New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larry's Bradshaw Double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hooks posting was in route from CAR to RSA. Arrived RSA Fri. Visited with him for a moment.
Some interesting stuff as he was up in the area where the poachers were up to no good on elephants. We I will hear from him after a bit of R n R no doubt.

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
biebs you have email

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Bailey had your rifle at our North Texas SCI Chapter expo and banquet this past weekend. Man, that rifle is a true work of art. I really like the Ivory accents. You'll have a real family treasure once you take delivery.

I took some pics but won't post them unless you and Bailey give the go ahead.

Todd

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd,
it shoots as good as it looks too. i know i got to shot it Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd
Thanks
You can post pictures anytime
Yes the ivory was a cool addition.
Since Bailey would not install the flashing lights or curb feelers.
The gun is to be off for case hardening in the next few days.
Bailey is also sending me the regulation target.
If I know Bailey they will be perfect.
I have not seen the gun since Jan at Dallas
He had engraving and stock work to complete.
Iam so glad you like the gun, as you know it is one of a kind. And I am very proud to own one of the very first of Baileys big bores.

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you may own it but i have already shot it naner naner naner Big Grin Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Here ya go!

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
What I find amazing is Bailey's multiple talents. Artist, craftsman and machinist. Maybe some day I can afford the field grade version Wink

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much
I think others will also enjoy these pictures.
Wont be long now.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's call it "Leroy" :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Leroyann would be a better name for it Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, that's how we refer to the owner! I wonder if Russell make the Thula-Thula in blue suede? :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ya with a pink feather boa Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hook
Hate to disappoint you all but went to Santa Fe and sold all the Boa's and glitter covered items I had.
Might take the money and buy some of those pants with the legs you an zip off.
Only problem very poor color choices
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
who needs zip off legs I just take the dam leg off rotflmo rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking piece of work there.
If you can't bring yourself to shoot it, let me know and I will for you.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, you'll have to grow some hair on those legs before you start thinking about shorts. They look like an "After" picture for a NAIR commercial!!! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just an Update on my Bradshaw Falling Block Double
This is the regulation target 50 yards the cells are 1/4" Not bad.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]
The action is at Turnbull's having the case harden work done. Should be back in 2 weeks. Then Bailey needs to put the front site and just finish touch up work.
I should have it in about 3 weeks.
Larry

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Wow! That some good work with the dremel!Wink

jumping jumping

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey he dont own no Dremmel tool
Just a very good drill index set.
I guess THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS.
3/4 INCH and Dead even horizontal.
I would dare say not even those $200,000 doubles could match that performance out of the box.
Great work Bailey
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey will gladly take more cash for it if you are offering Larry Big Grin i know for sure you got the deal of a lifetime on that rifle!!!!!!! and i got the second best deal of a life time Big Grin it's good to be able to call people like Bailey my friend. since i'm opening a new gem stone business i think i may have to hang a nice thank you rock on Baileys lovley wife for putting up with me hanging around the shop rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ps some one please load the new pictures so i can see them or email them to me BAILEY!!!!!!!!
PS i'm in kenya at the moment. looks like ethopia and tanzania soon to Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i think i may have to hang a nice thank you rock on Baileys lovley wife for putting up with me hanging around the shop rotflmo

Hooker, you'd need something like the Hope Diamond to make things even for putting up with you!!! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo ya i know rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just waiting for the phone call that it's ready to ship.
Should be any day now
Larry

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Awesome rifle. I'd love to see more photos from the top, bottom etc.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will even buy a new camera to take pictures with
My old one is not working well now anyways
Hope I can afford at least one ore jumbo hunt to use it.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hook, you should get to name larry's rifle. It has enough of your DNA on it to be your kin.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to know what you guy's are talking about
I think that gun is just a dream or a figment of your imagination.
There is no such gun
If anybody really sees it let me know
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
her name is rocksie because she's going to rock some critters world. that thing is an animal destruction device. the triggers are smoother than a babies butt. the balance is better than almost any rifle i have ever shot( almost because all Baileys rifles a balance perfectly) also naming her that because i have got my rocks off caressing her during the build rotflmo jumping jumping

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Now is the time to `fess up Hookie! Tell him that you've got it with you and that you won't be back till fall.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
you have know idea how bad i wish i had my Bradshaw 450 /400 gun with me now. but i'm on the list Big Grin
I don't think i could get power to where i'm at to operate the disco ball and lazer lights that Larry wants on his gun. and the dam curb feelers would get hung in the wait a minute vines to much Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i wish i had my Bradshaw 450 /400 gun with me now. but i'm on the list Big Grin

Hook, that's a pretty long line of women in front of you :-)

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
yuck

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
anyone know how Larry's toy is coming along???? have not heard from Bailey in awhile

one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post

Why is a picture of Gene Simmons eating a cow's nose on Larry's rifle?

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well the real deal
Its a Lion "French Kissing" the Buffalo.
I am waiting to hear when the action will be delivered back to Bailey from Doug Turnbul
so he can make the final adjustments.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dang how long has turnbull had it??? seams like forever shocker i wonder why he's taking so long????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He must know it's Larry's :-)