New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shame on Wendell Reich
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, because she targeted the wrong person to blame the entire mess on. Wendell never failed to try to help, but the situation was out of his hands as most are once the safari company shipps the skins,skulls,and horns to the dip and pack facility. Will your agent make calls on your behalf ? You bet. And Wendell did, countless times yet he , the only guy REALLY trying to help her, still gets to look at a "Shame On Wendell" thread every day. Simply not a fair burden to bear I believe.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The Message below is from the Operator:

I want to apologize to my friend Wendell Reich for the bad postings he has received on this thread and we are happy that Bill and Linda Adams received their trophies at long last. I would like to let everyone on this thread know that I am the ultimate reason for the long delay in the trophies getting to the Adams because my office misplaced the paperwork in the beginning and so I am truly sorry. One can not believe the difficulty in trying to reregister a hunt and get all the documentation sorted out for these trophies to leave. We have learnt a big lesson here!!

To the Adams once again I am sorry. Albeit my word alone I can offer you that we did everything we could to get those trophies out as soon as possible and that nothing anyone did from the USA including Wendell made the shipment arrive one minute earlier than it did.

Wendell did not deserve the title of this thread as he kept in touch with us consistently on the progress of this shipment – he is very much aware of what we had to go through and our frustrations with the authorities here in Zim that just gave us the run around. This whole thing was not a deliberate attempt to hurt anyone as was made out, and there is no way that we would intentionally stop client’s trophies from being shipped.

Sincerely Dudley

Posts: 3 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hikerbum:

After seeing this thread and other posts by and about Wendell, I am only MORE inclined to book with him in the future.

Wendell did handle himself in public very admirably in this situation. That is to his credit. Better than I would have, that is for sure. Wink

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BY GOD THERE YOU HAVE IT. I know Dudley and Wendell both. They are both gentlemen and would never intentionally deliver anything but the best service that they can to their clients. I also know how things are going in Zim and the incredible frustrations one has to deal with the bureaucracy and inefficiency there. An ungodly amount of work effort and emotion went into getting this all straightened out.

My hat is off to Dudley and Wendell. Dudley for his silence on the internet as he worked his way through this mess and Wendell with his diplomacy and patience. Now it is time to give this up.....

THE END

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
[He]..... still gets to look at a "Shame On Wendell" thread every day. Simply not a fair burden to bear I believe.

Linda Adams can't delete the thread as others have posted to it, but she could change the title- say to

"A Long Road with Wendell Reich", or something similar, in the end, with a lot of the hype taken out, there was some good information posted in the thread.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Her intent has been to harm Wendell. Perhaps when she understands that the way in which Wendell has conducted himself here has enhanced his already lofty status as someone to be trusted, this thing will be deleted. Shame on you, Linda Adams!

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Linda Adams can't delete the thread as others have posted to it, but she could change the title- say to

"A Long Road with Wendell Reich", or something similar..

The fact that L.A. cant bring herself to do that, reveals the calibre of person she is...most likely still bears some stubborn narrowminded resentment toward Wendell.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CJSR:

I want to apologize to my friend Wendell Reich for the bad postings he has received on this thread and we are happy that Bill and Linda Adams received their trophies at long last. I would like to let everyone on this thread know that I am the ultimate reason for the long delay in the trophies getting to the Adams because my office misplaced the paperwork in the beginning and so I am truly sorry. One can not believe the difficulty in trying to reregister a hunt and get all the documentation sorted out for these trophies to leave. We have learnt a big lesson here!!

To the Adams once again I am sorry. Albeit my word alone I can offer you that we did everything we could to get those trophies out as soon as possible and that nothing anyone did from the USA including Wendell made the shipment arrive one minute earlier than it did.

Wendell did not deserve the title of this thread as he kept in touch with us consistently on the progress of this shipment – he is very much aware of what we had to go through and our frustrations with the authorities here in Zim that just gave us the run around. This whole thing was not a deliberate attempt to hurt anyone as was made out, and there is no way that we would intentionally stop client’s trophies from being shipped.

Sincerely Dudley

Dudley,

Good to see you cowboy up and post. As a fellow business owner, I know what it is like to deal with high maintenance clients. I do not think Linda is one of them.

The fact is the business world is judged by results, not intentions. I am 100% accountable to my client for the acts of my employees and agents. So if someone screws up, even though they "tried", my job is to fix it or have an unsatisfied client. Rightly so.

The emotions were running high on this thread. I am sure there were at least two sides to this story. At the end of the day, it took an unacceptable amount of time and effort to move a few pieces of paper. The only vote I can cast that means anything is with my checkbook. I will gladly book with Wendell, but no way with you.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CJSR:

Sincerely Dudley

If that is truly from Dudley, then it's good that he acknowledged responsibility. It's a pity that he didn't address this with the Adamses before it came to the internet.

Reputations were besmirched, and that is not easily fixed.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As my own first African trip (which I have booked through Wendell) approaches I must say that following this thread and reading Wendell's posts have made me confident that I chose wisely when I engaged his services.

