THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Tiger roulette 45-70 vs 600 Overkill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tiger roulette 45-70 vs 600 Overkill
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
http://s124.photobucket.com/mediadetail/?media=http%3A%...ger%20&pageOffset=20

When hunting cats in shrubs and the tall grass what gun would you like in your hands?

Question:
What would you preffer?

Choices:
Twig and an elephant
45-70 leveraction
Shotgun
600 Overkill
500 S&W

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Lightning speed killers vs what rig?

twig
leveraction
shotgun
bolt
handgun

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jpickens
posted Hide Post
I'd say a 500S&W or a 45/70 would be a sufficient round to stop Shir Khan in his tracks.

Posts: 7 | Location: weston,wv | Registered: 22 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I chose the 45/70 I just wonder how the elephant would respond to the shot Eeker

Posts: 304 | Location: Prince George BC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I was thinking maybe 45-70 and elephant. I could drop the tiger with my 405 grainer moving at 1000 fps (normally my squirrel load), then turn on the elephant and put the remaining 4 shells from my guide gun into him. Surely I would receive full penetration of the elephant, which would drop on the spot. Preferably someone with a camera would be present, then we could post the pictures on the Big Bore Forum! dancing
banana

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Breith
posted Hide Post
hmmmm

I'd have to say twig and elephant, going from that video it looks quite exciting jumping

Posts: 36 | Location: Denmark - | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
i went for elephant, then i would have the nice guide to throw before the tiger. in a perfect situation i would have a sxs 12 gauge paradox to finish of the tiger.

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Benelli M1 Super 90

Factory Pistol Grip Stock

18" Barrel

Fiber Optic Rifle Sights

Long tube magazine

3" Mag OOO Buck!

That would be 10 shots of a hot .357 mag x 7 rounds faster than you can say "Here Kitty Kitty!!"

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
12ga pump shotgun with a rifled barrel

First two rounds would be winchester supreme sabot slugs
behind that would be 00-buck.

And yes, I do CLEARLY understand that the one place the buckshot DO NOT GO is point of aim from a rifled barrel.
Atleast not until you target gets REAL CLOSE.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a pair of howdah pistols; thats what they were meant for.

Posts: 523 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 18 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Boomstick, there is a woman with 75 tigers in a "tiger rehab" program 3 miles from my deer cabin. I send her donations to help feed the cats. With a little luck, the next tornado may provide some real hunting opportunities! Big Grin

My gun of choice in tracking a tiger would be something on the order of Jim Corbett's 450/400 Double, and I just happen to have a 9,3x74R in a double, which is perhaps the perfect big cat medicine. I am taking it to the Gran Chaco this year for buffalo, brocket deer, scrub bull, capybara, puma, and perhaps extinct giant ground sloth. Wink

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Soldiers in WW2 used 30-06 03A3 Remingtons & M1 Garands in Nam M-14's & M 16's killed a lot of big cats