THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    500 Nitro--A New Exploration
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

500 Nitro--A New Exploration
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
D R,
Barrel length is 24. Hope that helps. Jim

Posts: 29 | Location: Missouri, usa | Registered: 26 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Very Good! Thanks!

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd bring this one back to the top so you guys that haven't seen it could. Also since we will be doing a 577 exploration it might give you an idea of what we will be doing there.

I'd like to bring up something that was brought to my attention about loading the 510 grain CEB Safari solids in you doubles. Both the 570 grain and the 510 grain boxes look the same. They have .510 diameter on them also. It is real easy to grab a box of 570 grain bullet and think they are the 510 grain if you don't look at what you are doing. This could cause a major problem as you could load a 570 grain with way too much powder if you were thinking it was a 510 grain bullet. This happened to a friend but thankfully he caught it before he shot them. I may get Dan to change the writing somehow to make this less likely to happen. You should pay attention when loading ammo!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam

Posts: 2832 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bumping this one back up again.

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
Sam,

I thought the 510gr Safari Solids had the additional upper groove to visually distinguish them from the 570gr Safari Solids?

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like so!

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
Yes!

Nice touch and perhaps something Dan might want to adopt for other NE bullets where both traditional and light weight bullets are offered.

Jim coffee
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Dan is already doing it.

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
tu2

Jim coffee
John Wayne

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michael - Sam. Can you extrapolate any of this data to the 500N 3 1/4?

cheers Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1927 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris, You can use 3 inch data for the 3 1/4 but I have no way to go any further than that. Use a 1/4 inch of card wad and you should be close the the same as the 3 inch data. All guns are individuals. Hope this helps.

Sam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sam

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1927 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sam for your hard work.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill,

If it wasn't for my friend Michael458 I would have never been able to do any of that double rifle pressure testing we did. Michael has done so much for all of us here on AR with his threads on Terminals and Doubles.

Sam