Now, just one question...when my trophies eventually arrive here in Canada, and if the taxidermy doesn't quite turn out as good as I am hoping...can I blame Wendell? Big Grin

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am certainly not looking for any credit where it is not due, and I respect any castigation I get, but my reason for posting was to publicly apologize to Bill and Linda Adams for the outrageous delay in them getting their trophies, and to apologize to Wendell for the rather unfortunate and undeserved title he received on this thread. I am really glad to see that his reputation goes way beyond the few cracks he got. Yes we did keep the Adams in the loop and we and the shippers did all we could to deliver as fast as we could but we had to climb over many brick walls to get there. It is amazing how many people who can help will not, and in fact will make life difficult and keep you waiting for months. It is just one big bureaucratic hole in the ground.

Dudley

Clinton Rogers
Zim PH

Posts: 3 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell did right. I'm just thankful I'm not married to this woman, but that was never a possibility.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
I skipped much of the thread because it was mostly bashing anybody who had a different opinion - I was subject to that a few times while I tried to convey a problem . Mostly my sympathy here reached out to both Wendell and Linda , Linda because it was a life dream turned sour and Wendell because he was the easy target for frustration. But the thing that disappointed me the most was the attack on a new poster - like you must first qualify before you can be credible ?? , if this is not a place to post problems and seek mature advise/ suggestions - where do people take their problems. I learnt the hard way as I am sure Linda has - you post a problem and get a character bashing - but its all I suppose in the entertainment value of these forums , and I hope it does not scare people off from posting problems and seeking advise from the credible members who can supply real value to the forum.
All the best and glad it worked out Ok in the end for Wendell - I think it worked out well because I to went to the forum to see what was happening to Wendell only to confirm that he has a solid reputation

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't post on the Africa forum much, but after reading and watching this thread....it doesn't suprise me one bit that Linda hasn't come back on here.

Hopefully, someday I'll swing my first trip...Wendell is now on my short list too.

Ken

Posts: 190 | Location: Mountains of Virginia | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a thread!

I booked a trip through Wendell in 2002 for a 2003 trip to Namibia.

Now I'm looking to book my second trip.

Guess who's going to get an email?

Wink

------------------------------------
Add about 360 posts to the total. My username was wiped out with the last board update.

Posts: 273 | Location: Clarks Summit, Pa. | Registered: 17 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Members,

I know some of you folks want to put in your 2 cents as supporters of Wendell in this goat rope and I'm sure he appreciates it but don't you think that Wendell might like to see this thing die? If I was him I'd wince everytime I saw this thread on page 1 again.

Linda has her trophies and Wendell is not a bad person. Case closed.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark I think Wendell want this love fest to go on forever. Best free advertising he ever got and he deserves it. I don't know what the record for pages is on AR but I think someone should post and and we should try to break the record. rotflmo

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, but a quick search of Linda's posts show that she only posted on this thread.

She has not posted anything since this was resolved.

At some point she said she was "threatened" by Wendell that if she complained she would not get her trophies.

And despite being asked to post the email with threat here, she has not.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67046 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes and when I defended Wendell I got a heated PM about how I was ganging up on he and she would be happy to send me all the volumes of documentation that proved the horrible treatment she claimed and proved Wendell had threatened her. I said ok send it to me.....I'm still waiting...... Regardless of her wild and unfound acusations about Wendell I am glad the she received her trophies.

Saeed,

I don't suppose you could close this thread?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received her PM telling about alleged threats, I suggested she post copies of such on the forum. She neither replied to my PM reply, nor did she post any verification of such "phantom" threats on the open forum.
... working around prisoners for 19yrs, some of their primitive coersion techniques are bound to rub off... rotflmo

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leaving on a 21 day to Maasailand in six weeks, booked through Wendell, my second booking through him. Nothing I've seen here has changed my opinion. He has worked hard to make this hunt come off successfully. I'm sure it will.

As to Linda, her silence speaks volumes.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I could be wrong, but a quick search of Linda's posts show that she only posted on this thread.

She has not posted anything since this was resolved.

At some point she said she was "threatened" by Wendell that if she complained she would not get her trophies.

She's been back to visit even though she has not posted. Her log on name has been "lit up" showing her online when I have been logged in.

I doubt after reading all of this thread that she has the integrity to apologize to Wendell for her unsubstantiated accusations.

It's all about her.......

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Just a quick input - Wendell has allways been straight with us in our dealing with him , but I hear Linda , but again maybe misplaced frustration - as a victim of outrage from the AR members before - I learnt attack the problem not the person or you will become the victim, but Linda you should also make good with Wendell he was on your side the whole way.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All's well that ends well, as I see it.

Linda got her property (which may not have happened if this thread hadn't happened).

Wendell got tremendous and valuable free publicity. People who never heard of him have a favorable impression of him now. How else could he get all these people to post recommendations of his services.

Dudley seems sufficiently contrite to pay attention and not make mistakes so easily the next time, something which may help his business, though some may steer clear of him.

So why keep scolding Linda? The matter is concluded and all parties have benefitted.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indy:
So why keep scolding Linda?

Perhaps because she has not contributed to this forum in any way other than to attempt to further her own resolution of a sad turn of events. In so doing she named a thread "Shame on Wendell Reich" and after her problem was resolved she didn't have the ovaries to at least admit Wendell had zero to do with her plight.

Like I said....it's all about her.

Linda....got anything to say? Doubt it!!

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
Perhaps because she has not contributed to this forum in any way other than to attempt to further her own resolution of a sad turn of events.

Yeah, like she's the only 'one post wonder' on AR.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She's a Stuka...screams in, drops her load, and heads elsewhere to let others worry about the destruction she caused.

Good riddance.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote