New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larry's Bradshaw Double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ya but i got to shot it first!!!!!!!! animal and i got to watch it grow into a thing of beauty Big Grin Big Grin.. Larry gets the rifle and he's getting some pretty stones soon to. i just hope he does not want the stones inlayed into the rifle shocker shocker. Bailey likes it when i shoot with no sights Big Grin it makes the metal pig ring at long yardage Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beyond COOL.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Absolutely gorgeous!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guy's
I am very proud to be the owner of the first big bore Bailey Bradshaw has made.
It will sure be the talk of the town.
I plan on displaying it next year at Dallas.
So all that did not have the treat to see it last year you will have another chance.
Thanks Bailey
Jon, Bailey said he is hard at work on your 500 now. Since you don't have all the glitter like mine yours will be done in a week or so.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey, I'm glad to see that all that dan hooker left on the rifle didn't effect the finish. It is beautiful.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim That's DNA not dan shocker rotflmo rotflmo the tards rubbing off on you

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The miracle of steam cleaning! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Y'all keep placing those orders so Bailey can hire more minions to expand and put out field grade versions to us unwashed masses. 577 and 10 lbs Smiler

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn IPad auto-correct, yes don, you are correct it was DNA you left all over larry's rifle. I wonder if Larry has visited your rifle yet?

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't think he's got it yet. Bailey had to ship it to New Mexico.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BOOM Stick,
if you talked really nice to bailey he'll build you one Big Grin his field grade is about three steps above all the other builders Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's great that you're happy and it's a very unique rifle that obviously shoots very well.

Everybody has different opinions, and tastes. I have a buddy in construction, he does complete homes. I sometimes piddle around on things. when he comes over he'll look at my latest, I just tell him,"don't tell me what I did wrong!" knowing I'll fixate on it. last time he was kind, "you did good for your first time." (it was a fence). "want me to fix it" Smiler

Just saying, only your opinion matters, don't fixate on what other people might not like about it.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oppps i may have misspoken bailey does not make field grade. he just builds the best every time. Big Grin Big Grin
P.S.Bailey are you going to have one up and shot able in a week + a couple days Big Grin Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hooker, if you're on your way back here, I've arranged with USFGW that you be "dipped" first :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,
i'v been purified from the inside out no need for dipping Big Grin beer . but i do need customers for some gemstone's i'm bringing back!!! Tanzanite,tsavorite and a few others. If you know anyone other than Larry we have him set already.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK who broke the beer icon???????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you run out, I'll break another Coke bottle and you can sell it...The UnColanite ! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
been tried!!!! they sell it as aquamarine here to unsuspecting tourist shame

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Give us an update on your rifle. Those of us who are next in line want to see some final results. Did you get to shoot it yet?

Posts: 150 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well
I have not received the gun yet.
Bailey has been improving everything from springs to firing pins and he was not 1000% happy so he has improved the above. He is waiting for some ammo to do the final site in of the ghost ring. Should be ready soon.
These will be all collector items believe me.
These guns are not for the weak at heart.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am looking at the tanzanite that hooker brought over for Bailey to inlay in larry's rifle stock. This will take it to a whole new level of pimpy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I visited Larry's rifle again dam it's great Big Grin Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to the dipping company!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ahahahahahahahaha now thats funny know matter who you are Big Grin Beibs you know that don't work with me rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well the Bailey is at the gun
dealer
I have been on vacation but driving into town.
I am going up to get it soon as I drive in about an hour.
The last of the 4 Luxus Arms also came in. Mine
Will get some reports out soon
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Any update on your rifle? Would love to hear a range report and see some photos.

Posts: 150 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will try to do a report this weekend
I have not even shot it yet.
Thanks for asking
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lord knows you are killing me with suspense!

AKMATT

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
matt,
`it shoots great handles wonderful and is a joy to look at Big Grin Big Grin from one who has shot it Big Grin Big Grin during it's construction
THANK YOU AGAIN BAILEY FOR TELLING ME TEST FIRE LARRY'S RIFLE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me.

