Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey made the gun
Bailey did the stock work
Bailey did the ivory insets
So Bailey did the engraving also.
He did it all
Oh did I mention he is the one that came up with the double falling block design with removable barrels.
This if you dont know is a one of a kind and hard to find.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
But, you're the one that ordered Simmons on the side. Wink

Right?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i know that bailey has more than a few irons in the fire but a slow turn around time from Doug looks bad for Bailey even if it's not Baileys fault. Baileys pretty good at multi tasking i'v seen him chew gum a bitch at the same time rotflmo just like my ex wife rotflmo ohh no i have that backward she was a B&^$h that chewed gum.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
i know that bailey has more than a few irons in the fire but a slow turn around time from Doug looks bad for Bailey even if it's not Baileys fault.
It was April 6th that Larry posted the gun was at Turnbull's. That's less than a month ago. Slow turn around time?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
Bailey made the gun
Bailey did the stock work
Bailey did the ivory insets
So Bailey did the engraving also.
He did it all
Oh did I mention he is the one that came up with the double falling block design with removable barrels.
This if you dont know is a one of a kind and hard to find.
Larry

I was once told by Phillip Grifnee' 'that you could count the number of people who could do scroll work and animals to an equally high level on the fingers of your hands, and still have a couple of them left over.'

I would hope that you got value for your money on the engraving but, bad engraving will still ruin an otherwise stellar product.

"A man has got to know his limitations."

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Notice to all
Bailey emailed me my gun should ship to me in 2 weeks
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gator
I guess what you are saying with out saying it.
The engraving is not of the quality to be displayed on this gun!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is so much rifle envy here it is not funny. Gene Simmons is one of those guys who wears make up and gets paid to do it...nuff said.

I am waiting to see the pictures of the final finish after it is Turnbulled!

Matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gator
I guess what you are saying with out saying it.
The engraving is not of the quality to be displayed on this gun!!

I don't think the animals are up to snuff although the scroll looks nice.

I would rather have a gun with no engraving than poorly executed engraving.

My opinion only and worth what you paid for it.

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen the picture that was supplied to Bailey for the engraving and he did it almost exactly line for line from the picture. so for those of you how say it's poor engraving are really kinda out of line no pun intended. it's a perfect rendition of the picture. few people on the planet can do all the things Bailey does as well as he does. MY OPINION and worth what you paid for it Big Grin
and i know pimp daddy is going to love his new toy in two weeks. because i got to shoot it already Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin it's sweater than puppies breath jumping

no envy on my part my rifles in the works Big Grin bring on the 450/400 Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well lets put it this way
I will have one of a kind fantastic gun I hope we all agree.
If some one wants to buy this gun from me after my fall hunt lets say take bids starting at $50,000 they can send it off and have it re engraved to their liking.
Who will start the bidding??????
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for the record this is the picture I emailed Bailey for my double.
[IMG:right] [/IMG]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ok how do you up load the picture ??? all i see is a cartoon frog. and i hate to register on another web site just to see one picture. I WANT PICTURES OF THE RIFLE Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hook
where are my stones????????
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hook
where are my stones????????
Larry

You lost them when you got married, you big wuss ! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Maximus Brutus
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to say this, but that engraving is not the best.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what biebs said!!!!!! rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo pm sent

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your rifle! I'd love to own one built by B.B.
What a design concept. Those that are not F/B doubles
but break-open can't possibly be as durable...

Best regards,
D'Fan

Posts: 40 | Location: Florida | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still waiting
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
has any one heard from bailey in the last 2 week i emailed him but have not heard from him!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I am holding Bailey for ransom. Instructions on purchasing his release to follow! Or not! animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cheshire
posted Hide Post
Larry,

As usual Bails preformed above and eyond again. Talk about one of a kind, and that regulation is better than any I have seen.$200K or not. That $50K offer will be peanuts compared to what that rifle will be worth in 20 years. I will stick Bailey and Butch against any double gun builder on the planet on quality, accuracy, and inovation. What else is there in a double gun? I am proud for you and yeah a little jealous. Enjoy your art!

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, hearing the old ones wail, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters, while riding his gelding.”
Genghis Khan

Posts: 174 | Location: Saratoga, Wyoming | Registered: 28 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks
Should be just about done. I will take it to Africa this fall. Need a few more Jumbo's
Baileys wife was in the hospital for a time so he was away from home.
They are back now I believe.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK thanks Larry,
i was getting worried about bailey he has not answered my email and that really not like him. I hope Courtney is ok!! she is a very nice lady. she has to be she put up with me hanging around with Bailey. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys,

Courtenay is doing fine now. Gall bladder surgery and a couple of other minor issues, but all is OK. Back home and beginning to emerge from under the rock as life returns to "normal". Wink

Larry,

Your rifle will be finished by about 4:00 this afternoon!

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey-
My turn!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PICTURES BAILEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sending a case Tuesday for shipment of the the Bailey Double.
Will shoot it and take pictures.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually think that Bailey did a good job on the engraving. The problem is that he was given a poor picture of a lion that was ugly in the first place--and the lion was at an angle that was less than flattering. Not all lions look like the MGM lion, and this one certainly doesn't.

I don't particularly like the depicted scene, but I think the rendition of the art work is accurate.

Bailey is a hell of a talent and that is one fine rifle any way you cut it.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sharps guy
You are correct the picture may not be the best.
I picked this scene because it is rare to see a huge male lion making the kill an to do it by suffocating the buffalo made it more interesting to me.
All I can say when this gun pass's my hands that person can engrave it anyway he wants.
Hope to be shooting it soon.
So with that being said!
Let the games begin !!!!
Larry

One of Us
Picture of Cheshire
posted Hide Post
For a "curb feeler" rifle that thing is pretty spiffy. Bailey, Carla will be in town next week, go ahead anf pop one together for me and send it back with here. I have a bear hunt coming up. Big Grin

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, hearing the old ones wail, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters, while riding his gelding.”
Genghis Khan

Posts: 174 | Location: Saratoga, Wyoming | Registered: 28 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whew, last round of photos before she ships out to Larry. Sad to see her go, but there are many more on the way :-)

Bailey Bradshaw

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's gorgeous work. Question though, it has a sling swivel on the barrels but not on the buttstock?

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
patriot

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah
Bailey wont put a sling swivel on the butt stock
He wants to carry it for me on my next hunt.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey thats not fair your going to shoot it with sights!!!! it's more fun without them!!!!!! love the ghost ring. was it worth the wait
have fun Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You wont have to shoot--the animals will just take one look and fall over dead--knowing their number is up

tu2

Superb work

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course it will have a sling swivel on the stock. You guys don't miss a trick Wink

Bailey Bradshaw

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hooker, Bailey says you shoot about as well without sights as with them.....VERY poorly!!! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote