ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Zimbabwe - Elephant bull and Buffalo
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe - Elephant bull and Buffalo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great animals and a very kind offer. PM sent.

DRSS

Posts: 624 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
I have really enjoyed your video.
Great quality and content. I will be passing it along to some local AR members.
Thank you for sharing your hunt with me.

Posts: 40 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 25 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
I just watched your video. Enjoyed your safari very much. Thanks for sending it out. Your buff was a real heart stopper.
Jay

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

Posts: 105 | Location: Looking for the Southern Cross | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac;

Just watched the video...OMG it was better than any we've seen on the regular hunting shows. Amazing trophies, exciting footage and really informative about the area. I'm ready to book with Chifuti after your video!!!!

WELL DONE!!!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
Just got the dvd today and wanted to say thank you. Excellent video presentation, and an amazing hunt. Best hunt I have seen on video or TV. You are a lucky man for the experience. I really appreciated you sharing it with all of us.

Two questions if you have time? What caliber Model 70 was your PH Len using? (458 Lott?) And did I note a sticky bolt after the dbl you put on the first buffalo? In the video it really looked like he had a jammed bolt. Anyone else notice that? Len could move though...amazing how fast he got across that creek and back.

Great comment by you to the cameraman, with your eyes wide Smiler " "Did you get THAT on video?"

That buff looked like a tank going by at good deal less than spitting distance. Got me all excited sitting at my desk...had to be really "fun" in person!

Thanks again!

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Mac,
Great video. Thanks. I hope you had toilet paper with you, after that buffalo almost ran you over. How did you get that double of yours to switch to full auto?

Thanks again

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
RDB
Yes the model 70 Len was using was a 458 lott. After just reviewing the video it possibly looks like after the first shot that he may be short stroked it? I'm not sure. I would not think that he would have run after the buff with an empty chamber though so I am not sure what was going on. But yes after he stopped he sure was tugging on that bolt.
The "Did you get that on Video" there is a little more to that story. So at the first of the hunt I asked Doug the cameraman what's his pet peeve with clients. He told me he hates it when the client always asks after the shot if he got it on video. He followed it up by saying he always tells them he is a professional and he always get’s the shots. So after he buttoned off on my elephant kill 3 days earlier as you can imagine we were constantly giving him a razzin the rest of the hunt. So that was just for him. Doug was awesome and made the hunt a whole lot more fun than it would have been without him. Great sense of humor and had us in stitches from day one with his witty comments. I would love to have him on a future hunt.

Samir
Full Auto…..haha…..just lots of practice I guess…

Mac

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
For any AR memebr who is done with this video and wants to pass it on, I'd be interested in seeing it. send to
Wilhelm Spicker
PO BOX 6127
Silverdale, WA 98315-6127

BTW, down to under 5 weeks before I head over for anothe PG hunt, sorry no plans to video it tho.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great hunt, good animals, good shooting and a even better story. Thanks again!

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Very, very well done video. It's actually better than most t.v. shows.

Boy did you folks get wet! As you know, Biebs and I were in Zimbabwe at Chirisa the same dates you were and we never even got wet though the roads were pretty muddy the first few days.

Thank you for pulling all the clouds over to you folks!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7543 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whenever someone is done with the/a copy of the video could you send it my way. Thanks,

Dirk Lawyer
540 Main St. Suite 109
Delta, CO. 81416
970-433-3478

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hey Mac,

Rcvd my copy this morning. Now I just need to find time to watch it. I already have someone in line for it once I finish with it.

Thanks

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,

Got it today, watching it now. This is fucking great! What buff hunt!!

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
Mac, got my copy today and just got done watching it. WOW!!! What a hunt! Great Bulls too! To whom can I send this copy?

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 219 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Looks like dirk a few posts up is looking for a copy.....thanks

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac

got the vid today...great footage.. too bad that the shot on the ele bull didn't get taken..
that buff had all the makings of one HELLUVA hunt!!

Your hunt reminded me alot of my Zim hunt last year.. green and WET!!

I'll pass the vid onto my buddies..Thanks again.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When time came to settle up did you dock 'em a few $$'s for fecking up that ele shot?