AKMATT

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
I will try to do a report this weekend
I have not even shot it yet.
Thanks for asking
Larry

Sir, I hope it really performs for you. The idea
of a falling block SxS rifle is SO SPECTACULAR!!!

Best regards,
D'Fan

Posts: 40 | Location: Florida | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I suppose it really isn't any of my business but I would have thought that with all the fan fare of this rifle and it's being the first of the design delivered by Bailey, there would have been a full spread of pictures and comments on the completed rifle here.

I know there were many of us who were following this thread hoping to see how everything turned out in the end. Instead, it just petered out into a long thread of silly comments without much substance about the gun.

I know several guys who have deposits with Bailey and several more who are waiting in the wings to put down deposits, but want to see the results. If further pictures and objective comments about the rifle are not forthcoming here, so be it. But I know there are several, like myself, who are a bit disappointed with the end to this story so far!

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Todd, at this point I must assume that the silence speaks volumes. Hopefully I am wrong.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry received his rifle, shot it and said it shoots real nice. Problem is he can't see the sights so I will be mounting a scope on it for him.

About one year ago, my wife and I purchased a small feed store for her to run. It was in shambles when we took over, and has taken an immense amount of time to get into shape. Obviously this has taken time away from my rifle building, far more than anticipated.
It is about to the point of being self sufficient and I can rededicate my attention to my rifles.

I know there are several who are waiting and wanting to see a field report from customers. That will come very soon and hopefully all of the concerns will be answered.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bailey Bradshaw:
Larry received his rifle, shot it and said it shoots real nice. Problem is he can't see the sights so I will be mounting a scope on it for him.

About one year ago, my wife and I purchased a small feed store for her to run. It was in shambles when we took over, and has taken an immense amount of time to get into shape. Obviously this has taken time away from my rifle building, far more than anticipated.
It is about to the point of being self sufficient and I can rededicate my attention to my rifles.

I know there are several who are waiting and wanting to see a field report from customers. That will come very soon and hopefully all of the concerns will be answered.

Thanks Bailey. I was really hoping Larry would take extensive pictures and post them for viewing as well as give us a detailed report on how well he likes the rifle. Some guys like to keep things more private however and I understand that.

I was just commenting on how many of us were following the thread with genuine interest, hoping for info and it just didn't seem to happen. At least not yet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd and others
I have been under the gun with many personal and business issues and I have all my gun time on the back burner.
My silence has not been because of any other reason than I have been extremely busy.
First to let you all know I am far from a doubles expert or a trained doubles shooter.
I don't reload anymore and depend on factory loads. I sent ammo to Bailey to regulate this gun.
I did have one outing with this great firearm. Since I am hitting the big 65 this year my eye sight is getting weird. Bailey put the ghost ring on it but I have trouble seeing clearly and getting my site in properly. So he is going to add the talley set up for me. I guess the gun was made to my specifications and some are far from traditional with my engravings and ivory insets.
Well I did shoot this gun but it was a short time at the range. It was mostly getting use to the guns and trigger pull. I was not really shooting to set world record groups. I was just playing to get the feel of the gun. With my eyes not focusing it was hard to shoot and good groups but the more I shot the better the groups. I was not shooting from a very stable rest and like I said I am not a traditional doubles shooter.
Once I get the s ope installed I will try to get a better report.
I will take some pictures this weekend and post.
Hey guy's please don't judge the great work Bailey does because of my absence from this forum.
As time goes on and I get time to shoot it I will give a detailed report. This maybe awhile because my hunting season starts the 15 th of this month and will be hunting all most non stop till the 12th of December.
Have a great hunting season to you all.
Larry

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the report and pix. tu2

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
Looking forward to the report and pix. tu2

Me too!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Patience young padiwans, patience.

This is beginning to remind me of our family rode trips. . ."Are we there, yet?" animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry,

I understand the questions that arise from the length of time all of this has taken and the way this thread has dwindled. It has started a trend I wanted to avoid at all cost regarding my reputation as a gunmaker, but the fact is I'm far more dedicated to my Wife than anything else except my faith. It's a long story but it has been important that I have been there for her to help get her business off the ground.

That being said, I am commited to making my rifle business the best it can be.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote