's American slang for getting some(concerning women.)

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
LOL! jumping That was funny!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are Capercaille good to eat?

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
good pictures beer

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 475Guy1:
Hey, everybody piling on me? For others that don't get it, it's American slang for getting some(concerning women.)

sorry 475 then i do hope you get some that are better looking Big Grin

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, he meant just the part... you see the tail is split...well now we're all just gonna have to meet in a pub in eastern Europe somewhere and discuss the whole thing over a few pints.