Big Grin

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
If someone would send a copy to me I would love to have a look.
G. Keown.
6 Hill Street,
Lawrence 9532,
South Otago.
New Zealand.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Haha.....no shit happens......

Mac

One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
If someone has a copy they are done with I'd love to see it.

Thanks

Jim Gallagher
5209 Coral Springs Dr
Flower Mound, TX 75022

Posts: 1306 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Nice hunt, and a good idea with the DVD´s if anyone want to see mý hunt from -08 please PM your adress. I have 10-15 DVDs laying around here somewhere.

Anton

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
Nice hunt, and a good idea with the DVD´s if anyone want to see mý hunt from -08 please PM your adress. I have 10-15 DVDs laying around here somewhere.

Anton

PM in route. Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:

PM sent

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adventure received in Great Falls.Look forward to the view. Will share with Dale Schaefer MD and Jerry Spencer MD, both African veterans and AR's; then forward as directed. Thanks Jim

Posts: 136 | Location: Great Falls,MT | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac
Stayed up with my wife Lynn, who has been my hunting companion on 2 safaris,and watched the whole thing.High adventure! The 2 final buff encounters are wake-me-ups;way to keep your cool and shoot well.....and often. The ele was earned......and finally, a bit of luck. Hyenas are incredible beasts....and yours is a beaut. Thick and Wet......and damned muddy. Great hunt...thanks. Jim

Posts: 136 | Location: Great Falls,MT | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Can I ask somebody who already has the video to post it online? In such case, everyone could download. Possible ways to post the video include:
1. on your web page
2. using a peer-to-peer network (some p2p servers allow uploading your material)
3. using a free file share service

Mac, are you OK with this idea?

Thnx

one of us
posted Hide Post
If someone could forward a copy I would appreciate it.

Frank Martinez
PO Box 670
Hydesville, CA

Great post and some terrific trophies. Thanks for the filming idea and offer.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love one to.

David King
242 Kilgore Avenue
Baytown, Texas 77520

Thanks. It must be Christmas!

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the video. That buffalo almost got you twice! Let me know to whom to send it next.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone still have a copy of this they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks

Darrell

NRA Life Memebr

Posts: 91 | Location: Holt, Michigan | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like a copy. And will be glad to send it on.
Thanks,
Bill Watson
124 Abby Lane
Byrdstown, TN. 38549

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a Real Great Dagga Boy and a nice Ele too. Congrats

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
I would like a video. Thanks.
Roger Cox
216 Dawson Street
Homer, La 71040

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I have a copy and I will send it to Billsan. Billsan, please confirm that no one else has already agreed to send you a copy.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted Hide Post
yes please muchly.....

Milburn Dmello
42 Old Wairoa Road
Papakura 2110
New Zealand

Happy to rturn the favor with sundry NZ red deer, chamois Tahr pig hunting dvds plus books on hunting tiger by Jim Corbett, WMD Bell on elephant.

Again thank you for setting an example by sharing, this truly enriches the world we live in.

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 134 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
McKay,

Thank you for the generous offer. I would appreciate seeing the video of your hunt.
Rob Braig
P.O. Box 128
Kalispell, MT 59903

Cheers,
Ski+3

Posts: 858 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mac
Did you send any videos to South Africa? If yes, please could you put me in touch with anyone here that may be able to copy it or send it along to me?
The comments sound like it was quite an adventure?
HQ

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of white north
posted Hide Post
Hi Mckay,

I would really want to watch your video. If anyone is willing to send me one here is my address.
Joe Savikataaq Jr
PO Box 463
Arviat, NU
X0C 0E0

It was one mont ago today my Dad and I finished a bull elephant, and buffalo hunt with Chifuti, and our PH was LEN TAYLOR. Had too much fun.

Thank You

Posts: 126 | Location: Arviat, Nunavut, CANADA | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see a copy. and if its OK with the original poster I can test out an idea I have on being able to share DVDs quicker across the internet. Just posted a link here.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...011017951#2011017951

If anyone wants to send a copy for testing.

Robert Naugle
931 W Russell Ave
Visalia, CA 93277

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would love to have a DVD. I will gladly forward it own after watching.

Hartley Kittle
156 Westover Dr
Clarksdale, Ms 38614

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote